The Catholic Church thread

Those protestant 'clergy' are made up mainly of handful of old mainline denominations think Methodists and Episcopalians. They represent a dying sliver of Protestantism. And by dying I mean literally dying as most of its member are over 70. Some Evangelicals are squishy here and there but for the most part solid and same with the Pentecostals although less squishy and more solidly conservative. The Reform, Evangelical and Pentecostal\Charismatic Prots are all growing rapidly around the world. All are orthodox (small 'o') and devout. Gay Episcopal 'pastor' in Maine represents Prot Christianity like a SF gay jesuit represents all Catholics.
Yeah, I think you're right. Around where I live nearly all the protestant churches have have giant gay flags out front - but that may not be the case everywhere.

Rome has gone and done it. They have suppressed TLM.

Highlight of the document:
"The indications on how to proceed in the dioceses are mainly dictated by two principles: on the one hand, to provide for the good of those who are rooted in the previous celebratory form and need time to return to the Roman Rite promulgated by Saints Paul VI and John Paul II; on the other hand, to interrupt the erection of new personal parishes, linked more to the desire and will of individual priests than to the real need of the "holy faithful People of God". At the same time, I ask you to ensure that every liturgy is celebrated with decorum and fidelity to the liturgical books promulgated after the Second Vatican Council, without eccentricities that easily degenerate into abuses. To this fidelity to the prescriptions of the Missal and to the liturgical books, which reflect the liturgical reform desired by the Second Vatican Council,"

Had a good laugh at the section, where Francis says that both sides abuse the Mass. On the one hand, we have literal heretics playing guitar, dancing in Church, conform to Globohomo and closing churches because of the Hoax and on the other hand, we have priests and fathers that really care for the salvation of their children and celebrate the form of mass in a form that has existed for centuries.
Funny that Francis would accuse the good priests and faithful Catholics of division, when this decree will force shisms and divides all over the place.
But, brothers and sisters, this has been prophetized. We have to trust in Jesus Christ and continue to support TLM parishes. God bless.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Rome has gone and done it. They have suppressed TLM.

Highlight of the document:
This is horrible. It doesn’t impact the SSPX, as they don’t operate with the Bishop’s permission, but it’s becoming harder and harder to tolerate this Pope.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Rome has basically said "Pope Paul VI mass is canon, get lost plebs." Like all revolutionaries they celebrate killing the old ways and mock us persistently.

The corralling has begun
I assume this is the end of the FSSP, which will likely mean an exodus to the SSPX. I can also see a group of Trad Catholics moving to sedevacantism.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Had a good laugh at the section, where Francis says that both sides abuse the Mass. On the one hand, we have literal heretics playing guitar, dancing in Church, conform to Globohomo and closing churches because of the Hoax and on the other hand, we have priests and fathers that really care for the salvation of their children and celebrate the form of mass in a form that has existed for centuries.
Funny that Francis would accuse the good priests and faithful Catholics of division, when this decree will force shisms and divides all over the place.
But, brothers and sisters, this has been prophetized. We have to trust in Jesus Christ and continue to support TLM parishes. God bless.
It’s absurd. He’s attacking the traditional, good Catholics as dividing the Faith, while praising the heretics for preserving the Faith. It’s a complete inversion.

This move will simply harden the divisions within the Church.

I assume this is the end of the FSSP, which will likely mean an exodus to the SSPX. I can also see a group of Trad Catholics moving to sedevacantism.
Btw Rome is almost outright saying that SSPX is schismatic
"We have to destroy the Church to save it" says the tradition-destroying Pope, in the name of promoting "unity"
First step to a schism. But the crazy part is Rome is going to frame this as we are the schismatics.
Like all leftists, projection is their weapon

With this document, it makes me think:

First and foremost, even if Bergoglio were Pope, he still couldn't suppress the Mass.

If this can be done to the Mass in the Latin Rite, just wait, the Eastern Catholic Churches are next.

People need not despair, Bergoglio has now set the precedent that in the future the novus ordo can likewise be suppressed. There really is no equivalent to "Quo Primum" for the novus ordo, and reading the document, where it talks about "distortions" in the novus ordo, it is setting up the novus ordo for future suppression.

Time is also on our side. They can try this, but soon this generation of bishops will be dead, and looking at places like France, the only growth in priests is in traditional orders. They wouldn't have put out this document if they were winning.

I not only view this as more proof that Bergoglio is not Pope, but also view it as an assault on Western Civilization itself. The Mass of White Western Civilization must be made a mockery of, and cannot be taken seriously. They're telling everyone that their ancestors who had this Mass were all evil oppressors, and must be forgotten.

A part of me wishes I had been born in another century. A future century having the Mass on spaceships traversing the Solar System, or in the Middle Ages with Mass celebrated in a tiny village.

The text of the letter is here:

The key things are:

1. Priests will need permission again to celebrate the TLM. So if you're in a diocese where the bishop does not support it the bishop may now shut it down. All current Latin Masses will need to re-apply.

2. The Mass cannot be celebrated in the "parochial churches" and no new "personal parishes" may be set up. So does this mean that the TLM cannot use churches any more? We're rapidly going back to house churches and catacombs.

3. New groups cannot be started.

The text of the letter is here:

The key things are:

1. Priests will need permission again to celebrate the TLM. So if you're in a diocese where the bishop does not support it the bishop may now shut it down. All current Latin Masses will need to re-apply.

2. The Mass cannot be celebrated in the "parochial churches" and no new "personal parishes" may be set up. So does this mean that the TLM cannot use churches any more? We're rapidly going back to house churches and catacombs.

3. New groups cannot be started.
You missed the posts above lol