The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

Nate_Drake

Sparrow

Elon singlehandedly crashing BTC right now. Isn't the reason stated is nonsense anyway?

It seems pretty disingenuous that he has just come to this^ supposed realization now--right after he has made huge waves with his Bitcoin investments and doge coin pump. If memory serves he has been in trouble with the sec for his potentially illegal comments regarding Tesla on Twitter as well.

Interestingly, Tesla is in a unique position to take advantage of crypto mining(this was pointed out on a YouTube channel guy who is a silver bug) with their solar and battery technology, not to mention their access to raw materials where they could potentially own the mining silicon and manufacture profits with free electricity.

I overall agree that it’s harmful environmentally.

But I’m sick of Elon with this reversal and the stupid Doge pumping that he probably profited off of. Like you’re telling me Tesla didn’t have a huge meeting about this before their initial announcement?

aynrus

Pelican
Anyone care to speculate on the actual motives behind why Tesla may be suspending sale through BTC?

They are still holding their BTC, something like 1.5 billion I believe.

Could BTC jeapordize their "carbon credit" tax incentives? Could they have some kind of insight to how lawmakers may target BTC in the future?

I guess because "they" told him to better align... probably a hint about upcoming ban on crypto payments.
Russia and Turkey simply banned crypto payments, with no reason cited, but US/EU need to bring some ideological base under the ban, climate change is perfect.

aynrus

Pelican
and

Bitcoin is coming to hundreds of U.S. banks this year, says crypto custody firm NYDIG​

I think they just want to practice bank infrastructure handling new blockchain government digital currency transactions....before they ban bitcoin and roll out official digital currency.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
This guy nails a pretty compelling theory.

Timestamped 3 weeks ago. Worth a watch. I don't agree with his longer term
forecast when you consider the money printing/devaluation of dollar headwinds and decline of USA job market in general.

Last edited:

2Infinity

Woodpecker
The globohomo establishment, many of them the same corporations who manufacture their goods in China and other developing nations where...'not green energy' powers the factories that make the goods they import and sell - want you to consider the ‘environmental impact’ of bitcoin – basically a way for them to influence bitcoin prices and deem certain bitcoin to be more “green” than other bitcoin.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
I think crypto is going into a temporary down jag for the next two weeks or so.

I keep seeing BTC rise slowly over days then have a panic selloff. I suspect that means the current speculative holders with a lot of gains get nervous and sell when they think their gains might get wiped out (I'm tempted). Given that it is just trending sideways with lots of panic sells I predict that we're headed into weakness.

I'm hodling. But if you are thinking of getting in, watching this next few weeks for a deep dip might be a good time to get in.

Long term I still think there is a lot more to gain.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Why do the dips always happen when im sleeping our out hanging out. Same when i sell my position it keeps going up , and when I buy it dips lol.

Yeah same, I had a tab with charts open all day then I go eat and come back to see I missed a dip.

Same here. At 3 AM it was a dip and I missed it. I bought some bitcoin, though and I hope the dip either stabilizes or keeps going down, so I cam buy some more.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Anyone care to speculate on the actual motives behind why Tesla may be suspending sale through BTC?

They are still holding their BTC, something like 1.5 billion I believe.

Could BTC jeapordize their "carbon credit" tax incentives? Could they have some kind of insight to how lawmakers may target BTC in the future?
China is hoarding bitcoin and is preparing to crash the crypto market and damage Tesla . Elon pushed out this tremor to get every ones attention and give China pause.

aynrus

Pelican
Can't help, but wonder if this was a setup to make Bitcoin look bad. Or someone is trying to tank BTC.

There're other US hack attacks going that don't make it into the news for some reason and BTC payment was requested, I know from people personally affected, such as one major hospital system where all appointment/treatment data was held random and people's lives depend on it.

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
This past week, I finished reading two of three Bitcoin books (Mastering Bitcoin for Starters & 21 Lessons - What I've Learned From Falling Down the Bitcoin Rabbit Hole).

Per Redbeard's posts (h/t to him - this post and this thread), I've now just started reading The Bitcoin Standard.

Also, I recently ordered a used Google Pixel 3 XL for $150 via Backmarket to install GrapheneOS, Samourai Wallet, etc. for Bitcoin purpose.
(I already have a used Pixel 3 phone with GrapheneOS for personal use, which I installed and set up last year.)

After reading the above mentioned books, I can now understand why the governments and the Elites - plus the Great Reset goons - do not like the idea of BTC as the decentralized alternative to central banking.

"No one controls Bitcoin"...including banks...

EjGOjIQWoAExdPI