The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

Batman_

Kingfisher
Imperative. Download a good mobile wallet and move your stack. I recommend Samourai Wallet if you are on android. It's not as complicated as it looks. Just remember to always write down your seed phrase and pin number and keep in a safe, secure place.

Edit. If you have a significant amount of BTC, you need to spend the money and get a hardware wallet. Trezor or Coldcard. Cold storage is more secure.
I'll need to do this. I have about $4k in various cryptos most of which are being stored on exchanges. Can you give any recommendations for wallets that can store any type of crypto (such as obscure NFT tokens) ?

Talus

Sparrow
I'll need to do this. I have about $4k in various cryptos most of which are being stored on exchanges. Can you give any recommendations for wallets that can store any type of crypto (such as obscure NFT tokens) ?
My first recommendation is to sell all your alt coins for Bitcoin. But,,, if you decide not to do that, then I would a recommend a wallet like Exodus. Visually appealing and user friendly. It has a desktop/mobile client that supports all the popular cryptos. It sounds like you probably own ERC20 tokens which this wallet would support. If all you own is ERC20 tokens then you could just create a MEW wallet. Whatever your do, if you create your own wallet and self-custody your cryptos, make sure you write down your seed phrase. Self custody is self sovereignty. You are responsible. I'll repeat this til I'm blue in the face. Not your keys, not your coins. Own your keys, own your responsibility.

BURNΞR

Pelican

which exchanges? If it's the big ones like Binance/Coinbase/Kraken you can probably just leave them there. 3-5k is sort of the borderline area for me. If the valuation is any higher it becomes worthwhile to get a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S/X. Make sure you have Google 2FA for all the exchanges.

Batman_

Kingfisher
My first recommendation is to sell all your alt coins for Bitcoin. But,,, if you decide not to do that, then I would a recommend a wallet like Exodus. Visually appealing and user friendly. It has a desktop/mobile client that supports all the popular cryptos. It sounds like you probably own ERC20 tokens which this wallet would support. If all you own is ERC20 tokens then you could just create a MEW wallet. Whatever your do, if you create your own wallet and self-custody your cryptos, make sure you write down your seed phrase. Self custody is self sovereignty. You are responsible. I'll repeat this til I'm blue in the face. Not your keys, not your coins. Own your keys, own your responsibility.

Oh yeah I have the codes in a .txt file backed up 3 times.

I'm using a coinbase wallet right now for TVK and ERN but it doesn't accept DENT tokens otherwise i'd just use that. I'll try Exodus or MEW. All the tokens I have are ERC20.

Stats

Woodpecker
Oh yeah I have the codes in a .txt file backed up 3 times.

I think having your keys in any form of digital medium is a big NO NO. Write it down with pen on paper, never put it in front of a digital camera, rip paper in half and stores halves in separate fire proof locations. repeat for redundancy incase one of your locations is compromised.

bucky

Ostrich
I think having your keys in any form of digital medium is a big NO NO. Write it down with pen on paper, never put it in front of a digital camera, rip paper in half and stores halves in separate fire proof locations. repeat for redundancy incase one of your locations is compromised.
I don't have my passwords to websites written down anywhere, but I write down clues that only I would be able to follow. I write them in languages I know other than English, for another layer of security. I suppose that could work for keys too.

So sell right around now and buy back in september?
That would be the idea, if history were to repeat itself with lockdowns , and the 20 week and 50 week moving average cycle with bitcoin . (Every time bitcoin bounces off its 50 week moving average in its entire 11 year history it tests the 20 week moving average and doesn't sustain it. )

However , I spoke to our beloved Fib wave expert Deep Diver about this (he predicted a bitcoin crash to $32k) months before anyone else did. And he thinks it's only up from here this fall (if you're reading this correct me if I'm wrong DD)

Talus

Sparrow
So sell right around now and buy back in september?

That would be the idea, if history were to repeat itself with lockdowns , and the 20 week and 50 week moving average cycle with bitcoin . (Every time bitcoin bounces off its 50 week moving average in its entire 11 year history it tests the 20 week moving average and doesn't sustain it. )
When I hear dialogue like this it makes me realize how many people participating in Bitcoin don't even understand Bitcoin. The dollar is obviously devaluing, and the elite are actively trying to install a technocratic, monetary reset, and you guys are still trying to buy and sell dips for fiat gains. The whole point of Bitcoin is to exit the system.

When I hear dialogue like this it makes me realize how many people participating in Bitcoin don't even understand Bitcoin. The dollar is obviously devaluing, and the elite are actively trying to install a technocratic, monetary reset, and you guys are still trying to buy and sell dips for fiat gains. The whole point of Bitcoin is to exit the system.
It isn't about Fiat vs Crypto.

What we're trying to do is acquire more Bitcoin or any other type of cryptocurrency by selling at a profit and buying lower. There's no point in endlessly hodling when you use the system to acquire more crypto and generate more profit it it allows you to do so.

Why hold only a little BTC when you can sell it at 50k and buy back a larger quantity at 25k?

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
It isn't about Fiat vs Crypto.

What we're trying to do is acquire more Bitcoin or any other type of cryptocurrency by selling at a profit and buying lower. There's no point in endlessly hodling when you use the system to acquire more crypto and generate more profit it it allows you to do so.

Why hold only a little BTC when you can sell it at 50k and buy back a larger quantity at 25k?
The counter is that it is going to blow off that previous 64k top this time, and head to mid 70s, at least.

Yes definitely very risky. I won't be selling right now but will be paying close attention. I didn't sell at the peak of the last bull cycle (patiently waiting since 2017) where I could've made a decent profit and just kept the money in a stablecoin until the massive dip that happened later. Would've almost quadrupled my profits if I had done that and its something that I don't want to miss out on this time.