The Boomer Question

Boomers are content to die with their pleasures and mistakes never recognized, nor even identifying that they were duped by false pretenses into pursuing a life of whatever believing it could last throughout the generations. They were fooled, their children became emotional wrecks and homosexuals, and their grandchildren became nihilists and science experiments. The sins of the father definitely visited upon the following generations.

Life for Christ first, the faith, then family and nation, and none of these mistakes will happen. Blessings will abound.

Mr Gibbs

Woodpecker
love em or hate em the one thing they got going for them is that they’re predictably entertaining, I was at a car show and these geriatric goofballs would be driving down the road on a Harley or some muscle car blasting Guns N’ Roses, Bon Jovi or Journey, shades and leather jacket on, eyes fixed straightforward, no f’s givin, driving so confidently that even I’d start to believe they were rebels against the system.

Gremlin

Robin
love em or hate em the one thing they got going for them is that they’re predictably entertaining, I was at a car show and these geriatric goofballs would be driving down the road on a Harley or some muscle car blasting Guns N’ Roses, Bon Jovi or Journey, shades and leather jacket on, eyes fixed straightforward, no f’s givin, driving so confidently that even I’d start to believe they were rebels against the system.
The manufactured image is everything when your society has no worthwhile culture.

It's a shame that less than 2% of the population understands this.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
The manufactured image is everything when your society has no worthwhile culture.

It's a shame that less than 2% of the population understands this.

Yeah, pretty much everythign in modern post war popular culture has been some form of identity consumer culture. Maybe there was a degree of the organic at one point, but now it's essentially fancy dress.

The saddest are the people in the sub-cults who never grew out of it. 60 year old skinheads,, mods, northern soul fans, punks wearing exactly the same fashions, same haircuts, same music, same cliches, and still thinking they're 'keeping it real'.

Something particularly desperate about it. Never growing up, Peter Pan cases, trapped in a period of time they're desperate to try and relive, existing on the fumes of their memories of when life felt 'real'.

Sevomoz

Chicken
Yeah, pretty much everythign in modern post war popular culture has been some form of identity consumer culture. Maybe there was a degree of the organic at one point, but now it's essentially fancy dress.

The saddest are the people in the sub-cults who never grew out of it. 60 year old skinheads,, mods, northern soul fans, punks wearing exactly the same fashions, same haircuts, same music, same cliches, and still thinking they're 'keeping it real'.

Something particularly desperate about it. Never growing up, Peter Pan cases, trapped in a period of time they're desperate to try and relive, existing on the fumes of their memories of when life felt 'real'.
I hear what you're saying but what about preserving and passing on a worthwhile culture, even as a niche.

I'm not English but I reside in Detroit and I'm fascinated with Northern Soul. I enjoy watching videos of boomers sharing the culture with young people.

For the past 60-80 years there have been two clear societal/economic trends

1. The accumulation of more wealth in the hands of less people. This can also be labeled 'late stage capitalism' and is the logical outcome of finance capitalism and a hijacked political system.

2. A clear generational divide whereas the post war generation is the biggest voting block and holds many political levers. This coincides with certain macro-economic and demographic trends that all pan out in their favor

It also has to be said that this generation has absolutely no qualms with razing the housing market, health care system, educational system and pension system to the point where it most likely won't exist anymore after they pass away

How anyone can deny these objective realities is beyond me, and quite frankly I thought that we had moved beyond this stage by now.

E9xNEcxXIAQ9Dob.png

Seeker79

Kingfisher
For the past 60-80 years there have been two clear societal/economic trends

1. The accumulation of more wealth in the hands of less people. This can also be labeled 'late stage capitalism' and is the logical outcome of finance capitalism and a hijacked political system.

2. A clear generational divide whereas the post war generation is the biggest voting block and holds many political levers. This coincides with certain macro-economic and demographic trends that all pan out in their favor

It also has to be said that this generation has absolutely no qualms with razing the housing market, health care system, educational system and pension system to the point where it most likely won't exist anymore after they pass away

How anyone can deny these objective realities is beyond me, and quite frankly I thought that we had moved beyond this stage by now.

View attachment 33718
Couple this with the fact that rich boomers generally hate to spend any money. I'm not talking about sensible saving here. Boomers with $10M+ retirement portfolios are clipping coupons and bulk buying beans and rice to keep expenses down. (Go browse the Bogleheads forums). This means that most of their wealth is locked in their portfolios and is not being injected into the economy. All while complaining about how people 50 and younger are not spending enough to keep the consumer economy healthy enough. Doesn't help that millennials and zoomers continue to buy the latest iPhone on debt while eating out every night of the week.

Another little thing that high net worth boomers do is they take loans backed by their assets instead of realizing capital gains or distributing estate to children. This means that boomers are double dipping into the market gains. Historic low interest coupled with record high markets means that boomers are using step-up rules on their estate transfers and locking in those capital gains without having to cash out all the while using the government and society at large to underwrite their low interest loans that continue to fuel their elite lifestyle.

Societal divide in the U.S. has never been greater.

1. One cannot fight the boomer by positive means. He is negative, and this negative must be erased from the American system, or boomers will forever corrupt it.
  2. One cannot discuss the boomer question with boomers. One can hardly prove to a person that one has the duty to render him harmless.
  3. One cannot allow boomers the same means one would give an honest opponent, for he is no honorable opponent. The boomer will use generosity and nobility only to trap his enemy.
  4. The boomer has nothing to say about American questions. He is a consoomer who only enjoys the fruits of his children, opportunities that he always abuses.
  5. The so-called religious morality of the boomer is no morality at all, rather an encouragement to betrayal. Therefore, they have no claim to protection from the state.
  6. The boomer is not smarter than we are, rather only a product of his time. His system cannot be defeated economically — he follows entirely different moral principles than we do. It can only be broken through financial means.
  7. A boomer cannot insult the younger generation. Boomer slanders are but badges of honor for a younger opponent of the boomers.
  8. The more a millennial, zoomer, or silent opposes the boomer, the more valuable he is. If someone is attacked by the boomers, that is a sure sign of his virtue. He who is not persecuted by the boomers, or who is praised by them, is useless and dangerous.
  9. The boomer evaluates millennial questions from the boomer standpoint. As a result, the opposite of what he says must be true.
  10. One must either affirm or reject boomerism. He who defends the boomers harms his own children. One can only be a boomer lackey or a boomer opponent. Opposing the boomer a matter of personal survival.
Is this a parody of something? If you made this up this is genuinely one of the funniest things I've read on this forum

MRAll134

Pelican
Vox Day wrote an article on Boomers today.

Locally, I went out for a walk yesterday and 8 out of 10 people were Boomers. No children, a few Gen X'ers and Millenials - but tonnes of Boomers. They are the only ones who have free time (retirement funds, vacation funds). But, I won't stoke the resentment anymore (vice of wrath):

You Shouldn’t Hate Us
Of all the Boomers that ever Boomed, this Boomer has written what appears to be the most Boomeriffic editorial to ever appear in print.

Baby boomers who cried “Don’t Trust Anyone Over 30” during the Vietnam War should be scared to death of millennials. Because, at least among the Twitterati, they hate us — they really, really hate us:

Last week I took a beating from younger readers over an essay I wrote lamenting the decline of the “power lunch.” Although it only partly blamed the phenomenon on millennial habits — e.g., preferring avocado and kale to beef and baked potatoes — hundreds of thousands on Twitter either posted or retweeted such insults as “Old man yells at lunch table” (I’m 69), “What’s it like to be an antique?” and “We’re the ones doing the actual lunches while you’re having three-martini lunches.”

Millennials (and to some extent their Gen-X and Gen-Z brethren) hate their elders with a ferocity never before seen in our culture. Egged on by the media-savvy likes of 16-year-old Greta Thunberg, they blame prolonged heat waves on boomers who supposedly stood by and cheered as the Earth went up in flames. The phrase “OK BOOMER” has now become young people’s “repeated retort to the problem of older people who just don’t get it,” marking “the end of friendly generational relations,” The New York Times declared last week. According to the article, a teen designer has already sold $10,000 worth of sweatshirts with the “OK BOOMER” slogan repeated many times on the front, ending with the line, “Have a terrible day.”

Generation gaps will always be with us. Historian Marc Wortman found a generational split over sending young men off to war way back in 1941. But unlike those of us who came of age in the 1960s-early 1970s, who merely disapproved of our elders’ “colonialist” wars and shag rugs, millennials (born between 1980-1994) can’t stand the air we boomers breathe.

Too many millennials whine that their complacent elders bequeathed them a rotten America and a rotten world — economic malaise that will leave them with lousier lives than their parents and a planet on fire from climate change. But if they spent more time studying actual history, which can’t easily be found on iPhones, they’d know that boomers were, and remain, the most socially and environmentally conscious generation America ever has ever known.

It’s hilarious, and ever-so-typical, that the Boomer STILL doesn’t realize that Generation X hates the Boomers far more than the Millennials ever have or than the Zoomers ever will. This Boomer will literally go to his grave completely bewildered by the fact that literally none of the younger generations think he’s cool, look up to him, respect him, or even like him a tiny little bit. If he thinks the Millennial hatred for Boomers is extreme, well, let’s just say he’s going to need a considerably bigger adjective to reasonably describe Generation X’s opinion of them.

It’s incredible, and yet ever-so-typical, that he actually thinks it is whining for the younger generations to object in any way to having had both their nation and their world destroyed by a wicked generation that aggressively devalued the very faith, traditions, and morals on which both were resting. He doesn’t realize that Boomers being “the most socially and environmentally conscious generation America ever has ever known” isn’t an excuse or a defense, it’s an unwitting confession of guilt.

I’d give him six of five pillows for this one, just to be sure.

bucky

Ostrich
That is why I continue to work 7 days a week, for over 20 years now. Well, coming up on 22 years. It is exhausting. But I do it because I want children. Sure, I can afford to have children now, but what will I pass on to them? A third world hell hole and no chance to escape? I want to pass something on, so I keep working, saving, investing, so if I do have children they might have a fighting chance.
Are you still "working 7 days a week because you want kids" with the idea that you need to have enough money saved to never work again before you actually, you know, have kids? If so, I feel like you should mention that explicitly every time you try to black pill other men here on the idea of having a family. I've never met or heard of anyone who did it that way and the fact that you're approaching it like that makes it very hard to believe you're actually serious about wanting a family. Men who want kids just get married and have kids while holding down a job and figuring it out on the way. “

Admittedly, now that forced vaccinations are almost here, I'm a lot more worried about how I'll provide for my family too. Still, "ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Edit: Speaking of third-world hell holes, one thing that men do in actual third-world hell holes is have kids. And their kids go on with their lives, such as they are. Don't be afraid, or at least stop trying to drag other men into living in fear like you. The USA is not a "third world hell hole." Could it become one? Maybe, but that has nothing to do with having or not having kids.

Last edited:

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
Throughout this thread there is the accusation of boomers giving "bad life advice", expressed in different ways. This is my main gripe, I know they are also guilty of financially stealing from the future generation but I have not personally felt that one. Specifically, that accusation which bothers me should be reworded as follows:

forcefully giving bad life advice to the next generation

Leading them up the garden path, sabotaging them. I suppose I am sad and sour about it as I unfortunately took a lot of the advice and much regret what feels like a diverted life path. I am now somewhat on track, it's not that bad but still working to repair the problems caused by that forceful bad life advice. From reading, it sounds like many forum members were lucky to completely ignore the boomer's life advice.

Actually, I never realised till recently that that bad life advice was generalised to the boomer generation, I thought it was just a handful of people I had the misfortune of having as parents and mentors. Then as I perused this thread and maybe some others, I started seeing comments and suddenly it seemed that many others may have also been led up the garden path by boomers.

It is probably other details about these people than just their generation, but I think that was part of it. Not sure if forcefully giving bad life advice is a boomer trait or not.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
Are you still "working 7 days a week because you want kids" with the idea that you need to have enough money saved to never work again before you actually, you know, have kids? If so, I feel like you should mention that explicitly every time you try to black pill other men here on the idea of having a family. I've never met or heard of anyone who did it that way and the fact that you're approaching it like that makes it very hard to believe you're actually serious about wanting a family. Men who want kids just get married and have kids while holding down a job and figuring it out on the way. “

Admittedly, now that forced vaccinations are almost here, I'm a lot more worried about how I'll provide for my family too. Still, "ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Edit: Speaking of third-world hell holes, one thing that men do in actual third-world hell holes is have kids. And their kids go on with their lives, such as they are. Don't be afraid, or at least stop trying to drag other men into living in fear like you. The USA is not a "third world hell hole." Could it become one? Maybe, but that has nothing to do with having or not having kids.
Great points Bucky.

Isn't it ironic that those in the world almost ironically live more fulfilling lives? Sure there is a lot of hardship because of real material needs but they seem focused on living every day to the fullest; maintain actual communities; and have children having full trust in their God. Compare this to the hyper-educated urban or suburban American who has extreme anxiety about "being able to afford kids" or "lifestyle impacts." For American women this means they build powerpoints for corporate masters until they hit 35; and for men it's often a situation where he is working double shifts and 60+ hour weeks in order to feel secure enough to build a family.

I'm working 7 days a week so that I can feel comfortable having children. After the GOP had the Presidency, the Senate, the House and the Supreme Court and didn't get one damn thing done, I realized exactly how much trouble we are in. Or at least White Men are in. I am in a field being decimated by diversity, H-1B, and legal immigration. My weekend work is being decimated by illegal immigration. It is a race to the bottom that I could see coming nearly 20 years ago and even I am amazed at how bad things are.

I ask men in other fields and at other companies if it is better there. It sounds like this is a national trend across any high skill field. The novice advice is to get into the trades and move to a rural area. That is my family's background and they wanted me to escape it for a reason. That wasn't even the answer 30 years ago, and all those immigrants could be trained in a few months to replace you for half the pay. The rural areas are hurting badly. I'm not saying this to black pill people, it is a fact of life. If you can make the trad dream work, awesome, but if you haven't tried living it yet, I think you (not you but anyone reading this) might be in for disappointment.

Just this weekend I heard a story about another company. There is some Federal Govt. program where if the company hires a Black female manager they get a tax break. The tax break is big enough that the company offered their managers a 5% bonus if they hired a Black female manager under them. One was hired over a team in IT and it was such a disaster that the entire team quit. No biggie to the company, they went out and brought in a bunch of immigrants and some H-1B visa workers. If it is this bad in 2021, how bad will it be by 2030? And LOL if anyone thinks you can vote in the magic guy to stop any of this. That was already done and the magic guy and his team got run over by a train.

As I said above, I do this work so I am comfortable having children. I am very K-Select. If I just spit out kids without preparing for them, like the r-select third world does, I couldn't live with the guilt. I would hate myself so much for doing that to my children. Also my body is beaten down from a few different things and manual labor is all but out the window for me. So I am trying to get myself into a position where I either don't work or work what little I can, before I have kids. Add in the reality is there is not one woman in the world who would be happy with their husband on the mend while they work their fingers to the bone, and that is what I am facing.

One of the reasons I have recommended Edward Dutton for so long is he can scientifically, and yet at the same time explain it in layman's terms, why humans are so different and why a K-Select person will not be comfortable living a r-select life. The Faustian spirit is real and I could never set my kids up for such failure and actually feel good about myself.

I think I am in a very unique situation here. I am old enough to have lived as an adult around boomers. I have stayed single and childless and "on the scene" so that I relate to young people. I probably communicate with more people under 30 that almost anyone my age. I am from a rural area with tons of rural roots, yet I live in a metro area. I could see this coming not long after 9/11 because I was already seeking out foreign people to learn more about other countries. What Roosh was doing 15 years ago, I was learning about nearly 20 years ago. I knew the USA was cooked a long time ago. So I started working 7 days a week and kept doing it, because I already had this knowledge. With all that said....

I don't share what I know on this forum to black pill anyone. I share it because I am blessed to have the knowledge and I feel it is my duty to share with other men who are struggling and asking "what do we do now?".

What do we do now? We make sure every day is used to build and fight forward because the days of ease that the boomers enjoyed are over. And at this point you are best off to just let any boomer advice go in one ear and out the other and keep fighting your battle. If you or your family are immigrants, keep one foot in the other country. It might look A LOT better over the next few years. If you are not an immigrant then baton down the hatches, because it will get bumpy and there is no running from this. It is global.

Caduceus

Pelican
Throughout this thread there is the accusation of boomers giving "bad life advice", expressed in different ways. This is my main gripe, I know they are also guilty of financially stealing from the future generation but I have not personally felt that one. Specifically, that accusation which bothers me should be reworded as follows:

forcefully giving bad life advice to the next generation

Leading them up the garden path, sabotaging them. I suppose I am sad and sour about it as I unfortunately took a lot of the advice and much regret what feels like a diverted life path. I am now somewhat on track, it's not that bad but still working to repair the problems caused by that forceful bad life advice. From reading, it sounds like many forum members were lucky to completely ignore the boomer's life advice.

Actually, I never realised till recently that that bad life advice was generalised to the boomer generation, I thought it was just a handful of people I had the misfortune of having as parents and mentors. Then as I perused this thread and maybe some others, I started seeing comments and suddenly it seemed that many others may have also been led up the garden path by boomers.

It is probably other details about these people than just their generation, but I think that was part of it. Not sure if forcefully giving bad life advice is a boomer trait or not.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.

Giving incorrect, awful, (and sometimes even dangerous) life advice to the younger generations is in my opinion the worst offence of the boomer generation. On top of that they continue giving bad life advice to this very day.

I can forgive most of the other boomer offences as they were the first true victims of globohomo propaganda being the 1st generation growing up with non stop television and movies, but the fact that they never wised up and got smart (even in their old age) is a true testament to how clueless and arrogant they are. They never want to openly admit they got duped or made mistakes.

Luckily many of us did not follow the awful boomer advice, or if we did, we quickly realised it was both silly, unrealistic, and downright counterproductive and radically changed course. Those unfortunate younger people that did follow the boomer advice, now find themselves in complex and oppressing financial, marital, and legal entanglements which dominate their lives in a very negative way. Especially men.

There are exceptions to boomers giving bad life advice of course...but you have to look real hard to find them.

Last edited:

Zach

Chicken
The awful advice is a top boomer failure. ie) go to college at all costs, no matter how much debt, sleep around and "have fun" while you are young, get married when you're 35, kids can wait, buy yourself a nice car. These are the big ones, but there are hundreds...

However, one of my biggest gripes with boomers is their insane levels of pride. I've never met a boomer that can admit a younger millenial/gen Z is smarter than themself or admit the younger person was right and THEY were wrong about something. This also reared its ugly head in their abusive parenting, where they were so insecure as to never "appear weak to their children" by apologizing/ making amends for anything.They always come from a sense of superiority, as if we must bow down to them and their elder wisdom. IMO they are the first generation where the elder is oftentimes far less wise than their children, because they were indoctrinated through the TV, and we were on the free internet in our formative years.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
However, one of my biggest gripes with boomers is their insane levels of pride. I've never met a boomer that can admit a younger millenial/gen Z is smarter than themself or admit the younger person was right and THEY were wrong about something. This also reared its ugly head in their abusive parenting, where they were so insecure as to never "appear weak to their children" by apologizing/ making amends for anything.They always come from a sense of superiority, as if we must bow down to them and their elder wisdom.
As mentioned above, I am constantly seeing elements of my experience in this thread. An arrogance and forcefullness towards the young and impressionable.

I don't get quite the mechanism by which it all happened. I recently read this book The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity. It went into enormous detail about the background and philosophy of specific feminists who were very militant from the start of the 1960s. So you had the war, but the 1950s were seen as a most idyllic, perfect decade. In that book the author mentions how the 1950s seemed stable on the outside but something was brewing but she didn't really address how something seeming so perfect was so short-lived and toppled by subversion so easily.

I'm not a history buff, but am just a bit curious to get inside the head of someone who was born in say 1950, what were they thinking when they were 8, what were they thinking when they were 15. What did their parents say to them about the war, and how did the culture manage to take such a turn in the 1960s?

I suppose I care as that is basically my parents generation, also aunts and uncles, and some father figures. I am now more or less estranged from them all so am not really going to get in touch and ask.

magaman

Woodpecker
The awful advice is a top boomer failure. ie) go to college at all costs, no matter how much debt, sleep around and "have fun" while you are young, get married when you're 35, kids can wait, buy yourself a nice car. These are the big ones, but there are hundreds...

However, one of my biggest gripes with boomers is their insane levels of pride. I've never met a boomer that can admit a younger millenial/gen Z is smarter than themself or admit the younger person was right and THEY were wrong about something. This also reared its ugly head in their abusive parenting, where they were so insecure as to never "appear weak to their children" by apologizing/ making amends for anything.They always come from a sense of superiority, as if we must bow down to them and their elder wisdom. IMO they are the first generation where the elder is oftentimes far less wise than their children, because they were indoctrinated through the TV, and we were on the free internet in our formative years.
I've noticed a lot of these things too. Luckily my own father knows that a lot of today's problems are his own generation's fault but he still has told me at least some of these things. Mostly the wait to get married and kids can wait part. He's still a boomer at heart and he's not perfect nor is he very religious (but knows much about the topic) but he knows how to assess people fairly and to put the blame where it belongs.