The Clubhouse Thread

AManLikePutin

Kingfisher
This is app is relatively new but you can just feel this is going to absolutely explode and establish itself among the very top.

Its popularity has shot off the roof after Elon Musk suggested having a conversation with Putin on the app, and Kremlin said they find the idea interesting and will look into it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-clubhouse-idUSKBN2AF11N

As of now, it's only available on iOS. After the unexpected boom, it's become invite-only, but that's expected to change in the coming months.

So, what's it all about?

I've been on it for 4 days, but to describe it, it's like a 24/7 available radio where the channels are LIVE, and you have the chance to participate in the discussion. You can curate the rooms that will be suggested to you based on the clubs/people you follow and the interests you choose upon signing up.

There is no option of in-app text messaging for the members. You can include and link to your Twitter and Instagram account however, only those two.

If you want to ping someone you follow, it invites them to a live audio discussion. There is absolutely no text or video.

I've seen it used as a business networking tool, dating tool, money tool (many rooms discussing stocks, crypto, etc) serious discussion about a current topic tool (e.g. vaccines), language exchange tool, and many more. I'm still learning how to optimize my experience and get the most value out of it. Unlike other social media, you don't have to be on the app to be on it. You can tune in during a drive, as you're cooking meals, etc.

You can find a new community of people with like-minded interests be it religion, sport, politics, ethnicity, etc. Recording the conversations is completely forbidden and if discovered, will lead you to get kicked out of the platform.

You can either join/create public discussion rooms, open to all. You can join rooms with elite/famous people and ask them live questions. You'll simply click "raise your hand", and the moderator adds you to list of speakers and you can start speaking to the audience...you can also create friends-only private rooms that will act as a live audio conference call and such with whomever you invite to the room.

And this is still in pretty much the BETA phase and it'll be evolving every other week.

China allowed the app for 6 hours before banning it, while Russia has been very open to it so far (even Putin considering Musk's offer) and this app's popularity has gone to the moon in Russia. I often tune in to listen to Russian discussion rooms to improve my listening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curious to see what you guys think of it? To me, it's the main competitor to Twitter, as it allows much more streamlined and higher-quality discussion, with added personal touch as someone's voice is a lot more personal than text. Can it be trusted though? Could it be a psy-op? So far I've been getting a lot of value out of it, so let's see how it goes.

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
Interesting. Finally a new idea pops up instead of the same dating apps, messaging apps, photo liking apps, and video apps.

The beginning is usually the best time to be part of any social network or new app before it turns to crap. So network and making lots of contacts before the thing gets flooded with normies or walls get added by the app that reduce functionality.