The Ben Shapiro thread

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I like his approach of speaking directly but using professional and respectful language overall.

Ben Shapiro on Alex Jones (or anyone else on the right who is a few degrees from his script):

Alex Jones is a dumpster fire. Alex Jones is a piece of crap. Alex Jones is a hair-brain lunatic we need to marginalise.

Ben Shapiro on what was the radical left five years ago: *respectful debate*

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Ben Shapiro on Alex Jones (or anyone else on the right who is a few degrees from his script):

Alex Jones is a dumpster fire. Alex Jones is a piece of crap. Alex Jones is a hair-brain lunatic we need to marginalise.

Ben Shapiro on what was the radical left five years ago: *respectful debate*

The video is good and I agree with it for the most part and the fact that homosexuals and transsexuals have pushed so hard has made me more against them. However, Ben Shapiro views them as having mental problems. His stance on this issue overall is similar to mine. It is tricky because we see what happens if we allow them some freedom (as Ben Shapiro believes), they will ask for and demand more. Fuentes realizes that we have to be harsh towards them because they can't be satisfied keeping their perversions in their homes and away from kids. I am starting to lean this way also where as before I was more like Mr. Shapiro. Both men are not supportive of homosexuals but Nick Fuentes is more alarmed (with good reason) and realizes we have to push back hard (where Shapiro wants to be more neutral).

I found his stance on homosexual marriage. He believes the government should stay out of the marriage business and I agree with this view. In my opinion, marriage should be a promise between 2 people and possibly their church/synagogue, etc... The government should have no business in marriage and by getting involved in marriage, they have encouraged women to get divorced if their husband (or perhaps these days, their lesbian wife) is wealthy. Shapiro does worry about the shifting Overton window and the fact that people will be forced to support homosexuals (such as the Colorado baker).

OK, I guess he is not always polite and occasionally is too direct and sarcastic. The comments about Alex Jones were out of line. However, in the videos I have seen, when someone respectfully asks a question, he tends to be polite back (even if someone disagrees with him). I did see him write 'morons' on a chalkboard when rude people shouted him down before a speech, but I thought this was justified (and probably the appropriate usage of the term as well). I have not seen all of his videos. I have not seen him swear or use the middle finger to express his thoughts like I have seen certain feminists do to express their views.

Ben Shapiro on Same sex marriage

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The video is good and I agree with it for the most part and the fact that homosexuals and transsexuals have pushed so hard...

Ben Shaprio's positions is one reason we find ourselves in this position. If you let people do whatever they want, they will act irresponsibly, they will vote to steal their children's future for present comforts and sit by while pedophiles are sent into the school to teach their 4 year old children.

Ben Shapiro is not a conservative. His message is essentially let people do what they want, so long as they don't hurt anyone (with a liberal lens on what hurt is).

Traditional family structures and a coherent, contiguous culture can only be passed on via an authoritarian power. It has been the model of all civilizations. If you don't want your children to be indoctrinated by pedophiles, and everything else that is going on and coming, the only way out is via an authoritarian power that bans people from behaving in socially destructive ways. Not to different from what Shapiro supports in Israel, where he may run to when his acolytes lead to the destruction of Nashville.

Shapiro has been throwing this line for a long time. Republicans and Democrats need to allow each other to live with their differences in peace. In that time we have seen the left become an authoritarian power in The US in charge of all institutions. Shapiro is essentially not even allowed in mainstream debate even though he is on the other side of the Overton Window.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Ben Shaprio's positions is one reason we find ourselves in this position. If you let people do whatever they want, they will act irresponsibly, they will vote to steal their children's future for present comforts and sit by while pedophiles are sent into the school to teach their 4 year old children.

Ben Shapiro is not a conservative. His message is essentially let people do what they want, so long as they don't hurt anyone (with a liberal lens on what hurt is).

Traditional family structures and a coherent, contiguous culture can only be passed on via an authoritarian power. It has been the model of all civilizations. If you don't want your children to be indoctrinated by pedophiles, and everything else that is going on and coming, the only way out is via an authoritarian power that bans people from behaving in socially destructive ways. Not to different from what Shapiro supports in Israel, where he may run to when his acolytes lead to the destruction of Nashville.

Shapiro has been throwing this line for a long time. Republicans and Democrats need to allow each other to live with their differences in peace. In that time we have seen the left become an authoritarian power in The US in charge of all institutions. Shapiro is essentially not even allowed in mainstream debate even though he is on the other side of the Overton Window.
You have a good point. It is interesting that my views are seen as 'radical' by some on the left even though they were quite common a few years ago. Ex. ban homosexual adoption, don't recognize homosexual marriage, no government funding to support homosexuality, 'don't ask, don't tell in the military', discrimination against homosexuals legal, etc... Now, these positions are seen as radical. I am guessing leftists view Shapiro's views on the topic 'radical' as well when they are actually 'centrist' or 'moderate' in my view. Radical in my opinion would be what some countries in the Middle East and Africa do which involves the death penalty or long prison sentences or possibly reeducation camps. The Overton window has definitely shifted for many.

I was curious about Singapore, a country that had a tough but effective leader who seemed to have traditional values but with a pro-business edge. The country has strict laws that the USA could consider similar laws (although female homosexuality should also be a crime as well). sadly, Singapore is shifting left also. I would now be in favor of laws banning it but perhaps with soft punishments like house arrest (but allowed to go to/from work and for essential errands with permission in advance), a fine, and community service. These laws would show the government is against homosexuality, but it would not be too costly for taxpayers and it would not ruin their lives. Perhaps 2-3 strokes of a cane could be added also for multiple offenses. Ironically, their push for 'tolerance' has made me less tolerant of them.

I think Shapiro believes in the ideal of a strong family and as a mature adult, he believes in libertarianism (except when it comes to war of course) because libertarianism can work well when most adults are mature. It is a nice ideal and in certain areas, it can still work (such as getting rid of dumb laws like the seatbelt laws, outdoor beer drinking, or rules about cutting your grass) but in other areas, maybe it can't work so well because most adults these days are selfish and immature.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I remember getting into the red pill stuff starting with Shapiro. Back then I thought Shapiro was out of the league and I really enjoyed him battering down leftist students. I even thought back then that Jews would usually be republican, cause I didn't make the distinction between Orthodox and secular Jews. Boy was I wrong.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
I remember getting into the red pill stuff starting with Shapiro. Back then I thought Shapiro was out of the league and I really enjoyed him battering down leftist students. I even thought back then that Jews would usually be republican, cause I didn't make the distinction between Orthodox and secular Jews. Boy was I wrong.
He calls the typical Jews on the left JINOS (Jews in Name Only).

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
This is a few months old but it is interesting. Most of the commercials are not even funny or interesting and they are supposed to be the best of the year. The lower quality of commercials is just one more example of America's decline. I like his comments about Bruce Springsteen riding a jeep in Kansas discussing 'uniting America' are interesting. It starts at about 9:30.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
This interview is more about Larry Elder; Ben Shapiro simply asks a few questions. However, it is worth sharing. The first half is about Larry Elder's father. I don't know much about Larry Elder; however, I still found this interview quite interesting.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
I never heard of this song until now. I looked it up and it reached #16 in the USA. When I looked it up on youtube, a lot more people gave the song thumbs up then thumbs down and a bunch of women (and some men) danced to the tune with pride and didn't seem bothered by the lyrics. which is very sad. Truly signs of the fact that the USA is heading into 3rd world status fast.

This video is not quite as interesting as others. He makes a good point though. Ben Shapiro's wife is a real doctor (a medical doctor-not just someone with a PHD in humanities) and likely makes less money than American rapper Megan Thee Stallion. This is a sad reflection on what Americans value. Young women are encouraged to act sleazy because society rewards them. It is better for a woman to be a rapper that shakes her butt and swears instead of being a doctor.

Warning: The music video is highly censored meaning 40% of the words are blanked out.

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
This video is not quite as interesting as others. He makes a good point though. Ben Shapiro's wife is a real doctor (a medical doctor-not just someone with a PHD in humanities) and likely makes less money than American rapper Megan Thee Stallion. This is a sad reflection on what Americans value. Young women are encouraged to act sleazy because society rewards them. It is better for a woman to be a rapper that shakes her butt and swears instead of being a doctor.

Warning: The music video is highly censored meaning 40% of the words are blanked out.

Given the way the medical profession is going under Covid tyranny, do you really believe that Ben Shapiro's doctor-wife is more valuable than Megan Thee Stallion?

Think carefully about the answer.

Also, Ben's wife doesn't need to work, since I assume Ben makes lots of $$$. Why is he allowing her to do so? Do they really need the extra income?

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Given the way the medical profession is going under Covid tyranny, do you really believe that Ben Shapiro's doctor-wife is more valuable than Megan Thee Stallion?

Think carefully about the answer.

Also, Ben's wife doesn't need to work, since I assume Ben makes lots of $$$. Why is he allowing her to do so? Do they really need the extra income?
It depends on what kind of medical doctor she is . I agree the medical profession is corrupt but a lot of this is due to people at the top. It is just like blaming all soldiers for the military being woke when most of the blame goes to politicians (many of whom never actually served in the armed forces) and high-ranking officers. Not all doctors support the corrupt medical profession which has become corrupt due to greedy pharmaceuticals, insurance companies, lobbyists, and crooked politicians. Yes, some doctors are slimy and just out to make huge bucks by prescribing unnecessary and overpriced drugs. Some doctors also work as cosmetic surgeons and spend their days doing nose and breast jobs (some cosmetic surgeries are reasonable such as for burn victims, but most are unnecessary).

I couldn't get much info about her career but it seems she is 'useful.'

She kicked off her university education in 2015 at University of California, L.A., where she bagged degrees in B.S., MD majoring Behavioral Neuroscience & Medicine for ten years period. Leeya graduated in 2015. While at UCLA, she carried out two years of developmental neuroscience research, A research about using fMRI to detect effects on childhood brain development. I agree that she does not need to work and would be better as a stay at home mother. She probably has passion for her job. It would not be easy to stop working after spending so long studying for such a career. That is an example of the 'university trap' regarding females that has been discussed on ROK before. It is not about money. She likely feels she would be seen as 'less valuable' if she stayed at home as well even though by western standards, she is likely more traditional than the average American woman.

Regarding the rap video. It is 'dangerous' because it is actively encouraging young women (and some men who also appear doing this dance) to act 'loose.' Most of these women already seem ruined considering they are dancing proactively and showing themselves to the world. The dancing is not so much the problem. It is the fact that they dance like this without seeming to be troubled by the lyrics. They are showing that they want to be like Meghan Thee Stallion. How many of these women are going to have several one night stands? How many will act sleazy in other ways? How many will be good wives and mothers in the future? I wish a study would be conducted about how these women will turn out in 10 years. Ben Shapiro's wife is not pushing for women to become sleazy. Meghan is. It is sad, in the right environment, many of these women could have turned out decently.

Warning: Video is showing people acting sleazy to a dumb song. I am including it to show the danger of Meghan's song and how it is corrupting others. Notice the video got more likes than dislikes. Most people don't seem bothered by this. I didn't want the link photo to show up due to the swear word in the title. Take out the ... at the beginning of the link and you can watch the video.

Megan Thee Stallion - Thot S*** TikTok Dance Compilation​

...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7nE7uLTOdo

She is hard to understand so I am including the lyrics. Notice the woman also is racist against black men despite being black herself. The song uses the 'N word' freely.

...https://genius.com/23253068

Last edited:

bubs

Robin
Protestant
I enjoy and usually agree with most of Bens subject matter on his podcasts. Listening to that fast talking nerd-speak though is tough to listen to for long however. If he were a car salesman, I’d walk away and have no interest in doing business with a guy like that.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
It depends on what kind of medical doctor she is . I agree the medical profession is corrupt but a lot of this is due to people at the top. It is just like blaming all soldiers for the military being woke when most of the blame goes to politicians (many of whom never actually served in the armed forces) and high-ranking officers. Not all doctors support the corrupt medical profession which has become corrupt due to greedy pharmaceuticals, insurance companies, lobbyists, and crooked politicians.

The key element in that corrupt machinery is gatekeepers like Ben Shapiro, whose role is to deceive gullible conservatives on issues like Endless War for Israel or the big pharma/vax control grid.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
As with anyone, people have flaws and we should remind ourselves not to idolize or become infatuated with any particular figure.

His older viral stuff (Piers Morgan, BLM, Islam) was excellent. I enjoyed his book Bullies years ago when I started paying attention to politics more clearly. His speech about 10 practical tactics for fighting the left was great, and I have employed several of those tactics successfully.

It's possible to agree with, say 80% of Ben's politics while also holding him in low esteem on other things (his frail and unmanly physical form, and definite lack of any blue collar or handy skills, for example).

My opinion is that he is an intelligent and skilled debater. He is fairly knowledgable about history, culture, politics, music and film. He is quite firm in his conservative/religious principles and for the most part acts with integrity. That he married young and fathered 3(?) children is respectable. Although known for being an absurdly fast talker, he is a good listener when speaking with those whom he respects.

My criticisms are that his skin is paper thin when it comes to Israel or anything remotely brushing up against the JQ. Typical neo-con type stuff.
His spineless cowering from Nick Fuentes was pathetic (although perhaps a smart career move, to ensure he keeps his distance from such 'controversial' figures).

But part of him often comes across as a spoiled brat with Jewish privilege.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
You have a good point. It is interesting that my views are seen as 'radical' by some on the left even though they were quite common a few years ago. Ex. ban homosexual adoption, don't recognize homosexual marriage, no government funding to support homosexuality, 'don't ask, don't tell in the military', discrimination against homosexuals legal, etc... Now, these positions are seen as radical. I am guessing leftists view Shapiro's views on the topic 'radical' as well when they are actually 'centrist' or 'moderate' in my view. Radical in my opinion would be what some countries in the Middle East and Africa do which involves the death penalty or long prison sentences or possibly reeducation camps. The Overton window has definitely shifted for many.

I was curious about Singapore, a country that had a tough but effective leader who seemed to have traditional values but with a pro-business edge. The country has strict laws that the USA could consider similar laws (although female homosexuality should also be a crime as well). sadly, Singapore is shifting left also. I would now be in favor of laws banning it but perhaps with soft punishments like house arrest (but allowed to go to/from work and for essential errands with permission in advance), a fine, and community service. These laws would show the government is against homosexuality, but it would not be too costly for taxpayers and it would not ruin their lives. Perhaps 2-3 strokes of a cane could be added also for multiple offenses. Ironically, their push for 'tolerance' has made me less tolerant of them.

I think Shapiro believes in the ideal of a strong family and as a mature adult, he believes in libertarianism (except when it comes to war of course) because libertarianism can work well when most adults are mature. It is a nice ideal and in certain areas, it can still work (such as getting rid of dumb laws like the seatbelt laws, outdoor beer drinking, or rules about cutting your grass) but in other areas, maybe it can't work so well because most adults these days are selfish and immature.

That's because the left keeps moving the pole of what is socially acceptable. Moreover, everything that stands for Good, God, stability, order and hyrarchie is seen as enemies of the destructive forces of Satan.