The Australian politics thread

Hephaestus

Sparrow
The campaigns have started.

The Greens came out clear with with their core selling point.
Stopping Climate Change at any cost (except by using perfectly safe carbon carbon neutral nuclear power, for emotional science denying reasons )

One Nation did the same. (This is a 100% official campaign ad)

[img=630x999]https://i.imgur.com/AjIadmS.jpg[/img]

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Sitting down and slouching whilst trying to look serious?. The standard soy boy ladies n gents!

Plus he has a turtle neck.

@ the 6 seconds mark.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Seems Australians are already rather dismissive / disillusioned with federal politics.
If this scandal breaks while the election campaign is still on, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

George Papadopoulos‏ @GeorgePapa19
21h
Congress and the president should declassify the transcripts of my meetings with Joseph Mifsud and Alexander Downer. One will show that the FBI was handling Mifsud, the other will show that Clinton errand boy, Alexander Downer, was a bumbling spy that ended up getting made.

@GeorgePapa19
21h
Replying to @JohnBrennan
Oh, John: all the weaponized assets you sent my way [Joseph Mifsud, Alexander Downer, Stefan Halper] are all being outed from London, Rome and Canberra. Those governments are now actively cooperating with the Trump administration and have flipped on you. Your role will be exposed

Bluey

Woodpecker
Que enspastic said:
Liberals are going to get wiped the fuck out

I'm hoping minor parties and independents hold the balance of power, if labor gets in with their current social justice and environmental activism wankery we are so screwed.

I'm yet to meet anyone who wants Bill Shorten as PM.

RatInTheWoods

Hummingbird
Gold Member
We are so fucked, as we choose between left and far left, the country will select far left, and the overton window will slide closer to a collapse of Venezuelan proportions.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Bluey said:
Que enspastic said:
Liberals are going to get wiped the fuck out

I'm hoping minor parties and independents hold the balance of power, if labor gets in with their current social justice and environmental activism wankery we are so screwed.

I'm yet to meet anyone who wants Bill Shorten as PM.

Perhaps the media polls & depiction of the current state of play are warped, in a similar fashion to how the media said Hillary Clinton would win?
Yet I suppose we should all plan & prepare for a Labor government...

At the very least, hopefully we get another minority government situation so Labor can't implement all it's bullshit.
You can just about see the fuckers frothing at the mouth to do so.

Bazzwaldo

Woodpecker
The two party theme in western democracy has to be broken
It seems obvious to me that both parties answer the the same handlers
I didn't vote for the installation of Terrorist acts, increase the surveillance state, allow meta data collection, enact more police powers, provide more police weaponry, approve of affirmative action in the workplace, schools and parliament, they did, we were just made to vote for a side
Voters need to move away from these fuckwits and vote for men who ONLY have their communities best interests at heart. If every community put up their best man, this country would soon turn away from the globalist politics that destroy the very nature of what it means to be Australian
Our culture has been ransacked by the two main party dialectic, their gauntlet has, like our fellow western nations been, feminism, Multiculturalism, and Pro-diversity
This shibboleth used by the two majors seek to divide us until we truly fit the yokes designed for us

Bizet

Woodpecker
I'm probably going to cop a lot of shit for this, but the first time in my life, I'm voting for Labor.

Don't get me wrong, I think both Labor and Liberal are equally as shit. Both care more about virtue-signalling than keeping me safe from terrorism my rights to freedom of speech. I realised this when both the party leaders condemned Fraser Anning's comments following the Christchurch attacks.

So for me, being a casual worker, it makes more sense to vote for Labor. The country is going to shit either way; I may as well get my penalty rates back.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Bizet said:
I'm probably going to cop a lot of shit for this, but the first time in my life, I'm voting for Labor.

Don't get me wrong, I think both Labor and Liberal are equally as shit. Both care more about virtue-signalling than keeping me safe from terrorism my rights to freedom of speech. I realised this when both the party leaders condemned Fraser Anning's comments following the Christchurch attacks.

So for me, being a casual worker, it makes more sense to vote for Labor. The country is going to shit either way; I may as well get my penalty rates back.

While disappointment with one side of the globalist coin (Liberals) is very much understandable.
A Labor government by their own past behaviour, won't guarantee a viable enough economy for penalty rates to matter...

Bizet said:

I think Liberal/Coalition is garbage but Labor's reducing capital gains tax discount from 50% to 25% is a deal breaker for me and Australians that want to profit off housing and other assets. My choices are cucked or more cucked.

Bluey

Woodpecker
Bizet said:

I think Liberal/Coalition is garbage but Labor's reducing capital gains tax discount from 50% to 25% is a deal breaker for me and Australians that want to profit off housing and other assets. My choices are cucked or more cucked.

Was talking to a rusted on labor voter today, Greek bloke with the typical story of why he voted labor, Shorten is on the nose enough doesn't sound like labor has his vote this time. Mind you the liberal party don't either.

Cucked and more cucked about sums it up.

Bluey

Woodpecker
hedonist said:
Who was the last decent PM?

John Howard? I know he did a lot of shitty things but it seems like it...

I view that scumbag as the one who's responsible for really kicking off the current globalist rot that's destroyed the country I grew up in.

Don't think there's really been a party that's ruled for Australians in my lifetime. :-/

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
One of my friends suggested that I should not vote for Clive Palmer. He screwed Australia and helped hand over Western Australia to Communist China along with its ports.

What do you think?

hedonist

Woodpecker
Bluey said:
hedonist said:
Who was the last decent PM?

John Howard? I know he did a lot of shitty things but it seems like it...

I view that scumbag as the one who's responsible for really kicking off the current globalist rot that's destroyed the country I grew up in.

Don't think there's really been a party that's ruled for Australians in my lifetime. :-/

Oh he was a globalist for sure ...iraq, gun laws etc ...he still smokes all the ones that have followed him though