The Boomer Question

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I’m a planted shill for the boomerati what else could it possibly be but that…

The political and societal aspect is what it is, I definitely don’t agree that they actively tried to destroy society it’s more of a ignorance is bliss type of thing, but hey I can say the same for us an the internet age there is lots of blame to go around. I’m not going to kicking and screaming defending boomers on that, sure they are to blame but so are we and lots others.

But to hear men blame their parents that life didn’t turn out the way they wanted and they have hardships because someone should have handed more to them is simply pathetic to me.
Honestly, you do. Your posts read like a whiney boomer butt hurt people are blaming your gen when all you did was vote R your whole life and do what was expected of you.

"Don't fall for the commie subversion tactic zoomie got! We're the good guys even though we continued our shitty voting habits which continue to exclusively benefit our age cohort and thought if we voted for the other guy every other time we'd be ok when they did the same thing! It was like totally ignorance is bliss.
:laugh:

Full me once, shame on you, fool me every election since Nixon opened up China and ended Breton woods....

If it was blissful ignorance, that has long ended for willful ignorance.

The fact that there are silents who agree with gen x, zoomers, and millennials regarding the boomer elite and political class problem means to me that we're all onto something.

No really, we literally have a whole political class of boomers who see nothing wrong with an ascendant china(tHeIr WeAlTh WiLl DeMoCrAtIzE tHeM), forcing untested drugs onto others, and skirting the spirit of the law and bill of rights by kicking enforcement out to businesses via questionable regulatory edicts. Hell there's a boomer general right now who just admitted to treason.

This is literally inflaming revolutionary and anti-federal sentiment across half the country and yet here you are defending the work of geriatric elites who don't have any sort of future time horizon. Seriously the fact that you can't or are unwilling to place the blame where it is most deserved is truly a boomer tier cope.

There are boomers that lost and there are millennials who are winning. It really doesn't matter when at the end of the day.

Fun fact, did you know boomers made themselves a protected class? Yeah, this whole conversation is ageist in the same way we can't criticize the African American community for acting poorly. Oops!

The question is, will boomers go full boomerwaffen when social security payments and the retirement moneys stop? I like to believe in happy endings too.

Carolus

Pigeon
But to hear men blame their parents that life didn’t turn out the way they wanted and they have hardships because someone should have handed more to them is simply pathetic to me.
That isn't the objection. You're being deliberately obtuse so you can chest pound about how much better you are than all the losers out there who haven't made it.

The primary objection is that the generation has drained the public trough dry and saddled their descendants with massive debt and then brag about it. I've heard many a boomer make jokes about how social security is going to run out right after they die. I've heard many more smugly talk about how they didn't pay for their kids college even though they could afford it because 'no one paid for mine.'

Additionally, most major obstacles and roadblocks to success have been erected by boomers. The entry-level job requiring 5 years experience and a master's meme is nearer to reality than not. These corporate policies were enacted by boomers. The 'give the kid a shot' mentality in corporate America has disappeared with the Silents out of the workforce.

I was talking to my cousin awhile ago and asked her how someone would follow her career path nowadays. She told me she had no idea anymore. When she entered the workforce there was a clear and structured path for her profession. A person would be hired by a firm, assigned a mentor of sorts, and progress from there. That is all gone now. Every job in her field requires experience. There is actually no way to enter other than working for free on the side for a year plus (with a low chance of success) or nepotism/knowing someone. According to her, no one hires kids out of college unless they're children of friends.

Personally, I'm doing great right now. But just because I am personally doing very well in my life doesn't mean I can't have empathy and understand that success is much harder to achieve now for most other men. Boys of single mothers/broken homes are especially disadvantaged through no fault of their own (check out those boomer divorce rates...).

And yes, before you ask, my parents are still married.

That isn't the objection. You're being deliberately obtuse so you can chest pound about how much better you are than all the losers out there who haven't made it.

The primary objection is that the generation has drained the public trough dry and saddled their descendants with massive debt and then brag about it. I've heard many a boomer make jokes about how social security is going to run out right after they die. I've heard many more smugly talk about how they didn't pay for their kids college even though they could afford it because 'no one paid for mine.'

Additionally, most major obstacles and roadblocks to success have been erected by boomers. The entry-level job requiring 5 years experience and a master's meme is nearer to reality than not. These corporate policies were enacted by boomers. The 'give the kid a shot' mentality in corporate America has disappeared with the Silents out of the workforce.

I was talking to my cousin awhile ago and asked her how someone would follow her career path nowadays. She told me she had no idea anymore. When she entered the workforce there was a clear and structured path for her profession. A person would be hired by a firm, assigned a mentor of sorts, and progress from there. That is all gone now. Every job in her field requires experience. There is actually no way to enter other than working for free on the side for a year plus (with a low chance of success) or nepotism/knowing someone. According to her, no one hires kids out of college unless they're children of friends.

Personally, I'm doing great right now. But just because I am personally doing very well in my life doesn't mean I can't have empathy and understand that success is much harder to achieve now for most other men. Boys of single mothers/broken homes are especially disadvantaged through no fault of their own (check out those boomer divorce rates...).

And yes, before you ask, my parents are still married.

This is a great post and sums up my worry in life.

If I were 22 years old and just graduated college, what would I do? If I were 18 and graduating high school, what would I do? In this day and age I have no idea. Luckily no one this age asks me for career advice because I simply could not give it.

I was lucky to graduate high school in a time where there were tons of opportunities, a job selection was simply what you enjoyed. When I graduated college, after 4 years of partying and having fun and with a very average GPA, I turned down jobs. I worked alongside boomers for two decades and working used to be fun. The environment was fun, we had a good time, we went to lunch together, it was almost like a 2nd community and family. Since BLM/Charlottesville/etc., the work environment is miserable. Very cold and emotionless. Everyone in CYA mode on every single thing they do.

I have no idea what would be a good career choice for a young person. Especially a young White or Asian man. Can they even get a job without 4.0 GPA and faking their love of globohomo politics?

That is why I continue to work 7 days a week, for over 20 years now. Well, coming up on 22 years. It is exhausting. But I do it because I want children. Sure, I can afford to have children now, but what will I pass on to them? A third world hell hole and no chance to escape? I want to pass something on, so I keep working, saving, investing, so if I do have children they might have a fighting chance.

The country the Boomers inherited from their parents and the one they are passing on is night and day. The frustration isn't that the Boomers did this, well a little is, the real frustration is the number of them who either refuse to admit it or simply do not care. The ones who either refuse to admit this truth or simply do not care are the purely evil.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
The boomer question is complex, not unlike most things, in that it was the boomer generation that initiated this "revolution", i.e. the 60's, that led us to this terrible place. And so, the responsibility falls on them. However, there are the boomers that legitimately supported that and still support that today and then there is a substantial portion of the boomers that not only did not and do not support the left but adamantly hate it like the rest of us.

A red pilled Boomer is a staunch ally. That being said, there must be a cultural narrative that addresses their transgressions. Among the worst of their sins was the unleashing of the sexual "revolution", which brought us systematic divorce and, at present, outright depravity heading towards pedophilia. Boomers will be front and center with this dialogue and it can't be helped.

Carolus

Pigeon
I have no idea what would be a good career choice for a young person. Especially a young White or Asian man. Can they even get a job without 4.0 GPA and faking their love of globohomo politics?

Generally, you either pretend to drink the kool-aid and get a comfortable job where you have to deal with AWFLs and are forced to comply with their agenda all day, start your own business, or you have to work a dirty job (trades, oil fields, sin peddling industries, etc). Plus, now to have a normal middle class job, you need the jab... If not now, you will soon.

Welcome to our new cyberpunk reality. Tragically, unlike in the novels, it's boring.

Edit: The good news is that the trades aren't all that bad. I know a lot of very happy people who work in them.

Elipe

Pelican
I definitely don’t agree that they actively tried to destroy society it’s more of a ignorance is bliss type of thing
When parents apply this to small children where they neglect to feed the child and change its diapers because they wanted some "me" time to get drunk with wine, we rightfully take umbrage and call for that child to be placed in a better foster family that will provide the child with its needs.

But when we apply that on a generational scale, people like you just chuckle and go, "ignorance is bliss! YOLO!!!"

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
When parents apply this to small children where they neglect to feed the child and change its diapers because they wanted some "me" time to get drunk with wine, we rightfully take umbrage and call for that child to be placed in a better foster family that will provide the child with its needs.

But when we apply that on a generational scale, people like you just chuckle and go, "ignorance is bliss! YOLO!!!"

Who chuckled and used the word “YOLO”? Used that a little out of context don’t you think?

Yea people like me who don’t blame others for their problems, what a concept…

Last edited:

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I think a lot of the younger generations just wish their dad taught them how to shave, change the oil on a car, and how to use tools. They feel abandoned and act like feral children as a result.

Zoomers are incredibly quick to accept baby boomers as one of their own. Look at how quick Nick Fuentes' America First zoomers embraced Paul Gosar and Donald Trump. They were like the dads they never had. Pretty much nobody hates particular baby boomers simply for being baby boomers, they are simply frustrated with the entire generation in a vague sense from not only being abandoned by them, but also pillaged by them without remorse. Very few of them will admit there was anything wrong with their generation, let alone themselves. I do not know the following poster or if he did anything wrong in life, but this is the handwaving attitude we see from baby boomers while their generation pillages our already paltry paychecks to pay for their pensions, social security, and medical bills:

Who chuckled and used the word “YOLO”? Used that a little out of context don’t you think?

And when you mention financial struggles, many will not hesitate to simply tell you to work harder, which in most cases isn't bad advice, but it avoids the fact that the same amount of labor and connections from a member of younger generations will not result in the same fruits that the baby boomers experienced.

Now they're all "vaccinated" - but that's not enough, they need to support the vaccine mandates which may result in me being fired in the coming weeks, as the sole income earner for my new family with a child on the way. And by the way, my wife, who graduated nursing school last year, couldn't even get a job now if we desperately needed her to since every hospital and doctors office near us that is hiring (might literally be all of them) requires you to be vaccinated! And the baby boomer politicians don't even have the courtesy to forgive that student loan debt, which would be a tiny fraction of all the digital money they fabricated. Complete generational betrayal. I cannot fathom the audacity of baby boomers who give younger generations any grief over their lack of material success. And no, I don't think millennials would have done any better in your shoes, boomer.

I like to imagine when my generation is a foot from the grave and cyborg judeo-muslim tranny agents of the state are stealing children of generation kappa-2 to use for their adrenochrome battery cells, that us elderly millennials will at least acknowledge our mistakes, if not repent.

Elipe

Pelican
@FrancisK thumbed down @DanielH's post where Daniel was talking about being potentially economically cut off while having children on the way.

That is the boomer way. Screw the 'lennials, they dissed my generation so let's cut off their entire livelihood and drive them into poverty because they won't do the thing that lets me live 10 seconds longer.

What is the matter with you, @FrancisK? My first instinct was to think about donating to @DanielH to help him stay afloat until he can get back on his feet, and here you are just thumbing down his post because he hurt your fee-fees with a fairly even-handed treatment of the boomer generation that even cast a few of them in a positive light (Gosar and Trump).

It's also fascinating to note that the boomer generation killed charity by turning it into a corrupt profit-generating machinery.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
@FrancisK thumbed down @DanielH's post where Daniel was talking about being potentially economically cut off while having children on the way.

That is the boomer way. Screw the 'lennials, they dissed my generation so let's cut off their entire livelihood and drive them into poverty because they won't do the thing that lets me live 10 seconds longer.

What is the matter with you, @FrancisK? My first instinct was to think about donating to @DanielH to help him stay afloat until he can get back on his feet, and here you are just thumbing down his post because he hurt your fee-fees with a fairly even-handed treatment of the boomer generation that even cast a few of them in a positive light (Gosar and Trump).

It's also fascinating to note that the boomer generation killed charity by turning it into a corrupt profit-generating machinery.

I am a millennial, the thumbs down obviously wasn’t for that part but nice try with the victim mentality, I took it down to save your feelings don’t worry.

But you’re the one getting upset over likes but then talking about my “fee fees”….? Odd…

Bunch of supposedly Christian adult conservative “strong red pill” men lamenting their parents because they didn’t coddle them enough and life didn’t turn out how they wanted because they weren’t handed enough by them. Don’t tell me the crap about who boomers voted for, our computer age brainwashing is what destroyed society more than anything.

This is all clown world right here….

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I am a millennial, the thumbs down obviously wasn’t for that part but nice try with the victim mentality, I took it down to save your feelings don’t worry.

But you’re the one getting upset over likes but then talking about my “fee fees”….? Odd…

Bunch of supposedly Christian adult conservative “strong red pill” men lamenting their parents because they didn’t coddle them enough and life didn’t turn out how they wanted because they weren’t handed enough by them. Don’t tell me the crap about who boomers voted for, our computer age brainwashing is what destroyed society more than anything.

This is all clown world right here….
  1. One cannot fight the boomer by positive means. He is negative, and this negative must be erased from the American system, or boomers will forever corrupt it.
  2. One cannot discuss the boomer question with boomers. One can hardly prove to a person that one has the duty to render him harmless.
  3. One cannot allow boomers the same means one would give an honest opponent, for he is no honorable opponent. The boomer will use generosity and nobility only to trap his enemy.
  4. The boomer has nothing to say about American questions. He is a consoomer who only enjoys the fruits of his children, opportunities that he always abuses.
  5. The so-called religious morality of the boomer is no morality at all, rather an encouragement to betrayal. Therefore, they have no claim to protection from the state.
  6. The boomer is not smarter than we are, rather only a product of his time. His system cannot be defeated economically — he follows entirely different moral principles than we do. It can only be broken through financial means.
  7. A boomer cannot insult the younger generation. Boomer slanders are but badges of honor for a younger opponent of the boomers.
  8. The more a millennial, zoomer, or silent opposes the boomer, the more valuable he is. If someone is attacked by the boomers, that is a sure sign of his virtue. He who is not persecuted by the boomers, or who is praised by them, is useless and dangerous.
  9. The boomer evaluates millennial questions from the boomer standpoint. As a result, the opposite of what he says must be true.
  10. One must either affirm or reject boomerism. He who defends the boomers harms his own children. One can only be a boomer lackey or a boomer opponent. Opposing the boomer a matter of personal survival.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Millions of young men are having their livelihoods taken away right now, and your interpretation of the situation is:

Bunch of supposedly Christian adult conservative “strong red pill” men lamenting their parents because they didn’t coddle them enough and life didn’t turn out how they wanted because they were handed enough by them.

This is clown world right here….

Okay. This is why we lose, because of the hyper individualism on our side. The strong, being put into a weak position by an evil empire, are mocked by the likes of @FrancisK . Meanwhile @Elipe , whom you indirectly refer to as "supposedly Christian" minutes before your comment sends me a DM with a prayer. That doesn't sound "supposedly Christian," that sounds resoundingly Christian.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
  1. One cannot fight the boomer by positive means. He is negative, and this negative must be erased from the American system, or boomers will forever corrupt it.
  2. One cannot discuss the boomer question with boomers. One can hardly prove to a person that one has the duty to render him harmless.
  3. One cannot allow boomers the same means one would give an honest opponent, for he is no honorable opponent. The boomer will use generosity and nobility only to trap his enemy.
  4. The boomer has nothing to say about American questions. He is a consoomer who only enjoys the fruits of his children, opportunities that he always abuses.
  5. The so-called religious morality of the boomer is no morality at all, rather an encouragement to betrayal. Therefore, they have no claim to protection from the state.
  6. The boomer is not smarter than we are, rather only a product of his time. His system cannot be defeated economically — he follows entirely different moral principles than we do. It can only be broken through financial means.
  7. A boomer cannot insult the younger generation. Boomer slanders are but badges of honor for a millennial opponent of the boomers.
  8. The more a millennial, zoomer, or silent opposes the boomer, the more valuable he is. If someone is attacked by the boomers, that is a sure sign of his virtue. He who is not persecuted by the boomers, or who is praised by them, is useless and dangerous.
  9. The boomer evaluates millennial questions from the boomer standpoint. As a result, the opposite of what he says must be true.
  10. One must either affirm or reject boomerism. He who defends the boomers harms his own children. One can only be a boomer lackey or a boomer opponent. Opposing the boomer a matter of personal survival.

What are those, your victim hood commandments? Did BLM write that for white men and you just changed the words around?

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Millions of young men are having their livelihoods taken away right now, and your interpretation of the situation is:

Okay. This is why we lose, because of the hyper individualism on our side. The strong, being put into a weak position by an evil empire, are mocked by the likes of @FrancisK . Meanwhile @Elipe , who you indirectly refer to as "supposedly Christian" minutes before your comment sends me a DM with a prayer. That doesn't sound "supposedly Christian," that sounds resoundingly Christian.

I’m not mocking anyone I’m telling you what is being written here in a context that isn’t a pity party so maybe you’ll see that and look at it in a different light. Despair is not useful

Elipe

Pelican
Bunch of supposedly Christian adult conservative “strong red pill” men lamenting their parents because they didn’t coddle them enough and life didn’t turn out how they wanted because they weren’t handed enough by them.
So is every generation just supposed to rediscover fire, reinvent the wheel, rediscover bronze, rediscover iron, rediscover electricity on their own?

Because we were coddled by our parents who gave us shelter from the elements that they didn't build themselves, who gave us warmth in the winter and cool air in the hot summer with HVAC systems they didn't build themselves, who gave or sold us their motor vehicles that they didn't build themselves. Inheritance is good. Inheritance is a godly concept, God believes in it. Children absolutely should benefit from what their parents built.

That includes a healthy economy geared around giving people the means of making a good living and living in fellowship with their neighbors. I'm one of the lucky few millennials that do well, and a lot of that was because I was blessed with boomer parents that didn't do the typical boomer things. They helped ensure that I would be in a good, secure position to raise a family, blessing them with grandchildren. I love them and I will give credit to them for what I have. They sacrificed a lot for me. I will make sacrifices for my kids too, and the coming times herald some really hard sacrifices on my part. I will not be selfish and squander my inheritance for myself. I will not cut down the family tree that produces fruits for my children. When that tree shrivels up, I will give what few fruits I can to my children and less for myself, while planting the seeds. And I will be joyful in doing so. I will not be grudgeful about my children benefiting from my inheritance.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
So is every generation just supposed to rediscover fire, reinvent the wheel, rediscover bronze, rediscover iron, rediscover electricity on their own?

Because we were coddled by our parents who gave us shelter from the elements that they didn't build themselves, who gave us warmth in the winter and cool air in the hot summer with HVAC systems they didn't build themselves, who gave or sold us their motor vehicles that they didn't build themselves. Inheritance is good. Inheritance is a godly concept, God believes in it. Children absolutely should benefit from what their parents built.

That includes a healthy economy geared around giving people the means of making a good living and living in fellowship with their neighbors. I'm one of the lucky few millennials that do well, and a lot of that was because I was blessed with boomer parents that didn't do the typical boomer things. They helped ensure that I would be in a good, secure position to raise a family, blessing them with grandchildren. I love them and I will give credit to them for what I have. They sacrificed a lot for me. I will make sacrifices for my kids too, and the coming times herald some really hard sacrifices on my part. I will not be selfish and squander my inheritance for myself. I will not cut down the family tree that produces fruits for my children. When that tree shrivels up, I will give what few fruits I can to my children and less for myself, while planting the seeds. And I will be joyful in doing so. I will not be grudgeful about my children benefiting from my inheritance.

Not interested in the dramatics but in regards to the economy there has been more opportunity the past 5 years than there has ever been in history. I’ve written long posts about in the thread about people who can’t find a job trying to give them inspiration and just like here it fell on deaf ears because it’s easier to be a victim.

The local fast food joint is hiring at $20 an hour.

You’re taking what I’m saying as an attack when it’s not, I want my brothers to be doing well and none of this garbage helps with that on any level. You want to be victims go for it but trust me it doesn’t get you anywhere.