The autism thread

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

It's astonishing to see how many people completely rule out vaccines as part of the cause for autism. They want to believe its not the possible because CNN and the CDC told them it wasn't. I'm not sure how you just brush it aside when there are thousands of videos of kids saying words, walking, engaging with family....then after the MMR vaccine they are gone... just gone.

Cause the government would never sell us out to big pharmacy or allow big brother pharm to subject us to something that was super profitable but not in our best interest now would it...
tenor.gif

Waqqle

Kingfisher
Mercenary said:
Moreless said:
Take a moment to ask yourself why these genes continue to exists today and weren't snuffed out a millennia ago.

You are assuming that autism has existed for a long time.
I think the evidence for autism existing before the 1930s (even under another name) is highly doubtful. Doctors throughout history have always recorded symptoms of illnesses, no matter what they called the illness. The symptoms found in men today don't seem to appear in great numbers before the mid 20th century.
This is most likely a modern disease caused by modern medicines and environments.

Archimedes, Henry Cavendish, Isaac Newton, and Nikola Tesla to name a few examples of people before 1930 who were almost certainly autistic given what we know of their lives, habits, and what other people recorded about them. One problem with going back in history is that we most likely will only be able to find the most highly intelligent and accomplished examples because they were the only ones anybody thought to write anything about. There is also the issue that we are limited to looking only at societies which wrote things down at all and whose writings have survived up to now so that leaves out most of humanity for most of history. Since autism is a neurological condition, it would not manifest in the bones either and the skeletons of autists would look just like anyone else's so digging up cavemen would not help either since all of their organ and brain matter dissolved away long ago leaving only their bones.

There is stuff like this as well:

https://www.ancient-origins.net/new...between-humans-and-neanderthals-may-be-020934

https://www.ancient-origins.net/art...tic-traits-led-revolution-ice-age-art-0010056

Cr33pin said:

It's astonishing to see how many people completely rule out vaccines as part of the cause for autism. They want to believe its not the possible because CNN and the CDC told them it wasn't. I'm not sure how you just brush it aside when there are thousands of videos of kids saying words, walking, engaging with family....then after the MMR vaccine they are gone... just gone.

Cause the government would never sell us out to big pharmacy or allow big brother pharm to subject us to something that was super profitable but not in our best interest now would it...
tenor.gif

:laugh:

I think the government is listening to your thoughts right now. You should sue the feds and get an order from a judge to stop them from invading your privacy.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

https://www.autismspeaks.org/scienc...ms-no-association-between-vaccines-and-autism

http://nationalacademies.org/HMD/Re...fects-of-Vaccines-Evidence-and-Causality.aspx

http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(13)00144-3/pdf?ext=.pdf

http://nationalacademies.org/HMD/Reports/2004/Immunization-Safety-Review-Vaccines-and-Autism.aspx

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pdf/cdcstudiesonvaccinesandautism.pdf

Fenaroli

Robin
I lean quite heavily towards the view that there is much "over-diagnosis" and generally retain a huge amount of skepticism over the field of psychiatry, which I think is quack medicine masquerading to fix ailments of the soul.

That being said, when I was younger I worked for a short time in day school for special needs children and know when there can be people born very differently. Even then, they had real biological conditions you could diagnose.

But for the whole ADHD/Adderrall/Anxiety nexus, I'm very skeptical of it all. Willing to hear views on this. Thomas Szasz was a prominent psychiatrist who railed against psychiatry, and I really enjoyed reading his insightful writings on the subject.

Elipe

Pelican
To quote Temple Grandin: Autistics learn social interactions the way ordinary people learn lines to a play.
I know this is an old post, but this line strikes me as rather prescient of the NPC meme. When you think about it, most people ("normies") really are, without being very aware of it, running off some sort of script. For most people, this script isn't something they're very conscious of, but they still follow it. The average person is very much a broken tape recorder.

I've noticed that when people such as pastors and politicians give speeches, they tend to just repeat the same point about 4 or so times but worded a bit differently. If you're a protestant, you're probably very aware of this where pastors will just try to fill that allotted hour for church with repeating the same point 3 or 4 times with different words. What could've been a 5 minute sermon gets stretched to fill an hour.

I think a lot of people are kind of like that in their everyday conversations, but are not very self-aware about that. Hence the NPC meme.

Autism is real, but vastly overdiagnosed because the criteria for stuff like "mild autism/aspergers" is way too vague and inclusive. Too open for subjective interpretation. A lot of other mental issues unrelated to autism can mimic the supposed autism symptoms.

Big pharma has a lot to do with this autism fad. It also has become a huge profit for associations like autism speaks, insurance companies,m schools, and so forth. Now it seems every basic Tiktok bitch or nerdy SJW soyboy gets diagnosed/diagnosed himself just because he's a bit quirky and thinks of himself as smarter than all the rest of "sheeple".

Also there's no such a thing as a spectrum, there are several different kinds of autism, some of them caused by stuff like heavy metal poisoning, metabolic disorders, vitamin or hormonal deficiencies. However, there are autistic kids who have mental retardation and never develop any language. The vast majority of autistic people are the ones who can't talk and are severely disabled.

Most of the so called "autistics" you see whoring about on social media and media in general boasting on how they're sooo autistic and special, aren't really autistic, some of them have some traits at best, but they're not disabled by them. Most of the time, if they have any mental health issues, that's the reason of their dissability, not their "autistic" traits. They're just pathetic people who want to form part of a clique of "chosen ones"

Don't believe personally the vaccine angle. A lot of kids who were diagnosed early on tend to grow pretty normal albeit with some personality quirks. Sometimes they even "grow up" their autism without having any kind of therapy.

Last edited:

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Autism is real, but vastly overdiagnosed because the criteria for stuff like "mild autism/aspergers" is way too vague and inclusive. Too open for subjective interpretation. A lot of other mental issues unrelated to autism can mimic the supposed autism symptoms.

Big pharma has a lot to do with this autism fad. It also has become a huge profit for associations like autism speaks, insurance companies,m schools, and so forth. Now it seems every basic Tiktok bitch or nerdy SJW soyboy gets diagnosed/diagnosed himself just because he's a bit quirky and thinks of himself as smarter than all the rest of "sheeple".

Also there's no such a thing as a spectrum, there are several different kinds of autism, some of them caused by stuff like heavy metal poisoning, metabolic disorders, vitamin or hormonal deficiencies. However, there are autistic kids who have mental retardation and never develop any language. The vast majority of autistic people are the ones who can't talk and are severely disabled.

Most of the so called "autistics" you see whoring about on social media and media in general boasting on how they're sooo autistic and special, aren't really autistic, some of them have some traits at best, but they're not disabled by them. Most of the time, if they have any mental health issues, that's the reason of their dissability, not their "autistic" traits. They're just pathetic people who want to form part of a clique of "chosen ones"

Don't believe personally the vaccine angle. A lot of kids who were diagnosed early on tend to grow pretty normal albeit with some personality quirks. Sometimes they even "grow up" their autism without having any kind of therapy.
I can trace my son's autism to his 1 yo shots. He went completely non-responsive after that and regressed. It's taken 2 years of very intensive 40+hours a week therapy to get him halfway close to where he was at 10 months.

So I tend to believe thst the inflammation caused by some vaccine fevers is directly correlated.

I can trace my son's autism to his 1 yo shots. He went completely non-responsive after that and regressed. It's taken 2 years of very intensive 40+hours a week therapy to get him halfway close to where he was at 10 months.

So I tend to believe thst the inflammation caused by some vaccine fevers is directly correlated.
I am really sorry to hear what happened to your son.
Another reminder: when my children, I would try my best to move and raise them in a country where there are no forced vaccination (particularly no forced MMR vaccination).
At this moment, large parts of Asia and most of Africa are still free from this insanity that is forced vaccination.

By the way, Dr Wakefield explains in the documentary "Vaxxed 1" why the MMR vaccine is totally unnecessary and extremely dangerous. As many as 1 in 50 (!) develop autism after their first MMR shot.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I am really sorry to hear what happened to your son.
Another reminder: when my children, I would try my best to move and raise them in a country where there are no forced vaccination (particularly no forced MMR vaccination).
At this moment, large parts of Asia and most of Africa are still free from this insanity that is forced vaccination.

By the way, Dr Wakefield explains in the documentary "Vaxxed 1" why the MMR vaccine is totally unnecessary and extremely dangerous. As many as 1 in 50 (!) develop autism after their first MMR shot.
Unfortunately I didn't have any choice in the matter as it was a result of mom's decisions when i was in the military and we were divorced.

With our first son i insisted he have the shots spaced out over several months.

With the second i didn't have such ability.