The autism thread

Guitarman

Pelican
TheWhiteWolf said:
Just watched the movie Vaxxed very interesting film concerning the link between vaccines and autism. The film filled me with rage to think my life has been completely altered because of big Pharma and they're greedy Agenda
Perhaps the film is B$!

LionHound

Robin
Now they're trying to say Trump is autistic...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...gets_trump_for_mocking_disabled_reporter.html

This ad from the Clinton campaign featuring Jennifer Kohn, a Republican and mother of a son with autism, is one of four testimonial ads the Clinton campaign is running in swing states. All highlight the stories of Republicans who say they are voting for Clinton.

This ad is running in my state(Oregon). Hahaha... Trump was making fun of a guy with Parkinsons which is of course fucked up and now camp Hilary is trying to imply Trump is autistic. What a slam to people with autism and asperger's . Even if Trump was on the spectrum that's not necessarily a bad thing many people on the spectrum show an extremely high aptitude in a specific field/subject. Apparently two wrongs make a right for camp Hilary.

LionHound said:
Now they're trying to say Trump is autistic...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...gets_trump_for_mocking_disabled_reporter.html

This ad from the Clinton campaign featuring Jennifer Kohn, a Republican and mother of a son with autism, is one of four testimonial ads the Clinton campaign is running in swing states. All highlight the stories of Republicans who say they are voting for Clinton.

This ad is running in my state(Oregon). Hahaha... Trump was making fun of a guy with Parkinsons which is of course fucked up and now camp Hilary is trying to imply Trump is autistic. What a slam to people with autism and asperger's . Even if Trump was on the spectrum that's not necessarily a bad thing many people on the spectrum show an extremely high aptitude in a specific field/subject. Apparently two wrongs make a right for camp Hilary.

Trump himself is clearly not autistic but I strongly suspect baron trump is.

Edmund Ironside

Woodpecker
LionHound said:
This ad is running in my state(Oregon). Hahaha... Trump was making fun of a guy with Parkinsons which is of course fucked up and now camp Hilary is trying to imply Trump is autistic.

Except he wasn't really doing that. What he was doing was a clumsy gesture he does sometimes when he is making fun of someone who is caught in a lie or cognitive dissonance when faced with an uncomfortable fact. Trump shouldn't do that stupid hand motion ... exactly because it leaves him open to this type of attack ... but he doesn't do it to attack disabled people (except in the sense that SJWs would say that he's miming someone with a disability so he's doing it subconsciously.) That unfortunate motion Trump uses was taken completely out of context and exaggerated, so please don't spread the disinformation being used to smear him.

LionHound

Robin
Edmund Ironside said:
LionHound said:
This ad is running in my state(Oregon). Hahaha... Trump was making fun of a guy with Parkinsons which is of course fucked up and now camp Hilary is trying to imply Trump is autistic.

Except he wasn't really doing that. What he was doing was a clumsy gesture he does sometimes when he is making fun of someone who is caught in a lie or cognitive dissonance when faced with an uncomfortable fact. Trump shouldn't do that stupid hand motion ... exactly because it leaves him open to this type of attack ... but he doesn't do it to attack disabled people (except in the sense that SJWs would say that he's miming someone with a disability so he's doing it subconsciously.) That unfortunate motion Trump uses was taken completely out of context and exaggerated, so please don't spread the disinformation being used to smear him.

Oh? Seems even I fell for the media lie a little. Time to redouble my fact checking.

Edmund Ironside

Woodpecker
This is from Ann Coulter:
A group called Catholics 4 Trump has posted a video clip of another part of that same speech, in which Trump imitates a flustered general. Guess what? He does the exact same arm flailing.

In another speech, Trump pretended to be a timorous Ted Cruz. Again, he does the exact same arm flailing. You can see the videos here.

Neither the general nor Cruz is disabled.

If a jury ever saw these videos, it would acquit Trump immediately. Trump’s impression of a groveling reporter is just like his imitation of a groveling general and just like his imitation of a groveling U.S. senator. He’s like Rich Little that way: All his impressions look the same.

Perhaps Trump is not a subtle actor, but he’s utterly innocent of making fun of a disabled person.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...invented-lie-trump-mocking-disabled-reporter/

The detailed story that she mentions is here:
https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

dain_bramage

Woodpecker
Mercenary said:
TheWhiteWolf said:
Who wants to bet that if autism affected girls the way it affects boys something would've been done about it

I agree with that 100%.

Well there has been a bit of a push to show that apparently women can be autistic too. Can't be more specific other than that one I've met has the whole activism for disabled people autistic obsession online It does happen and I am surprised that it's not a huge mainstream kind of thing, but then again I get the vast majority of my news from this forum and the occasional bit of information from an autist.

I think some of the autistic women end up being outcasts and then join up in groups of the odd unpopular people. If they have not had a strong father or father figure they get sad views of men and become feminist SJW types.

I think it will get more mainstream and we will hear about the plight of autistic women and girls non stop with no real mention of the men that deal with it.

Merris

Sparrow
I was dating a doctor here in the UK for a while. FWB thing mostly, moving slowly towards a relationship until she had to move away due to her work. According to her, I am on the spectrum because I have the below symptoms in varying degrees:

-Lack of empathy towards others (big one apparently)
-Occasionally overreacting in ways that make little to no sense to her/other people
-Laserlike focus when I find something really interesting, to the level where speech does not register when I'm reading for example
-Sometimes if I'm surprised, she said I can avoid eye contact
-Coldness and keeping myself distant from people

I've received the same kind of feedback at some of the medical exams I've taken.

Apparently for me the lack of empathy is a major indicator with the overreaction/focus thing. My own mother advised me not to go into healthcare/medical as I wouldn't give a shit about other people's issues. At my current age, I kind of have to say that she was correct in this. The comments from my past girlfriends seem to reinforce this (asshole/heartless/distant/quiet/closed). I don't really know what to make of the whole thing. On the other hand, I am quite successful in what I do, but on the other hand I have received this kind of feedback for years (medical professionals, military people during my service, relatives, LTR's) and I am old enough to recognize the behavior myself now. Luckily I have a loving family and good friends and the "symptoms", if they are there, are not crippling.

Maybe it's why stoicism seems to resonate with me so much.

slppryslp

Pigeon
Its heavy metals and fluoride mainly. Your liver doesn't automatically eliminate toxins like you imagine. Read about enterohepatic circulation. You can see this for example when a woman takes birth control, there is a double spike in hormone levels once when she absorbs it and once when she reabsorbs it. Hormones and metals are different..hormones you can actually break down. So often you are absorbing bile at a 95% rate which is a problem if you actually want to eliminate toxins. Practices that increase bile flow without fat or oil in the intestine interrupt the recirculation of the toxins it appears(the health effects of silly seeming aperatif bitters and practice of oil pulling start to make sense). Also Alkaline urine eliminates a completely different set of toxins in your pee than acidic urine(this is a very well established fact for drugs-sometimes they will give you sodium citrate or bicarbonate for people who have overdosed to speed the elimination of a drug). Ayurveda has a long list of ways to remove toxins and a thousand year history. A good place to start. Activated charcoal diatomaceous earth and especially chlorella(build up dosage verrry slowly) are all excellent. Chlorella used to be pumped into mines to absorb left over heavy metals. I wish you the best of luck with your son, it sounds like you have had a long road. Weve all been duped, as is becoming obvious recently.

TheWhiteWolf said:
Who wants to bet that if autism affected girls the way it affects boys something would've been done about it

What's interesting is that the whole BS "vaccines cause autism" shit was started by none other than Jenny McCarthy. Nobody give a fuck until some washed up post wall whore's son was hit with this shit. Now naturally it's a big deal because a chick with big tits said so.

In typical hamster fashion, there has to be a finger pointed (save the scientific proof, that shit's for men) and heads must roll.

dain_bramage

Woodpecker
Red_Pillage said:
TheWhiteWolf said:

What's interesting is that the whole BS "vaccines cause autism" shit was started by none other than Jenny McCarthy. Nobody give a fuck until some washed up post wall whore's son was hit with this shit. Now naturally it's a big deal because a chick with big tits said so.

In typical hamster fashion, there has to be a finger pointed (save the scientific proof, that shit's for men) and heads must roll.

Your post sums up the politics of women in general and can be expanded into different spheres. Some being the SJW sphere and far as I have seen its quite probable that autist women become SJWs. If they have the diagnosis they can use that as cred for the progressive stack thing. They always need to blame an entire system for their perceived injustices and are rabid in their desire to exert some kind of vengeance over those that aren't part of the their new special group they have now that they may not have had in school.

There's a decent sized movement of autists, I kid you not, that are against that sort of stuff she's pushing. But specifically they are against 'Autism speaks' and any group that wants to 'cure' them. One of them I know is vocal about it and he's against people that think only about the inconvenience of having an autist as a child as opposed to the fact that they are human beings and those that can function well should be given some kind of agency or choices in life instead of being shuffled away or used as some means of virtue signalling and ' woe is me' posturing. Some of them can be annoying as hell but they are still people and not just fashion accessories.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Red_Pillage said:
TheWhiteWolf said:

Its Jenny that started the "warrior mom" movement.

Basically, every autism mom read Jenny's book. They now believe that in order to raise a child with autism you have to be a raging bitch. Schools, for example, have to do what warrior moms say, no matter what. In my godsons schools case, they have to spend taxpayer money out of their already tight budget to build a special sandbox. Autism kids respond to "sandbox therapy." Never mind the fact that the school has the word beach in its name and is 100 yards from a beach. They can't take the kids to the beach though, because the sound of the waves scare the autism kid.

Warrior moms consider any interaction with their children that aren't exactly the way th y want it to be as discrimination if its from the school, or bullying if its from another kid.

The autism kid we've had all our dealings with has what's called pervasive
Developmental disorder not otherwise specified (pddnos) with severe Adhd. This puts him on the autism spectrum, so his warrior mom is on the autism train.

One of the side effects of this kids malady is violent outbursts against other kids. He bites and scratches. Now, when he does this, the thing to do is ignore it. Don't do anything.

When a kid hits him back, or even pushes him away, guess what? Warrior mom is on your ass. Hitting back, or just not sitting there getting bit is bullying.

I could go on for hours, this topic just makes my blood pressure rise as I get older.

Aloha!

dain_bramage

Woodpecker
Kona said:
Red_Pillage said:
TheWhiteWolf said:

Its Jenny that started the "warrior mom" movement.

Basically, every autism mom read Jenny's book. They now believe that in order to raise a child with autism you have to be a raging bitch. Schools, for example, have to do what warrior moms say, no matter what. In my godsons schools case, they have to spend taxpayer money out of their already tight budget to build a special sandbox. Autism kids respond to "sandbox therapy." Never mind the fact that the school has the word beach in its name and is 100 yards from a beach. They can't take the kids to the beach though, because the sound of the waves scare the autism kid.

Warrior moms consider any interaction with their children that aren't exactly the way th y want it to be as discrimination if its from the school, or bullying if its from another kid.

The autism kid we've had all our dealings with has what's called pervasive
Developmental disorder not otherwise specified (pddnos) with severe Adhd. This puts him on the autism spectrum, so his warrior mom is on the autism train.

One of the side effects of this kids malady is violent outbursts against other kids. He bites and scratches. Now, when he does this, the thing to do is ignore it. Don't do anything.

When a kid hits him back, or even pushes him away, guess what? Warrior mom is on your ass. Hitting back, or just not sitting there getting bit is bullying.

I could go on for hours, this topic just makes my blood pressure rise as I get older.

Aloha!

That's bizzare. If a autists goes around hitting and biting other kids the others have a right to defend themselves and respond in kind.

What kind of pussy autistic person is he? When I was little I would have gone bonkers to go to the beach a short drive away. Carve out a little spot near a log or more logs and just let him derp around while surprivazed in a manner that keeps the kid kind of cornered.

I wasn't AHDD. I would usually find something to do by myself and would stick to rules and structures well.

Women dominating education has been damaging to young men.

Crow
Gold Member
Kona said:
Never mind the fact that the school has the word beach in its name and is 100 yards from a beach. They can't take the kids to the beach though, because the sound of the waves scare the autism kid.

Aloha!

As Tyga would say:
Fuck it, don't save 'em
Let that boy drown if he don't float, guess he wasn't made for it

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
dain_bramage said:
That's bizzare. If a autists goes around hitting and biting other kids the others have a right to defend themselves and respond in kind.

There lies the issue.

He has a disorder that causes him to do this. The mentality is that if this kid had polio or something, you can't hit him when his polio acts up. If you do, you are a bully.

Also, they are teaching the kids to do nothing when they are scrated and bit.

Let's also remember that the one thing science can link autism to is MOTHERHOOD OBESITY!!!!

Try telling that to a warrior mom.

Aloha!

Suits

Kona said:
dain_bramage said:

There lies the issue.

He has a disorder that causes him to do this. The mentality is that if this kid had polio or something, you can't hit him when his polio acts up. If you do, you are a bully.

Let's see how well the logic works when Mr. Aspie is big enough to do serious damage to his victims.

What if he is 13 and his autism causes him to grab teen girl's boobs?

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Suits said:
Kona said:
dain_bramage said:

There lies the issue.

Let's see how well the logic works when Mr. Aspie is big enough to do serious damage to his victims.

What if he is 13 and his autism causes him to grab teen girl's boobs?

I was thinking about this kid when I heard about this situation:

This kid is also the perfect reason why you shouldn't give your kid a stupid name. I call him Dilbert. That isn't his name, but it is similar to that.

My family has gone around and around with this. So have a number of other families. It all began a few years ago when my godson hit him after he was stabbing my little niece, his cousin, with a stick. Or something like that.

These people used to live in my little neighborhood, and we were all happy to see them go. They care more about attention then properly caring for Dilbert.

Again, could go on for pages, but my temperature goes up. I'm triggered.

Aloha!