The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

amity

Pelican
Gold Member
The Telegram channel crypto_nats is worth checking out for information on crypto, particularly Bitcoin.
This link () shows something called the 'Wyckoff Method/Analysis', which predicts the current slump we're in, but also predicts a significant rise again once we ride out this rough period.

bucky

Ostrich
The Telegram channel crypto_nats is worth checking out for information on crypto, particularly Bitcoin.
This link () shows something called the 'Wyckoff Method/Analysis', which predicts the current slump we're in, but also predicts a significant rise again once we ride out this rough period.
Out of curiosity, how long is the current rough period supposed to last? I'm on my phone, can't see those screenshots very well.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
I still have a lot of faith in bitcoin, but I have to be very clear here:

The longer this dip, or lull, or trough, or whatever you want to call it lasts, then the more difficult ANY of the predictions are to reach by the end of the year.

The most conservative bitcoin predictions for the year are 100k. That means in 6 months the price has to more than triple. Many people called for 200 to 300k. That's 6-10x in 6 months.

That's not to say I don't think it won't happen, but there's got to be some pretty incredible moves, and soon, to move the price that much.

We'll see though. Still stacking for now.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
I still have a lot of faith in bitcoin, but I have to be very clear here:

The longer this dip, or lull, or trough, or whatever you want to call it lasts, then the more difficult ANY of the predictions are to reach by the end of the year.

The most conservative bitcoin predictions for the year are 100k. That means in 6 months the price has to more than triple. Many people called for 200 to 300k. That's 6-10x in 6 months.

That's not to say I don't think it won't happen, but there's got to be some pretty incredible moves, and soon, to move the price that much.

We'll see though. Still stacking for now.
I don't believe in targets like this. Nobody knows the timing or the levels. I believe though that crypto and BTC and ETH in particular have the potential to become international currency and when they do their value is practically unlimited. But there are a lot of powerful people whose interests are against that ever happening. They will try to stop it.

I've been long on bitcoin and eth, and have been hodling. I have other financial needs in the short term that keep me from investing more - but once those goals are accomplished later this year, I will be buying in at the current very attractive levels.

KantPost

Sparrow
Can anyone comment on the affect on bitcoin of a globe-homo shutdown of the internet, like Schwab and his gang are discussing. We are entering a phase where anything is possible, no matter how unlikely it seems. Hundreds of millions of people are choosing to get injected with substances they have no clue about. How did this happen.

Following on from this train of thinking, the "hacks" that have been happening a lot recently could suggest some kind of takeover will happen with the internet at some stage. Yes, bitcoin could always exist, but how could it function in a world where the internet is totally controlled and siloed into domestic "national" internets, and the "International" internet.

Perhaps I don't understand IT enough and I'm not thinking about this the right way. Am interested to hear some thoughts on this

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
Can anyone comment on the affect on bitcoin of a globe-homo shutdown of the internet, like Schwab and his gang are discussing. We are entering a phase where anything is possible, no matter how unlikely it seems. Hundreds of millions of people are choosing to get injected with substances they have no clue about. How did this happen.

Following on from this train of thinking, the "hacks" that have been happening a lot recently could suggest some kind of takeover will happen with the internet at some stage. Yes, bitcoin could always exist, but how could it function in a world where the internet is totally controlled and siloed into domestic "national" internets, and the "International" internet.

Perhaps I don't understand IT enough and I'm not thinking about this the right way. Am interested to hear some thoughts on this

I have heard that bitcoin nodes can even be run on ham radio or pulse signaling. Just what i heard though on some podcast. Takes away a lot of use value of bitcoin though. I too would like to hear people's thoughrs on this.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Can quantum computing break Blockchain and Bitcoin?

Bitcoin-broken-by-QC-1024x614.png

In 5 years we will have web 3.0, a more decentralized internet kind of like tor but easier to use. It will be uncensorable and unstoppable, without completely going North Korea style luddite.

Bitcoin core can be upgraded when quantum computing comes, but there are ways to secure your bitcoin on the current network even now from quantum computing, that make it fundamentally impossible to decrypt using quantum computing. Basically it involves creating a new wallet and moving your bitcoin to that wallet, but never using the private key to spend from that wallet. This is the same idea of the blind wallets that Satoshi sent thousands of the first bitcoin he mined that are still there.

In 5 years we will have web 3.0, a more decentralized internet kind of like tor but easier to use. It will be uncensorable and unstoppable, without completely going North Korea style luddite.

Bitcoin core can be upgraded when quantum computing comes, but there are ways to secure your bitcoin on the current network even now from quantum computing, that make it fundamentally impossible to decrypt using quantum computing. Basically it involves creating a new wallet and moving your bitcoin to that wallet, but never using the private key to spend from that wallet. This is the same idea of the blind wallets that Satoshi sent thousands of the first bitcoin he mined that are still there.

I guess I'm late in this forum, but I'd like to ask: is there a compendium of the best information sources on how to buy crypto, sell crypto and understand it?. I would like to enter into the fray so to speak, but I've read a lot of things and when it comes to brokers it seems all have horror stories.

Thanks in advance.

cosine

Robin
RE: Bitcoins up 60% in less than a month

I invested $500 in BTC back in December, back when it was =12 USD.
I bought molly in January, when it was at =14 USD.

Now, it is at =45USD. That far eclipses the profit I made from the molly. Kicking myself!!!

Still waiting for it to crash before investing again.
looking back at the 2013 forum posts is fascinating.

JayR

Woodpecker
I guess I'm late in this forum, but I'd like to ask: is there a compendium of the best information sources on how to buy crypto, sell crypto and understand it?. I would like to enter into the fray so to speak, but I've read a lot of things and when it comes to brokers it seems all have horror stories.

Thanks in advance.
RVR'er Redbeard made a datasheet that helped get me off the sidelines and into the market.

RVR'er Redbeard made a datasheet that helped get me off the sidelines and into the market.

Thank you, I'll check it out inmediately.

yep, make sure every address has just one tx and when you spend from it, spend the whole balance. Never reuse addresses because when you send, the public key is openly visible in the tx data. The address is a hash of the public key, so they are not crucial and can be public as quantum computing (if and when that should be ever reality beyond theory) cannot deduct a public key from the address. However it can find correctly the private key from a public key in a short time.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I think July will continue the current pattern, trading sideways between 30-40k. Break out in August, parabolic late 2021.
if we don’t hit 100k by December, then S2F would be invalidated, which I think is unlikely. So I would predict a worst case Bitcoin at 100k by December.

I am looking at the same.

Socials, Google Trends and web traffic all sideways at April levels.

p:_markets-c:gsx-t:gs-m:social_volume-th:d-i:6m.png

Huge clobbering of shorts correlating with Nov '18, Mar '20 bottoms -

ScjqeGXe.png

The 1d view shows volatility seems to be over. On the 3d it's yet to settle fully.

c3c4ipmgcb3sfms1vcg0-kraken-btcusd.png

The 3d Bollinger band will pinch around the first two weeks of August. When this happens the price generally moves in a new trends. Wait for that and buy/sell the direction. I think it will pinch at around $35K and start a new move up. Hopefully one of the other Mexican countries have something up their sleeve.

Greyscale chasing a premium again - https://studio.glassnode.com/metric...remiumPercent&s=1475413483&u=1624752000&zoom=

Still a few weak indicators, like sending addresses, new addresses.