The Canada Political Thread

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
What do you guys think of "Christian Heritage Party"?

From their platform:

1. ISRAEL
    1. Israel occupies a unique place in history and in current world affairs
    2. Israel stands alone in the Middle East as a democratic nation, surrounded by hostile nations
    3. CHP Canada stands with Israel and supports her right to exist and to defend herself.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
From their platform:

1. ISRAEL
    2. Israel stands alone in the Middle East as a democratic nation, surrounded by hostile nations
    3. CHP Canada stands with Israel and supports her right to exist and to defend herself.
Thats a deal breaker for me. I wonder what's PPC's stand on that.

JoeChill

Woodpecker
Protestant
Gold Member
Bad news for Canadians

The Liberal Party of Canada is introducing a bill to "fight online hate."

It's times like these that I miss Doug Christie, one of the finest men Canada ever produced.
1643985084002.jpg
Here's a good breakdown of the PPC's position (as it was during the 2021 election) on Israel:

Maxime Bernier was a cabinet minister in Stephen Harper’s Conservative government. He later withdrew and founded his own political party. Bernier and the People’s Party of Canada (PPC) don’t specifically mention Israel in their foreign policy platform. On August15 when the election was called, he stood at a lecturn and during his remarks about the other parties he specifically stated “The Green Party is torn between a faction that wants to destroy the modern industrial world and bring us back to the stone age, and another one that’s obsessed with Israel and Jews. Its leader says these people in her own party are racist, sexist and anti-Semitic.”

As of last weekend most polling indicated his party was up to doubling the troubled Green in support, approaching 10% in BC and exceeding that projection in Alberta. PPC promotes a “Canada first” strategy.

However, it is noteworthy that the PPC do acknowledge the corrupt nature of the United Nations in the election campaign. Non-democratic and dictatorial countries are the vast majority within the UN and have the most influence within the assembly, running many councils and committees (Durban IV, anyone?). This has now led to the surreal and ridiculous situation with member states of the UN Human Rights Council being among the worst human rights violators on the planet. In regards to disdain for the anti-Semites at the UN, Bernier and supporters of Israel have known the score for a long time. Bernier has, however, denounced Israeli “illegal settlements” as an impediment to peace.

canuckj

Woodpecker
Other Christian

A complete waste of time. They have been around longer that even the CPC and have never achieved anything. My uncle was a perennial candidate for them. He had real qualifications and would have been elected under another party. I voted for him once or twice out of loyalty but stopped when they made a deal with the MP (Vic Toews) for the one seat where they really stood a chance of achieving anything. They didn't run a candidate in that riding.

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
From their platform:

1. ISRAEL
I could not believe it when I discovered how much the Evangelicals love Israel. My friend explained to me that any politician in the US who disavows Israel in any way can kiss the Evangelical vote goodbye.

JoeChill

Woodpecker
Protestant
Gold Member
She came out in Parliament asking for the dropping of all mandates. That living with Covid meant a "free Canada".

I'd feel better if all of the Conservative Party members took off those stupid masks while she was talking and left them off, daring the other parliamentarians to do something about it. Stop teasing us and get serious (a lot to ask for from the Cuckservative Party, I know). As far as I'm concerned, this is just more talk and no action.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic

They are the only party that is anti abortion in their platform. I have voted for them before. Can anyone really vote for all the other pro abortion parties with a moral conscience? I voted PPC last time because the current covidianism is an acute problem that must be handled.

They are Prot founded and not based on the state of Israel.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
Saskatchewan sort of, kind of, ends its vaccine passports:

Unless the QR code is "Scrapped" we are just delaying the inevitable.
"Proof of vaccination has been an effective policy, but its effectiveness has run its course," Moe said. "The benefits no longer outweigh the costs. It's time to heal the divisions over vaccination in our families, in our communities and in our province. It's time for proof of vaccination requirements to end."

There is an effort on the part of the government to "save face" at this point, but to retain their QR powers.

canuckj

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Saskatchewan sort of, kind of, ends its vaccine passports:

We will see if Kenney lives up to his word at 5:00 pm MT today. I have heard rumours he is wiggling out of this and shifting the goalposts but we will see.

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
We will see if Kenney lives up to his word at 5:00 pm MT today. I have heard rumours he is wiggling out of this and shifting the goalposts but we will see.

I don't understand. The Proof of Vaccination program is supposed to end next Monday, at 12:01am Saskatchewan time.

What is happening today at 5pm Mountain Time?