The Boomer Question

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
That is crazy. So, the media picks up the single sound bite from one elderly man who is goaded into yelling "White Power," but it ignores all the unrelenting foul-mouthed diabolical cursing from the other side.

Sigmata

Chicken
And then the boomers shipped all the middle class manufacturing jobs off to the very same Chi Coms in the 90s because they wanted cheap crap from Wal-Mart.
This characterization slanders an entire generation due to the decisions of a small segment of the population that wields disproportionate economic power. During my career I’ve witnessed the wholesale neo-colonization of American firms and deliberate knowledge transfer in the service of greed. When all is said and done, workers generally have no control of decisions executives make. Most Americans would not support the wholesale export of their industries and strategic technologies to foreign competitors. Intergenerational animus merely serves to conceal and distract from the control oligarchs wield in American society.

Sigmata

Chicken
Falling into the trap of generational warfare is silly. The Boomers are different from the generations past and future in only one respect - the time in which they were born, a fact which they had no control over. If the average Millennial had been born in 1950 instead of 1990 he would have made exactly the same choices the average Boomer did. We are products of our environment and our genetics. The genes haven't changed that much in such a short amount of time, it's all environmental conditioning. We are no more wise or moral than the Boomers as a group, and thus have no right to judge them as a group. They are fallible human beings, the same as us. No man gets to choose the time and place of his birth, he simply makes the best decisions he can at the time with the options he has in front of him.

Also, it's inaccurate to try to blame the destruction of the country on the Boomers. The destruction was well underway while they were still children. The Boomers weren't the ones who signed the Hart-Cellar Act into law in 1965, for example. Nor were they the ones pushing the sexual revolution in the 60's. In fact, the Boomers were the first generation to get really screwed by the cultural subversion of the West. This is why so many Boomers have psychological problems, addictions and broken marriages. They were lied to and propagandized heavily by the elite and it fucked a lot of them up for life.

Look at who raised the Boomers. The so-called "Greatest Generation". Again, they were no different than us, they just faced different circumstances. The Greatest Generation grew up in the Depression then went through WWII. They were completely traumatized and in the aftermath simply wanted to live out the rest of their lives in peace and whatever prosperity they could enjoy. They also placed a lot of trust in the government based on their experiences in the Depression and the war. And so in a lot of ways they were sort of asleep at the wheel while the cultural saboteurs really got going in the 50s (the Communist infiltration) and the 60s (the sexual revolution). It's like they were too tired to give a shit after what they'd been through in their youth, and who could blame them?

History is what it is. It would have played out exactly the same if it had been any of living us back then. Save your hatred for the agents of darkness walking among us today, they aren't hard to find, they don't even bother to hide themselves anymore.
You’ve made a lot of good points here. I would add that perhaps due to the difficult experiences of the Silent Generation, as parents, many wanted to spare their Boomer children the hardships they had endured and the projected trauma they received from being parented by the Greatest Generation. Also, one should not underestimate the powerful conditioning force of mass media that was unleashed upon Boomers. The development of the dark art of advertising had an overwhelmingly corrupting influence on the Boomer generation at a time when radical feminist and Marxist ideologies were also gaining pernicious footholds.

One characteristic of Boomers is their myopia about how younger generations look at the military. Between the last 25 years of fighting wars solely for Greater Israel and general lack of respect for authority and uniforms, non-Boomers interest in military stories has ebbed to its lowest point IMO. Yet Boomers carry on thinking that every American gets a tear in their eye for Old Glory. I have heard boomers waxing elegiac about military stories and assuming that "this could be made into a great movie!". But who would watch it? No one. But they come from an era that still had a thread of the military fighting for us and Muh Freedoms. Even when it comes to the so-called 9-11 first responders, the attitude of most Gen X (and lower) is, "Who gives a f_?".

The only chance of a revival of war stories and hero stories and patriotism is if the Modern Military starts patrolling the world more heavily on behalf of butt sex than they already are. Then a few of the woke Zoomers might watch that sh%t. And they might try to pull a "We're the Patriots now, bigot!" gambit.

Last edited:

unit414

Robin
I am the polar opposite of most of my fellow boomers. Money and material things, vacations, etc., were not a high priority for me. Never were. I have held very "right wing" views for a long time, and have given a lot of thought to what ails this country, how that degeneracy has evolved, who is behind it, etc.

But my 4 siblings are the stereotypical Boomers. Their politics are nothing like mine, and they are very much into this world, material things, one sister (married) has a life that revolves around animals, etc. My sibs have produced a grand total of two kids. One married a 1/2 chosen one, and of course that didn't end well. Another married a woman 10 years older, neither cares for kids and she was too old to have one at that point anyway. Another didn't get married until age 48. My poor parents deserved much better kids than they got, and I think I was pretty much considered the success story, as a decorated vet, married for years to the same gal, had kids who turned out great, did some hard jobs and always provided for family, and so on.

So yeah, a lot of Boomers suck, but I don't think the succeeding generations (X, Millennial, Z) have been anything to write home about either. Our "culture" is sick, the country is dying, and I don't feel so good myself.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
One characteristic of Boomers is their myopia about how younger generations look at the military. Between the last 25 years of fighting wars solely for Greater Israel and general lack of respect for authority and uniforms, non-Boomers interest in military stories has ebbed to its lowest point IMO. Yet Boomers carry on thinking that every American gets a tear in their eye for Old Glory. I have heard boomers waxing elegiac about military stories and assuming that "this could be made into a great movie!". But who would watch it? No one. But they come from an era that still had a thread of the military fighting for us and Muh Freedoms. Even when it comes to the so-called 9-11 first responders, the attitude of most Gen X (and lower) is, "Who gives a f_?".

The only chance of a revival of war stories and hero stories and patriotism is if the Modern Military starts patrolling the world more heavily on behalf of butt sex than they already are. Then a few of the woke Zoomers might watch that sh%t. And they might try to pull a "We're the Patriots now, bigot!" gambit.
LOL Zoomielenials don't watch Movies they LARP on Video Games in their Boomer Parents Basements.

berserker2001

Robin
Orthodox
Big shocker that there are Boomers on here choosing to continue to carry water for their ruinous generation, and will do so to their grave, trying to deceive as many as possible in the process without shame. Phrases like “falling into the trap of generational warfare” or “psychological projection” being manipulatively used to distract that, in fact, the American Dream died under the watch of the Boomers. Whether that is their fault or not… Every group of people is represented by its leaders, thats the way the human mind categorizes. Its useless to setup a strawman of “hey, all Boomers aren’t bad!” Of course not, that statistically goes without being said when assessing any group of people, but it does nothing to dispell the overall observed generational patterns. Generations have been a useful typology for at least centuries, the only argument is to what degree. Off the top of my head under the Boomer generation…
  • Christian dropout rates in Catholicism and Protestantism have skyrocketed (students don’t stay in the faith, and overall enrollment down), allowing the weakening of Christian institutional control and opening up the door for other religions or secularism
  • Apathy towards any deep identity or symbolism aside from sports, consumer brands, or pop media has taken root
  • Worship of Scientism leading to a secular hierarchy of SCIENCE! priests & CEO’s at the head of our institutions: this only has power if you give these people power, and left us ripe for Gates/ Fauci gaslighting
  • Feminism, abortion, divorce, LQBTQ rights all completely normalized culture: It is literally more encouraged to come out of the closest as homosexual in America today than it is to announce yourself as born-again Christian
  • Unfettered promotion of college, college debt, white-collar jobs, mercantilism, and such financial mindsets in the face of traditional trades or production careers that are healthy for America, and furthermore the dumbing-down of the college curriculum while tuition rates soared
  • Death of self-reliance skills such as fixing your own car or home, farming, camping, book reading and critical-thinking in general. It even seems like men couldn’t teach themselves how to get women and relied on PUA techniques taught by guru’s
  • A new American attitude of self interest, extreme libertarianism, lack of accountability, demand for current rewards in the face of mortgaging the future, and unwillingness to sacrifice for the greater good. Sacrifice and Boomers are like oil and water. And these attitudes have controlled politics for decades because Boomers controlled politics.
Boomers were subjected to (((psychological manipulation))) more than any generation before them and thus why most of the above was allowed to occur under their watch, this is true and they should be cut some slack for this. They were in Strong Times creating Weak Men. However, you should still be able to perceive that sexual degeneracy is wrong, rampant drug use is wrong, not saving money is wrong, killing traditional family values are wrong… In the face of psychological warfare you should still be able to recognize these wrongs. Boomers allowed the blood-letting to take a strong-hold of the American Dream, Gen-X did nothing to stop it and so it continued unabated, and the American Dream was largely dead by the time Millenials arrived. Now Gen-Z must build a new society if they have the will-power, but at least they are highly cynical and skeptical of psychological warfare and the errors of recent generations. They should be after all since we have had 8 consecutive Boomer Presidents to show everyone how NOT to be a leader. What we all need primarily is for Boomers to go away, but they refuse to at all levels of society, even into their 70’s and 80’s. We’ve needed this for about 20 years.

Someone in here said “these are all symptoms, no answers are given” – there is only 1 answer to all the above problems and there always has been only 1, and that is Christian culture. Christians need to take back the culture, regardless of generation. That should be the focus of this forum- regaining Christian power in our country’s institutions. Sacrificing your own ego and desires for the greater Christian good. But Boomers, as a generation, can’t see that- they just keep making snarky, unironic comments about their kids in their basements, whom they raised that way. Keep doubling-down Boomers, double-down to the grave (and promote experimental vaccinations while you're at it!). History does move in cycles and humanity will see better days, but history will not smile on this generation. There are obviously some amazing Boomers out there with solid traditional Christian values who have benefit all of us, but they are vastly in the minority during their time. Overall, Boomers will continue coping with strawmen and obfuscations, but the die has been cast.

LOL Zoomielenials don't watch Movies they LARP on Video Games in their Boomer Parents Basements.
I'm in between, being in my mid 40's. My parents were boomers. My parents had it much easier than I did, and I had it much easier than the men in their 20's will have it. In fact, if I was in my 20's now I don't think I would make it. The competition, the stress, the expense, it is so overwhelming. I would much rather give up and live in my parents basement playing video games than trying to fight the impossible uphill battle men in their 20's face. For those men on this forum in their 20's, I am not black pilling, I am just given and honest assessment of my own limitations. My hats off to all you men trying to make it and do it the right way, you are better men than myself.

I think back on how much my parents had to work and what they could purchase with their income. I will never live that quality of life, no matter how many more years I work 7 days a week. I watch sitcoms from the 1980's and 90's to sort of zone out of this awful world and have a sense of remembering my childhood. My God at how easy life would have been back then as an adult. Just beyond something I could ever comprehend.

With all of this said, I have worked 7 days a week for over 20 years straight. I have lived poorer than most college students during this time, taking all my savings and investing it as diversified as I possibly could. After 20 years I don't have enough to have a family, and the way things are going in this country, another 5 years of 7 days a work will not make it either. Especially not with the inflation and social degradation we are undergoing right now.

Should I quit and give up? I don't know. I am considering it. I am exhausted from the nonstop work, the no enjoyment of life, and the only consistent in my life is waking up and seeing the country get worse every single day. Would I even want to bring kids into this awful country? My kids would likely be white, would they even be given a chance? I highly doubt it. And all my savings would be taken by the tax man before they could inherit it.

Heh, after typing all this out, maybe I regret I didn't just stay in my parents basement playing video games. Maybe the Zoomers are on to something.

Just trying to give you perspective from a man that can relate to both generations. The boomers were good people, but many don't seem to fully grasp just how bad things are right now in the west.

Gimlet

Kingfisher
To those millennials and zoomers espousing generational hate, the day will come in your lives when you are blamed for destroying the USA by electing Biden. What, the election was stolen? It's been a few months and that idea has almost vanished from the zeitgeist- at least according to those who record the zeitgeist. You will be hated for what you have done, because history will blame you despite your own personal actions.

To those millennials and zoomers espousing generational hate, the day will come in your lives when you are blamed for destroying the USA by electing Biden. What, the election was stolen? It's been a few months and that idea has almost vanished from the zeitgeist- at least according to those who record the zeitgeist. You will be hated for what you have done, because history will blame you despite your own personal actions.

It is very optimistic to think the USA will still exist in a familiar format, if at all, in 40 years. Conservative Christians will be greatly hated in the USA in 40 years, if the USA still exists, no matter what happens, due to mass immigration and a media that constantly paints them as the bad guy.

Elipe

Pelican
I'm in between, being in my mid 40's. My parents were boomers. My parents had it much easier than I did, and I had it much easier than the men in their 20's will have it. In fact, if I was in my 20's now I don't think I would make it. The competition, the stress, the expense, it is so overwhelming. I would much rather give up and live in my parents basement playing video games than trying to fight the impossible uphill battle men in their 20's face. For those men on this forum in their 20's, I am not black pilling, I am just given and honest assessment of my own limitations. My hats off to all you men trying to make it and do it the right way, you are better men than myself.

I think back on how much my parents had to work and what they could purchase with their income. I will never live that quality of life, no matter how many more years I work 7 days a week. I watch sitcoms from the 1980's and 90's to sort of zone out of this awful world and have a sense of remembering my childhood. My God at how easy life would have been back then as an adult. Just beyond something I could ever comprehend.

With all of this said, I have worked 7 days a week for over 20 years straight. I have lived poorer than most college students during this time, taking all my savings and investing it as diversified as I possibly could. After 20 years I don't have enough to have a family, and the way things are going in this country, another 5 years of 7 days a work will not make it either. Especially not with the inflation and social degradation we are undergoing right now.

Should I quit and give up? I don't know. I am considering it. I am exhausted from the nonstop work, the no enjoyment of life, and the only consistent in my life is waking up and seeing the country get worse every single day. Would I even want to bring kids into this awful country? My kids would likely be white, would they even be given a chance? I highly doubt it. And all my savings would be taken by the tax man before they could inherit it.

Heh, after typing all this out, maybe I regret I didn't just stay in my parents basement playing video games. Maybe the Zoomers are on to something.

Just trying to give you perspective from a man that can relate to both generations. The boomers were good people, but many don't seem to fully grasp just how bad things are right now in the west.
Not to mention that such kids are actually making money by streaming themselves playing video games in their parents' basements. Some actually make pretty decent money.

And the best part is, those kids don't have to keep current for their jobs by constantly reading books or attending conferences to stay on the "cutting edge" of tech like a lot of white collar jobs involve. I don't blame them for taking the easy road out. Our economy is a broken mess, and does not incentivize good behavior or the development of civilization-maintaining skills.

Not to mention that such kids are actually making money by streaming themselves playing video games in their parents' basements. Some actually make pretty decent money.

And the best part is, those kids don't have to keep current for their jobs by constantly reading books or attending conferences to stay on the "cutting edge" of tech like a lot of white collar jobs involve. I don't blame them for taking the easy road out. Our economy is a broken mess, and does not incentivize good behavior or the development of civilization-maintaining skills.
I don't even know if I would call it the "easy road" as much as just the smartest decision.

I have come to accept my fate, I haven't fully given up, but I realize having a woman, much less a wife and children, are probably just beyond my reach. I haven't given up yet, I am still doing the 7 day a week work schedule, but I have come to peace when my company decides to hire a H-1B visa worker to replace me and no one wants to hire me because I am a white male.