• *grunts in the affirmative*

Votes: 46 64.8%
  • No, I am gey.

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

nahimgood

Chicken
Orthodox
The whole vegan vs carnivore / low-fat vs high fat debate really comes down to genetics. Anyone advocating for a one size fits all diet is just woefully uninformed.

I did carnivore for 9 months out of obstinence and delusion before I finally got a DNA test that confirmed I am poor at digesting saturated fat. I feel a million times better on a high carb low fat diet. I poop better, sleep better, think better, have better libido, better performance in the gym etc. I don't doubt some people feel better on carnivore though.

BasedBaker

Sparrow
I agree with poster above. I think you need to look at your ancestors and try your best to mimic their diet. If you are Polish eating a Mediterranean diet might not be you best course. Eat what your ancestors ate and supplement in areas where you know you are deficient. I'm also a believer in eating with the seasons.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I agree with poster above. I think you need to look at your ancestors and try your best to mimic their diet. If you are Polish eating a Mediterranean diet might not be you best course. Eat what your ancestors ate and supplement in areas where you know you are deficient. I'm also a believer in eating with the seasons.

This, 100%.

DeWoken

Robin
The whole vegan vs carnivore / low-fat vs high fat debate really comes down to genetics. Anyone advocating for a one size fits all diet is just woefully uninformed.

I did carnivore for 9 months out of obstinence and delusion before I finally got a DNA test that confirmed I am poor at digesting saturated fat. I feel a million times better on a high carb low fat diet. I poop better, sleep better, think better, have better libido, better performance in the gym etc. I don't doubt some people feel better on carnivore though.

Frank Tufano calls his diet the Ancestral Indigenous Diet (the AI Diet :oops:), so his thinking is similar. Myself I don't do well with too much fat but I'm not really dodging the stuff, I wouldn't say I eat a "low-fat diet". The body can adapt to different things, though. Sometimes it takes a lot of work and time to get the change you want, so they tell me.

I am currently working on getting rid of this spare tire that has developed around my midsection due to (I hope) my lack of discipline these challenging past several months. Too much *ahem* sauce on my steak:rolleyes: As Frank was saying in his last day of eating video, when the liver is struggling it copes by storing toxins in your fat. The liver is a procrastinator! If you don't have enough fat I guess it tells your body to build more.

My mind is a lot clearer and I feel like I can tackle problems that I was pushing to the side before... but I think I have more difficulty dealing with challenging people (I see... boomers) - of which there are many in my local. They call it a "social lubricant" for a reason.

I think it was this video.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox

Interested to know what sort of DNA test you did, and what other info it provided you. I've done one, and it was just for ancestral reasons.

Hannibal

Ostrich
Gold Member
I think the biggest reason to give the carnivore diet a shot is to see how well you handle a high fat moderate protein diet. I remember watching the one season of Alone where the guy who won killed and ate a moose and regularly commented about how fat is the fuel of the wilderness, while everyone else on the show was cramping up and developing severe electrolyte issues in the presence of zero carbs.