The Ben Shapiro thread

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
I enjoy and usually agree with most of Bens subject matter on his podcasts. Listening to that fast talking nerd-speak though is tough to listen to for long however. If he were a car salesman, I’d walk away and have no interest in doing business with a guy like that.
Yes, he is actually quite intelligent and I think his thoughts come so fast to him that he wants to speak them out as fast as possible. You could try listening to him at 75% speed and see if that helps. I have been listening to Michael Knowles and Matt Walsh more because I prefer their speaking styles and also they seem slightly more traditional.

Solitarius

Robin
Catholic
Yes, he is actually quite intelligent and I think his thoughts come so fast to him that he wants to speak them out as fast as possible. You could try listening to him at 75% speed and see if that helps. I have been listening to Michael Knowles and Matt Walsh more because I prefer their speaking styles and also they seem slightly more traditional.
Do you know that shapiro has blasphemed Christ? If I could have any wish I liked in regard to him granted, it would be that he be transported to Spain circa 1500 so that he could be dealt with properly.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Do you know that shapiro has blasphemed Christ? If I could have any wish I liked in regard to him granted, it would be that he be transported to Spain circa 1500 so that he could be dealt with properly.
I didn't know that. What did he say? Most Jewish people don't believe Jesus is the son of God. I don't agree with all his ideas.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
He said Jesus Christ was an insurrectionist who “got what he deserved for his troubles.”
I found the video. The exact quote is:

"I think he [Jesus] was a jew who tried to lead a revolt against the Romans and got killed for his trouble"

He didn't state whether the rebellion was wrong or not. Technically, he is correct regarding this sentence (if looking the Romans' point of view) but the explanation is simplistic. I am curious if he believed Jesus deserved to be killed for preaching the gospel (shockingly, many nations today will punish those trying to convert people to Christianity).

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
@ The The Penitent Man @ Blade Runner

Ironically the Talmudic Jews asked for the release of the real insurrectionist - BARABBAS!
Indeed. Christ led the revolt? Ha, he doesn't even know the story the christians tell (if he doesn't believe it) and thus denies the fact that of all the "Messiah" figures that were killed and forgotten, our Lord was the only one who expressly had no interest in kingdoms "Of this world" or taking up arms against others. I wonder how he'd explain the destruction of the Temple and how it's been 2000 years, and how they don't even pray at it, they pray at a roman wall.

But, I digress, as you might expect someone like this wouldn't bother to inform himself of the facts at hand.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
Protestant
That's a standard secularist take on it, actually quite soft from an ashkenaz, considering what he could have drawn on from the Talmud. :alien:
Based on the tone of his response, the ease with which it rolled off of his tongue, and what I know of him, I’m presuming he harbors the Talmudic view and held back. I’m won’t give him the benefit of the doubt.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
I enjoy The Michael Knowles show as well. Simple and to the point, well articulated analysis. Him and Walsh are both quite outspoken about their Catholic faith which is great, as far as 'normie' conservative figures go. I emailed Knowles some EMJ videos and suggested he read his books and have him on the show. Don't think that would happen given his (((employer))) but worth a try.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Walsh is great as a cultural warrior. He's pretty effective with social media as well. He's good at blasting people with pithy one-liners or summing up an argument in a compact way and dressing it up internet snark that manages to avoid being too overly Twitter/Reddit soyish.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
Walsh is great as a cultural warrior. He's pretty effective with social media as well. He's good at blasting people with pithy one-liners or summing up an argument in a compact way and dressing it up internet snark that manages to avoid being too overly Twitter/Reddit soyish.
Agreed. His righteous indignation at the trans/globohomo/CRT agenda in schools is admirable as well.

This is the type of thing I was referring to in my Christianity & conservative politics thread -- getting in the trenches and actually engaging to fight evil rather than just remaining skeptically removed.

bubs

Robin
Protestant
I enjoy The Michael Knowles show as well. Simple and to the point, well articulated analysis. Him and Walsh are both quite outspoken about their Catholic faith which is great, as far as 'normie' conservative figures go. I emailed Knowles some EMJ videos and suggested he read his books and have him on the show. Don't think that would happen given his (((employer))) but worth a try.
Thanks for the Michael Knowles recommendation, I checked out a short Youtube vid of his yesterday. Yeah, he’s a good speaker and enjoy how he presents things. He’s calm and clear….180 degrees opposite of Ben, whom sounds like he just sucked in helium and hopped up on too much caffeine.

Sword and Board

Banned
Catholic

A serpent like shekelpiro is very cunning with his words. Jesus led a revolt against the Pharisee (Jewish leaders). The Jews did not appreciate him exposing their corruption nor allowing the filthy sub human infidel gentiles the grace of God.

Hey attempts to convince his Goy audience that Jews and Christians are one and the same as “Jesus was a Jew” and they were persecuted by those Nazi Romans.

It’s a common theme Jews play out and is written in their history books and all modern story telling. Jesus was a Jew murdered by the Romans and the innocent Jews were persecuted by Romans.

It is why they got so angry at Mel Gibson when he produced something mainstream that told another version.

It’s why they get angry and silence people that offer an alternative or expose the “Israel is our greatest ally” lie.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
A serpent like shekelpiro is very cunning with his words. Jesus led a revolt against the Pharisee (Jewish leaders). The Jews did not appreciate him exposing their corruption nor allowing the filthy sub human infidel gentiles the grace of God.

Hey attempts to convince his Goy audience that Jews and Christians are one and the same as “Jesus was a Jew” and they were persecuted by those Nazi Romans.

It’s a common theme Jews play out and is written in their history books and all modern story telling. Jesus was a Jew murdered by the Romans and the innocent Jews were persecuted by Romans.

It is why they got so angry at Mel Gibson when he produced something mainstream that told another version.

It’s why they get angry and silence people that offer an alternative or expose the “Israel is our greatest ally” lie.
Yes.

And don’t forget the cringe “Judeo-Christian” term they often use

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
I guess this explains why there are so many Christian denominations. Perhaps a new one will form based on this idea. Does anybody here agree with this gentleman on Tiktok? This is the first time I have heard this theory.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Kaepernick was so bothered by being treated like a slave, he stayed in the NFL for several years. In fact, don't thousands of people compete for very few spots in the NFL to get paid fairly decent salaries? I doubt many slaves really wanted to work on plantations for no pay. Also, if Kaepernick cares so much about human rights, why doesn't he insist Nike move shoe production to a nation in Africa with better human rights than the USA has? China is not exactly known for treating criminals gently. Shapiro is right, Kaepernick is a con man.

Netflix, Nike, and Kaepernick are all garbage.