The Canada Political Thread

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
It's amazing how the Liberals couldn't get involved with the RCMP or tell them what to do during the rail protests just months ago. But now they (Bill Blair) are answering questions for the RCMP and telling journalists what questions are appropriate to ask the RCMP. When rat Blair stepped in after a reporter asked if the shooter had a PAL.


The RCMP really fucked up here, the guys uniform was official, they sprayed a community hall filled with civilians, no handle on messaging and alerting the public.

Bureaucracy ?
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
Saskatchewan to reopen for business in 5 phases through the month of May, starting next week, good news. Phase 1 is dentists, optpmetrists, "low-risk" outdoors activities (golf, camping), P2 is barber shops and other stores. P4 has gyms, bars and restaurants at 50% capacity, and gatherings up to 10 people.
 

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
BC is looking at opening a lot in May, even asked restaurant industry for help in crafting new guidelines. Even schools might come back for the school year (certain age groups, new structures)

Pretty much every sector except mass gatherings like concerts and events

Honestly never understood the golf ban, we can still go golfing here just one person to a cart only
 

scotian

Crow
Gold Member
forestdweller said:
Let's subsidize roughnecks to farm? Better than raping the earth to squeeze oil out of tonnes and tonnes of earth. Many river systems up north are BTFO further brain damaging natives which is sure to have long term collateral damage for the nation.

I'm tired of neocon money grubbing at any cost. Fuck the tar sands, good riddance in my opinion. I have family working out there but the land we all live on takes precedence.
Ok Greta.
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
forestdweller said:
Let's subsidize roughnecks to farm? Better than raping the earth to squeeze oil out of tonnes and tonnes of earth. Many river systems up north are BTFO further brain damaging natives which is sure to have long term collateral damage for the nation.

I'm tired of neocon money grubbing at any cost. Fuck the tar sands, good riddance in my opinion. I have family working out there but the land we all live on takes precedence.
The environmental impact of the tar sands is grossly overrated. That from self-induced energy poverty on the other hand is severely underrated. Blocking the pipelines as well is extremely dumb.

Approximately 0.19% of the Alberta boreal forest has been disturbed by open pit mining.[106] The Alberta government requires companies to restore the land to "equivalent land capability". This means that the ability of the land to support various land uses after reclamation is similar to what existed
We should have a national oil policy where we don't import any, produce and refine all our oil at cheap prices, and export about as much as we can with a federal export tax tacked on, with pipelines from sea to sea, refineries and a minimum amount of petrochemical production.
 
Given that northern Alberta is entirely boreal forest, and is a gigantic land area, that's an alarming percentage.

Many ecosystem health indicators are hard if not impossible to measure. The government will say the land is reclaimed if it is a hard packed wasteland with some grass and a few shitty saplings on it. I've worked in reclamation, it's a scam.

Nature doesn't forget, those figures are likely sandbagged to hell. With billions of dollars on one side and hippies and btfo'd natives on the other, you can't take this at face value.

Once heavy metals reach waterways, fish and many other forms of life are fucked. These impacts aren't always immediate. You cant unfuck something like this.
 

scotian

Crow
Gold Member
forestdweller said:
Given that northern Alberta is entirely boreal forest, and is a gigantic land area, that's an alarming percentage.

Many ecosystem health indicators are hard if not impossible to measure. The government will say the land is reclaimed if it is a hard packed wasteland with some grass and a few shitty saplings on it. I've worked in reclamation, it's a scam.

Nature doesn't forget, those figures are likely sandbagged to hell. With billions of dollars on one side and hippies and btfo'd natives on the other, you can't take this at face value.

Once heavy metals reach waterways, fish and many other forms of life are fucked. These impacts aren't always immediate. You cant unfuck something like this.
Can you provide examples of waterways that have been completely fucked by natural resource development in Canada? Also, how do you suggest that we transition from a resource based economy, what will we transition to? Can we live without fossil fuels in Canada?

I've worked with many natives in Canada who do very well working in the resource industry, any native person who is BTFO is because of their band council and the federal government, not resource companies, the fortunate ones who do well often do so because of such developments.
 
I can provide some, one if which from the place I grew up and can't state without doxxing myself.

There is immense pressure and money behind these projects and with that comes the ability to silent dissenters.

I have a degree related to this subject. Mining exposes long buried minerals, some of which are highly toxic heavy metals and others. Surface geography has been exposed to the elements for long periods of time and these harmful elements have been slowly leached out. It doesn't take much selenium to turn the fish gay. Animals have very sensitive endocrine systems. The water doesn't have to look dark brown to be toxic.

When you detonate TNT and excavate millions of tonnes of earth into piles that rainwater can interact with, you will have much much much higher levels of toxic runoff that will make it's way into waterways. This cannot be easily detected, but is happening.

I believe the athabasca river was subject to tailings pond breeches, but I cant find sources.

As for an alternative, I couldn't tell you. Perhaps smaller, much more energy efficient houses to start. It would a huge restructuring of society. Natives managed to live without fossil fuels but what Albertan will give up his big truck, big box stores, flights to Mexico, avacodos in winter and everything else.
 

scotian

Crow
Gold Member
forestdweller said:
I can provide some, one if which from the place I grew up and can't state without doxxing myself.

There is immense pressure and money behind these projects and with that comes the ability to silent dissenters.

I have a degree related to this subject. Mining exposes long buried minerals, some of which are highly toxic heavy metals and others. Surface geography has been exposed to the elements for long periods of time and these harmful elements have been slowly leached out. It doesn't take much selenium to turn the fish gay. Animals have very sensitive endocrine systems. The water doesn't have to look dark brown to be toxic.

When you detonate TNT and excavate millions of tonnes of earth into piles that rainwater can interact with, you will have much much much higher levels of toxic runoff that will make it's way into waterways. This cannot be easily detected, but is happening.

I believe the athabasca river was subject to tailings pond breeches, but I cant find sources.

As for an alternative, I couldn't tell you. Perhaps smaller, much more energy efficient houses to start. It would a huge restructuring of society. Natives managed to live without fossil fuels but what Albertan will give up his big truck, big box stores, flights to Mexico, avacodos in winter and everything else.
Ok so you can't provide any proof that natural resource extraction has had the extreme effects on our eco-system that you claimed in your previous post, thanks.

Ya natives lied without fossil fuels, do you live in a fucking teepee?
 
I talked with local guides in the area and the fish population is down big time. Cant name the river like I said, likely happening in many rivers. It takes generations before the population becomes genetically damaged.

Look how close the tar sands tailings ponds are to river systems in Alberta. Water takes a while to replenish aquifers, different strata have different flow rates, and unless they have magical indestructible and impermeable barriers that were installed 100% perfectly (highly doubtful) then it's safe to say that some amount of pollution is entering the waterways.

Granted it's not india or china tier throwing garbage bags of shit and barrels of dye in the water, but petroleum products are hazardous. I personally think plastics are a big cause of feminization of the population.

Also I'd rather live in a teepee or a yurt in the woods than some cookie cutter cuck cube in a planned community.
 
forestdweller said:
I talked with local guides in the area and the fish population is down big time. Cant name the river like I said, likely happening in many rivers. It takes generations before the population becomes genetically damaged.

Look how close the tar sands tailings ponds are to river systems in Alberta. Water takes a while to replenish aquifers, different strata have different flow rates, and unless they have magical indestructible and impermeable barriers that were installed 100% perfectly (highly doubtful) then it's safe to say that some amount of pollution is entering the waterways.

Granted it's not india or china tier throwing garbage bags of shit and barrels of dye in the water, but petroleum products are hazardous. I personally think plastics are a big cause of feminization of the population.

Also I'd rather live in a teepee or a yurt in the woods than some cookie cutter cuck cube in a planned community.
Maybe you should research more on why that happens and how negative the effects are of plant food pesticides and other goodies sprayed - because that is legion and much much more frequent than anything the oil industry does - everything first goes into rivers and then the oceans. And long-term it accumulates - we had decades of that now.

But no - can't look into that because the vegan agenda is deeply enmeshed with the Global Warming crap and we can't look at plant anti-nutrients, plant food kill count every year, plant food toxic load - all of that being much much higher than sustainable animal husbandry or oil industry.
 
Research why what happens? Your question is vague.

I agree it's likely worse, but clear cutting of forests is likely even worse so I win the argument.

Having said that, the many gigantic oil spills from tankers and FUBAR oil rigs (exxon valdez and deepwater horizon as examples) were devastating to the ecosystem.

I know this is a canadian thread, and give hippies are much shit as you want but if a tanker spills off the west coast we are in for huge problems. We have many sustainable shellfish farms (that clean water and generate value) that we need to protect.
 
In 1788, explorer Sir Alexander Mackenzie noted,
(at the fork of the Clearwater and Athabasca Rivers)... are some bituminous fountains into which a pole 20 feet long may be inserted without the least resistance. The bitumen is in a fluid state and... serves to gum the Indians' canoes.
Later in 1909 Agnes Deans Cameron retraced Mackenzie's travels and wrote,
Tar is there too, in plenty. Out of the overhanging banks it oozes at every fissure...
These two accounts somewhat predate any exploitation of the oil sands by Suncor or Enbridge or whoever. In the most scrutinized oilfield in the world, the downstream water of Fort Mac and the rest of the Canadian oil sands are cleaner than they have ever been in the 5000 years since the natives first showed up and started patching their canoes with the stuff.
 
All of this is useless - it's like debating with autism-impeded Greta who only was fed on propaganda and doesn't even know that veganism kills more animals and destroys more nature than balanced animal-plant-food-ecosystems - actually more free-range animals would be needed. And the pesticides used by big aggro are the ones which destroy water supply, rivers and oceasn - far far more than anything the oil industry ever did. They are responsible for the dangerous bird and bee deaths - not the oil industry.

As for razing forests - they will have to do more since only a few dozen harvests are left before the soil is completely depleted. In nature ruminant herbivores replenish that.

And furthermore - oil industry could be replaced, but not with the options they are giving us. Any tech like geomagnetic energy and batteries that let you drive for 10.000 miles are suppressed. So yeah - if that was the case, then the economic model might look different and the former oil workers and everyone connected (which is everyone on earth since we all are dependant on oil) to it could find a different job and existance. But currently all the so-called alternatives are top-down and they will all make life worse for 99,9% - not better.

Thus until you get it - we should keep the economy humming, scrap all green top-down Agenda 21 plans, pump out as much CO2 out as possible to make Earth more fertile, eat as much healthy superfood beef as possible, even add more thorium-nuclear-power-plants to make energy cheaper and say no to every globalist plan out there. That would create a greener healthier world since obviously conversationist policies can easily be attained in an affluent society - people like to be surrounded by parks, forests and clean rivers - the richer they are the cleaner and greener they want it.

What Gretatoids want is more something akin to Hunger Games, but you just haven't realized the full consequences of all those insane demands that are built on lies.
 

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
ed pluribus unum said:
In 1788, explorer Sir Alexander Mackenzie noted,
(at the fork of the Clearwater and Athabasca Rivers)... are some bituminous fountains into which a pole 20 feet long may be inserted without the least resistance. The bitumen is in a fluid state and... serves to gum the Indians' canoes.
Later in 1909 Agnes Deans Cameron retraced Mackenzie's travels and wrote,
Tar is there too, in plenty. Out of the overhanging banks it oozes at every fissure...
These two accounts somewhat predate any exploitation of the oil sands by Suncor or Enbridge or whoever. In the most scrutinized oilfield in the world, the downstream water of Fort Mac and the rest of the Canadian oil sands are cleaner than they have ever been in the 5000 years since the natives first showed up and started patching their canoes with the stuff.
Exactly.

How the fuck did we know the very existence of the oil sands? The AthaB river cut right through it, dragging billions of tons of oily bitumen north into Slave Lake. Those deformed fish the NGO's love crying about have always been there. Ask any native from there and they all know not to fish downstream from where the river carves out the tar. They aren't retarded.

It so happens that the area is going to be a lot cleaner in the future than it was 60 years ago. If they can find a way to deal with the tailings, they are golden. And that will happen too, they have had a lot of breakthroughs in this matter. The forests around the mines are way the fuck better than before. They were replanted with native soils, grasses and trees. So now instead of tar off gassing into the mangled forest, its just soil and grass and trees. The animals came back too, and the hunting has gotten way better.

Not everything to do with oil is bad. My ancestors slept in fucking teepees in northern Alberta and thanks to oil were able to fuck off the rez and get good jobs and raise families. Even get to fly to Mexico once in while after working 80 hour weeks in -45 so cunts in the city can shit on them.
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
That's true, pollution levels across the West are significantly lower than in the past.

Forestdweller, oil spills are not a big deal, oil in the ocean is biodegradable. The impact of large tanker accidents like the Exon Valdez are very minor in the long term. It's almost as bad as the hysteria around oil pipelines.

You want to revert to a pre-industrial era and live like natives, but with that level of technology and energy deprivation you could only sustain a tiny fraction of the current population. The precolumbian hunter-gatherer population of the US and Canada was 98% smaller than today's!

If you want to impose artificial energy scarcity on the population, you would have the great majority of people living in abject poverty and misery. As it is today, you have retirees and middle class workers having o choose between paying their heating bill or feeding themselves, see the Gilets Jaunes in France.

Tar sands as well are less destructive than fracking.



forestdweller said:
Research why what happens? Your question is vague.

I agree it's likely worse, but clear cutting of forests is likely even worse so I win the argument.

Having said that, the many gigantic oil spills from tankers and FUBAR oil rigs (exxon valdez and deepwater horizon as examples) were devastating to the ecosystem.

I know this is a canadian thread, and give hippies are much shit as you want but if a tanker spills off the west coast we are in for huge problems. We have many sustainable shellfish farms (that clean water and generate value) that we need to protect.
 

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
forestdweller said:
It would a huge restructuring of society. Natives managed to live without fossil fuels but what Albertan will give up his big truck, big box stores, flights to Mexico, avacodos in winter and everything else.


forestdweller said:
Also I'd rather live in a teepee or a yurt in the woods than some cookie cutter cuck cube in a planned community.
No one is stopping you.

Are you referring to Elk River and Teck Resources?

It's not that black and white.

It's not sludge that they're feeding into the river, there are active water management plans to capture any tailings (plant waste) and isolate them from the surrounding environment. The toxicity causing the decline in fish populations is due to increased concentrations in selenium which is a naturally occurring effluent. The issue is that with the mining operations a lot more rock is exposed to surface water and so more selenium gets carried away by rain water etc into local water systems.

Yes it's unfortunate and Teck hasn't done enough, but you can't say they aren't trying. In 2013 they began a $600M effort project to manage selenium runoff including a $41M treatment plant for just one of it's mines in 2018. They recommissioned one of their treatment plants to the tune of $5M because 40 fish were found dead. $5,000,000.. for 40 fish. How many companies can you say would spend $125,000 to save one dead fish?

Again, of course they need to do better, but when it comes to mining companies, Teck is one of the best. It's hard for many to support a mining company, but Vancouver/Canada should be proud that one of the world's most ethical mining companies calls the city home.

The same applies to the oilsands.

Many people here and many people on the right are well concerned for our environment, who are the ones living rural? Don't forget the conservationist/naturalist movement was one borne out of the right wing dating back a century, prior to communist marxists co-opting it to advance their goals (reorganization of society as you mentioned). There must be a balance between taking advantage of this abundance of natural wealth God has given, and guess what most Canadian companies understand this, hence millions of dollars spent on R&D on some amazing tech that many mentioned above and rehabilitation.

Again it's not as black and white as you make it seem.

I'm in Vancouver and these brain dead simplistic takes without any form of nuance such as the ones you and many are spewing are going to destroy our country (which was BUILT by resources)

:gtfo:
 
It's not that the fish are floating upside down en masse. They fail to reproduce, much like the millennial generation.

I like trailer park boys, but a picture of bubbles isn't an argument. Consumer culture is a blight on humanity, that doesn't make me a marxist.

Selenium is a natural effluent yes, in low doses.

That's what they say yes, Teck is a sneaky corporation and isn't to be trusted, from personal experience.

Look at the country vapid consumerism and resource pillaging got us. A bunch of braindead TV sportsball watchers only concerned with the next pornhub video. Fuck em.

We need new solutions, I'm not buying your neocon narrative. I agree its complicated, but tearing the earth apart to keep this system going won't work for much longer. What is unsustainable will not be sustained. Hippies have good points, rednecks have good points. Neither have a cohesive view that offers a future I want to live in.

Just my 2 cents.
 
So it looks like Prime Minister Dipshit will introduce an OIC (Order In Council) banning a whole raft of firearms as early as tomorrow. Primarily it will target what they want to call "assault rifles", basically any centrefire semi-automatic with a detachable box magazine. So there go your M14/Norinco M305s, your Ruger Mini-14s, your VZ58s and of course anything and everything even vaguely resembling an AR.

Below, a relevant infographic. Also, IRunGuns Inc had a good post on their FB page, it's quite a long read but well laid out and on-point. PM me if you want the full text, but here's the intro:

OICs significance

It is not the Liberals who give 30 days notice. The Canadian Firearms Program revokes your registration certificate and it is the CFP that gives 30 days to comply. And they have ALWAYS given 30 days regardless of what government was in power.

30 days is not an arbitrary amount of time. The firearms act gives you 30 days to appeal a revocation, and the 30 day compliance window is to allow you to file an appeal. Once you file the appeal the revocation is stayed until the judge settles it.

No one is interested in getting an injunction to an OIC because in order for it to work you need to know the wording of the regulation before its published which is almost impossible. Its also unnecessary.

Familiarize yourself with the details of the administration of law and you will realize that a ban by OIC is nothing to fear, and if you want Trudeau to lose the next election it is actually something to hope for, as long as you possess the stones to fight it.
 

NoMoreTO

Pelican
I was just listening to the announcement: Return your AR-15 in 2 years. No longer legal to use or shoot. Lets hope gun owners push back on this or the little twat gets voted out before that.

Justin comes on talking about Ecole polytechnique in his feminist sooth voice and how he cried and couldn't believe it was Canada.

Then he brings up Nova Scotia shooting, which was a case of RCMP incompetence, not a legal gun or PAL carrier.

After that Bill Blair comes in and tries to kiss gun owners asses. Then Crystia Freeland comes on and starts ringing off home violence and wife abuse stats.

What a shit show.
 
Top