The Boomer Question

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Something else comes to mind when considering what made a generation so materialistic and selfish and that's oil. Boomers were the generation that reaped all the benefits of the confluence of technology and cheap fuel. Never before in the known history of mankind have so many had access to so much material wealth, allowing them the sort of lifestyles undreamed of by their elders. Oil filled the trough and more people than ever could dip their snout in it.

And such unprecedented wealth created the conditions for the decadence and hubris that is so pervasive in boomers. Unlike like previous generations, they didn't have to slave just to keep their heads above water. They never really had to endure any significant hardship that tested their mettle and forged character. Deep down I believe that they know of this weakness and that makes them defensive. They take credit for creating such wealth and rapid progress. Because they lack the depth of character and wisdom that overcoming hardships would've given them, they clutch at straws. They believe they've earned their comforts, when in reality the opportunities open to them was a freak blip in history. It's akin to stolen valour. Oil was the hero, not them.

My thinking is God presents every generation with a particular challenge, same as He does individuals. I'm probably incorrect, theologically, but that is my thinking.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
If you take the stance of "It is inevitable that stumbling blocks must come" ... "but woe to him through whom that scandal (literally) comes!"

I see the cycle producing that generation; post war, room for rebuilding and ascent, demographics to keep the wheels going for a long time to come (think of it, we finally see the end now) ... but the second part of Christ's teaching shows you that many failed the test, and that's the same reality that suggests that on average, men (humans) regress to even lower common denominators than we usually like to believe, or hope.

They believe they've earned their comforts, when in reality the opportunities open to them was a freak blip in history.

I have pointed this out before to even family members (some of whom claim there is as much opportunity now as ever) and these are supposedly conservative people. Again, not many, because my real explanation is that they just don't want to believe for whatever reason that the country is going down - but it actually has made me quite angry in it being such a clear lie and rejection of obvious reality and truth, it's vomit inducing. The funnier part is the portion of them that also think "America is coming back". LOL, I am actually pointing these things out due to love, and wanting them to realize and try to address the issues (usually not possible I get it) but something you can do is admit the truth and leave the leftist shithole when the writing is on the wall and your school board doesn't see anything wrong with tranny story time.

berserker2001

Robin
Orthodox
If you take the stance of "It is inevitable that stumbling blocks must come" ... "but woe to him through whom that scandal (literally) comes!"

I see the cycle producing that generation; post war, room for rebuilding and ascent, demographics to keep the wheels going for a long time to come (think of it, we finally see the end now) ... but the second part of Christ's teaching shows you that many failed the test, and that's the same reality that suggests that on average, men (humans) regress to even lower common denominators than we usually like to believe, or hope.

I have pointed this out before to even family members (some of whom claim there is as much opportunity now as ever) and these are supposedly conservative people. Again, not many, because my real explanation is that they just don't want to believe for whatever reason that the country is going down - but it actually has made me quite angry in it being such a clear lie and rejection of obvious reality and truth, it's vomit inducing. The funnier part is the portion of them that also think "America is coming back". LOL, I am actually pointing these things out due to love, and wanting them to realize and try to address the issues (usually not possible I get it) but something you can do is admit the truth and leave the leftist shithole when the writing is on the wall and your school board doesn't see anything wrong with tranny story time.
One thing you can definitely still do in America is make decent money. I'm a Millenial from a lower class background in the Midwest, and there's opportunities all around us in the trades, truck driving + supply chain, manufacturing seems to be picking up, real estate has a lot of opportunities if you're savvy... However a lot of the college based careers that we were told were slam dunks turned out not to be, such as much of the STEM illusion, programming illusion, oversaturation of lawyers, bloated management class in America who doesn't really add any value, and many small businesses no longer being viable. Since Boomers have all the money, try and find businesses that Boomers need you to perform and then charge them according to their own ruthless supply/ demand principles they taught you growing up.

The thing that gets me about Boomers is much more the laissez-faire, nihilistic attitude towards morality and cultural decay that has really black-pilled every subsequent generation afterwards in it's wake.

Yes, that's it. Great analysis.

Me too, I'm filing a hurt feelings report with the mods.
Looking for something like this (from PCU):

iu

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
There is only one answer to the Boomer problem...remove them from power then ignore them.

They are, on average, a generation of the fattest, laziest, and most immoral slobs in existence and they can't shut up about themselves.

At least millennials and zooms have enough self awareness not to prattle about themselves on a high horse like anyone cares.

Since the Zoomielenial incessant WHINGING has reached a crescendo here in the Hate All Boomers especially your parents for having the audacity to actually have born you thread...

And now my Ancient Wisdom applied to BTC and ETH Fractal Waves analysis is coming to fruition... I Am feeling charitable to the pollywog and grasshopper ZMs here and will throw you a bone... What you do with it may well determine the trajectory of your lives - Learn and Earn or Keep Playing Video Games in the Basement of the woman who born you until her next boyfriend decides he has had enough and hires Terminix to gas and smoke you out.

Here is a fairly kool ZM who actually trains other ZMs to make $100K to $500K per year in a location-independent manner.... So please I am begging you all to quit hating your mommies and actually do something productive rather than playing video games with your thumbs on dumbphones in HER basements like a bunch of regressing Neo-Neanderthals...

Introducing the FREE DappUniversity:

So put down your game consoles and click on the free YouTubeU links....

Imagine If an ambitious Boomer had this tech when they were pollywogs and grasshoppers - They would own the world today... Just like you ZMs (Zoomielenials) can NOW!

Last edited:
Since the Zoomielenial incessant WHINGING has reached a crescendo here in the Hate All Boomers especially your parents for having the audacity to actually have born you thread...

And now my Ancient Wisdom applied to BTC and ETH Fractal Waves analysis is coming to fruition... I Am feeling charitable to the pollywog and grasshopper ZMs here and will throw you a bone... What you do with it may well determine the trajectory of your lives - Learn and Earn or Keep Playing Video Games in the Basement of the woman who born you until her next boyfriend decides he has had enough and hires Terminix to gas and smoke you out.

Here is a fairly kool ZM who actually trains other ZMs to make $100K to $500K per year in a location-independent manner.... So please I am begging you all to quit hating your mommies and actually do something productive rather than playing video games with your thumbs on dumbphones in HER basements like a bunch of regressing Neo-Neanderthals...

Introducing the FREE DappUniversity:

So put down your game consoles and click on the free YouTubeU links....

Imagine If an ambitious Boomer had this tech when they were pollywogs and grasshoppers - They would own the world today... Just like you ZMs (Zoomielenials) can NOW!
I'm appreciate the advice, that is up to each person to determine what to do with, but...

I asked you before and I will ask again. Do you understand things are drastically worse for young men in the USA now than it was 30 years ago? And by drastic, I mean their chances of success in life is less than half it was 30 years prior given the same inputs.

The Prime Minister

Sparrow
Orthodox
I'm appreciate the advice, that is up to each person to determine what to do with, but...

I asked you before and I will ask again. Do you understand things are drastically worse for young men in the USA now than it was 30 years ago? And by drastic, I mean their chances of success in life is less than half it was 30 years prior given the same inputs.

Seems like he still doesn't get it. He just doubled down even more.

"Pull yourselves up by the bootstraps and stop whining!"

"Muh hard work and Rugged Individualism!"

His Boomer mentality and opinions are now firmly set in stone I'm afraid.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member

You have the knowledge of the world at your fingertips and so many new ways to earn a location independent living - this really is the best time to earn a fortune in my entire life. Look at China, Social Credit Scores, One Party Rule, NO social safety nets, Forced Labor Reeducation Camps for malcontents yet fortues are made there every day while they eat our lunches - but where do they all want to have a well-established Plan B - Right here in NorCanMerica as bad as things are with the BLM Antifa Ungrateful Social Democrat Boomers and Bernie Bro AOC Zoomielenials the Chinese know they have ways to solve these problems once they take over North America.

So get in front of these treends with mega skillz and earn a few thousand ETH, BCH, BTC and find a corner of the world with incredibly attractive Christian women who will cherish you and raise a few kids with this new found wealth...

I am minting NFTs left right and up the center setting them at Art House ETH prices and am no longer saluting people with lower IQs than me while they stuck me in a nuclear sewer-pipe filled with 140 other stinky bodies, sunk us in the middle of the ocean and told us not to come back until we chase off or nuke a bunch of Crazy Ivan Underwater Kommies on their way to and from Havana.

I am about to go get a Friday Afternoon Happy Hour Bacon Cheddar Cheesburger and Micro Brewed IPA and then a nice Maduro Cigar to finish it off.

Is life Great or What???

Now that ETH Gas is down anyone wants to earn 2.5% ETH referrals for sharing my NFT Collections links paid monthly directly to your MetaMask wallets automatically from OpenSea.io goto their site and read up on how to earn referrals when folks who you share the links to actually buy the NFTs. (Download the Brave Browser and install the MetMask wallet extension to log into OpenSea.io NFT Market - it works Great.)

Default referrals are 1%, I am setting all of my NFTs to at least 1 ETH per NFT at 2.5% max referral fees again in ETH.

Target Social Media Groups Buyers/Investors/Flippers like Comicon and Video Gamers, Pop-Urban-Gallery-Collectibles Art speculators and investors - even the Wild and Crazy Indian guys who bought out Beeple's entire collection for over $75 Million in ETH claim that it now has a value of over $140 Million with NFTs resold individually or in groups/collages.

Then PM me for the NFT collection direct links and earn some FREE ETH...

Or go back to bishing in this infernal thread - your lives your choices.

You have the knowledge of the world at your fingertips and so many new ways to earn a location independent living - this really is the best time to earn a fortune in my entire life. Look at China, Social Credit Scores, One Party Rule, NO social safety nets, Forced Labor Reeducation Camps for malcontents yet fortues are made there every day while they eat our lunches - but where do they all want to have a well-established Plan B - Right here in NorCanMerica as bad as things are with the BLM Antifa Ungrateful Social Democrat Boomers and Bernie Bro AOC Zoomielenials the Chinese know they have ways to solve these problems once they take over North America.

So get in front of these treends with mega skillz and earn a few thousand ETH, BCH, BTC and find a corner of the world with incredibly attractive Christian women who will cherish you and raise a few kids with this new found wealth...

I am minting NFTs left right and up the center setting them at Art House ETH prices and am no longer saluting people with lower IQs than me while the stuck me in a nuclear sewers pipe filled with 140 other stinky bodies, sunk us in the middle of the ocean and told us not to come back until we chase off or nuke a bunch of Crazy Ivan Underwater Kommies on their way to and from Havana.

I am about to go get a Friday Afternoon Happy Hour Bacon Cheddar Cheesburger and Micro Brewed IPA then a nice Maduro Cigar to finish it off.

Is life Great or What???

Now that ETH Gas is down anyone wants to earn 2.5% ETH referrals for sharing my NFT Collections links paid monthly directly to your MetaMask wallets automatically from OpenSea.io goto their site and read up on how to earn referrals when folks who you share the links to actually buy the NFTs. (Download the Brave Browser and install the MetMask wallet extension to log into OpenSea.io NFT Market - it works Great.)

Default referrals are 1%, I am setting all of my NFTs to at least 1 ETH per NFT at 2.5% max referral fees again in ETH.

Target Social Media Groups Buyers/Investors/Flippers like Comicon and Video Gamers, Pop-Urban-Gallery-Collectibles Art speculators and investors - even the Wild and Crazy Indian guys who bought out Beeple's entire collection for over $75 Million in ETH claim that it now has a value of over $140 Million with NFTs resold individually or in groups/collages.

Then PM me for the NFT collection direct links and earn some FREE ETH...

Or go back to bishing in this infernal thread - your lives your choice.

So you honestly think things are better now than 30 years ago?

I don't even know how to respond to that. I thought you would say that things are slightly worse but not as much as I am making it out to be.

I've spent almost 21 years working 7 days a week and I can't afford a family and a good Christian woman. That is WAY beyond my reach, I am just hoping to have enough to keep eating and staying warm. We simply live on two different planets, I can't even fathom life being that easy or good.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
So you honestly think things are better now than 30 years ago?

I don't even know how to respond to that. I thought you would say that things are slightly worse but not as much as I am making it out to be.

I've spent almost 21 years working 7 days a week and I can't afford a family and a good Christian woman. That is WAY beyond my reach, I am just hoping to have enough to keep eating and staying warm. We simply live on two different planets, I can't even fathom life being that easy or good.

I just got my CCP J&J Bioweapon intoxination 2 weeks ago and have not dropped dead yet and am working on 6 new NFT projects including a new way to fund a mega business project that the wild-eyed Chinese SHIB Shiba Inu Crypto speculators making crazy bank would actually like as a major Plan B in NorCanMerica with all of my Opps controlled in Trusts with Top 10 Safe World Banks.

My tech justifies INSANE valuations and my NFT projects are just to help a lot of struggling creatives and keep some, beer, cigar, dinner, and F150 Hybrid Truck money for myself.

We can get paid in real-world money like ETH or BNB and convert to BTC/BCH/LTC/XMR with Crypto backed Fiat Debit Cards to pay our bills - this is truly the best time of my entire Life and I am an old broken down Nuke Boats Diver and Driver recovering from the aftereffects of Covid back in March April - What's your collective excuses.

I have plenty of ailments and chronic conditions - but NO Excuses.

I am excited to chart markets, invest, takes profits and fund my creative pursuits EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Nuke Boats Forever.

The OG Deepdiver.

On the hunt for the next 1K Bagger!

Will be interesting to see the worlds hard men like me will create now that the Soyboy Softies and their female malcontents have done their damage.

Live Free or DIE the NH State Motto!

Last edited:
I just got my CCP J&J Bioweapon intoxination 2 weeks ago and have not dropped dead yet and am working on 6 new NFT projects including a new way to fund a mega business project that the wild-eyed Chinese SHIB Shiba Inu Crypto speculators making crazy bank would actually like as a major Plan B in NorCanMerica with all of my Opps controlled in Trusts with Top 10 Safe World Banks.

My tech justifies INSANE valuations and my NFT projects are just to help a lot of struggling creatives and keep some, beer, cigar, dinner, and F150 Hybrid Truck money for myself.

We can get paid in real-world money like ETH or BNB and convert to BTC/BCH/LTC/XMR with Fiat Debit Cards to pay our bills - this is truly the best time of my entire Life and I am an old broken down Nuke Boats Diver and Driver recovering from the aftereffects of Covid back in March April - What's your collective excuses.

I have plenty of ailments and chronic conditions - but NO Excuses.

I am excited to chart markets, invest, takes profits and fund my creative pursuits EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Nuke Boats Forever.

The OG Deepdiver.

On the hunt for the next 1K Bagger!
My personal excuse is what you wrote is a foreign language to me. I have no idea what any of that means.

But if you are getting very wealthy, look to help fund young Christian men in the west. Because they have a huge uphill battle in front of them.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
My personal excuse is what you wrote is a foreign language to me. I have no idea what any of that means.

But if you are getting very wealthy, look to help fund young Christian men in the west. Because they have a huge uphill battle in front of them.
That is what I just Did (Hint install Brave Browser, and MetaMask Extension, goto OpenSea.io and log in with the MetaMask wallet... read up on how to earn NFT referrals fees on all OpenSea NFTs and JUST DO IT!)

When done PM Me for my NFT Collections web links.

Then learn how to create, mint and market your OWN NFTs.

Earn a few thousand ETH and buy an organic farm in the EE and find a decent EE Christian woman to give you a bunch of Kids to Work the land in Freedom with a NorCanMerica Plan B in case the Radical Islamists or ChiCommunist hordes invade the EE.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member

I'm 37, all my friends and relatives around my age and younger have become exceedingly successful the last few years through lots of different avenues.....things I never would have thought of them doing and not anything they had any specific technical skills in doing or degrees for. I've seen a lot of threads lately blaming different factors for the lack of opportunities but I just don't see it, I've seen the direct opposite. Everyone has money now, everyone has nice cars, takes vacations, wears nice clothes, buys expensive dinners and lives in expensive places. I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say the word "budget"....it didn't used to be that way not even 5 years ago. 5-10 years ago if you had 10k in the bank you were doing well, now 100k in the bank guys are saying "man I'm broke and need to find a way to make more". The rich definitely got silly richer to a whole other level but a lot of common guys caught some of it.

I guess there is always going to be some who make and some who don't but I think if you're just hoping for that factory job with the pension, a house, car, project car, boat and a cabin up north then yea those days are gone. You have to adapt, you can't just keep saying "things aren't the way they were before".

Don't have any love for pot smoking free love peace sign irresponsible boomers but I think instead of being upset you can't make it the way they made it you need to find a new way to make it. I've seen more people become wealthy over the past few years than I ever have in my life, guys who had nothing a few years ago and were wage slaves, and I've seen people who were already well off turn into power players.

I really don't see it guys, the only people I know struggling are ones who put their eggs in the wrong basket (usually degrees) or just never did anything to make it they just stayed doing whatever they were doing and never advanced or adapted.

Now go ahead call me a boomer and make the joke about the bootstraps and give me a bunch of labels, doesn't change that what I'm saying is true. I can make a list for you guys off the top of my head if you want, all walks of life and industries. Right now the problem I see developing is inflation making currency worth so little, but most people I know have assets in the way of businesses and property so those things won't suffer through that they will actually be more valuable, it's the people working careers at set salaries/wages and things of that nature which will suffer which of course is a very large group of people so that is concerning.

I'm 37, all my friends and relatives around my age and younger have become exceedingly successful the last few years through lots of different avenues.....things I never would have thought of them doing and not anything they had any specific technical skills in doing or degrees for. I've seen a lot of threads lately blaming different factors for the lack of opportunities but I just don't see it, I've seen the direct opposite. Everyone has money now, everyone has nice cars, takes vacations, wears nice clothes, buys expensive dinners and lives in expensive places. I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say the word "budget"....it didn't used to be that way not even 5 years ago. 5-10 years ago if you had 10k in the bank you were doing well, now 100k in the bank guys are saying "man I'm broke and need to find a way to make more". The rich definitely got silly richer to a whole other level but a lot of common guys caught some of it.

I guess there is always going to be some who make and some who don't but I think if you're just hoping for that factory job with the pension, a house, car, project car, boat and a cabin up north then yea those days are gone. You have to adapt, you can't just keep saying "things aren't the way they were before".

Don't have any love for pot smoking free love peace sign irresponsible boomers but I think instead of being upset you can't make it the way they made it you need to find a new way to make it. I've seen more people become wealthy over the past few years than I ever have in my life, guys who had nothing a few years ago and were wage slaves, and I've seen people who were already well off turn into power players.

I really don't see it guys, the only people I know struggling are ones who put their eggs in the wrong basket (usually degrees) or just never did anything to make it they just stayed doing whatever they were doing and never advanced or adapted.

Now go ahead call me a boomer and make the joke about the bootstraps and give me a bunch of labels, doesn't change that what I'm saying is true. I can make a list for you guys off the top of my head if you want, all walks of life and industries. Right now the problem I see developing is inflation making currency worth so little, but most people I know have assets in the way of businesses and property so those things won't suffer through that they will actually be more valuable, it's the people working careers at set salaries/wages and things of that nature which will suffer which of course is a very large group of people so that is concerning.
I would love to know what specifically these people do to make so much money? I know people in all sorts of walks of life, and the only thing that seems to bind them together is financial struggle. From doctors, to govt. workers, to construction, to IT, to lawyers, etc, etc.

Some are doing okay, but not great by any means. Most are struggling pretty hard. Some are becoming desperate due to the economic situation post covid restrictions. A lot of people I know have lost businesses, investments, and such, due to the restrictions.

What are these people doing to live the way you describe? Maybe there is something we are missing out on. I will admit, I went into IT before the H-1B visa theft got rampant and maybe I should have got out years ago due to it. But I seem to be doing better than most anyone I know.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I would love to know what specifically these people do to make so much money? I know people in all sorts of walks of life, and the only thing that seems to bind them together is financial struggle. From doctors, to govt. workers, to construction, to IT, to lawyers, etc, etc.

Some are doing okay, but not great by any means. Most are struggling pretty hard. Some are becoming desperate due to the economic situation post covid restrictions. A lot of people I know have lost businesses, investments, and such, due to the restrictions.

What are these people doing to live the way you describe? Maybe there is something we are missing out on. I will admit, I went into IT before the H-1B visa theft got rampant and maybe I should have got out years ago due to it. But I seem to be doing better than most anyone I know.

I'll be more than happy to list them off for you my brother, I don't have a large circle of friends but I do have a massive amount of family so I'll go down the list off the top of my head of what they've been doing the past few years. I'm not going to name off people I don't know personally, just people I am close with.

I'll start by saying my entire family tree is off the boat, I am actually the first born male in the USA. My father and uncles came here with nothing, and when I say nothing I mean NOTHING. That's a whole other tangent so I won't go far into that because they made their bones in the 90's which doesn't count but I have a few aunts/uncles where the last of them got off the boat in the early 2000's so those are good examples, their kids especially. I can go into the things my uncles did and how they made it more in depth if you want but I don't think it's relevant, but I'll put it this way I have 10 aunts and uncles on my fathers side and not a single one of them is struggling and neither are they children, all extremely successful in some crazy businesses you would never expect some bad english speaking boaters to be involved in. My Mothers side is different yea some are wealthy but a lot of them are just bums, they don't want to work they just want it handed to them by their wealthy uncle.

Myself personally I do ecommerce, my father is the outlier out of all my uncles he never cared one bit to be wealthy or cared about having nice things that's just who he is. I worked my ass off, nothing came easy and I wasn't "lucky" with anything, in fact I was probably unlucky in every way you can imagine. I studied accounting which was a total waste of time and eventually ended up doing ecommerce. Well long story short two years ago I was ready to shut it all down and just go ask one of my uncles to run one of their hotels. Then covid happened and after the first two weeks where everyone was scared business absolutely exploded, I've never been busier and it has stayed that way and gotten better every month since. Before I was desperate to sell my business for next to nothing, I've since tripled the price and I have a contract for full asking in my hands ready to sign and I'm not sure if I'm going to because business is so good and I'm worried the money won't be worth much soon. This happened in the last two years, before that I was ready to go out of business.

My friend R who is 36 took a mortgage on a junk house in the almost hood a few years ago to grow weed in the basement, this is Michigan, before that he was working in a restaurant for hourly pay. He was doing okay he was late to the weed game by that time it was like buying yourself a job. Well housing exploded he sold that garbage house for 120k more than what he owed on the mortgage, then used the money to open a warehouse grow with the skills he had learned. He is making six figure profit every 2-3 months when he cuts down.

My friend D who is also 36 does construction, home remodeling to be specific. He has never been busier he has become known as the go to guy for luxury remodels and it's all in cash, he is perpetually terrified of the IRS but the guy has very quietly become a millionaire when before he was just a random guy who did construction.

D's brother C who is 39 does concrete, his business has followed suit with his brothers the guy didn't have a pot to piss in a couple years ago.

My friend P who is 42 does credit repair, he's pretty much a grifter but a legit one that provides a service. It's a service anyone can do on their own I believe but he's just really good at it. He has latched on with mortgage brokers and they send him clients, the guy doesn't do anything he travels the world and works from his laptop it's silly. He makes anywhere from 2-10k per head and it's pretty much just filing paperwork....his case is a really silly one the guy is just smooth. He was okay before he had a job as a low level engineer/tester at Chrysler but he quit that job 3 years ago to do this instead. Everyone thought he was crazy for doing that but he sure showed us.

My friend J who is 35 got lucky as shit in the stock market, all pretty much just Tesla. Nothing much to say about that some guys just get lucky, he does structured settlements full time barely makes 70k a year doing it but he's a millionaire from the stock market the past couple years or so.

My friend M who is 30 has a pizza place, a crappy low revenue that was barely paying the bills pizza place you could have probably purchased from him for the price of the equipment and assuming the lease. His business has quadrupled since covid started and he re-opened a location that his family owned that they closed down a few years ago.

My friend F who is 41 was doing some travel sales crap a couple years ago, making a halfway good living from it. He started working for some company that installs guards on gutters out of nowhere, he's making 5-10k a week now doing that. The guy is just a natural salesman, his is actually a really good example he had a going nowhere career and said screw it and started some new job going completely out of his comfort zone and it was the best thing he's ever done in his life financially.

My friend A who is 38 was pretty much a gopher for his wealthy brother in law making peanuts. Well being this gopher he developed a relationship with a lot of high ups in crooked Detroit. A used this to get on the inside to open a legit dispensary a few years ago, if you know anything about dispensaries any successful one is a license to print money....he has one of the top ones in the state.

Now on to my cousins, those are the fun ones!

My cousin "no initial" who is 31 got off the boat in the early 2000's, the guy speaks shitty english and I'm not going to lie he is dumb as a brick but man is he a go getter. He worked for me doing ecommerce for a couple years and I just can't tolerate stupidity, I had to let him go but it wasn't a bad breakup and I taught him a lot....he pretty much got a degree in ecommerce from me and couple that with his no shame approach when it comes to money it sure has worked out well. NI started selling weed paraphernalia he opened a giant warehouse in Detroit, not the people I want to deal with but he was doing well but the margins are so low on that china crap it's not like he was getting rich from it. Welllllll, he obviously had all the distribution network to all the smoke shops, stores, gas stations and dispensaries so a new vape company came to him and wanted him to be their exclusive distributor and he took that offer and bought a majority share in the company. I'm not going to say the name of the vape brand because you guys will all know it, you probably can guess it anyway, I'm still close with NI and hang out at his warehouse all the time and he hangs out at mine. His last order was for 8 figures and that's a regular monthly occurrence now. This guy who got off the boat with his family in the early 2000's, is dumb as a brick and speaks shitty english is a multi millionaire and the now majority owner of the biggest vape company in the world right now.

My cousin N who is 29 emulated my cousin NI and started his own vape brand, he's obviously not doing AS well as NI but he's become quite wealthy from it also. He just sent a model to a company and had them recreate it with some tweaks to make it his own brand. This cousin also got off the boat in the early 2000's, he was working in a liquor store a few years ago.

N's brother Na who is 31 tried to follow along with me in doing ecommerce. But while I did everything by the book Na did things a little differently, Na found some guy in the Northeast who was willing to counterfeit anything he sent him. Of course this would have been dumb and not sustainable for electronics or anything with a big name brand attached to it he found it rather profitable for ED pills, I've dabbled in the OTC ED pill market back in my early ecommerce days it's a very odd one. Products are super hot with a pretty much name your price market for them and then they die when the FDA catches up to them, well he did this for a few years selling these pills on Amazon until eventually it caught up to him and he had to shut it down. By that time he had made enough money to do what every boater does that has no other skills.....buy a liquor store! He bought a crappy one in the early 10's, remodeled it, bought a nicer one then bought super high end ones.....I think he has 5 now. Definitely not the business I want to be in I hate liquor stores but hey he's good at it and has become quite wealthy from it I guess covid has made them a strong business again, it's trade or retail.....nothing beats trade other than maybe real estate but that's a super rich game now.

My cousins S who is 30 and T who is 33 were buying and selling used cars, they opened a "B" lot in garbage Detroit a few years ago when everyone laughed at them because the used car game was dead. Eventually they started buying better cars and started doing financing, they have done quite well for themselves with it.

My cousin S who is 24......yes TWENTY FOUR. S wasn't much for college and when my uncles started buying up hotels they threw him in one to run it with a 25% stake just a job, you tell someone "hotel" they automatically think you're rich....no. Month to month a common hotel doesn't make huge sums of money but it's a super easy business and obviously you have a huge asset which will net you a wheel barrow full of money one day when you sell it. Well S was so proficient at running this hotel they gave him another to manage, then another......then he had his own money to buy into these hotels himself. I believe he owns a stake in half a dozen hotels right now and runs all of them, pretty much just barks orders at the managers.

I could go on, really I could. I could go down the line of all of my friends and cousins and list each one but I think you get the point. The main thing to take from this is that none of these guys relied on a degree, or a promotion.....or I think more to the point they didn't rely on anyone else they made it work for themselves instead of going by the boomer model of just clocking in for a crazy paying dummy work job then collection a pension. That model is dead, the boomer model is dead....forget about it and move on you have to adapt. I have relatives who are doctors and lawyers, multiple actually, but I don't even think that model works anymore. I don't think any of my doctor cousins are nearly as wealthy as my other cousins and the lawyers don't make squat in comparison.

I can also give you these examples:

My friend A who is P's younger brother from above is a tester/engineer at Chrysler he makes 6 figures, 5 years ago he probably had the best job out of all of us but we have all left him in the dust. He's not going to make more unless the company gives it to him, don't get me wrong it's great job obviously with big time benefits but unless he does things on the side he's never going to be wealthy from it. Well off yes definitely but not wealthy.

My cousin V is 30, never did anything his entire life but bounce from crappy food jobs and living off of everyone else. Making just enough money to wake up at 1pm everyday pay his personal bills and find somebody to get high with. V just recently decided he wanted to enter the real world because he found a girl who would actually marry him. V has no degree or skills whatsoever, started at a mortgage company last year at the bottom of the barrel and 3 months later was offered a 70k a year salary to be full time. That's going to be the rest of his life, nobody will ever take a risk on him or hand him anything because he has no work ethic and has never proven anything other than he's a bum and he's forever going to be a salary slave. I'm sure he'll move up in the company and not too far off he might get to 100k a year.

If that's what you want it's really not that hard to find, for me personally I would rather be dead.

There is also V's brother N, N is 34 and has done absolutely nothing nothing nothing with his life. N thinks he's a hood rat gangster, even though he grew up super spoiled in a wealthy community with every advantage. N at the age of 19 for some reason which none of us have ever been able to figure out was handed the keys to the hottest club in Detroit, his godfather was the owner. It lasted a few years and N lived the life of a rap/athlete/movie star while it lasted then when it ended N thought that was actually how life is supposed to be. N thought he was just going to make it he was just going to be rich and famous somehow, N is 34 and has no job no prospects no skills and gets by on everyone elses back living off of our lives still pretending he's a star. N blames it at all on nobody giving him an opportunity, tell me who in their right mind would give an opportunity to him?

I had a big heart to heart recently with N when he found out I was looking to open a new branch of my ecommerce business and he asked me if he could run it. I told him straight "N you have absolutely nothing to offer me or anyone else" and I gave him a blueprint if he wanted to climb out of the hole he is digging himself into further everyday. I wrote it down for him on the legal pad in my laptop bag (I'm always at work):

-You have no skills or prospects you have to get a normal job, maybe two, and work 70 hours a week
-After 2-3 years of living frugal you'll have a lot of money saved up
-You buy or partner up in a shitty business....anyone in our family can help him with that (or maybe you've moved up so high in the job you want to stay then all set....not what I would do)
-Business route you still work 70 hours a week but now you're making a lot more money and have collateral/equity
-You buy a better business now you're making real money
-Rinse and repeat
-Wealthy, enjoy your life

It would probably take you 5-7 years to get to that end goal, of course he'll never do this because he has no work ethic whatsoever and he thinks it's too late to start, it just is what it is.

I'll say one other thing, save for a couple outliers all these guys I know that made it recently work their tails off. That includes my multi national crazy business uncles....they all work 7 days a week everyone I know who is wealthy works 7 days week that's the real world not tv/internet/celebrities/athlete losers. Make all the jokes about boot straps that you want but if you're not willing to work and make it happen and you're sitting there waiting to find a better job because you think your degree should pay more or you think "boomers" are holding you down well.....you're just not going to make it.

Pick my brain all you want or pick me apart all you want, nothing makes me happier than to see people succeed especially young Christian men like ourselves who will do good in the world, and I truly do believe anyone can make it. It's just up to you how you want to live, I know plenty of people just happy to get by and there is nothing wrong with that but if you want more then don't blame anyone else. I don't care if that sounds like a motivational poster its the God honest truth.

No reason for me to pick it apart at all. I've just never heard of anything like any of that, and I have lived my entire life in this decaying country. I have heard of a few people here or there getting lucky, but not many post 9/11 with the focus of the govt./economy to destroy small business and force people to work/into poverty.

My guess is that as you said, they are immigrants, they have a community to help them out. Which is very valuable. But that will start to disappear, either for their children as they greatly struggle or when this thing comes crashing down, which ever happens first.

My advice is as always, easy come, easy go. Save that money, buy land, buy water, buy ammo, and be ready for the worst. It is coming, we just don't know when.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
No reason for me to pick it apart at all. I've just never heard of anything like any of that, and I have lived my entire life in this decaying country. I have heard of a few people here or there getting lucky, but not many post 9/11 with the focus of the govt./economy to destroy small business and force people to work/into poverty.

My guess is that as you said, they are immigrants, they have a community to help them out. Which is very valuable. But that will start to disappear, either for their children as they greatly struggle or when this thing comes crashing down, which ever happens first.

My advice is as always, easy come, easy go. Save that money, buy land, buy water, buy ammo, and be ready for the worst. It is coming, we just don't know when.

The immigrant part definitely plays, but please believe me when I tell you this nothing is handed easy and if you don’t show you deserve it like in the case of a couple of my cousins my uncles would slap you and tell you to act like a man long before ever giving you an opportunity. None of my uncles even believe in flashy things or showing wealth and I am not exaggerating one bit when I say I have been working since I was 5 years old in the dumpiest of liquor stores that no parents should have been exposing their children to....just didn’t have a choice. My father owns multiple huge assets but today he was probably on his 30 acres 20 minutes from home tilling his garden with his hands wearing tattered clothes and sandals in his perpetually ready to break down truck.

I think the immigrant part plays in regards to the entrepreneurial side of it, we always had that mentality that you needed to make it yourself and not rely on anyone else. The world sure has sucked since 9/11 I will 100% agree on that but I also think lately common people have been able to get a taste of wealth, although I do recognize that the truly wealthy now are way beyond that level.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
Boomers have an above average aptitude to produce offspring who can become excellent middle managers and famous YouTube entertainment personalities.

They are also well traveled and have visited such exotic locals like Mexico and Canada.

They are obviously great investors and many receive handsome pensions rather than invest in the foolish 401k that most millennials think is cool.