The Canada Political Thread

BeatUpTruck

Pigeon
Other Christian

You’re exaggerating. It’s the federal health minister telling his own opinion. He has no jurisdiction over the provinces, who regulate their own health care. Alberta and Saskatchewan have both said there will be no mandatory vaccinations, although both these provinces have flip flopped in the past.
Obviously this is a bad omen... but I’ve seen a lot of hyperbole and things taken out of context from our side, as well as the other side. I don’t like it and we don’t need it. The truth is on our side.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
You’re exaggerating. It’s the federal health minister telling his own opinion. He has no jurisdiction over the provinces, who regulate their own health care. Alberta and Saskatchewan have both said there will be no mandatory vaccinations, although both these provinces have flip flopped in the past.
Obviously this is a bad omen... but I’ve seen a lot of hyperbole and things taken out of context from our side, as well as the other side. I don’t like it and we don’t need it. The truth is on our side.
TBH its probably in the cards in the next 4mths or so. Everything the said they wouldn't do they did.....so now with the emboldened attitudes you can bet they will try.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
I agree, but his post wasn’t accurate.
I hope there is no mandatory vax and most in AB and Sask won't comply anyway. It will be seen as an extreme overreaction and may help wake up many normies. I have heard rumours about the leader of one of these provinces and don't imagine he will be around much longer but who really knows.

BeatUpTruck

Pigeon
Other Christian
There is nothing that will make me get vaxxed. It’s a matter of principle at this point. Most of my immediate family feels the same way. Not only will I have myself to look out for/protect but my parents also. Politicians should think long and hard before they start backing people into a corner like that.
Although the other ‘mandatory vaccinations’ in the world are being enforced by fines, not by actually force vaccinating people.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
I hope there is no mandatory vax and most in AB and Sask won't comply anyway. It will be seen as an extreme overreaction and may help wake up many normies. I have heard rumours about the leader of one of these provinces and don't imagine he will be around much longer but who really knows.

AB may not comply, but Saskatchewanians are sheep.

When politicians start floating these ideas to the press, you can be sure that they're going to implement them.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
AB may not comply, but Saskatchewanians are sheep.

When politicians start floating these ideas to the press, you can be sure that they're going to implement them.
Always thought Saskatchewan was the most conservative. Southern Manitoba (with the Mennonite population) is also unvaxed territory. Kenny the 50 year old "pious" virgin is not long for the premier's chair so we have a real chance to replace him with a more solid ally.

I have always dreamed of Alberta and Saskatchewan going it alone. I think you would see an influx of based people from around the world and it would steadily move towards the right each year.

BeatUpTruck

Pigeon
Other Christian
I’m not going to doxx myself on here.
I ask because your post was a broad generalization and your other post was an outright lie. You are bringing this thread down and discrediting the forum.
For one thing... there are A LOT of people from Saskatchewan in Alberta. There have also been a lot from Saskatchewan who once moved to Alberta for work and since moved back home.
Many people from Manitoba will fight mandates, as I have, and as many from the rest of Canada will as well.
I don’t like your posts.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
I ask because your post was a broad generalization and your other post was an outright lie. You are bringing this thread down and discrediting the forum.
For one thing... there are A LOT of people from Saskatchewan in Alberta. There have also been a lot from Saskatchewan who once moved to Alberta for work and since moved back home.
Many people from Manitoba will fight mandates, as I have, and as many from the rest of Canada will as well.
I don’t like your posts.

There's no need for an emotional or defensive response. I merely state what I observe, and if that makes you uncomfortable or triggered, then I can't help that.

We won't win this by 'fighting.' We win this by repenting and relying on the Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you.

BeatUpTruck

Pigeon
Other Christian
There's no need for an emotional or defensive response. I merely state what I observe, and if that makes you uncomfortable or triggered, then I can't help that.

We won't win this by 'fighting.' We win this by repenting and relying on the Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you.
It’s up to you to take responsibility for what you post and uphold the integrity of the forum.
I use the forum to get information about places and things I’m not informed about. I don’t appreciate being misinformed and neither does anyone else.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
I'm ready for mandatory vaccination policies. We need them at this point. Bring it, lets get this over with shall we. Either the people wake up or we get sent to the gulag. Mandatory vaccines do seem to be triggering response from citizenry. Even Canada might stand up.

Remember the anthem, all the sons are supposed to stand on guard. Boomers aren't going to kick anyones arse, and neither will Karens

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I'm ready for mandatory vaccination policies. We need them at this point. Bring it, lets get this over with shall we. Either the people wake up or we get sent to the gulag. Mandatory vaccines do seem to be triggering response from citizenry. Even Canada might stand up.

Remember the anthem, all the sons are supposed to stand on guard. Boomers aren't going to kick anyones arse, and neither will Karens

They are framing and timing it in a way where they say "boosters are not mandatory", blaming the unvaccinated and pushing for mandating it.

With the majority of the public they probably have support not knowing shortly after the government will mandate the booster.

Trudeau didn't order 65 million pfizer shots for nothing.

Thomas More

Hummingbird

I have so far managed to dodge the mask, except when I took my wife to the hospital, or had to fly. Likewise, I have managed to dodge vax mandates for employees of federal contractors. There is a county mask mandate where I live, but it is widely ignored, and I can go into almost any store without being asked to wear a mask. I was asked to wear a mask when I went into a men's clothing store to buy clothes for my father's funeral, and I complied, but that was the rare exception.

I know that there many parts of the world are under cruel tyranny regarding masks and vaccines, but I can't agree with encouraging this as a matter of accelerationism.

For those of us who are able to avoid the policies supported by 70-80% of humanity, I say " do your best to slide under the radar, and wait it out when you can, as long as you can". If your are forced to quit your job and place yourself or your family in poverty, I would say this is the right thing to do, if you can bear it, but I wouldn't go pushing for this confrontation.

The percentage of the population who is in favor of life or death totalitarian measures for this 99.8 survival rate flu is way too high to be messing around.

Let's wait for a backlash in a few months when everybody wakes up from the mass formation psychosis, and realizes this has all been bullcrap. I'm hoping for lots of politicians swinging from lampposts. However, that time has not arrived yet. Let's wait for it, and hang as many as we can when the opportunity arrives.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
I have so far managed to dodge the mask, except when I took my wife to the hospital, or had to fly. Likewise, I have managed to dodge vax mandates for employees of federal contractors. There is a county mask mandate where I live, but it is widely ignored, and I can go into almost any store without being asked to wear a mask. I was asked to wear a mask when I went into a men's clothing store to buy clothes for my father's funeral, and I complied, but that was the rare exception.

I know that there many parts of the world are under cruel tyranny regarding masks and vaccines, but I can't agree with encouraging this as a matter of accelerationism.

For those of us who are able to avoid the policies supported by 70-80% of humanity, I say " do your best to slide under the radar, and wait it out when you can, as long as you can". If your are forced to quit your job and place yourself or your family in poverty, I would say this is the right thing to do, if you can bear it, but I wouldn't go pushing for this confrontation.

The percentage of the population who is in favor of life or death totalitarian measures for this 99.8 survival rate flu is way too high to be messing around.

Let's wait for a backlash in a few months when everybody wakes up from the mass formation psychosis, and realizes this has all been bullcrap. I'm hoping for lots of politicians swinging from lampposts. However, that time has not arrived yet. Let's wait for it, and hang as many as we can when the opportunity arrives.

If it's in a few months that's fine by me, it's a little chilly right now. If mandatory vaccinations came into play, I suppose they would give people 2 months or so to just be fair about the whole situation and allow them to line up for their double jab. This is what they did with the "mandates".

I don't see people waking up more in 2023 than in early 2022, and even if they do, will these marginal players really be the ones who resist? They need a clear signal they are under tyranny, and I think there are alot of people getting it. But, the longer this goes, the more these same people are lulled into the normalcy of it all, and find little ways to live out their days with some kernels of joy. The joy or little freedoms we still have will go away, that much feels obvious to me. That is my opinion, and that is why I say bring it on. They are signalling it, and we shouldn't hesitate to face this challenge in any way.

I'm would worry more about a pause at the status quo, then a winter edict of mandatory vaccinations which seems pretty much inevitable at this point. They are signalling it now, in early January, so it is coming and they do know that protests will be much harder in Canada in January and February.

I'd suggest people get ready.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
It is great we have a space where we can discuss these things. When the vax pass was first instituted I was totally baffled and depressed and couldn't find any people to discuss it with until I happened upon Roosh V Forum. I have found more people are starting to clue in to the government overreach aspect. The mild Omnicon variant is especially helpful to us. The fact the vax now (in the words of vax supporters) doesn't prevent only makes the symptoms milder (in their words not mine) also helps. Add in the fact almost all cases are now amongst the vaxed. I hear people say they recently had COVID even though they are vaxed and so must need a booster. Their line of thinking defies logic and may help wake them up.

I am prepared for either reaction (fight or flight) but we need a larger proportion of the population to wake up. We need more previously vaxed people on our side if we are to actually fight this tyranny in a tangible way. If we don't give people hope this will end I think more and more people will quietly give up and take the vax so they can participate in society. I was in a mall yesterday with my daughter and there was a huge queue of people. We learned it was a vax line for a popup clinic. Totally depressing until the thought occurred that maybe these were already vaxed just getting their boosters.

ed pluribus unum

Pelican
Protestant
It is great we have a space where we can discuss these things. When the vax pass was first instituted I was totally baffled and depressed and couldn't find any people to discuss it with until I happened upon Roosh V Forum. I have found more people are starting to clue in to the government overreach aspect.
Where are you? I'm in Quebec which feels like the epicentre of the turdstorm but it's heartening to know there are like-minded folk out there. I made my way to Montreal for the anti-vax pass rally yesterday and there were at least 5000 people there despite the cold (not the 500 that BS CTV claimed), great atmosphere and everyone happy to not feel alone.

I've also signed on to a couple of Telegram channels including some local ones, that helps too.

Laner

Hummingbird
Protestant
Gold Member
I don’t like your posts.

A good portion of Alberta are first generation immigrants of SK refugees from way back when SK dabbled in full blown Marxism. Men returning from WW2 found that the marxist weasels had slithered into power during the vacuum of war. I heard a stat something like it took until 2005 for SK to return to its previous population. But the point is a lot of freedom loving Albertans are indeed pissed off Flatlanders who had their industries snapped up by Douglas and his government goons and who then left to Alberta.

The whole Peace region of BC may as well be lumped into this demographic as well.

I still have lots of family in SK and they said this Christmas that some of their towns are actually seeing people move back. Some were Flatlanders who went to AB for work, others Albertan and BC folk cashing out of the rat race and insane politics of city life.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
Where are you? I'm in Quebec which feels like the epicentre of the turdstorm but it's heartening to know there are like-minded folk out there. I made my way to Montreal for the anti-vax pass rally yesterday and there were at least 5000 people there despite the cold (not the 500 that BS CTV claimed), great atmosphere and everyone happy to not feel alone.

I've also signed on to a couple of Telegram channels including some local ones, that helps too.
Alberta. The Quebec protests are impressive. We had a massive protest before the last election that might have been as big as 5,000. There are some good leaders in the anti-vax movement (Pastor Artur) here and they are starting to take it to the politicians homes (although the invitations are done privately and I am not privy). I often wonder if we are really accomplishing anything and some of the folks in the movement are definitely very fringe (into all kind of other conspiracies). I think there is starting to be perhaps an understanding that the measures are over the top but don't know if that is enough to roll back the loss of our liberties. For my personal situation, if I lost my job I would be in real trouble.