The Boomer Question

Elipe

Pelican
Not interested in the dramatics
Because you have no argument.
The local fast food joint is hiring at $20 an hour.
That's a lot of money for a fast food joint. When I worked as a student employee in a professional field, I made $8 an hour. They must really be desperate. I wonder why they're desperate to find help. It can't have something to do with a certain fake plague, could it? Same plague that's now turning out mandates for a poisonous myocarditis shot where the myocarditis is a greater risk for the people in the age-group that tends to work at fast food joints?

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Not interested in the dramatics but in regards to the economy there has been more opportunity the past 5 years than there has ever been in history.
The local fast food joint is hiring at $20 an hour.
:squintlol::laughter::squintlol:

For most of the history of this country, let alone the world, you could go into the woods and start an enterprise or build a home out of nothing but trees and $7 dollars of equipment without needing a permit or worrying about zoning laws and you wouldn't be competing with illegal immigrants and Blackrock, what in the world are you talking about? By the way, the Homestead Act was in effect in the lower 48 until 1976, prime boomer territory. Now all the land is controlled.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Because you have no argument.

That's a lot of money for a fast food joint. When I worked as a student employee in a professional field, I made $8 an hour. They must really be desperate. I wonder why they're desperate to find help. It can't have something to do with a certain fake plague, could it? Same plague that's now turning out mandates for a poisonous myocarditis shot where the myocarditis is a greater risk for the people in the age-group that tends to work at fast food joints?

No because I don’t care about some worthless philosophical discussion about how someone else to blame for all of society’s woes.

The fast food job is obviously just a dumb example but it definitely plays when someone says there is no opportunity, coofid or not.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member

:squintlol::laughter::squintlol:

For most of the history of this country, let alone the world, you could go into the woods and start an enterprise or build a home out of nothing but trees and $7 dollars of equipment without needing a permit or worrying about zoning laws and you wouldn't be competing with illegal immigrants and Blackrock, what in the world are you talking about? By the way, the Homestead Act was in effect in the lower 48 until 1976, prime boomer territory. Now all the land is controlled.

Now you’re talking about building homes in the woods?

I’m out, good luck fellas…trust me victim mentality doesn’t get you anywhere it just holds you back.

No because I don’t care about some worthless philosophical discussion about how someone else to blame for all of society’s woes.

The fast food job is obviously just a dumb example but it definitely plays when someone says there is no opportunity, coofid or not.
$20 an hour isn't going to provide for a family with current inflation rates. It is good money for a high school kid or a college kid just wanting to supplement their lifestyle.

As for middle class jobs, they are disappearing as the country gets flooded with High IQ immigrants and/or H-1B visa workers. And even if there are openings, if you are an Asian Male or a White Male, you will be the last to be hired and the first to be let go when layoffs are needed.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Now you’re talking about building homes in the woods?

I’m out, good luck fellas…trust me victim mentality doesn’t get you anywhere it just holds you back.
No actual American would scoff at the idea of building a home in the woods.

It's strange to me you insult us for being victim crybabies and then laugh at the idea of building your own house in the woods while suggesting working in fast food for $20 an hour. Not an American thing to do.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I wrote this earlier in the thread, hopefully it helps someone get past this pity party garbage….

Post in thread 'The Boomer Question'
https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/the-boomer-question.36321/post-1474722
Dude, get a load of this guy. 1st gen immigrant thinking he has it good. No wonder you're so naive.

Let me give it to you straight, after the 40s, any marginally intelligent immigrant could achieve what you and your immigrant family did with HALF the effort and at twice the speed.

The fact that they keep this country's immigrant flood gates open is to fool folks like you into thinking you're getting it good when the people who have lived in this country for several generations know how much better it used to be.

Makes sense, because if you flood a country with immigrants they'll never know how good it used to be and continue to vote for the same crap that precipitates the decline.

Last edited:
Dude, get a load of this guy. 1st gen immigrant thinking he has it good. No wonder you're so naive.

Let me give it to you straight, after the 40s, any marginally intelligent immigrant could achieve what you and your immigrants family did with HALF the effort and at twice the speed.

The fact that they keep the country's immigrant flood gates open is to fool folks like you into thinking you're getting it good when the people who have lived in this country for several generations know how much better it used to be.

Makes sense, because if you flood a country with immigrants they'll never know how good it used to be and continue to vote for the same crap that precipitates the decline.

I think often of the life my Grandparents lived v. myself. They had time for Church, they had time for friends, they had time for family. They "sacrificed" by waiting until their mid 20's to get married. They worked hard, but always had time for a social life, for family, for friends, for community, and Church. And when they passed away they passed on a nice investment to my parents. They had new cars, a nice house, nice clothes, a good life to be proud of and I am glad they lived such a blessed life. They certainly were not lazy, they worked very hard, just not quite like I am forced to do.

I am now in my mid-40's. I have never had time for any of those good things. When I actually get free time I use it to rest or browse this forum or maybe veg out to some 1980's/90's TV show forgetting how miserable the world is around me. TBH, lately I will wake up at my early time and just go back to sleep, because sleep is more comfortable than facing reality today.

I couldn't afford the things my grandparents had in their 20's, after 20+ years of working 7 days a week and living like a college student. In fact, what my grandparents had is my dream. It is what keeps me going. That maybe someday too I can have a good life. I don't know if it is a fool's errand or not, but I don't have much quit in me so I keep going and stay as positive as I can. There have been some benefits to my life, but I would trade all of it in a heartbeat to have been 50 years older and lived in the real America and not this disaster we have today. And I know very well that as bad as things are today, how much worse they will be in 10/15/20 years. I truly weep for the children in the USA, the future they face is beyond dismal.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
No actual American would scoff at the idea of building a home in the woods.

It's strange to me you insult us for being victim crybabies and then laugh at the idea of building your own house in the woods while suggesting working in fast food for $20 an hour. Not an American thing to do.

I’m not laughing at actually having a house in the woods my family does own one and it’s lovely, I’m laughing at the idea of actually doing it in 2021 for $7 worth of tools as you said.

The past is dead and it’s not coming back, time to enter the real world. You guys made me out to be a jerk here just because I’m pushing back on a pity party….despair has no value to your life.

Last edited:
Ah, Francis is a first generation American. Makes sense. He naturally compares the America of today to whatever place his family fled. Yes, in America today there is more opportunity than Zimbabwe or whatever other shit hole you want to compare it to. Heritage Americans compare America of today to America of yesterday and the results speak for themselves. My great grandpa was a milk man in Chicago and lived comfortably and my grandpa retired to FL at age 55.

Last edited:
For me it isn't a pity party, it is just facing reality. Probably the two things I hate most about the conservative America mindset is...

#1) A sense of rugged individuality. Rugged individuality just means you will lose.
#2) A sense of "well, I got mine". When in fact most are in debt up to their eyeballs at the bank to pay for the lake house, boat, and Xburbs McMansion and they excuse it away as "this is the way it has always been" in the midst of an economic crisis.

I want more people, especially on the right to realize that individualism will get you crushed and that very few, if any of us, are living nearly as good as the middle class from two generations ago. And we are falling off the cliff, it is going to get a lot worse. So do what you can to prepare your kids for a very rough future.

I feel blessed and frustrated. Blessed to know what I know and be able to make good decisions based on it. Frustrated that more are not demanding more from the govt. and admitting that they in fact don't "have mine".

Elipe

Pelican
Ah, Francis is a first generation American. Makes sense. He naturally compares the America of today to whatever place his family fled. Yes, in America today there is more opportunity than Zimbabwe or whatever other shit hole you want to compare it to. Heritage Americans compare America of today to America of yesterday and the results speak for themselves. My great grandpa was a milk man in Chicago and lived comfortably and my grandpa retired to FL at age 55.
He's Middle-Eastern as the below quote from another thread shows:
You’re missing a big caveat there, we are western Christians not middle eastern Christians. My parents and family are middle eastern Christians, we are not considered the same as them and we are not welcome there trust me.

You wouldn’t be killed on the spot for being Christian you would be killed for being a western Christian.

But you keep idolizing those taliban, I’m sure they would love to have you, you know….because memes.
So yeah, considering the state of the Middle East, his family really did come from a relative hell hole. No wonder he lacks perspective in this thread. His kind is part of what has reduced the US to the state it is in today, and he has said that he has no interest at all in building America back to what our close ancestors made it.

And people wonder why there is rising white nationalism in the West. This thread is exhibit A for why.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member

So yeah, considering the state of the Middle East, his family really did come from a relative hell hole. No wonder he lacks perspective in this thread. His kind is part of what has reduced the US to the state it is in today, and he has said that he has no interest at all in building America back to what our close ancestors made it.

And people wonder why there is rising white nationalism in the West. This thread is exhibit A for why.

My kind huh? Man are you sure revealing yourself to be trash.

But wait a minute….I thought your close ancestors destroyed america? Isnt that what this entire thread is about?? You keep changing the topic to anything you can trying for justification.

I’m an American buddy and proud to be, my parents were from Iraq. I know my culture well and I’m proud of my deep rich culture as any man should be but I’m an American first, this is my country and it’s the greatest country on earth. Also the Iraq my parents left is not the Iraq the media tells you about now, I hope you’re not that ignorant…..kinda ironic as the Iraq they left is kind like the life you guys are clamoring for now. Never once said I didn’t want America to be what it once was, you’re just reaching at this point trying to attack my character with anything you can.

The fact that you took it here just because I’m telling you to stop blaming others because your life didn’t turn out the way you wanted is sad and says a lot more about you than it does about me.

My point is one that you need to make things happen and stop worrying about the past or what someone else did. Your points are to attack and justify your despair, you want to be a victim.

You guys want me to say “oh you’re right life sucks it’s the boomers fault and we should fixate on that and blame them for everything, we did nothing wrong”. Fine have at it, that is worthless and will do nothing but hold you back but hey it’s your life to live I suppose so see how far it gets you. I have a feeling you’re going to be posting in this thread for a very very long time….

Elipe

Pelican
I’m an American buddy and proud to be, my parents were from Iraq
No, you're not an American. You're a Paper-American, and your posts make it very clear that you share very little in common with us.
I know my culture well and I’m proud of my deep rich culture as any man should be
Tell me, which deep rich culture is that? Is it the one with heroic tales of George Washington, Patrick Henry, and Paul Revere? With heartfelt tales about frontiersmen and settlers taming the Wild West and mining for gold? And furthermore, having a cultural cornerstone in the Magna Carta?

Last edited:

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
No, you're not an American. You're a Paper-American, and your posts make it very clear that you share very little in common with us.

Tell me, which deep rich culture is that? Is it the one with heroic tales of George Washington, Patrick Henry, and Paul Revere? With heartfelt tales about frontiersmen and settlers taming the Wild West and mining for gold? And furthermore, having a cultural cornerstone in the Magna Carta?

Haha I am 100% an American sorry to break it to you big guy! Sounds like your definition of an American is someone who failed at life and wants to blame others for their woes because that is what has offended you so deeply here, that I’m not allowing you to do that. So cute that you keep changing the topic and attacking me, the behavior of women and children when they refuse to face something.

I see where you’re going with this obviously and I’m not going to indulge garbage but I’ll ask you just one thing…..

What would you say to the founder of this forum?

No so sure he can trace his ancestors back to the mayflower either….

Last edited:

Elipe

Pelican
What would you say to the founder of this forum?
Nothing that his good friend Vox Day wouldn't say to him.
I see where you’re going with this obviously
Good, then I've established my point here. We do not share a common culture. As @phluff127 said, your point of reference is limited by your nature as a first-generation immigrant. America is better than anything you or your parents experienced. America is not better than anything I or my parents experienced. I want America to be as good for me as it was for my parents. That's why this thread exists.

Last edited:

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member

Just take solace in the fact that most paper "americans" like him will flee the second American internal strife turns hot (especially regarding the vaccines and their purpose). They fled their shit holes once and they'll do it again when it gets tough.

Last edited:

Caduceus

Pelican
This thread is getting seriously de-railed in petty and stupid back and forth minutiae.
Which is a shame because the overall topic is both interesting and very relevant to our times as the boomer generation is dying off and Generation X slowly takes over.

Lets try to get this thread back on track.

scaled.php

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
This thread is getting seriously de-railed in petty and stupid back and forth minutiae.
Which is a shame because the overall topic is both interesting and very relevant to our times as the boomer generation is dying off and Generation X slowly takes over.

Lets try to get this thread back on track.

scaled.php
Agreed, what's been said about boomers has been said. It's time to start talking about their enablers and sycophants.
Especially considering that half of Gen X are proto boomers anyway.

Last edited: