The Colin Kaepernick thread

heavy

Hummingbird
Gold Member
RE: GQ Picks Colin Kaepernick as Citizen of the Year

(deleted dupe JJ Watt sourced tweet)

Then there was one I can't find with a picture of him on GQ next to empty stands.

Guy creates divisiveness. Guy kills an industry. Kills the exchange of goods and services. Guy becomes man of the year.

Easy_C

Peacock

You mean the guy who is so principled that he started the protests right when he was in danger of being fired, and coincidentally is willing to stop the protests just as soon as somebody hires him?

Renzy

Pelican

RIslander said:
GQ has always been a fag rag. Who cares.

This is the same "men's" magazine that has that fat feminist Lindy West sharting out articles for them

Lindy_West.jpg

Rotten

Robin

He never recovered from his injury. His mobility isn't elite anymore and his accuracy is terrible.

He never was a fit in pro-style offenses, and now after his injury the athleticism isn't there for anybody to customize an offense for him.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member

When he announces his engagement to Caitlyn Jenner, we will know Zelcorpion is right about the globalists.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member

Super_Fire said:
He's been vilified by millions and locked out of the NFL—all because he took a knee to protest police brutality. But Colin Kaepernick's determined stand puts him in rare company in sports history: Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson—athletes who risked everything to make a difference.

Puhhhleez

EndsExpect

Kingfisher

Super_Fire said:
He's been vilified by millions and locked out of the NFL—all because he took a knee to protest police brutality. But Colin Kaepernick's determined stand puts him in rare company in sports history: Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson—athletes who risked everything to make a difference.

You know the difference between all those other athletes and Kaepernick? They were BLACK. I mean Holy fucking shit... this guy puts on an afro wig and now he can lead a movement?

This trans-racial shit has to stop. This Fucker is the Caitlin Jenner of race.

stugatz

Pelican

Fuck him. Not really because of what he said, but because of how and where he said it.

He was a quarterback with a Twitter account, and had the money and free time to be an activist for whatever cause he wanted. No, though, that wasn't enough - he had to annoy football fans by dragging his politics into the games and forcing them to watch. This especially annoys me, because sports was really the only place in entertainment left to run to.

I've long conceded that music and film are far more interesting when they're highly emotional and relevant...so politics is a natural thing to include in both of those mediums. (What I was annoyed by there wasn't politics in movies or music, but the conversation in both of those being monopolized by lefties only.) Sports, though, is just an athletic competition where none of that matters, right? Nope. If I want to escape for a while - just relax and watch some huge guys kill each other over a ball - I'm going to have to wade through the retarded musings of Colin Kaepernick to do it first, and he's going to laugh in my face as he gives me the finger.

The condescending tone him and his kneeling teammates have here is infuriating. He thinks that Americans are too addicted to their sportsball to stop watching.

porscheguy

Ostrich

As I’ve already said, people have been placing him on a pedestal since he first grew hair on his balls. Tell me how he’s been oppressed?

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

So, in the top right corner of the magazine is the words "Men of the Year - The New American Heroes". Seriously, GQ? What have the "men" really done that made them "The New American Heroes"? :tard:

As for Colin Kaepernick, this is what he used to look like before:
merlin-to-scoop-126928352-250104-blog427.jpg

350x197

Cq5Ss2YWcAARrdo.jpg

He was such a good player back then. Now? Thanks to his crazy wife who caused Colin's radical transformation and conversion to Islam, she clearly has him by the balls so Colin follows her instead of her following his lead.
Cq55udRW8AAz6WT.jpg

Colin is a weak man being controlled and brainwashed by his wife. Sad!

Atlanta Man

Ostrich
Gold Member

Damn his wife to be is a fine woman! The haterade is strong against Colin, the man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?

Latinopan

Hummingbird

When his biggest accomplishment is being in the cover printed magazine, a business that is dying, instead of making millions being a pro athlete, you know his priorities are wrong.

Atlanta Man said:
The haterade is strong against Colin, the man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?
Agree. Unfortunately a lot of members here simply have "certain" views about the world and "attitudes" towards certain types of people that are.... not shared by people like you and me (and most people in the world). I won't delve into this or say anything further about it, but I think we all know what I'm talking about. It's a reason why I mostly just stick to the Travel section....

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member

anicca said:
Atlanta Man said:
The haterade is strong against Colin, the man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?
Agree. Unfortunately a lot of members here simply have "certain" views about the world and "attitudes" towards certain types of people that are.... not shared by people like you and me (and most people in the world). I won't delve into this or say anything further about it, but I think we all know what I'm talking about. It's a reason why I mostly just stick to the Travel section....

First rule of business: don't piss off your customers.

Colin is an entertainer.

His entire career is based on entertaining people.

His customers are blue collar middle Americans.

He's doing something that isn't entertaining to his customers.

People are rightfully booing and walking away.

He's welcome to speak his mind. That's his right. It's also everyone else's right to disagree and walk away.

Unfortunately, his opinion isn't shared by his customers.

Moral of the story: know your audience.

booshala

Pelican
Gold Member

anicca said:
Atlanta Man said:

Hilarious username +1 from me. Wondering if "monica" was taken already.

MajorStyles

Pelican

Atlanta Man said:
Damn his wife to be is a fine woman! The haterade is strong against Colin, the man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?

I've seen at least ten responses in this thread that provide logical reasoning as to why he's not liked.

stugatz

Pelican

Atlanta Man said:

Because he flamboyantly did it at a time when he was supposed to be entertaining us, knowing full well that he was going to piss off a very large section of football fans.

This would be like me performing at a majority black jazz club, and stopping the show to shout that Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown deserved it. Some would be offended and just stand there, some wouldn't be offended, and a large enough percentage would want stomp me.

Atlanta Man said:

For me, it's the fact that the guy is an obvious phony. Back when he was on top, shredding defenses and going to the Super Bowl, you didn't see any of this. But then his career goes downhill, he gets benched, and all of a sudden he "finds enlightenment".

Some people like to claim he's cut from the same cloth as Muhammad Ali or Jim Brown- Sorry, he ain't.

It's like a hot chick that hits the wall, loses her power over men, and all of a sudden cares about "women's rights".