The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I tried tp open coimbase site today, but it wont verify my id due to it being from a different country to where i live.

Are there any good alternatives, suitable for begginers ?

I dont like the idea of accessing it with pgone, which seems only way with SwissBorg, unless im missimg something

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I tried tp open coimbase site today, but it wont verify my id due to it being from a different country to where i live.

I dont like the idea of accessing it with pgone, which seems only way with SwissBorg, unless im missimg something

You could use a free VPN like VeeVPN. It has a browser plugin, and works with a UK IP. Or use Mysterium decentralised VPN, which comes with free credits.

If you have a UK bank account, Crypto.com has faster payments (or did). I seem to remember the money showed up immediately.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
You could use a free VPN like VeeVPN. It has a browser plugin, and works with a UK IP. Or use Mysterium decentralised VPN, which comes with free credits.

If you have a UK bank account, Crypto.com has faster payments (or did). I seem to remember the money showed up immediately.

I have a vpn, thing is CBs set up now, and i cant change countries.

I suppose i can do it again with a new email i suppose.

Edit - i tried latter, and it automatically sets the country due to your mobile number, which is retarded.

I live abroad, so when my ID doesnt match my country, it then wont accept it, and i cant change countries without verifying = catch 22.

But i cant set up a UK account without a uk sim.

Any alternative platforms?

Last edited:

Parmesan

Woodpecker
It is funny that we are entering a 10 year period where even educated and pretty smart normies are so caught up in recency bias (stocks, index investing, "saving on taxes" by putting loads into the 401k or other retirement vehicle, etc) that they'll have no idea when the money printing and/or government confiscates the shit out of that - and act like it was unforeseen.

I often wonder just how many people view the world as we do, that is, how rare are we in terms of critical thinking and appropriate planning? I say this not to boost our own egos but I've just been staggered over and over for the last 3 years especially, about how hamstrung the pretty intelligent to midwit people are. I think my conclusion is that the emotional and group madness factors are the real difference between actual intelligence and wisdom, as opposed to regurgitation and puppetry of people, fed by the system.

I'm far more disappointed than I thought I would ever be, and I didn't have a high expectation to start. Sigh.
I admittedly used to be smug about it, but I realized between families, homes, jobs, etc. most men simply don’t have the time, and in turn, the will. It’s very draining to be a contrarian, and frankly, most contrarians have been screwed the last decade and longer. Look at Michael Burry from the Big Short, he was one of the few people calling the housing bubble, and he was an autist that was losing clients and being laughed at by all his peers. It’s extremely difficult to call the timing on these things, as bears have been calling our banking and monetary system a sham since we left the gold standard. There have probably been books and articles printed every year since calling for a collapse in a 5-10 yr time frame. In reality, it’s probably easier to simply ride and cash out sheeple bubbles than it is to find the “Big Short”.

Last edited:

JohnKreese

Pelican

Seriously?

Joking aside, if you actually attempted to do something on "coimbase", there is a good chance you're getting phishing or scammed or something.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
There are people who are not smart enough to compute more complex topics, those who don't care/are distracted and those who could compute reality but don't when reality offends their feelings.
Great post. The 4% number keeps coming up and I think it's true. A forum member empirically :D came to the 4% conclusion of fitness/diet/health - only 4% actually do both of these, or have for years in a way that maintains their health.

Insecurities and feelings are in fact the stumbling blocks for most people who otherwise would "get it". It shows you a lot about humans though, and how many things one needs to have, or work on, to really be mindful of life and its realities. Yes, the only reward we have is "picking up the gains" as fools rush out, or in, as it were ...

Truth is its own reward, though, there is no doubt. And you have to "feel" that way, and put emphasis on it, or else you will have the other tombstone you referenced. Live not by lies, indeed.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
Normies are just over-invested in the establishment. Muh government, muh police, muh healthcare, muh media, muh education. The paradigm is shifting with zoomers but you can pretty much write off most millenials and older generations.

Great points, especially as we hit new all time highs.

On one hand I can't blame these people. BTC is volatile, and there's incessant propaganda against it, and the overwhelming majority of BTC advocates, especially in the early days, were too eccentric or weird for most people to take seriously.

However, these days, I have less sympathy. This has been around for 13 years now, and you have plenty of credible, smart, and articulate people getting into it.

It's hard to admit that the fundamentals of the world as you knew it have changed. Heck I still struggle with that. But at this point, if you aren't seriously re-considering the social contract of western civilization, you are being wilfully ignorant. It's easy to stay aloof, play along, but reality will hit you in the face, and it's going to be harder and harder for the average normie to keep playing stonks just to keep up with social collapse.

Who knows where bitcoin will go, but I have more faith in it than I do the financial system, which is the most ruthless, exploitative system in human history.

2020Dude

Pigeon

Kraken