The Australian politics thread

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member

As much as I could get before the paywall :

This is why Victoria Police has a morale problem

Serving and recently retired police officers have spoken out about the dysfunction within Victoria Police that is demoralising members and emboldening criminals.Last week, I was inundated with emails, phone calls and messages from the thin blue line in
 

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
How laughable.
Not to say that this won't come to pass, yet 'clown world' is as 'clown world' does.

 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
It's kind of funny how the "cut military spending and increase welfare" mantras in US politics filter down here to places with shoestring military budgets.

I think most basic-bitch socialists have an idea in their head that because Australia is part of a greater alliance with America that we spend as much on our military as they do on theirs.

The irony is that we're already a highly socialist nation and we're just about tapped out on all other financial resources to redirect to welfare. 100% renewable energy by 2030? If you shitcanned the entire military in Australia you still wouldn't even come close to having the money you'd need.
Then you want an increase in the minimum wage AND throw a UBI on top?

And keep in mind that it's not on the policy but these guys would regulate or just plain ban forestry and fishing out of existence (to name just two industries out of many) while sending a huge chunk of the remaining economy into non-viable status due to increasing power costs.

Unfortunately the dumbing down of the population means that there's an increasing number of people with such an anemic concept of economics that they cannot even fathom the idea that Canberra could ever run out of other people's money.
 

Ouroboros

Woodpecker
Leonard D Neubache said:
I think most basic-bitch socialists have an idea in their head that because Australia is part of a greater alliance with America that we spend as much on our military as they do on theirs.

The even more ironic thing is that it's the complete opposite: we can get away with having relatively low levels of military spending because of the deterrent effect of the alliance.
 

Bluey

Woodpecker
Hephaestus said:
Don't forget there is an election today in NSW.

Polls close at 6pm.

Interesting outcome overall, looks like the major parties are on the nose in a big way, green were almost annihilated, and the national party has had country areas turn to the shooters, fishers, and farmers party.

I'm dreading the federal election. Looks like I'll be marking my ballot from worst to least worst again. :mad:
 

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Bluey said:
Interesting outcome overall, looks like the major parties are on the nose in a big way, green were almost annihilated, and the national party has had country areas turn to the shooters, fishers, and farmers party.

I'm dreading the federal election. Looks like I'll be marking my ballot from worst to least worst again. :mad:


What I find ironic, is that aside from Ballina, the two seats the Greens maintained, are very much inner-city Sydney seats. None out in the rural areas.
The vast majority of the rural / country areas went to either the Nationals or Shooters & Fishers - where most of the farmland is.

Perhaps country folk should hold the food supply to ransom to knock some sense into the effete urbanites...

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/1668e8ce174314b7b8477f9e26e871d6
 

RatInTheWoods

Hummingbird
Gold Member
There was a no immigration party that no one voted for except me, so I guess all Australians are ok with the invasion, carry on.
 

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
RatInTheWoods said:
There was a no immigration party that no one voted for except me, so I guess all Australians are ok with the invasion, carry on.

I voted for the Australia Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats.
 

Hephaestus

Sparrow
Bluey said:
Hephaestus said:
Don't forget there is an election today in NSW.

Polls close at 6pm.

Interesting outcome overall, looks like the major parties are on the nose in a big way, green were almost annihilated, and the national party has had country areas turn to the shooters, fishers, and farmers party.

I'm dreading the federal election. Looks like I'll be marking my ballot from worst to least worst again. :mad:

The New South Wales election had Mark Latham on the ballot, a no-nonsense pre-clownworld Labor leader who wants equality of opportunity not SJW equality of outcome. He cared more about boys and working men then whatever issue was trendy with wealthy Tumblrites.

David Leyonhjelm is another man, who though I don't totally agree with, he is far more principled then the Labrals and Libor.

As for Sustainable Australia, I like their longterm outlook, and how they frame immigration in practical not emotional terms. I think seats in the National senate would actually have the power to shape growth policies instead of fetishising GDP like the Liberals. They are my least bad option for now.
 

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Paging Leonard:

RT said:
Tasmania makes declaring gender on birth certificates optional in divisive raft of reforms

Australia's state of Tasmania has passed a measure giving parents the option of not listing gender on birth certificates, sparking backlash from the island's premier and those who believe such a move hurts women and free speech.
The new rule also permits trans people to change the gender on all identity documents without having sex reassignment surgery or counseling, and allows 16-year-olds to change their gender without parental approval. It also bans “hate speech and offensive language” against people on the basis of their gender identity.

These provisions were attached as amendments onto a bill that originally just ended the legal mandate forcing individuals undergoing gender transition to divorce their partners.
...
While Australia has allowed trans people to change the gender on their passports since 2013 – or use “x” if “male” and “female” seem too restrictive – regardless of surgical status, rules for other identity documents like drivers' licenses vary between the states. According to LGBT advocacy group ILGA, Tasmania is “probably one of the first places in the world” to discard gender from birth certificates altogether, though several countries including Germany, the Netherlands, Pakistan, and Nepal, as well as a number of US states and municipalities, permit individuals to select a third option on identity documents that is not male or female.

https://www.rt.com/news/456185-tasmania-removes-gender-birth-certificates/
 

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Dice Clay - "OH...!"

This one will ruffle some feathers :

@Imamofpeace
8m
Labor wants electric cars. Run out of charge and find a way to get to a charging station that will only take 10 hrs to charge. It’s not like the African gangs in Melbourne will start targeting these stranded drivers. At least the cars get charged, because the African gangs won’t.
 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Handsome Creepy Eel said:
Paging Leonard:

RT said:
Tasmania makes declaring gender on birth certificates optional in divisive raft of reforms

Australia's state of Tasmania has passed a measure giving parents the option of not listing gender on birth certificates, sparking backlash from the island's premier and those who believe such a move hurts women and free speech.
The new rule also permits trans people to change the gender on all identity documents without having sex reassignment surgery or counseling, and allows 16-year-olds to change their gender without parental approval. It also bans “hate speech and offensive language” against people on the basis of their gender identity.

These provisions were attached as amendments onto a bill that originally just ended the legal mandate forcing individuals undergoing gender transition to divorce their partners.
...
While Australia has allowed trans people to change the gender on their passports since 2013 – or use “x” if “male” and “female” seem too restrictive – regardless of surgical status, rules for other identity documents like drivers' licenses vary between the states. According to LGBT advocacy group ILGA, Tasmania is “probably one of the first places in the world” to discard gender from birth certificates altogether, though several countries including Germany, the Netherlands, Pakistan, and Nepal, as well as a number of US states and municipalities, permit individuals to select a third option on identity documents that is not male or female.

https://www.rt.com/news/456185-tasmania-removes-gender-birth-certificates/

The circumstances in parliament surrounding this passing are a testament to female betrayal and why they have no place in politics.

The act itself changes nothing, though on the far end of a civil conflict it will make it very easy to go through the records and find out whose parents are true luciferian thralls.

Exile or the alternative.

Personally none of the people I've discussed this with have been anything other than revolted by it. The pendulum is beginning to swing back from the direction it's been pulled IMO.
 

StrikeBack

Ostrich
Gold Member
I'm doing my newborn son's birth certificate right now. Wanna get that in before Victoria pulls the same stunt and removes gender from the BC all together.

With our federal election called for May 18, I wonder if we can bet on how many new prime ministers we would get for the next 3 years.
 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Congratulations.

Very lucky kid to have parents in the upper 1% of sanity during an insane era.

I wish you the best of luck steering your family through this madness.
 

StrikeBack

Ostrich
Gold Member
Thanks mate, very much appreciate it. :) It's madness ahead for sure, but luckily we know their playbook and will protect our family against them.
 

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Errrr...
Do people normally darken in skin tone as they age?
Or was he lightening his skin back in the day to appear more white...?



Stan Grant says moving Australia Day would be pointless because some Aboriginal people are 'wedded to grievance'

ABC journalist Stan Grant has debated calls to change the date of Australia Day
The 55-year-old argued abolishing date did not change the Australian identity
Grant wrote a future Australia Day would be one of sadness but also of joy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-debates-Australia-Day-changed-abolished.html
 
StrikeBack said:
I'm doing my newborn son's birth certificate right now. Wanna get that in before Victoria pulls the same stunt and removes gender from the BC all together.

With our federal election called for May 18, I wonder if we can bet on how many new prime ministers we would get for the next 3 years.

Congratulations, but did you get your wife's consent for a paternity test? :whip:
 
Top