The Canada Political Thread

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
All the pro-firearms group types on FB have been ramping up the "don't split the vote" hysteria to fever pitch. It's at the point I'll accept a Lib govt if it means the current CPC goes down in flames.

Where's Freeland these days? Keeping a low profile? Maybe they're trying to keep her out of trouble so that if Turdeau drops the ball spectacularly, she'll be ready to jump in and take the reins.

Uncledick: don't take your AR anywhere just yet.

Except for maybe on a canoe trip in rough waters.

I barely voted CPC last election, and really only did it because my good friend worked for the CPC political machine. I am mostly of the mindset now that democracy is dead, but I did cast a vote for PPC this year. It actually felt good. I had my son in the booth with me and he asked in a loud voice why I was pressing my 'X' so hard into the paper, as I scratched back and forth with their tiny pencil.

I really don't see Canada coming out of this intact. By the time this pandemic is over, there will be two heavily opposed sides. The majority of Canadians that pushed their every being into the lives of the minority - those that desire freedom and to be left alone. Forgiveness will be rare and revenge will be common.

Add in the institutional failure and I feel there are some pretty tough years ahead for Canada.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
CTV has just declared a liberal minority win. PPC "vote splitting" seems to be a big part of the story, they finally made MSM. Jagmeet is predicted to gain seats.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Another rigged election...

0e885accb6add629.png

Too freaking bad. Were discussing with wife a move to Alberta. And the Covid situation being a big plus. Well I guess that ship has sailed. Still going to the prairies tough.

Alberta for being "conservative" got surely some weirdos like Kenney. Whats up with a single childless "leader"? Or the mayor of Calgary?
Kenney is a closeted homo. Calgary mayor is a homo who sits somewhere between "subtle" and closeted.

Long time Alberta resident here (born and raised, don't live there anymore). All of my friends from AB are or were involved in either Libertarian or Conservative politics on the provincial or federal level, and one of my friends ran in a municipal election. Another friend used to be an ax-man of Harper.

Politics attracts anti-long term and anti-family people. For leftists, that means a lech, and for rightists, that means a closet-case.

Classic quote of my friend who has attended both types of political conventions above an audience level:

"At the left wing conferences they are all about the girls, at the right wing conferences they are all about the booze."

Looks like a liberal minority government is now the likely result on Monday. O Toole is finished, and i could see the merger of CPC and PPC being a possibility in the not to distant future, with Bernier being Kingmaker, if the PPC get more than 10% of popular vote or so.

Edit* It's all but guaranteed now that I'll have to bring my AR-15 to my local RCMP detachment by May, to be smelted down as per Trudeaus OIC gun bans.

My (not completely trustworthy, in terms of future accuracy not actual veracity) sources say Harper is poised for a comeback.

And what AR-15? You lost that in your last move. Guns er bad, m'kay? We don't own guns around here.

Jaeric

Sparrow
Kind of disappointing, honestly. The CPC is essentially no different from the liberals but a symbolic defeat for the libs would've been nice. Honestly I hope the vote splitting does become evident and it sends a message to the CPC. If any of this even matters....
CPC has no one to blame but themselves. They flip flopped on gun control and Vaccine passports so quick, Erin Tool must still be suffering from whiplash.

CPC has no one to blame but themselves. They flip flopped on gun control and Vaccine passports so quick, Erin Tool must still be suffering from whiplash.
If CPC and their supporters had spent as much time going after the Libs and NDP as they did the PPC...

Whatever. The sun came up in the east this morning, it was a gorgeous sunrise. Life goes on and I've learned salvation is not in the hands of one man, and certainly not a politician.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
One thing the PPC has which the Conservatives have long thrown out the window is actually defending conservative positions.

They simply are afraid of the debate when it comes to gun control for example, so much so that they can defend a rollback of some of the recent regulations performed by Trudeau. O'Toole was afraid to debate that federal positions shouldn't be restricted based on vax pass, or trains, flights. They are so afraid to take on the Vaxxy Media Machine that they simply give up every rational position that might actually help us. Rather than say "we can't afford increased benefits while dealing with the medical emergency" and defending that position, they just throw money like liberals and NDP. I think their pitch was just that they would be "liberals with better management".

Looking at the Conservative party of 2021, they simply don't hold a single conservative position. They are in liberal/NDP frame.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that Trudeau thought that his fascist COVID restrictions were so popular that now was the time to make a move and get his party into a majority rule in the government. Either that, or the globalist elites who counsel him told him so.

So, if he ended up only gaining 2-3 more seats, in the long run this is a defeat for globalism. They took a chance and it failed. The status quo prevailed.

I'm seeing a likely massive shift to voting PC in the next election, likely achieving majority status. The main talking selling point of the PC party will be how the Liberals 'mishandled the entire Coronavirus response' - of which the PC will guarantee action to remedy the entire situation once elected (perhaps even including major Liberal players being held accountable?)

If O'Toole plays his cards right and dangles the right mega-carrot, his opposition party will take the next election in a clean sweep.

Unless there's a major last-minute mail-in-ballot-final-count fraud in my favour, looks like I'll be eating my hat in the next day or two.
But since I don't wear a hat, perhaps @Laner or @uncledick will lend me theirs.

2Infinity

Woodpecker
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that Trudeau thought that his fascist COVID restrictions were so popular that now was the time to make a move and get his party into a majority rule in the government. Either that, or the globalist elites who counsel him told him so.

So, if he ended up only gaining 2-3 more seats, in the long run this is a defeat for globalism. They took a chance and it failed. The status quo prevailed.

Hope so but I don't think the bastards care given the opposition is so weak (controlled?) - I am worried about the potential implementation of the plane and train for vaxxed only rule that Trudeau said would go in place by October. If large enough segments of the population doesn't rise up and protest as they are in Australia, it's gonna be dark days ahead for unvaxxed, can't believe the sheep in this country voted again for this guy.

Every single one of the other parties that won seats in this election agree with him on his Covid restrictions.

We're also poised to fire a whole bunch of nurses right in the middle of a nurse shortage. And car/appliance/you name it parts are now on month+ backlogs around the country. And small businesses are having employees quit left and right because the employees would rather stay home and collect CERB... and the businesses and employees who do remain chugging in the work force are mostly comprised of people who are gleefully enforcing vax pass mandates.

So from my vantage point the Globalists are doing pretty great in Canada.

They just got an overwhelming majority of Canadian citizens to tacitly approve their actions with this fake and gay "vote". And just in the nick of time, since we have to get back to trebling our gas prices for Gaia and as many kids as possible into the hands of tranny demons for storytime.

Priorities!