The Chosen series

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
There is a crowd funded series called The Chosen, it's about Jesus and His gospel. I thought you guys might be interested in it.

Trailer

Episode 1

You can watch the rest on an Android or iOS app.

Paul in 1 Corinthians mentions feeding new believers with "milk" rather than "meat". Sure its a little glamorized but I didn't find it off putting. Maybe it turns into "The Jesus Project" for our decade and can be used to introduce folks with little Biblical understanding to the issues of that time and to Jesus.

If the "soap opera" parts were kept to a minimum, and emphasis was on real Biblical events and characters I think it could be quite good.

Last edited:

Rob Banks

Pelican
I find it crass and profane to make soap-operas out of the Gospel, and I wish prots would stop doing this.
Just out of curiosity, do you also have a problem with a movie like Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ?

It was a good movie, but it always struck me kind of weird to have Hollywood actors portraying Jesus and other holy Biblical figures.

But then again, we’re not Muslims, who don’t allow any depictions of Muhammad.

ilostabet

Pelican
Just out of curiosity, do you also have a problem with a movie like Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ?

It was a good movie, but it always struck me kind of weird to have Hollywood actors portraying Jesus and other holy Biblical figures.

But then again, we’re not Muslims, who don’t allow any depictions of Muhammad.
I don't. In fact, I think that is the only movie that takes the Gospel seriously. I believe it was divinely inspired in some way.

Reactions: 911