The Ben Shapiro thread

armenia4ever

Kingfisher
RE: Ben Shapiro on Anti-Leftist Tactics

Killer Joe said:
His present actions completely contradict and invalidate nearly everything he's said in the past.

With his white knighting for Fields and Trump denialism, he's engaging in SJW tactics. And remember: SJW's always lie.

Expand on that.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do one's actions - take for example his great advocacy for second amendment rights - suddenly go out the window because of criticism on a different subject?

Yes, SJWs do always lie, but are we going to just toss that label around lightly? Are we akin to tossing out our own ist and isms so to speak and diluting their meaning? What is the limit on the litmus/purity test before one becomes an SJW?

Consider what actually makes an SJW - character flaws and very deep ones. The fact that they are mostly a feature of the left doesn't imply that other worldviews are just as susceptible.

- A willingness to lie and slander because its "for the greater good".
- Refusing to ever admit wrong, even if the critique isn't from someone trying to go after them on a personal level.
- Always seeing things in black and white with no mercy.
- Throwing people out of the group when they don't subscribe to every principle and being willing to ignore and dismiss anything beneficial they had done previously for the group.
- Willing to do whatever is necessary to take the moral high ground, no matter who is hurt in the process. (The ends always justify the means)
- Guilt/wrong by association; every damn time. Did you associate with said thought criminal for any reason? You are automatically as bad as him, even if you don't completely agree with him.
- Willing to be disingenuous if you can make "appropriate" targets look bad and/or hurt their reputation.

Now I'm willing to fight fire with fire, but I reserve that for individuals who do most of the above and have no regret doing it. Do you? Has Shapiro become all of that and earned an SJW label? I don't think he's close.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member

^ The lesson is don't be desperate for role models. There are plenty of better ones. He is not it.

Travesty brings up a good point on not being desperate for role models. Big picture here, Shapiro did us all a solid by expanding upon Andrew Breitbart's debate-attack style. He's still a fairly alright conservative by me, and I agree with about 80% of the stuff he writes, it's just that this situation revealed him as a big pussy and crybaby.

If he actually believes Michelle Fields, I would think that he's fucking her based on how much nonsense he's arguing in favor of.

If he DOESN'T believe Michelle Fields (likely, as he's not stupid), then he's making a smart play by capitalizing on being a very public white knight (believe it or not, this might get him a lucrative career at Salon or The Reader's Digest) while solving the problem of leaving Breitbart and publicly smearing them on the way out -- as their pro-Trump atmosphere probably triggers him on the daily. He can claim the 'principled conservative' moral high ground while being a giant douche. That's pretty smart.

I thought it was telling that he used Buzzfeed to tender their resignation. Nobody else considers Breitbart office politics to be newsworthy, I guess.

Wreckingball

Pelican

Guys, comment the video, not his white knighting skills.

Video is very informative and most of the tactics are very useful.

Wreckingball said:
Guys, comment the video, not his white knighting skills.

Video is very informative and most of the tactics are very useful.

Like it or not, it's the Ben Shapiro thread now.

His video is useful. His actions go against everything in it.

Why do SJWs lie? They want to get their people in positions of power. They think that is more important that whatever the organization they are a part of is actually trying to accomplish.

Who is Ben's people? What do he, Michelle Fields, and the Buzzfeed reporters he leaked to all have in common?

Oy vey, who could say.

SvenTuga

Sparrow
Gold Member

Barbarian_Brad said:
Like it or not, it's the Ben Shapiro thread now.

His video is useful. His actions go against everything in it.

Why do SJWs lie? They want to get their people in positions of power. They think that is more important that whatever the organization they are a part of is actually trying to accomplish.

Who is Ben's people? What do he, Michelle Fields, and the Buzzfeed reporters he leaked to all have in common?

Oy vey, who could say.

In light of recent events related to the video and the person, I would agree with Barbarian_Brad. The latest events clearly showed the character of the man, and that he is willing to use the same tactics as SJWs, while criticising them.

It all started with this "Of course there are legitimate racists and we should target them, We should find them and we should hurt their careers because racism is unacceptable." (http://voxday.blogspot.se/2016/02/i-find-this-view-unacceptable.html). Which is an example of, "Willing to do whatever is necessary to take the moral high ground, no matter who is hurt in the process. (The ends always justify the means)".

Then he goes on to write this (http://voxday.blogspot.se/2016/03/an-enemy-of-alt-right.html), while having written this (http://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2011/04/13/the_magic_of_donald_trump/page/full). And fair enough he it was in 2011, but in 2015 he writes this (http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...us-conservatives-should-learn-from-netanyahu/). So Bibi can do it, but not Trump? I'll get to this later. Quite frankly, one could say that Trump is the American Netanyahu. America needs someone like him who will put America and Americans first. But that's for the Donald Trump Thread

Then this (http://voxday.blogspot.se/2016/03/the-littlest-chickenhawk-goes-to-war.html) happens, he white knights, and there was quite a lot of buzz over the media, leading to a Breitbart journalist being suspended (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...xpressed-skepticism-about-colleagues-assault/). An example of "Throwing people out of the group when they don't subscribe to every principle and being willing to ignore and dismiss anything beneficial they had done previously for the group." and "A willingness to lie and slander because its "for the greater good"." In the end it turns out that it was all a hoax (http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/03/13/michelle-fields-corey-lewandowski-trump-hoax/), and resigns (http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/0...en-shapiro-what-really-happened-at-breitbart/). All the while he refuses to admit he was wrong. An example of, "Refusing to ever admit wrong, even if the critique isn't from someone trying to go after them on a personal level." This last piece also starts to show why he has been talking shot about Trump and sides with Cruz. It happens that his latest project, the Daily Wire, is owned by the Wilks brothers, who also donated 15million to Ted Cruz. Hence, he writes in accordance to the Wilks bros desire. An example of "Willing to be disingenuous if you can make "appropriate" targets look bad and/or hurt their reputation." and possibly "A willingness to lie and slander because its "for the greater good"."

He is still good writer, but now we understand that he is part of the narrative and establishment. As such, he is a Cuck and almost full SJW.

SvenTuga

Sparrow
Gold Member

Yes they are! As 60min passed need to do another one to fix it. Sorry, about that.

In light of recent events related to the video and the person, I would agree with Barbarian_Brad. The latest events clearly showed the character of the man, and that he is willing to use the same tactics as SJWs, while criticising them.

It all started with this "Of course there are legitimate racists and we should target them, We should find them and we should hurt their careers because racism is unacceptable." (here). Which is an example of, "Willing to do whatever is necessary to take the moral high ground, no matter who is hurt in the process. (The ends always justify the means)".

Then he goes on to write this (here), while having written this (here). And fair enough he it was in 2011, but in 2015 he writes this (here). So Bibi can do it, but not Trump? I'll get to this later. Quite frankly, one could say that Trump is the American Netanyahu. America needs someone like him who will put America and Americans first. But that's for the Donald Trump Thread

Then this (here) happens, he white knights, and there was quite a lot of buzz over the media, leading to a Breitbart journalist being suspended (here). An example of "Throwing people out of the group when they don't subscribe to every principle and being willing to ignore and dismiss anything beneficial they had done previously for the group." and "A willingness to lie and slander because its "for the greater good"." In the end it turns out that it was all a hoax (here), and resigns (here). All the while he refuses to admit he was wrong. An example of, "Refusing to ever admit wrong, even if the critique isn't from someone trying to go after them on a personal level." This last piece also starts to show why he has been talking shot about Trump and sides with Cruz. It happens that his latest project, the Daily Wire, is owned by the Wilks brothers, who also donated 15million to Ted Cruz. Hence, he writes in accordance to the Wilks bros desire. An example of "Willing to be disingenuous if you can make "appropriate" targets look bad and/or hurt their reputation." and possibly "A willingness to lie and slander because its "for the greater good"."

He is still good writer, but now we understand that he is part of the narrative and establishment. As such, he is a Cuck and almost full SJW.

Killer Joe said:
Did Ben Shapiro skip puberty?

He still looks 14 years old, is 5'5" tall and has a squeaky voice.

Oddly enough he doesn't care to use that as a defense when he's asked why he didn't join the military while he was supporting the Bush wars as a young "man".

Frankly the guy reminds me of this story my dad told me about an ad he saw encouraging jews to go back to Israel and work on the Kibbutzes: "We want men who can work with their hands, not their mouths." Shapiro is just a little pussy that can argue as much as he wants because he was lucky enough to have been born in an age where it's unacceptable to pound mouthy little wankers into the dirt.

Ben Shapiro spending over 3 minutes on whining about the Alt Right shitposting him to death:

OY VEY! It's like anudda shoah!

El Chinito loco

Crow
Gold Member

Requiem said:
Ben Shapiro spending over 3 minutes on whining about the Alt Right shitposting him to death:

OY VEY! It's like anudda shoah!

There's seriously been no other time in history that the descendants of european Jews including the ones from other nations are more accepted and prosperous.

This crying about anti-semitism at every turn is getting old fast especially when people are obviously trolling him for his lack of integrity and his white knight fabrication of a news story.

If Ben was a black dude they would have photoshopped a bucket of fried chicken and gold teeth on his picture. If he was asian a rice hat and buck teeth. If he was hispanic than a big sombrero and a cactus. If he was non Jewish white then maybe a big black man cucking his wife.

They would have trolled him with anything. The fact that he is specifically a Jew is immaterial to the fact he's a lying shitheel who fabricated a nonsense story.

DannyAlberta

Kingfisher
Gold Member

El Chinito loco said:
This crying about anti-semitism at every turn is getting old fast especially when people are obviously trolling him for his lack of integrity and his white knight fabrication of a news story.

Guy who decries toxic, identity-first politics and illiberal leftist hypocrisy on a daily basis resorts to both to defend himself. Is apparently too butthurt to even realize he's cutting against his own foundational belief systems.

Irony factor: 10 out of 10.

I am somewhat amused reading through his twitter replies and seeing all kinds of palm-rubbing big-nosed hilarity, but haven't insulted him on the basis of anything outside of his coopting of leftist disinformation and misdirection tactics. Being in cahoots with washpo was a nice bipartisan touch.

He has an amazing career ahead of him at salon, huffpo, or Jezebel. I'm not just trolling on that one.

He probably knows leftist nonsense better than thet do and clearly has no problem using it to his advantage.

Given his background he'd be a celebrity overnight. Hugo Scwhyzers absence is sorely missed I'm sure.

steak

Pigeon

I've never had much respect for Ben Shapiro, these academic conservative talking heads have always irritated the shit out of me and I'm really not one for politics but here goes the rant.

Ben Shapiro is a complete pussy, sold out his own journalistic integrity over the Michelle Fields hoax and how he handled verification of information at Breitbart. The pussy can't even go to his own speeches through the front door because he will get stepped on by Black Lives Matter thugs. He will sell out free speech for 'religious freedom' aka letting a bunch of Muslims into America through the American Mexican border.

American taxpayers give 10.2 million USD to Israel every day mostly in military aid (source)

I was raised Jewish, with Jews, most of my friends are Jews. 10.2 million dollars a day is unnecessary. Go fucking cry me a river Ben over how you got meme'd on Twitter.

This is what a Harvard Law grad looks like, and honestly having worked with a few Harvard grads and dropouts I have to say I am not impressed.

Prediction: Harvard's brand will deteriorate in the next 30 years well below it's Ivy League counterparts.

The other piece of cowardice is this:

He's raising these anti-Semitic attacks NOW, AFTER he started attacking Trump.

As if he didn't receive ANY of these attacks before, as a high-profile conservative Jew.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

He destroys the debate at 5:37

I like Ben Shapiro for the most part...... I wouldn't wanna debate him

heavy

Hummingbird
Gold Member

Excellent Ben Shapiro interview with Dave Rubin. This gives you an idea of how to handle discussions about public policy vs handling friendly social interactions.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Ironically, Lil Benny acts hysterical just like the Marxists that he condemns if you but give the mildest of criticism towards Israel, neocons or associated factions. He's a Conservative, as long you believe in the Conservation of Tel Aviv Uber Alles.