The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

I’m not a Bitcoin skeptic but I got in way too late to take advantage of it. I will put in a little bit to btc or ethereum to round out my portfolio but I do feel good for the guys that loaded up on btc the past few years and now are wealthy as a result , it totally paid off
Just DCA over the next few years and then hold that for 5+ years. Good chance you will make pretty good profits. Just don't do any emotional trades or bother with shitcoins.

Maciano

Kingfisher
I'm just curious if the bears, goldbugs, shitcoiners & skeptics prevented ppl from buying during a 2 week dip?

stop listening to idiots!! I’m not using idiot in a nasty way here, it’s a factual statement.

Bitcoin is the chance of a lifetime: do not listen to confused or silly internet people. Just look at the 12y log chart.

Who’s been right more often, the bulls or the bears?!

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
Just make a Coinbase account and buy.
If you must buy BTC, please don’t do it via Coinbase. Get a proper cold storage device.

Imagine for a moment that the price of BTC soars to 150,000 USD and a lot of ppl try to exchange their BTC for cash. Do you really think Coinbase will allow that? Did you read the fine print?

Cold storage is the best option.

As an aside, the price of BTC and other crypto currencies is probably bid up by a few coin sites like Coinbase to build up interest in their business. Demand rises artificially, price goes up. Who knows how long that will last. The current BTC price is based on extreme leverage.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
If you must buy BTC, please don’t do it via Coinbase. Get a proper cold storage device.

Imagine for a moment that the price of BTC soars to 150,000 USD and a lot of ppl try to exchange their BTC for cash. Do you really think Coinbase will allow that? Did you read the fine print?

Cold storage is the best option.

As an aside, the price of BTC and other crypto currencies is probably bid up by a few coin sites like Coinbase to build up interest in their business. Demand rises artificially, price goes up. Who knows how long that will last. The current BTC price is based on extreme leverage.
Limit buying on Coinbase Pro isn't too bad. However, market buying on Coinbase itself is pretty bad.

Blade Runner

Pelican
There are many reasons why you are wrong, again, on this topic. BTC is the most foundational change, in the way the world works, arguably in human history. Of course, I speak materially here. It is the first time ever that an innovation counteracts centralization of power/money/trust.

Could it cause particular problems? Sure. But the issue with BTC naysayers and doubters is that if BTC isn't the way out ... none exists. Ruin is everywhere except in BTC and DeFi. I'm continually stupefied that smart people don't understand this.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
There are many reasons why you are wrong, again, on this topic. BTC is the most foundational change, in the way the world works, arguably in human history. Of course, I speak materially here. It is the first time ever.
The blockchain is a radical technological improvement, but BTC itself is over-hyped, for the reasons I've spelt out.

Most people hold it as a speculative asset, and the globalists are pushing BTC hard.

Could it cause particular problems? Sure. But the issue with BTC naysayers and doubters is that if BTC isn't the way out ... none exists. Ruin is everywhere except in BTC and DeFi. I'm continually stupefied that smart people don't understand this.
No. The only way out is Christ crucified for our sins.

Last edited:

aynrus

Kingfisher
Is there any way where the bears are more often right than the bulls, long term?
They were right in 1929. It took about 30 years to regain inflation-adjusted values of that market high, which was more years than life gave to live out for some. Bears are right if you wait long enough.

Blade Runner

Pelican
No. The only way out is Christ crucified for our sins.
Read my whole post. I covered that "I gotcha" earlier, of course. In any case, and you know I agree, that path has been cleared. Til then, we must make good on our end, and that even includes BTC being incorporated into our world, since we can use it for good. And I plan to when others suffer more because of the sovereigns desire for power and anguish over others.

BTC itself is over-hyped, for the reasons I've spelt out.
I haven't read one reason yet. At least any that was real or convincing. I'm all for criticism, go ahead and point out all the frailties. You never provided evidence for prior conspiracy theory assertions, even though I asked and waited. But crickets were left for me.

Last edited:

Zanardi

Woodpecker
I asked this question because I think that if the bears are right more often than the bulls, long term this means bankruptcy for the asset in discussion. So I think.

There is no universe where cryptocurrencies don’t continue to grow. Bitcoin itself might not be the final answer, but something in this space will be.

IMO you should invest in things ancillary to the crypto space and not in crypto itself. Tools, products for everyday people, etc.

The people that run Coinbase are now rich purely from being a marketplace, not from holding coins.

Beirut

Pelican
I was a no coiner and skeptic then I became a supporter then I returned to being a skeptic but I bought some anyway.

Why?

1- don’t fight the crowd
2- the concept of decentralization is really awesome

My reservations always were:
1- you can always make a better crypto and I suspect it will happen faster and faster. But you could argue that bitcoin has a first mover advantage and is already established and decentralized etc... how to sort these two arguments, I don’t know

2- there’s, in my mind, 0 chance that people who fought centuries to control the monetary supply will just sit aside and watch something else replace it. Either they control it or they’re using it to get somewhere, or they’ll kill it at some point.

Sûre, people love crypto, but 90% love it because it makes them money and the 10% who are into it for the cause will be meaningless. It’s like all the patriots u see around u but when the government fucks them over, nothing much in term of reaction happens.

Perhaps I’m too old or not enough into the technology to understand it fully, I’m rooting for it but the skepticism remains in my mind.

Also doesn’t help when u see 1000s of meaningless alts getting billions poured into them because « they’re a cool concept » then half of them turn out to be scams

Also the fact that people buy these alts while straight up saying they’re gonna fall 99% after the bull cycle. So it’s become a kind of mass hyped pump and dump musical chairs medium.

I’m sure there is solid intrinsic value there under all the noise, and it does seem a bit like governments have let it ride too long if they were planning on banning it. It’s exciting stuff though

trexler

Sparrow
Full disclosure... I'm a bitcoin sceptic and sold out a while ago, so it's kinda gauling watching it rise and rise...

But...

Once digital currencies are rolled out (and we all know that's coming... soon)...

Why would the cabal allow a competing digital currency that threatens their dream of total control?...

And if it's banned, mainstream money will BOLT.

At that point, all speculations are off and BTC goes back to the basement, no?

At this point I don't know how easy it will be to ban it. Billions of dollars of institutional money have poured into it. As such, they aren't going to take kindly to government regulators trying to kill their massive investments. The best time to try to kill off crypto was BEFORE it became a mainstream idea. It is way too late for that now. Any country that tries to kill crypto will only make themselves look backwards in the eyes of investors.