The Canada Political Thread

Quebec Opposition calls for COVID-19 vaccine passports as infections top 175

The Quebec government has said that starting September, it will require people to prove they are vaccinated to access non-essential services in parts of the province where COVID-19 transmission is high. But the health minister has also said the passports wouldn’t be used if enough people are vaccinated and transmission is low.

In other words, 'starting September, the Quebec government will require people, in all parts of the province, at all times, to prove they are vaccinated to access non-essential services.'

2Infinity

Woodpecker
If anyone has knowledge of the scene in Montreal, can they describe the situation right now? Are events, restaurants and bars more or less open with people enjoying the summer? From what I read online it appears restrictions are low (besides the vaxx passport in September), I was planning to trip to the city for ~10 days around late August (and getting out of there before that stupid vax pass comes into effect) and was curious to know.

Mandatory 3-day (minimum) you-foot-the-expense government hotel-quarantine for all air travellers was lifted today. (14-day at-destination quarantine still required for unvaccinated American arrivals).

If you have family to bring into Canada, or plan to expat out of Canada, now is the time to do it. The window to travel, unvaccinated, will only be open for a short time. The official warnings of a "likely" 4th wave are all over the mainstream media. When the next lockdown happens, perhaps as early as September, the window will shut. When the border eventually opens again, I guarantee it will be for fully vaccinated people only (no jab, no international travel). Make your arrangements now, or risk never seeing your loved ones who are abroad again. Not trying to blackpill, but to be firm and realistic about the urgency.

Moderna to sign agreement to build mRNA production plant in Canada

Moderna was founded 11 years ago to research and produce messenger RNA, or mRNA, vaccines and therapeutics, and
its COVID-19 vaccine is its first product ever authorized for widespread use. ... In May, Champagne said Ottawa
would provide $199 million to Resilience Technologies in Mississauga, Ont., about half the cost of expanding
its existing plant to make up to 640 million doses of mRNA vaccines every year.
For starters:
its COVID-19 vaccine is its first product ever authorized for emergency widespread use.
These articles need to stop leaving 'that word' out.

Secondly, what sort of future pandemics are being anticipated? At a population of just over 38 million, "640 million doses" means 16 vaccine-shots per person, every year.

*Formatting added to original quote.

Doug Ford urged to create vaccine passport system

A request for comment from the premier’s office about vaccine certificates was met with a reply from a spokeswoman for Health Minister Christine Elliott about not mandating vaccines. "To date this approach has been widely successful, with Ontario ranking as one of the world’s leading jurisdictions for population percentage to have received their first dose of the vaccine,” Alexandra Hilkene wrote.
Translation: Vaccine certificates and mandating vaccines are coming soon at a future date.

The province’s science table advisory group said certificates would allow high-risk settings to reopen sooner with greater capacity and help plan for future waves of the virus. However, it also noted there’s no evidence linking the impact of vaccine certificates to vaccine coverage or virus transmission.
What? - lol. So, the second sentence negates the concern for the first.

Yet another case of 1+1=4, which really means 4-2=1.

Garuda

Kingfisher
Canada is experimenting with honkonomics.

E8ZjhrHUYAEA3wk.jpg
E8Zjh5yUYAM0jWg.jpg

2Infinity

Woodpecker

Liberals announced the harshest vax mandate so far - vaxx require for getting onto any commercial plane or train (federally regulated) from Oct
Guessing this might mean one can't leave the country by commercial flights without getting the jab - ridiculous.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox

Liberals announced the harshest vax mandate so far - vaxx require for getting onto any commercial plane or train (federally regulated) from Oct
Guessing this might mean one can't leave the country by commercial flights without getting the jab - ridiculous.

Lol the Conservatives claim that they support medical freedom, but their policy ends up being the same as the Libs: “Get vaxxed or get tested until your nose bleeds.”

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
Anyone who lives in Canada managed to get a religious exemption from being vaccinated?

I spoke with the priest at my church, he said he hasnt dealt with such a situation yet. Advised me to speak with Archbishop.

But then I wonder, even if I receive a religious exemption, how long will it last before the government scraps it or they make your life so miserable that being an unvaxxed would almost equate to being a martyr.

Difficult choices are to be made brothers....

Early Bird

Sparrow
Anyone who lives in Canada managed to get a religious exemption from being vaccinated?

I spoke with the priest at my church, he said he hasnt dealt with such a situation yet. Advised me to speak with Archbishop.

But then I wonder, even if I receive a religious exemption, how long will it last before the government scraps it or they make your life so miserable that being an unvaxxed would almost equate to being a martyr.

Just claim 'islamophobia' and you will be fine. Cart blanche to do as you please.

Objecting as a Christian? Good luck.

kel

Ostrich

Agree that claiming to be a Muslim, or tribal, or whatever is the better way to go. Or, best way to go, find someone who can be gotten to who'll put you in the system and throw the syringe in the biobag. I have friends in Canada looking, though I think it's tougher there because Canada is much more bureaucratized than the US already. If I hear from them of a way, I'll let you know, please do the same to me so I can pass it on to them (mostly in Ontario or Quebec, though anyone anywhere should work, right?).

Stats

Woodpecker
Rockafeller organization was projecting a 70% decline in Canadas population by 2025. One of the harshest in the world. My fellow Canadians Its time to fight this Nazi plan by all legal means like your life depends on it. Because it does.

Could some one post the video of the guy that beat the state in the court case in alberta. That is a good place to start.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Mandatory 3-day (minimum) you-foot-the-expense government hotel-quarantine for all air travellers was lifted today. (14-day at-destination quarantine still required for unvaccinated American arrivals).

If you have family to bring into Canada, or plan to expat out of Canada, now is the time to do it. The window to travel, unvaccinated, will only be open for a short time. The official warnings of a "likely" 4th wave are all over the mainstream media. When the next lockdown happens, perhaps as early as September, the window will shut. When the border eventually opens again, I guarantee it will be for fully vaccinated people only (no jab, no international travel). Make your arrangements now, or risk never seeing your loved ones who are abroad again. Not trying to blackpill, but to be firm and realistic about the urgency.
I thought being vaccinated was one of the requirements though??

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
Rockafeller organization was projecting a 70% decline in Canadas population by 2025. One of the harshest in the world. My fellow Canadians Its time to fight this Nazi plan by all legal means like your life depends on it. Because it does.

Could some one post the video of the guy that beat the state in the court case in alberta. That is a good place to start.
Do you have a link to this? I was under the impression that the immigrant flood gates have been opened again and we’re on track to let in 400,000 immigrants this year (it’s actually way more) and the push is to increase our population to 100 million by year 2100.

MRAll134

Pelican

Some of the forms or details on religious exemptions are here. I would start going through these, find one that works and get my priest to sign it.

I thought being vaccinated was one of the requirements though??
For things such as vacation/tourism - classified as "non essential travel" (aka "travel for discretionary purposes") - yes, vaccination is required to enter the country.

For Immediate family (Eg: parents/siblings/spouse) - classified as "essential travel" (aka "travel for non-discretionary purposes") - no, vaccination is not (yet) required to enter the country.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I will be looking into registering my mom as a caregiver so she can fly down to see us.

I put her on the plane yesterday and she was in shambles about this vax pass for air travel. If she is unable to see her grandkids without a 12 hour drive it might just break her.

My only condolence to her is that between now and Oct a lot can happen so please stay positive.