The Canada Political Thread

Anyone have any thoughts on the future of the PPC? Espicially considering we may have a snap election in the future...
I do! I do! What in the world were the PPC thinking? You have a chubby/balding/butterface/white guy with little to NO CHARISMA.
How is this appealing to the woman/young/immigrant vote? How is he able to defeat someone like trudeau (given his sexy beard)?

hervens

Sparrow
Anyone have any thoughts on the future of the PPC? Espicially considering we may have a snap election in the future...
Maxime Bernier's probably one of the only Canadian politicians that doesn't seem to be part of any globalist agenda and could do some real good for this country. Unfortunately, Canada is already too far on the side of the left, and I don't see how he could ever get elected as is. The previous elections at less than 2% of the votes clearly showed that.

Last edited:
Maxime Bernier's probably one of the only Canadian politicians that doesn't seem to be part of any globalist agenda and could do some real good for this country. Unfortunately, Canada is already too far on the side of the left, and I don't see how he could ever get elected as is. The previous elections at less than 2% of the votes clearly showed that.
Unfortunately, the next election (whenever it may be) needs to be focused on ditching PM Dumbass, so we can't afford to risk splitting the vote again. I voted PPC last time around, as much as I like Max, can't afford to do that again.

Shocking development from the Green Party leadership race (no, I didn't know about it either) - one of the candidates has come out with a surprisingly common-sense approach to firearms legislation.

The salient points:
  • Restructure the current firearms classification system by merging non-restricted and restricted firearms into a single, simplified class of legal firearms, with evidence-based rules developed with firearm owners and public safety experts
  • Ensure that licensing and mandatory training requirements are adjusted to correspond with the new classification system
  • Work with firearm owners and public safety experts to develop and maintain an evidence-based class of prohibited firearms
  • Ensure that the illegal possession or smuggling of firearms within organized criminal groups results in lifetime bans on the possession of firearms
  • Ensure that people do not receive lifetime bans for non-compliance due to technical gaps in firearms regulations
  • Recognize subsistence hunting, sports shooting, predator defence and home defence as reasonable legal grounds for firearm possession, with strict guidelines on home defence that limit the use of lethal force to the interior of private dwellings
  • Given the RCMP’s daily monitoring of people who hold firearm licenses, oppose attempts by the federal government to implement any mandatory registration system for civilian firearms
  • Re-draft Sections 101 to 105 of the Firearms Act to reaffirm the privacy rights of firearm owners
(emphases mine). I wish a Conservative had the stones to make such a sweeping proposal.

The candidate, Amita Kuttner, is pretty much what one might expect from a Left Coast Green candidate, so it's hard to believe this; could be too good to be true. However, out of their 9 leadership hopefuls she is the only one who has even raised the firearms issue, from the current party position of "confiscation and criminalization."

Of course, that's only one part of her platform. The rest is mostly your typical enviro stuff, decolonizing native lands, gender and LBGT2+ whatever claptrap. I'd say I like maaybe 15% of her platform, but that's more than I could say for the current state of the Green Party.

In case you're interested in reading more of it: https://amitakuttner.ca/platform/

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
There are some older English names that are currently thought of as being female but which were masculine. "Evelyn" and "Clare" come to mind.
I heard once that all female names that are also male names, originated as male names. But no male names come from female names.

I was thinking about the female spelling, but maybe its an irish thing. Still, I need clarity that his name isn't girly!

I heard once that all female names that are also male names, originated as male names. But no male names come from female names.

I was thinking about the female spelling, but maybe its an irish thing. Still, I need clarity that his name isn't girly!
Better girly (Erin) than tractor (Aaron).

Zeknichov

Pigeon
Anyone have any ideas how we get more Canadians to support Maxime Bernier? O'Tool is just a CINO (Conservative In Name Only). A play on RINO in the USA because up until Trump, the Dems/GOP were moving along the same path. Nothing O'Tool will do will help Canadians that don't adhere to leftist values. Trump yesterday banned funding to any government agency that promoted Critical Race Theory. That's the kind of policies we need in Canada. Any government organization, corporate contractor or public school system that promotes CRT, Intersectionality or any of its derivatives should stop getting any funding. Canada seems pretty hopeless. Where are all the conservatives? I literally got called a white supremacist because I was tired of people telling me I have white privilege. It's going to start getting real bad here the more cultural marxiststs we graduate here without real legislative action.

Blitz

Pigeon
Anyone have any ideas how we get more Canadians to support Maxime Bernier? O'Tool is just a CINO (Conservative In Name Only). A play on RINO in the USA because up until Trump, the Dems/GOP were moving along the same path. Nothing O'Tool will do will help Canadians that don't adhere to leftist values. Trump yesterday banned funding to any government agency that promoted Critical Race Theory. That's the kind of policies we need in Canada. Any government organization, corporate contractor or public school system that promotes CRT, Intersectionality or any of its derivatives should stop getting any funding. Canada seems pretty hopeless. Where are all the conservatives? I literally got called a white supremacist because I was tired of people telling me I have white privilege. It's going to start getting real bad here the more cultural marxiststs we graduate here without real legislative action.
Bernier can't win; he's a terrible communicator in English and his insistence on idiotic libertarian ideas (who gives a damn about dairy policy?) will doom him to 5% tops. I voted for him because everyone else was a dumpster fire. Canada is finished, melodramatically and literally. There is no such thing as Canadian anymore because every Somalian immigrant that steps on our magic dirt gets branded just as Canadian as me and my settler ancestors.

I've gone to full on Alberta/ Western separation. We've been raped and pillaged by the colonial masters in Ottawa for so long ($650 billion over 50 years) and they've reached the point where they're actively legislating against the industry that provided that largesse for cheap Quebec daycare and massive immigration subsidies, that we truly have no choice. We're mere legislation pieces from leaving trillions of dollars in resources in the ground as part of Confederation merely to satisfy some globalist wet dream of green energy and post-nationalism.

The Conservatives under O'Toole are proposing higher immigration levels to help pay for the fake pandemic mega deficit, the NDP are commies, JT is functionally retarded and Freeland is a Soros tool. Even giving O'Toole the benefit of the doubt, a strong Harper government with a large majority couldn't get enough pipelines built and projects approved because Confederation became unworkable. Now the banker puppet masters of the Cons and Libs have decided to order funding on major oil projects to stop.

Separate, nationalize, prosper; that's my mantra going forward. If you're in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, get on board, it's the only way to salvage true prosperity and the identity that really did make this a great country. If you're not in those jurisdictions, well, we'd have a favourable immigration policy for born-in-Canada citizens. If you want to stay in Ontario or the Atlantics, good luck, you'll be drowning in debt and diversity. Quebec will be fine-ish demographically but may struggle financially without Daddy Alberta's money, but who cares.

In short, I have zero confidence that Canada is salvageable. Politicians from every party have completely sold us out for at least three decades. Alberta (with the West) is salvageable because of the resource wealth potential and slightly better demographics. So, pushing the chips to the centre of the table, all in.

FactusIRX

Robin
Bernier can't win; he's a terrible communicator in English and his insistence on idiotic libertarian ideas (who gives a damn about dairy policy?) will doom him to 5% tops. I voted for him because everyone else was a dumpster fire. Canada is finished, melodramatically and literally. There is no such thing as Canadian anymore because every Somalian immigrant that steps on our magic dirt gets branded just as Canadian as me and my settler ancestors.

I've gone to full on Alberta/ Western separation. We've been raped and pillaged by the colonial masters in Ottawa for so long ($650 billion over 50 years) and they've reached the point where they're actively legislating against the industry that provided that largesse for cheap Quebec daycare and massive immigration subsidies, that we truly have no choice. We're mere legislation pieces from leaving trillions of dollars in resources in the ground as part of Confederation merely to satisfy some globalist wet dream of green energy and post-nationalism.

The Conservatives under O'Toole are proposing higher immigration levels to help pay for the fake pandemic mega deficit, the NDP are commies, JT is functionally retarded and Freeland is a Soros tool. Even giving O'Toole the benefit of the doubt, a strong Harper government with a large majority couldn't get enough pipelines built and projects approved because Confederation became unworkable. Now the banker puppet masters of the Cons and Libs have decided to order funding on major oil projects to stop.

Separate, nationalize, prosper; that's my mantra going forward. If you're in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, get on board, it's the only way to salvage true prosperity and the identity that really did make this a great country. If you're not in those jurisdictions, well, we'd have a favourable immigration policy for born-in-Canada citizens. If you want to stay in Ontario or the Atlantics, good luck, you'll be drowning in debt and diversity. Quebec will be fine-ish demographically but may struggle financially without Daddy Alberta's money, but who cares.

In short, I have zero confidence that Canada is salvageable. Politicians from every party have completely sold us out for at least three decades. Alberta (with the West) is salvageable because of the resource wealth potential and slightly better demographics. So, pushing the chips to the centre of the table, all in.
Very well put! I’ll be voting Wexit next election. Separation is the only hope for the west. We either separate or die trying.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I am fully on the Wexit train. Have been for years.

Alberta needs to elect an Albertan next time around. Politics are too complicated for any Albertan leader to dance for their Ottawa masters at the same time they dance to demands in Edmonton.

BC needs to sack up and decide if it wants to be part of the west, part of China, or on its own. Vancouver and Victoria are not the province, so if they think voters in the lower mainland can decide what Fort St John and Smithers can do with their efforts, they need to be shown the door.

Vancouver and Victoria can't even run their own cities. One minor little blip and they are sniveling about bankruptcy. Let em bleed out and let the productive take the leads.

You all know I love my anecdotes so here is another one.

I took my boy on his first big overnight backpack hike. At the Buckhorn camp there were some other parents who were doing the same; getting some quality time in with their kid before the school term starts next week. Being so close to Vancouver, you might expect the granola commies many people picture in this part of the world. But it was not the case. I made a pretty pointed comment, making eye contact with every parent in the group:

"This conversation we are having, would never have been possible 6 months ago".

None of the parents thought covid was a threat. None of the parents were comfortable with the BC school curriculum. They all felt Canada was on its last legs. They all felt the US left was out of control and needed to be stopped. They were all worried about blindly giving up freedoms.

One woman admitted that she had been blind. She was there with her 11 year old son for an opportunity to bond before puberty hits and he would be more attached to his father through a difficult time. Her son helped her see some light. Her husband told her she is not alone, and don't worry about what others thought.

It was camp of red pills. The strenuous hike in might have took some of the programming out, but I really believe that people are waking up.

kel

Pelican
At a certain point, the local community needs to take matters into their own hands. Compassion can easily become a black hole. Junkies need to be told they can not stay there. The first time you confront them, you say "you can not stay here, your presence harms the social fabric of this community, we can not allow it any longer, you have to leave, please seek help for your problems" and you give them a bus pass with it, tell them to go to whatever state-run clinic there is downtown.

The second time you break their nose, tell them it'll be worse next time and to spread the word to their friends that a maniac who will fuck up your shit lives in neighborhood x, don't go there.