The Catholic Church thread

Yes how DARE sedevacantists say that Francis is not the Pope just because he is not a Catholic and continually disseminates heresy! That’s just crazy!

Even though here you called Francis a “fake pope”
https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/the-pope-francis-thread.27664/post-1464900

Here you said we need to “just reinstate the true pope, Benedikt” [sic!] https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/the-pope-francis-thread.27664/post-1461830

You refer to the “gay Novus Ordo Tradition” of Vatican II, and the fact that you reject the Vatican II New Mass and attend the “TLM”.
https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads...on-in-religion-in-the-west.39901/post-1473323

But Sedevacantists are the ones who are “delusional” and “dangerous”... LOL, ok.
Again, with another new account, you knitpicked my posts. Congratulations. Thinking the Novus Ordo is gay, does not mean that I reject Vatican II, despise people that visit it or think, which is delusional, that the seat in Rome is vacant. I just think that Benedikt was forced to resign by some select Jesuits and people that have infested the Church. This is one of the conspiracies I actually believe in. Notice there is a difference to the kind of vitriolical hate you Sedes push. I do not try to convert Catholics on this forum to follow a schismatic strain of Catholicism.
Besides, you never criticize other religions or denominations. Really makes one think.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Again, with another new account, you knitpicked my posts. Congratulations. Thinking the Novus Ordo is gay, does not mean that I reject Vatican II, despise people that visit it or think, which is delusional, that the seat in Rome is vacant. I just think that Benedikt was forced to resign by some select Jesuits and people that have infested the Church. This is one of the conspiracies I actually believe in. Notice there is a difference to the kind of vitriolical hate you Sedes push. I do not try to convert Catholics on this forum to follow a schismatic strain of Catholicism.
Besides, you never criticize other religions or denominations. Really makes one think.

How could they force a Pope to resign?

Perhaps by threat of death, but that wouldn't be enough as we are called to be martyred for the Truth if need be, laypeople let alone the man sitting on the chair of St. Peter. I find this theory either portrays Benedict as a coward, or makes no sense. I've heard this a fair litle bit about this, perhaps something with the Vatican Bank or a threat of disclosing some connection of this to a serious scandal. Still none of these hold, if Pope Emeritus Benedict is a holy man. There is the possibility of course that we don't know something.

Pioneer

Sparrow
How could they force a Pope to resign?

Perhaps by threat of death, but that wouldn't be enough as we are called to be martyred for the Truth if need be, laypeople let alone the man sitting on the chair of St. Peter. I find this theory either portrays Benedict as a coward, or makes no sense. I've heard this a fair litle bit about this, perhaps something with the Vatican Bank or a threat of disclosing some connection of this to a serious scandal. Still none of these hold, if Pope Emeritus Benedict is a holy man. There is the possibility of course that we don't know something.
Here are the excerpts of two news blurbs dealing with what Benedict says concerning his resignation:
…he dismissed speculation he may have been blackmailed or pressured into retiring. “It was not a retirement made under the pressure of events or a flight made due to the incapacity to face them,” said Benedict, who lives a reclusive life inside the Vatican and rarely appears in public. “No one tried to blackmail me. I would not have allowed it. “If they had tried, I would not have gone because it is not right to leave when under pressure. “And it is not true that I was disappointed or anything else”.

(“Benedict XVI says papacy wasn’t failure”, ANSA, Sep. 8, 2016)

The retired pontiff bluntly rebuts those who have claimed he resigned the papacy due to threats of blackmail or some other malfeasance.

“No one tried to blackmail me,” he states. “If someone had tried to blackmail me I would not have left because you cannot leave when you are under pressure.”

The retired pontiff says he himself wrote the famous declaration announcing his resignation, which he read aloud in Latin on Feb. 11, 2013 to a meeting of cardinals and bishops at the Vatican.

“I wrote the text of the resignation,” says Benedict. “I cannot say with precision when, but at the most two weeks before.”

“I wrote it in Latin because something so important you do in Latin,” he continues. “Furthermore, Latin is a language in which I know well how to write in a more appropriate way. I would have written it also in Italian, naturally, but there was the danger that I might make an error.”

(Joshua McElwee, “Pope Benedict speaks: ‘I do not see myself as a failure’”, National Catholic Reporter, Sep. 8, 2016)
@FiatVoluntasTua would presumably retort that since “Benedikt” is being blackmailed and acting under duress, his words cannot be taken at face value. If anything, his denial of being blackmailed “proves” that he is being blackmailed. The theory is unfalsifiable in principle and therefore meaningless.

The problem with Joseph Ratzinger though isn’t that his resignation was invalid, but that his entire pontificate was. Ratzinger is as much of a Modernist apostate as Francis is — he just isn’t as pedestrian and in-your-face about it. For example, “Benedikt” denies the dogma of the Resurrection, he denies the dogma of Papal Primacy as defined by the First Vatican Council, and he denies the dogma that original sin is transmitted by natural generation and the doctrine that original sin consists essentially in the loss of sanctifying grace. He has widely permitted the use of the 1962 (“Latin Mass”) Missal only on Modernist conditions. He has even trivialized the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary as simply the heart of anyone who is “pure of heart” as exhorted in the Beatitudes. Ratzinger is a lousy heretic, not a Catholic “restorer of Tradition”. During Vatican II, the suit-and-tie-clad Fr. Ratzinger was even denounced by some as “a heretic who denies hell”, and of course we know that he had already been suspected of Modernism in the 1950s by the Holy Office of Pope Pius XII. Fr. Anthony Cekada (RIP) said it best, Ratzinger is no shepherd, but a “true wolf” and “a sly, slippery old fox”: Don’t be fooled. There’s no difference between Ratzinger and Bergoglio except that Ratzinger likes classical music and the Latin Mass.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
I listened to this homily this morning.

I think for the people on this forum who are very aware of what is happening in society it can sometimes be difficult to seperate out what is Anger and what is Hate. The homily explores how anger is a temporary state, but hatred is something more engrained. At the same time we can "make a habit or enjoy" the state of being angry, something to avoid.

To me the finish hit home. "He will see God most in those who saw through even his most sinful deeds, who never stopped loving who he was meant to be"

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
Today satanic heretic Jesuit James Martin reports that he got a letter of praise from Pope Francis:

I'm not a sede vecantist yet - but their arguments get more convincing as time passes.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Today satanic heretic Jesuit James Martin reports that he got a letter of praise from Pope Francis:

I'm not a sede vecantist yet - but their arguments get more convincing as time passes.
SJ Martin and America magazine have been false teaching heretics for a long time now. EMJ goes off about them regularly - can only imagine what he'll comment about this latest disappointing (yet unsurprising) development.

lasunsets

Pigeon

Think of it this way brother, since we are approaching the end times, wouldn't it make sense for Popes, Bishops and Priests to have fallen away from the straight path and have started to engage in ambiguities? No need to enter the sede camp, all of what we are seeing is supposed to happen but the authentic Catholic faith will always prevail even if it is silenced by our prelates for no one can overturn the Holy Doctrines.

Aloha50

Sparrow
A Bishop has fired a Catholic priest, Fr. James Altman, for publicly proclaiming that you cannot be Catholic and a Democrat.

I mean, Fr. Altman is 100% right:

It's often mentioned that the problem with Protestantism is that there's no authority 'every man can be his own church....'. But the flip side is that with top down authority when that authority is evil, everybody below is effected and there's no remediation as we see here. The priest is stripped of duty and his flock is deprived of his shepherding.

jarlo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
It's often mentioned that the problem with Protestantism is that there's no authority 'every man can be his own church....'. But the flip side is that with top down authority when that authority is evil, everybody below is effected and there's no remediation as we see here. The priest is stripped of duty and his flock is deprived of his shepherding.
You're confusing concepts of authority. When Orthodox/Roman Catholics bring up authority relative to Protestants, they are asking how Protestants can grant the Church the authority to write, compile, and canonize the Gospels and the rest of the New Testament, but then to claim - either explicitly or implicitly - that the Church has no further authority. Orthodox/RCs will also probably claim that their system leads to better outcomes, among which may be temporal authorities, but that's unrelated to the question of authority as regards the Protestant world view.

The authority you're describing here is a temporal problem of bad leadership which has always been a potential problem for every human-led organization - Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Protestant, or secular, and big, medium, or small.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catching up on Fr. Altman recently. It seems we are unsure what happened or why the Bishop took his faculties.

I found it interesting that he had a late calling and was a lawyer who had nice cars, home, vacations and was waiting to find a wife and have 13 children. He also discusses hearing his call at a Mass where another Priest received his Holy Orders.

It seems like he will go through an appeals process. My best guess is it is because he was pushing back against Corona laws.

Aloha50

Sparrow
You're confusing concepts of authority. When Orthodox/Roman Catholics bring up authority relative to Protestants, they are asking how Protestants can grant the Church the authority to write, compile, and canonize the Gospels and the rest of the New Testament, but then to claim - either explicitly or implicitly - that the Church has no further authority. Orthodox/RCs will also probably claim that their system leads to better outcomes, among which may be temporal authorities, but that's unrelated to the question of authority as regards the Protestant world view.

The authority you're describing here is a temporal problem of bad leadership which has always been a potential problem for every human-led organization - Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Protestant, or secular, and big, medium, or small.
It could be said that the early church was on the whole not objectionable which was not the case a thousand years hence. Corruptions come with time (see all history including the US and many once solid Prot denominations). So Prots have no problem with fifth century churchmen compiling the canon of scripture and thank God that He worked through them. Luther had he been born say 200 years earlier would never have left Rome. It just happened that the corruptions of Rome were at there zenith in the early 16th century and God by way of Luther and Gutenberg's press changed the world.

It could be said that the early church was on the whole not objectionable which was not the case a thousand years hence. Corruptions come with time (see all history including the US and many once solid Prot denominations). So Prots have no problem with fifth century churchmen compiling the canon of scripture and thank God that He worked through them. Luther had he been born say 200 years earlier would never have left Rome. It just happened that the corruptions of Rome were at there zenith in the early 16th century and God by way of Luther and Gutenberg's press changed the world.
The Catholic church hierarchy is pretty corrupt - but it isn't even 1% as broken as the 99% of protestant clergy who today endorse abortion, divorce, gay marriage, and transgender abuse of children. If Luther could see the church that bears his name he never would have supported the protestant schism.

magaman

Woodpecker
The Catholic church hierarchy is pretty corrupt - but it isn't even 1% as broken as the 99% of protestant clergy who today endorse abortion, divorce, gay marriage, and transgender abuse of children. If Luther could see the church that bears his name he never would have supported the protestant schism.
This is part of why I've drifted towards Catholicism and away from Protestantism. The Catholic Church is worth saving and preserving. It has been through so much in the past 2000 years and has always survived.

Aloha50

Sparrow
Those protestant 'clergy' are made up mainly of handful of old mainline denominations think Methodists and Episcopalians. They represent a dying sliver of Protestantism. And by dying I mean literally dying as most of its member are over 70. Some Evangelicals are squishy here and there but for the most part solid and same with the Pentecostals although less squishy and more solidly conservative. The Reform, Evangelical and Pentecostal\Charismatic Prots are all growing rapidly around the world. All are orthodox (small 'o') and devout. Gay Episcopal 'pastor' in Maine represents Prot Christianity like a SF gay jesuit represents all Catholics.