The Boomer Question

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
TigerMandingo said:
No one gives a shit about the deficit. Sorry, man.

You will be . . . sorry. How many people, or businesses, have you ever seen successfully run deficits like that and survive financially? The answer is none.

How many countries have ever financially survived such sustained deficits without tremendous social and economic upheaval? The answer is none.

Not a single one. In all of human history.

Yes, theoretically it can be avoided if politicians agreed to both raise taxes and cut social welfare spending. But the odds of that happening is almost zero.

Our society is so dumbed-down that even the obvious is now controversial. There will be a Great Reset. Most will suffer. Some will thrive.

Eusebius

Hummingbird
Gold Member
It's nice if there's a state that gives a shit about educating its people. What if that state is degenerate, corrupt and sees a certain sector as serfs to be kept down? Education belongs to families and communities. You think the Amish trust the state to teach them to raise barns? You think the medieval Jews who rose to prominence as gold or diamond crafters got a government-sponsored apprenticeship?

TigerMandingo said:
Tail Gunner said:
Modern society is proof of the State's failure.

Failure? When is the last time you've been outside?

Our roads, highways, infrastructure are all functioning. I wonder who erected those? Electric grid works pretty good. People aren't cannibalizing each other. I know on the internet it's "muh we're all doomed" and "muh free markets!" but the real world is quite different.

The state serves a lot more purpose than "protecting the citizenry" (whatever the hell that means).

The infrastructure is crumbling very quickly. Roads are in horrible conditions, to the point it is becoming a topic more popular than the weather. All I hear people talk about is all the potholes and the meaningless excuses the politicians give for our roads looking like a war zone. The real reason is all the wealth floated to the top and stays there and everyone else, who isn't a billionaire, is treated like cattle and worked to the bone.

The rate things are getting worse, it certainly will not be much longer. The power grid is very outdated, to the point I broke down and bought a small generator because I am sick of losing power every other month. The cities are becoming urban sprawls with people moving an hour trip away from work just to get away from the growing violence. People want to move back to small towns to get away from it, but there are no jobs in these small towns.

I personally don't know one man who has lived in the USA for their entire life and is over 35 years old that thinks this country has a safe future. That is how obviously bad things are, and I am not talking about red pill Roosh posters. I mean just the average guy trying to work in a cubicle and take his kids to soccer practice in the evening.

fenetre said:
You think the victory of whig capitalism (state-sponsored usury) over communism is a good thing? That's like asking whether I'd like HIV or syphillis.

I'll take syphilis, easily cured with a one week course of antibiotics.
HIV is for life.

It_is_my_time said:
TigerMandingo said:
Tail Gunner said:
Modern society is proof of the State's failure.

Failure? When is the last time you've been outside?

Our roads, highways, infrastructure are all functioning. I wonder who erected those? Electric grid works pretty good. People aren't cannibalizing each other. I know on the internet it's "muh we're all doomed" and "muh free markets!" but the real world is quite different.

The state serves a lot more purpose than "protecting the citizenry" (whatever the hell that means).

The infrastructure is crumbling very quickly. Roads are in horrible conditions, to the point it is becoming a topic more popular than the weather. All I hear people talk about is all the potholes and the meaningless excuses the politicians give for our roads looking like a war zone. The real reason is all the wealth floated to the top and stays there and everyone else, who isn't a billionaire, is treated like cattle and worked to the bone.

The globalists are extremely prolific at milking public resources dry but you really need to dig on your own to find out about it.

They usually have some public official fall guys who take the blame or a gaslit into taking responsibility if it ever comes to light at all.

We're talking about all kinds of shady financial deals that are marketed as beneficial to local government entities while actually bleeding them dry with usury or straight up legalized theft, to mass privatization and deregulation and we all know how that turns out for average joe...

Former public housing studios that looks straight from some soviet shithole for 350k in London anyone?

Commiefornia electric crisis anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_electricity_crisis

Any place where the globalists congregate generally quickly fall into despair with locals wondering what the hell happened as the globalists always operate in the shadows with tight media control and tight government official control if they aren't globalists themselves.

The globalists are like a tribe of power hungry BPD women that will stop at nothing to get what they want, all while maintaining a facade of respectability.

Just like letting a BPD woman into your life, there is no winning with globalists no matter how much you try to appease them.

I'm pretty sure in a decade any real information about their crimes will be washed off google and history will be re-written as usual.

To get back to the boomer question:

Any generation has propaganda / media outlets tailored to them that the previous generation barely follows while the new generation laps it up on a daily basis.

Just like my parents, I never watch movies and don't consume any kind of media except newspaper websites once a while, so I'm barely informed about the ever escalating degeneracy pushed as normal to the new generation, which still has the thirst for media and fake reality provided by it.

Oak

Robin
Deepdiver said:
Boomers born from 1946 to 1964 were the largest cohort to be drafted and forced to serve in Vietnam and over 50,000 never made it home -

This is like praising the generation of Italians who lost in Ethiopia. In the context of humanity it was a tragedy, but in the context of warfare Vietnam was a pathetic defeat. Boomers were not a warrior generation and the Viet Cong exposed and humiliated them.

The boomers achieved nothing in warfare, culture or technological development (someone listed their inventions on Vox's blog and it was schocking how little they actually invented/discovered).

Worse than that, they didn't even preserve what was handed down to them, but instead drained every last drop from the civilisation they inherited out of pure greed, leaving a bloodless lifeless corpse to their descendents.

The final death from the Boomer's solipsism will be multiples of Vietnam.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Oak said:
This is like praising the generation of Italians who lost in Ethiopia. In the context of humanity it was a tragedy, but in the context of warfare Vietnam was a pathetic defeat. Boomers were not a warrior generation and the Viet Cong exposed and humiliated them.

Boomers lost Vietnam because of a limited ROE, the anti-war movement, and terrible planning... usual suspects behind that. If it weren't for the anti-war movement, then there is 0 chance that the US would have lost/withdrew.

Oak said:
Worse than that, they didn't even preserve what was handed down to them, but instead drained every last drop from the civilisation they inherited out of pure greed, leaving a bloodless lifeless corpse to their descendents.

This is the real tragedy. We should have been colonizing Mars by now.

All that said, I know the real culprit. But I generally don't like boomers because they have 0 awareness.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Damn, I should invest in psychiatry clinics because when all of these entitled Millenial bubbles burst there will be fortunes to be made in psych meds and services.

kruger41

Sparrow
Deepdiver said:
Damn, I should invest in psychiatry clinics because when all of these entitled Millenial bubbles burst there will be fortunes to be made in psych meds and services.

Wishful thinking becomes dangerous when it is unmoored from reality.

The old paradigms are over, and they're not coming back. It's more productive to look at the world as it is, as opposed to the way you wish it was.

Deepdiver said:

My POV is: Boomers seriously feel entitled to the mc mansion life and millennials felt entitled to the same chances as their parents but those in their late 20s / early 30s have either gone full SJW - the elite approved rage outlet for a shitty dead end no future life or accepted that they will never live like their parents and at best own a tiny studio apartment in a big city if they snatch up one of the few coveted jobs that get them on some sort of career path.

The shift of all production from western countries to China in the 80s and the effects of globalization caught boomers off guard and the elites carefully isolated most of them from it's effects to create this generational conflict where everything was easy for boomers and is impossibly hard for millenials and zoomers (insane job competition and neck deep in debt for college education).

The only ones that escaped not demotivated are those with wealthy parents that made sure their kid goes the elite private school track and those with zero parental guidance like me that realized early on that the employment market is seriously fucked and you just need to roll with whatever, have zero loyalty to dead end jobs and have zero expectations towards a stable future.

To women this had the effects that borderline retarded cuck boomer daddy was a career guy who had everything under control while millenial guys are all poor powerless losers in comparison, which immediately eliminated the beta bucks market place and the age where even the most dedicated beta has anything to show for his work has been pushed further and further.

The elite engineering is just astonishing and if you read on China changing to capitalism with communist characteristics you quickly realize that the elites coerced them into it to create the near total shift of production and wealth to a previous enemy country and I don't think many people realize just how tough this made the economy in western countries - with the springboard to the middle class and beyond being completely removed and replaced with insane debts for a watered down version of higher education.

911 said:
Psychiatry clinics and therapy are such Boomer products.

Therapy yes, that's complete bs, that substitutes for honest advice from family and friends. Only someone supremely narcissistic would pay for someone to listen to them moan for 60 minutes. Now, I do believe there are cases where an objective listener could be beneficial, mostly regarding long term damage from child abuse and neglect. In all other cases, BS.

As for psychiatry clinics, I hope you have a plan for what to do with the crazies. Here's a red pill: Crazy people are not misunderstood people, they're nuts and will make life misery for anyone who is around them. Unless medicated or living under very isolated, very controlled, very sad conditions. I hate to say this having seen more than a few crazies, but it's true. I've seen the miraculous effect that anti-psychotics can have on scizophrenics.

it's often a choice between allowing people ones to succumb to substance abuse and homelessness or make them take a drug that has side effects but allow them to live decent lives. Psychiatry should look into CBD and other new drugs, not go in the other direction. Unfortunately quite a few schizophrenics end up hurting, sometimes killing, innocent people. Can't allow that. You're just walking along and suddenly some schizo decides to stab you in the gut.

Is 911 a Tom Cruise? Granted I could understand the possible objections to psychoanalysis or Sigmund Freud and his disciples.

Psychiatry boomer? I almost think it's more if a generation X thing: rehab clinics, marriage counseling, Christian counseling, therapy sessions etc. Seemed to be getting pretty big by the time of the classic show the Sopranos. Generation X roughly, maybe tail end of the Boomer generation.

But shoot, they kicked it up to 11 with the millennials and the zoomers. Numerous friends of mine on pills. Male friends. Anxiety is the big one but also depression. Not to mention always kids on ADD pills. In the colleges it's really bad it seems like everyone is in therapy, from eating disorders, to anxiety, depression of course, and others.

Since we have De- institutionalized many of our mental patients-- happened in the 80s I believe-- they been set onto the streets in many of returned home and found jobs. Many of them are productive. It's a mistake to think though that they don't need to be on their medicine. I assure you some of these people are pretty screwed up and need the pills

Being in between a Boomer and a Millennial, my view of them as a group is...

Boomers deep down mean very well. They deep down know how spoiled they were and they want to share that with the world. But they cannot explain where their easy lives came from or how to share it, so instead of doing so, they are destroying the privileges they had so the next generations don't get to enjoy it. Boomers are the only generation to be raised by the TV and at the same time not shut that stupid thing off. Nothing in the world is worse than the TV. Due to the internet, the boomers are the first generation to reach the "wisdom" stage of life and have no wisdom to share. Younger generation are wiser, on average, simply thanks to the internet and smart phones putting the world's wisdom in your pocket and available 24/7. When you argue with a boomer, it feels like you are arguing with Sean Hannity and once you point out the hypocrisies, they just go back to a cliche talking point. If you try to explain to a boomer that there will be no jobs because robots are replacing them, they seem to just be dumbfounded. "Just work harder".

IMO, Boomers are for the most part great people who are very unaware of how much the world has passed them by and are seen as either old racist people (by the young left) or in the road and nothing to offer to help (by the young right).

Millennials and younger are extremists. The leftists are pretty much communists who hate much of the foundation of this country and want it wiped away and replaced with their ideas. These Millennial leftists are so hyped up on victimhood teachings it appears no amount of reason can reach them. The right of the Millennials are then forced to the far right just to prepare to protect their families and are frustrated that the boomers don't grasp how truly dire the situation is.

One more thing about Boomers I have noticed. They just love to throw money away and buy junk. Maybe it is because their parents were very cheap after surviving the Great Depression and now the Boomers are adults they want to buy all the things they couldn't get as children. I don't know, but all the Boomers I know get so giddy to buy silly things they will never use or need.

If someone from the Boomer generation wants to really want to help the younger generations the best thing you can do is stop spending money and save it for the upcoming right wing Millennials. They so desperately need what you are throwing away.

Being in between a Boomer and a Millennial, my view of them as a group is...

Boomers deep down mean very well. They deep down know how spoiled they were and they want to share that with the world. But they cannot explain where their easy lives came from or how to share it, so instead of doing so, they are destroying the privileges they had so the next generations don't get to enjoy it. Boomers are the only generation to be raised by the TV and at the same time not shut that stupid thing off. Nothing in the world is worse than the TV. Due to the internet, the boomers are the first generation to reach the "wisdom" stage of life and have no wisdom to share. Younger generation are wiser, on average, simply thanks to the internet and smart phones putting the world's wisdom in your pocket and available 24/7. When you argue with a boomer, it feels like you are arguing with Sean Hannity and once you point out the hypocrisies, they just go back to a cliche talking point. If you try to explain to a boomer that there will be no jobs because robots are replacing them, they seem to just be dumbfounded. "Just work harder".

IMO, Boomers are for the most part great people who are very unaware of how much the world has passed them by and are seen as either old racist people (by the young left) or in the road and nothing to offer to help (by the young right).

Millennials and younger are extremists. The leftists are pretty much communists who hate much of the foundation of this country and want it wiped away and replaced with their ideas. These Millennial leftists are so hyped up on victimhood teachings it appears no amount of reason can reach them. The right of the Millennials are then forced to the far right just to prepare to protect their families and are frustrated that the boomers don't grasp how truly dire the situation is.

One more thing about Boomers I have noticed. They just love to throw money away and buy junk. Maybe it is because their parents were very cheap after surviving the Great Depression and now the Boomers are adults they want to buy all the things they couldn't get as children. I don't know, but all the Boomers I know get so giddy to buy silly things they will never use or need.

If someone from the Boomer generation wants to really want to help the younger generations the best thing you can do is stop spending money and save it for the upcoming right wing Millennials. They so desperately need what you are throwing away.

They just can't grasp the fact that the world is changing around them. What works for them, worked for them, yes. They wrote a huge wave of prosperity unparalleled at the time by any country in the world, into riches. They are entitled let's not forget that. You are correct they will not shut the TV off. For them all truth emanates from the television box. It is such an archaic view button some strange way I find it very amusing. It is like watching a chimpanzee scrolling through Instagram. They're just entranced by it. Instead of sharing wisdom they are sharing memes. Which aren't even dank. Their views are so solidified but all the television that they watch that there is no other View that is correct. They Soundlike Hannity, because they use his arguments. They are generation soundbite.

They cannot get over the fact that communism is no longer the threat rather it is arguably terrorism, our economic tides compared to others, the threat of overextension abroad, and out of control spending/ welfare. All these things could destroy us in the near future.