The Canada Political Thread

Well its a good thing he is bringing 400,000 'immigrants' and 100,000 'students' then.

It would be a shame if those students had no where to live. Maybe those 'students' could just buy those vacant homes? What's that? They are already owned by foreign 'students'? Well, I'll be damned.

You know the hyperinflation is around the corner when even the "post-national" progressives are banning foreign ownership in the country.

"We are going to crush the residential construction industry with our disrupted supply chains, carbon taxed gas prices and vax mandates that will liquidate competent employee ranks... and oh since we're gonna give all the losers UBI no young people will ever bother to learn the skills to replace those workers. But who cares, we can just seize the private property of foreign owners (like Americans, Brits, and other Europeans... even though most in the west coast will hope against hope that it will be the Chinese getting the worst of it, lol)."

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
You know the hyperinflation is around the corner when even the "post-national" progressives are banning foreign ownership in the country.

"We are going to crush the residential construction industry with our disrupted supply chains, carbon taxed gas prices and vax mandates that will liquidate competent employee ranks... and oh since we're gonna give all the losers UBI no young people will ever bother to learn the skills to replace those workers. But who cares, we can just seize the private property of foreign owners (like Americans, Brits, and other Europeans... even though most in the west coast will hope against hope that it will be the Chinese getting the worst of it, lol)."

In the west, Americans are far and away the largest holders of Canadian real estate.

But yeah, putting the Chinese in the crosshairs is kind of the point.

Nice (planned) timing for Jody Wilson-Raybould to re-open old wounds?

Trudeau says he has not been contacted by RCMP on SNC-Lavalin

Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole accused Trudeau of creating a system of "special access for friends and people close" to him that allowed people to lobby their way out of prosecution.

"This is a culture of coverup, a culture of insider access that we are going to tackle" with accountability measures proposed in the Conservative platform, he said.

At a campaign stop Sunday in Sudbury, Ont., NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh contended that the revelations in Wilson-Raybould's book fit a pattern for the Liberal leader.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
This campaign is a joke. The only thing they won't talk about is the Vax passport,which is the major topic of the moment, I don't think I've heard anyone speak of inflation or the economy. Instead they try to convince us that climate change or indigenous issues are actually important

MRAll134

Pelican
This campaign is a joke. The only thing they won't talk about is the Vax passport,which is the major topic of the moment, I don't think I've heard anyone speak of inflation or the economy. Instead they try to convince us that climate change or indigenous issues are actually important
I cannot believe how milquetoast O'Toole is, from the French debate. The Canadian conservative party of the present is a remnant of the past.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox

Every party panders to Indigenous issues, and then does nothing to solve them, aside from funnelling money to corrupt chiefs and tribal councils.

What's funny is that Indigenous people have the highest vaccine 'hesitancy' of any ethnic group in Canada -- though you wouldn't know from official statistics (reserves don't need to fully report to StatsCan).

HighTower

Robin
Orthodox
Every party panders to Indigenous issues, and then does nothing to solve them, aside from funnelling money to corrupt chiefs and tribal councils.

What's funny is that Indigenous people have the highest vaccine 'hesitancy' of any ethnic group in Canada -- though you wouldn't know from official statistics (reserves don't need to fully report to StatsCan).
The reserves are horrible with 24 lock-downs and forced jabs with no indian rights. All done by their own Chief and Council at the direction and funding of the federal government.

What I find funny is the fact that in the last twenty or more years the feds were unable to get potable water to the indians but the jab took less than a week. That fact speaks volumes to where this jab is going to lead us.

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
Just curious - why pencils are being used for voting?

Isnt it easier to say rig the elections by erasing pencil marks and putting them next to the "right candidate"?

I believe using pens would make the elections process more credible.

MrFreezy

Sparrow

Alberta has fallen. Kenney declares a state of public Emergency. Calls it a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Intoduces Vax Passport.

I guess we should have seen this coming seeing as he was Jesuit trained.
Too freaking bad. Were discussing with wife a move to Alberta. And the Covid situation being a big plus. Well I guess that ship has sailed. Still going to the prairies tough.

Alberta for being "conservative" got surely some weirdos like Kenney. Whats up with a single childless "leader"? Or the mayor of Calgary?

This 'man' and everyone who agrees with him will sanction murder genocide against the unvaccinated if/when allowed to do so. The wording of the propaganda is clear:

As a province and as a government we have been very patient, possibly too patient. The time for patience is now over. The choice to not get vaccinated is not just affecting you; it is now seriously impacting those who did do the right thing... The choice to not get vaccinated is creating consequences for others and I would say, very soon, it is going to create consequences for those who have made the decision to remain unvaccinated.... making it less comfortable to remain unvaccinated in Saskatchewan.
... but that patience has now come to an end. The vast majority of Saskatchewan people have done the right thing. And they are growing tired of the reckless decision of the unvaccinated that is now driving our fourth wave. And Saskatchewean won't wait for you, as we continue to move forward.

Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe blames unvaccinated for, well, everything

The 13 puzzle pieces are filling in, one after the other; soon Canada will be a finished 'work' - not looking forward to that picture on the box actually being accomplished on the table.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Trudeau has been more than willing to talk about it and demonize "anti-vaxxers".

Going to the gym, a restaurant is something that everyone in Canada is allowed to do today. But once Turdeau wins, it becomes dangerous. This is endless. I will give him this, he has a big ego and will push and fight for what he wants for his vision of Canada as a post nationalist state.

uncledick

Woodpecker
Looks like a liberal minority government is now the likely result on Monday. O Toole is finished, and i could see the merger of CPC and PPC being a possibility in the not to distant future, with Bernier being Kingmaker, if the PPC get more than 10% of popular vote or so.

Edit* It's all but guaranteed now that I'll have to bring my AR-15 to my local RCMP detachment by May, to be smelted down as per Trudeaus OIC gun bans.

All the pro-firearms group types on FB have been ramping up the "don't split the vote" hysteria to fever pitch. It's at the point I'll accept a Lib govt if it means the current CPC goes down in flames.

Where's Freeland these days? Keeping a low profile? Maybe they're trying to keep her out of trouble so that if Turdeau drops the ball spectacularly, she'll be ready to jump in and take the reins.

Uncledick: don't take your AR anywhere just yet.