The Canada Political Thread

hedonist

Kingfisher
Will this include international flights? Some pages say domestic flights only others say any Canadian airport. What options would you have to leave to country

SeaEagle

Sparrow
Will this include international flights? Some pages say domestic flights only others say any Canadian airport. What options would you have to leave to country
I might have to bite the bullet and get out now. This country feels like it's in a death spiral.

Why will things get better? Half a million new liberal voters every year and a collapsing white demographic.

Not trying to be blackpilled but it may be time. In Alberta you can't cancel leases so I might be eating 10k if they can find me.

SeaEagle

Sparrow
Were you the other guy thinking about going back to Aus? It’s not a great position to be in right now, I’m kicking myself I didn’t get out now when I had the chance.
No, to Poland.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stuck. Passports are taking 8+ weeks. Guess I'll have to 'fuge my way over the border if I have to. Back to my small business plan..

Last edited:

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I might have to bite the bullet and get out now. This country feels like it's in a death spiral.

Why will things get better? Half a million new liberal voters every year and a collapsing white demographic.

Not trying to be blackpilled but it may be time. In Alberta you can't cancel leases so I might be eating 10k if they can find me.
Where are you headed? USA? I have news for you we are in the same boat (globo homo and an increase in crime / debt/ vax passports etc

2Infinity

Woodpecker
From the gov.ca website, pretty sure it will apply for domestic or international departures, what's more worrying is that it says the Nov 30 deadline is for those "in process of getting vaccinated" so I wonder if that means you have to have 1 shot by then. So in reality the actual deadline is even closer Oct 30 if you want to get on a plane and gtfo.

"Vaccine requirements for travellers

Effective October 30, air passengers departing from Canadian airports, travellers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains, and travellers on non-essential passenger vessels on voyages of 24 hours or more, such as cruise ships, will need to be vaccinated.

Effective October 30, travellers will need to be fully vaccinated in order to board. Specifically, the vaccination requirement will apply to all travellers 12 years of age and older who are:

• Air passengers flying on domestic, transborder or international flights departing from airports in Canada
  • Rail passengers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
  • Marine passengers on non-essential passenger vessels, such as cruise ships, on voyages of 24 hours or more
For travellers who are in the process of being vaccinated, there will be a short transition period where they will be able to travel if they can show a valid COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of travel. By November 30, all travellers must be fully vaccinated, with very limited exceptions to address specific situations such as emergency travel, and those medically unable to be vaccinated.

In addition, this vaccination mandate will include specific accommodation to recognize the unique needs of travellers from small, remote communities (some of which are not accessible by road) to ensure they will be able to travel to obtain essential services in support of their medical, health, or social well-being, and return safely to their homes. This accommodation will be informed by engagement with Indigenous organizations and provinces and territories in the coming days."

hedonist

Kingfisher
From the gov.ca website, pretty sure it will apply for domestic or international departures, what's more worrying is that it says the Nov 30 deadline is for those "in process of getting vaccinated" so I wonder if that means you have to have 1 shot by then. So in reality the actual deadline is even closer Oct 30 if you want to get on a plane and gtfo.

"Vaccine requirements for travellers

Effective October 30, air passengers departing from Canadian airports, travellers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains, and travellers on non-essential passenger vessels on voyages of 24 hours or more, such as cruise ships, will need to be vaccinated.

Effective October 30, travellers will need to be fully vaccinated in order to board. Specifically, the vaccination requirement will apply to all travellers 12 years of age and older who are:

• Air passengers flying on domestic, transborder or international flights departing from airports in Canada
  • Rail passengers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
  • Marine passengers on non-essential passenger vessels, such as cruise ships, on voyages of 24 hours or more
For travellers who are in the process of being vaccinated, there will be a short transition period where they will be able to travel if they can show a valid COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of travel. By November 30, all travellers must be fully vaccinated, with very limited exceptions to address specific situations such as emergency travel, and those medically unable to be vaccinated.

In addition, this vaccination mandate will include specific accommodation to recognize the unique needs of travellers from small, remote communities (some of which are not accessible by road) to ensure they will be able to travel to obtain essential services in support of their medical, health, or social well-being, and return safely to their homes. This accommodation will be informed by engagement with Indigenous organizations and provinces and territories in the coming days."

So essentially impossible to legally leave without a vaccine?

SeaEagle

Sparrow
Does anyone see this going away in a year's time? Or will it intensify even? Roosh was prophetic on this one. I can't just go back into the matrix. Funny how that was a bit of a jab when you think about it..

@eradicator Might be go-time. I'm curious if it would still be fast enough. I'm feeling claustrophobic.

2Infinity

Woodpecker
No, to Poland.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stuck. Passports are taking 8+ weeks. Guess I'll have to 'fuge my way over the border if I have to. Back to my small business plan..

Why do you need a passport to go to Poland? If you are a Canadian citizen then you can arrive and say you are a tourist. Figure out long-term plans once you are there, maybe join a educational institution for a student visa or get a job or such.

2Infinity

Woodpecker
@2Infinity

I just realized my Canadian passport is expired because I gyped myself into a 5 year vs a 10 year.

Darn, try the expedited option for what its worth. I'm trying to find out what happens if you are not even partially vaxxed after Oct 30 - if you can still get on a plane with a test + simply say "I am in the process of getting vaxxed" without any papers, if such it would give us a hard deadline of Nov 30 to make the decision to stay or flee.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
In Alberta you can't cancel leases so I might be eating 10k if they can find me.
I'm not in Canada, but I've never heard of any residential landlord actually going after someone in court for breaking a lease. That's what a security deposit is for. Doesn't make sense for a landlord to bother unless it's some high dollar, specialized situation that would take many months or even years to find another tenant.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich

Rent your place out on a sublease. Or go to the landlord and tell him you are leaving, and that you would like to cancel the lease. If not then you will find a sublessor. Almost all landlords would prefer to pick their own tenants. Sometimes both landlord and tenant advertise the place at the same time. Just tell him you are an extremist and believe Canada is in a death spiral and you want to move.