The Canada Political Thread

An Alberta MP has launched a parliamentary petition about how stupid this is/democratic process. Keep in mind this isn't some silly petition.org nonsense but actually on house of commons website initiated by an MP.

There are currently 2 valid petitions out there, so make sure to sign both and share as widely as possible. The other one is
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/...-HGATf7ehuuGov2zjvXeZI5NGW4olMq1LGfPsIWONAVuI

Further to the 20mm/all shotguns issue: phone calls to the RCMP have had them say they would not be seizing shotguns on that basis, and Blair has tweeted that was not the intent of the OIC. Add to that multiple lawyers weighing in with their opinion.

I think it's best to be guided by the words of CCFR's Tracey Wilson: "Phone calls with the RCMP are not law; Tweets from Bill Blair are not law; Legal opinions from lawyers are not law. The OIC is law"

Last edited:

Seadog

Kingfisher
Seadog there appears to be a big divide in Quebec between the sport shooters and general "hands off my guns" types, and the once-a-year goes hunting, 'you don't need an AR15' types, collectively and disparagingly referred to as "Fudds". There is also a significant amount of anger from the former directed at the Francos who voted Bloc, thus enabling a Liberal minority and a Bloc leader in Parliament who will go along with any gun control measure, no matter how extreme.

I've said it previously, right now CCFR is taking the lead in fighting this, but I still threw some $ at NFA and may subscribe to CSSA for good measure.

I don't know if you got a PAL or an RPAL but my recommendation is: buy a non-restricted. Because registration=confiscation, and there's no way they're stopping with the May 1st list.
Yeah, I was definitely leaning towards unrestricted, just so I wouldn't be confined to a range, although I do have both licenses. Unfortunately, (to borrow a phrase I first heard here) Trudeau is like a Soviet rocket launch, there's absolutely no telling what direction he will go. When a 5 shot .22 is considered an "assault weapon" (Wonder which country's Special Forces are storming caves in Afghanistan with that one?) and is so dangerous it's not to be allowed in the country, yet a gun capable or dropping a polar bear or elephant is so benign that it need not even be registered, you're left to roll the dice. Being non-restricted did little for the guns on that list.

In my passing looks over the last year, I actually thought the mini-14 ranch might be a good choice, but now since that's off the table maybe something similar. Other's are saying however, obviously they're aware many people are just going to go out and buy other .223s, and that will simply be the next round. I think it was Paul Martin who hated guns too in the mid 90s, and although I was only a teen, I remember people saying that was the strategy of prohibitionists. Ban "just the most dangerous (whatever)", and after about 5 iterations, there's nothing left.

I also had to laugh again reviewing the list today. He said the banned guns were only there since they served no purpose in hunting or sport, but In addition to the natives hunting comment, I noticed several of the rifles actually had "Match" in their very name.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Yeah, I was definitely leaning towards unrestricted, just so I wouldn't be confined to a range, although I do have both licenses. Unfortunately, (to borrow a phrase I first heard here) Trudeau is like a Soviet rocket launch, there's absolutely no telling what direction he will go. When a 5 shot .22 is considered an "assault weapon" (Wonder which country's Special Forces are storming caves in Afghanistan with that one?) and is so dangerous it's not to be allowed in the country, yet a gun capable or dropping a polar bear or elephant is so benign that it need not even be registered, you're left to roll the dice. Being non-restricted did little for the guns on that list.

In my passing looks over the last year, I actually thought the mini-14 ranch might be a good choice, but now since that's off the table maybe something similar. Other's are saying however, obviously they're aware many people are just going to go out and buy other .223s, and that will simply be the next round. I think it was Paul Martin who hated guns too in the mid 90s, and although I was only a teen, I remember people saying that was the strategy of prohibitionists. Ban "just the most dangerous (whatever)", and after about 5 iterations, there's nothing left.

I also had to laugh again reviewing the list today. He said the banned guns were only there since they served no purpose in hunting or sport, but In addition to the natives hunting comment, I noticed several of the rifles actually had "Match" in their very name.
I think you are correct. I think the there will be progressive bans getting it down to all cartridge based firearms, with continued exemptions for Indians. Moose hunting tags are already progressing that way in Ontario that to get wild game you will have to 'tag along with a native guide' who pulls the trigger.

It used to be that the appeal for marrying into an indian family and living on reservation was the tax breaks, now its going to be the tax breaks and firearms freedoms. Plus...if Natives are the only ones who will be armed...Louis Riel part 2? More Native blockades?

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Wacky situation:
From the article:
Irving’s new solution to access the oil will purportedly see Western Canadian oil travel 6,300 nautical miles, or 11,771 kilometres, according to Sea-distances.org, more than twice the length of the abandoned 4,600-kilometre Energy East pipeline.
p.s. Signed the petition above. Real underhanded how the Libs are trying to ram this through.

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The fucked up thing is (and this answers Emancipators question as well), they made it illegal with Bill C71 to revert prohibited guns. This can only be done through legislation now. This means there are thousands of hunters out there right now using prohibited shotguns and not realizing it.
Searched it up some more (re: OIC + Bill C71)

C-71 means an OIC can no longer lower classifications that are set by the Criminal Code. E.g. section 84 says all automatic firearms are prohibited, but before C-71 an OIC could exempt some or all models of automatic firearms and say they are restricted or non-restricted despite section 84. C-71 removed that ability.

The exemption provisions were necessary for the government to lower a firearm's classification if the classification is set by law, because an OIC cannot change the law.

But when a firearm's classification as prohibited or restricted is set by an OIC instead of the Criminal Code itself, the government does not need and has never needed the power that was removed by C-71 to lower the classification. C-71 removed the ability to carve out exemptions under a definition. You don't need to exempt something if you can just change the definition in the first place. And when it comes to OIC classifications, the government can do just that via another OIC, because unlike the law, a previous OIC can be changed by a subsequent OIC.

What a fucking shitshow, don't forget ratfuck Blair pulled the same shit when it came to the G20 protestors in Toronto, coordinated provincial OIC shenanigans to trample individual liberties (even if the protestors were Black Blocs) while instructing cops to obscure their identity (hidden badge numbers)

Donated to the CCFR

Last edited:
The Polytechnique gang* smell blood in the water and are wasting no time lobbying for what should be on the 2nd round of confiscations. If you want to buy, buy now. Best simili-AR in non-restricted at lowest price would be WK-180C (check gotenda.com or SFRC Ammo Source). Tavor if you can afford it - never fired one but the quality is there and it's a semi-auto in 5.56/.223. I would add, get an SKS. Regardless. Still some available from retailers who can ship, i checked yesterday and prices started at $395. That's 3 guns right there that will definitely be next on the chopping block.

*I'm sure the LPC has been funneling bucketloads of cash to these harpies over the years to keep them going. Too bad we don't have any reporters or journalists in this country.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
The Polytechnique gang* smell blood in the water and are wasting no time lobbying for what should be on the 2nd round of confiscations. If you want to buy, buy now. Best simili-AR in non-restricted at lowest price would be WK-180C (check gotenda.com or SFRC Ammo Source). Tavor if you can afford it - never fired one but the quality is there and it's a semi-auto in 5.56/.223. I would add, get an SKS. Regardless. Still some available from retailers who can ship, i checked yesterday and prices started at $395. That's 3 guns right there that will definitely be next on the chopping block.

*I'm sure the LPC has been funneling bucketloads of cash to these harpies over the years to keep them going. Too bad we don't have any reporters or journalists in this country.
The Tavor is unrestricted/unbanned? Hilarious, the fact that it is a bullpup makes it easier to conceal than your standard "AR" type. This confirms my moron theory on the gun ban. They banned the Mini-14 only because it was used in Polytechnique...30? years ago. They banned the Berretta Cx-4 because it was used in a mass shooting, but is a 9mm carbine, and other equivalents are still allowed (Ruger PC)...but the Tavor, because it hasn't been used in a shooting is totally fine. Any other israeli made firearms like Tavor exempt?

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Canada's leaders sure are dumb. For those who are not familiar with the above tweet, "Black Rifle Company BRC15B" is actually "Black Rifle Coffee Company". It is an America's military veterans-owned coffee company that employs military veterans.

Edit.
And yes...BRCC are hardcore gun owners slash collectors. Their YouTube channel is a hoot to check out. Their videos always make me laugh.

Last edited:
Budoslavic, there is actually a Black Rifle Company (BRC, not BRCC) and they did produce their own AR variant called, appropriately enough, the BRC-15. Same thing goes for the "AR-15.com" rifle; apparently the arfcommers had their own model branded at a certain point in time, so there was an AR-15.com rifle. Same again for the "Blackwater AR 15" - yes there is a very popular airsoft gun by that name, but it is modelled after the actual firearm branded and sold by Blackwater.

Basically how this works is that any AR-15 variant or model, no matter how obscure, rare or uncommon, if it was imported into Canada even only once, got included on the prohibition list, regardless of how little there is to distinguish it from alllll the other ARs out there. Gotta bump that number up to 1500 somehow.

So many people are jumping on these examples to prove how incompetent the gov't is in identifying firearms when in fact they actually are existing guns. The takeaway here is that, this f*kin administration is so moronic and clueless, it's too easy to imagine them making that kind of mistake.

Tresdus

Woodpecker

Canada's leaders sure are dumb. For those who are not familiar with the above tweet, "Black Rifle Company BRC15B" is actually "Black Rifle Coffee Company". It is an America's military veterans-owned coffee company that employs military veterans.

Edit.
And yes...BRCC are hardcore gun owners slash collectors. Their YouTube channel is a hoot to check out. Their videos always make me laugh.

My buddy worked for them. He said they don't actually donate anything to charity as they promise

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Parliament is a sham. The government has gone into full denial of all questions.

[t]
Do the liberals currently have a majority or minority? If they have a majority they can be idiots like this. Good job by Polivere to highlight it though, he's like Canada's Rand Paul. Not particularly likeable enough to be prime minister but sharp enough to expose government fraud, corruption and inadequacy.

SeaFM

Kingfisher
Polievre needs to slow down a bit. He reminds me of this hyper intelligent kid I knew in high school that was into speed metal and couldn’t talk to anyone dumber than him, which was everybody.

if the roles were reversed, he’d be the one giving the circular non answers though.

That’s the scam.

I still can’t get over this gang of idiots that are running this country.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Polievre needs to slow down a bit. He reminds me of this hyper intelligent kid I knew in high school that was into speed metal and couldn’t talk to anyone dumber than him, which was everybody.

if the roles were reversed, he’d be the one giving the circular non answers though.

That’s the scam.

I still can’t get over this gang of idiots that are running this country.
Sidebar: I have a client like that, genius, super intelligent, it takes a while to be able to handle the speed that he talks at. He is also smart enough to delegate.

I used to, and still do, get frustrated when trying to talk to people that operate on a slower speed than I do so its been humbling working for this guy. I'm the idiot and I can tell when he has to slow down/dumb things down for me.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member

Seadog

Kingfisher
I can't help but laugh at the blatant shortsightedness of Canadians. Many of the same Toronto urbanites who were applauding the gun ban and the first to wax on endlessly about how we have no property rights so suck it up, are now crying with the same fervor about how unjust it is for them to be restricted from accessing their cottage properties this long weekend by the same dictatorial force of law. While I agree with them, there is also a hint of schadenfreude for the people so arrogant as to think that they and they alone should be able to pick and choose which charter violations are permitted.

Meanwhile, in a scene almost perfectly lifted from the poem "First they came..." you have a third group unaffected by either the gun ban or the cottage ban happily applauding both, content in their cocoon of ignorance that this is where such measures stop, and that it will never affect them.

Last edited: