The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

redbeard

Hummingbird
Hodl Hodl launches no-KYC, non-custodial BTC lending.
For the last couple of months, the Hodl Hodl team has been silent, and there was a good reason for this. Since the beginning of 2020, we have been preparing something revolutionary that we believe can add huge value to Bitcoin’s ecosystem. We have been researching — both DeFi and Bitcoin’s lending space — for quite some time, and in spring of 2020, we decided that we can combine the best of these two sectors, and create a unique product — a non-custodial Bitcoin-backed P2P lending platform. So over these last few months, we have been devoted to developing lend.hodlhodl.com — a new way to lend and borrow globally without P2P.

Stats

Woodpecker
I am up 14% in two weeks. That is crazy. A percent per day gain? I have to resist the urge to throw big money at it and instead keep up the DCA schedule.
we are at the foot of the big pump of the 4 year cycle, some miners are just starting to run our of pre halving mined btc to sell. My guess would be 5x over the next 6 or 9months then a drop back down with new low of something around 20kusd. might want to scew your regular buys more towards now.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
we are at the foot of the big pump of the 4 year cycle, some miners are just starting to run our of pre halving mined btc to sell. My guess would be 5x over the next 6 or 9months then a drop back down with new low of something around 20kusd. might want to scew your regular buys more towards now.

It does look like a similar pattern to before the 2017 rally.

This is the price and MACD going up to June 2017.

The MACD has two peaks and a slight trough before charging up.

Now we have the same.

The price at roughly this point in 2017 was about $1,700. The price went up about 11.5X from there.

Modelling to the current price it would take BTC to $150,000, giving BTC a market cap of $2.8 trillion.

I think that is higher than it could go, but not impossible.

I also think this movement will be temporarily ended by a stock crash, before being supercharged by fiat worry. That should be able to encourage much more cash to go into crypto; and people may diversity from gold, given that gold has just reached all time highs and BTC is about 40% from all time highs.

redbeard

Hummingbird
I also think this movement will be temporarily ended by a stock crash, before being supercharged by fiat worry. That should be able to encourage much more cash to go into crypto; and people may diversity from gold, given that gold has just reached all time highs and BTC is about 40% from all time highs.
What do you think will specifically trigger the stock crash?

kel

Pelican
The ATMs I see have crazy spreads. Is localbitcoin still a thing? Collecting a meaningful amount of bitcoin anonymously seems tough any way you cut it. I hope XMR or another privacy oriented coin becomes a more major player.

redbeard

Hummingbird
The ATMs I see have crazy spreads. Is localbitcoin still a thing? Collecting a meaningful amount of bitcoin anonymously seems tough any way you cut it. I hope XMR or another privacy oriented coin becomes a more major player.
Yes, but no-KYC Bitcoin pays off in the long run because...
  1. If there's a 6102 confiscation order like there was a gold, you are at zero risk of having your coins taken
  2. No interface from the IRS, and you may or may not have to pay capital gains taxes
These two combined make it a no-brainer.

bgbusiness

Kingfisher
It's refreshing to come back to this thread after a long-time.
When I first learned about Bitcoin in early 2017, I always wanted to invest in it. I was in university back then and didn't have the money.
Now that I am working full-time, I was able to put money into Bitcoin and have made decent amount.
Bitcoin is such a lucrative asset and will make sense when you actually take a deep look and invest your money into it.

250k by end of next year and higher is what I am expecting. 20k by end of this year or early next year very possible.

solotak

Pigeon
What's the opinion on buying bitcoin through Paypal?

What's a good way to start investing in btc from Australia? Last time I tried opening an independentreserve account and their ID policy was ridiculous, i went through the hoops with picture taken and still couldn't get verified

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
GayPal PayPal is notorious for freezing accounts (e.g. they banned Roosh) & asking you intrusive questions when you want to withdraw your money. I'm not sure they even allow you to send Btc to other wallets. I'd avoid any serious Btc purchases using PayPal as you might be stuck in their system.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
250k by end of next year and higher is what I am expecting. 20k by end of this year or early next year very possible.

The back and forth of bitcoin is always interesting. Last July it was around this level too. The digital currency central bank idea and paypal just pushed this up a few k this week. I see it getting to 20k by the middle of next year and by that time I also think it will finally be unleashed. Until then, I see one final pull back towards 10k. If you are interested in this, make sure you are in by the end of Q1 2021.

lonewolf1992

Woodpecker
What's the opinion on buying bitcoin through Paypal?

What's a good way to start investing in btc from Australia? Last time I tried opening an independentreserve account and their ID policy was ridiculous, i went through the hoops with picture taken and still couldn't get verified

It´s kind of against the values of Crypto, you can't withdraw nor deposit your coins. Remember this if you want to join: ''not your keys, not your Crypto''

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
Bitcoin is going up. Time to install Blockfolio again.

If we zoom out over the past 3 years, I remain of the overall perspective that our corrections, during that time, were NOT as bad as they could have been and was not even as bad as the 2014-2016 correction and coiling period.

Sure, currently, there are kinds of presumptions that the "bottom is in", which largely seems to be fair.. given BTC price performance in the past 6 to 20 months... by the way, I am describing recent BTC price performance so broadly because largely it appears that BTC's April to June 2019 price surge strongly signaled that we were out of the bear market and the bottom was then "in".. even though subsequent BTC price performance actions have challenged such framing of the matter... but looking, currently, as if such framing is playing out as true.