The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

I'm honestly very happy about this. Missed the BTC ship way back when.

Now I can get in on the bottom floor.

I think people are underestimating how low it can go. The regulatory environment has made it a real PITA to buy on exchanges. The illicit use has gone down because criminals realized blockchain is a permanent record of transactions. And I'd say most normie investors that got in on the bubble are so traumatized now they'll never touch it again.

Here's to $10 coins.

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
Trumpian said:

I think people are underestimating how low it can go. The regulatory environment has made it a real PITA to buy on exchanges. The illicit use has gone down because criminals realized blockchain is a permanent record of transactions. And I'd say most normie investors that got in on the bubble are so traumatized now they'll never touch it again.

Here's to $10 coins.

You are waiting for $10 coins?

Doesn't seem too likely, and getting below $1k would seem pretty low, too, so difficult to take you seriously when you are throwing out such an outrageously low number.

Burnerman said:
Bitcoin and all iterations is through its going to break 3k very shortly. It was a scam all along.
doubt it will break below 3k lol. But I really hope it reaches 3k, then im going back in hard.. Serious money is going to be made these next few months from some of the bigger players.. Bitcoin is going to 9k-10k within the next 5-6 months. the money just went into tether, it didnt leave the market. If you put 500,000 into it when bitcoin goes to 3k you will make 1 million in a few months.

tough to say when to buy in but the bottom is near., but you should double your money fast by around Chinese new year. then convert to usd or cash out before the dump/correction happens again.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/dfmjsqbG-BTC-Technicals-Breaking-Down/

Peter Schiff in his latest podcast Episode 415 was brutal in his review of the USD, Bitcoin, The US Markets and only positive on his long Gold -0.37% stocks investments and EuroPac Offshore Portfolios not exposed to USD risk.

Did a hard look at my long-term BTC Charts and previous Technical Analysis and sad to say for BTC Bulls and Hodlrs the only technical being consistently respected is the Major Wave 4 Swing High Trend line drawn across the subsequent lower swings high. I have extended this line down through all the previous strong support lines which essentially form lower and lower descending wedge patterns which the Hodlrs have been hoping for breakouts up to previous BTC Highs only to be serially disappointed with new 2018 trading lows...

Previous BTC Support Levels:
960 (Current Long Time Frame VPVR POC )
570 (Current VPVR Low Longer Timeframe Value Range)

NOTE: Currently 5 different distribution levels of VPVR TPOs down to the 570 Low.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
BTC is dropping like a rock dropped off a bridge... BTC Broken down through 4 major support levels - 3 More to Go to:

BTC set a new 2018 low of 3456 Trading at 10:30PM EDT Sunday 23 November 2018 at 3950.00

Next Support Level is 2990.00
Then Support at 1760

Then the most shocking on the 2015 January to 2018 November timeframe chart the VPVR POC is at only $189.64 with the above support levels just looking like Bridge abutments for the BTC rock to bounce off as it crashes downwards so needless to say this would have drastic repercussions on the entire Crypto Currency CryptoVerse.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/B...rough-4-major-support-levels-3-More-to-Go-to/

semibaron

Kingfisher
JayJuanGee said:
Trumpian said:

Here's to $10 coins.

You are waiting for $10 coins?

Doesn't seem too likely, and getting below $1k would seem pretty low, too, so difficult to take you seriously when you are throwing out such an outrageously low number.

1 year ago I heard people from all directions of life how they invest in Bitcoin and shitcoin XYZ. Even old ones on some of our family parties.

This is completely gone. Nobody cares about crypto anymore. Those who have been interested got seriously burned and aren't likely to return.

It doesn't matter if BTC or shitcoin XYZ. Either we do get some real world use cases or this ship is going to sink. And unfortunately, I don't see any in the immediate future.

semibaron

Kingfisher
ms224 said:
Real world use case is when you're countries national
currency is an actual shitcoin and there are no banks

There are several approaches:

For example being the medium of exchange in a machine economy. Or having
apps run by Smart Contracts do something solid.

These things, however, are still years away. And nobody knows which crypto project will be the one, implementing these.

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
Trumpian said:
I thought it was pretty obvious I was trolling a bit.;-)

It would seem unlikely. I'd most definitely buy in if it went below $1K.
That seems a bit low to wait or even to assert that you would buy BTC at that price.

I suspect that you would not be buying BTC even if it were to go below $1k, especially if you believe that you have to wait until somewhere in the ballpark of $1k to achieve supposed "value."

At these current prices ($4k-ish), you should already perceive value, otherwise you are NOT likely going to become enlightened about bitcoin, merely because it drops in the ballpark of 75% or more from here.

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
ms224 said:
How often are all those lines people like to draw correct?
Frequently, they are correct after the fact to say "I told you so", otherwise, I would take them with a BIG ASS grain of salt when they are attempting to describe inevitable price direction or being used to make those kinds of inevitability arguments (even when they proclaim that they are not making those kinds of inevitability arguments).

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
semibaron said:
JayJuanGee said:
[edited out]
1 year ago I heard people from all directions of life how they invest in Bitcoin and shitcoin XYZ. Even old ones on some of our family parties.

This is completely gone. Nobody cares about crypto anymore. Those who have been interested got seriously burned and aren't likely to return.
Of course, public sentiment is going to change with changes of prices. You are not stating anything new with that, and if you been around bitcoin long enough, you would realize that similar kinds of proclamations were made in 2014/2015/2016 - assertions that no one was going to return. Actually, it seems that I was still hearing those kinds of sentiments (about no one is going to return) into 2017, even while the price was going through an exponential price period.

I would not get too much caught up in changes in public sentiment to inform you about what is or is not a good investment, especially when it comes to bitcoin.

On the other hand, if you are referring to some shit coin or some ICO, then that is another story, those may well depend almost entirely on public sentiment directions (up, down, positive, negative).

semibaron said:
It doesn't matter if BTC or shitcoin XYZ.
Yes, it does matter. You have made these kinds of attempted claims before where you are convoluting ideas, which causes me (and likely other guys) to perceive that you might not understand what differentiates bitcoin from other cryptos.

semibaron said:
Either we do get some real world use cases or this ship is going to sink. And unfortunately, I don't see any in the immediate future.
Bitcoin already has a lot of use cases. You must be blind (or at least playing a blind game) if you cannot see some of them.

By the way, your past actions to pump IOTA through a thread on the topic, probably sufficiently demostrates that either you don't understand bitcoin or you don't really know how to spot a scam - when you get invested into some dumb bullshit project and then you go on pumping it as if it has some kind of redeeming value (also implying that it somehow is even in the ballpark of adding value, like bitcoin)