The Colin Kaepernick thread

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
RE: GQ Picks Colin Kaepernick as Citizen of the Year

budoslavic said:
Cq55udRW8AAz6WT.jpg

This one isn't fair. I don't think BLM took down the World Trade Center or blew up flight 800. They didn't bomb the USS Cole. Radical Islam did those things. Black lives matter doesn't cut off little girls noses. Radical Islam loves that shit.

Colin kaperneck is kneeling at a football game during the national anthem. He isn't shooting up a Tampa gay bar. Neither is black lives matter.

This one goes to far.

Aloha!

stugatz

Pelican

Kona said:
budoslavic said:

This one isn't fair. I don't think BLM took down the World Trade Center or blew up flight 800. They didn't bomb the USS Cole. Radical Islam did those things. Black lives matter doesn't cut off little girls noses. Radical Islam loves that shit.

Colin kaperneck is kneeling at a football game during the national anthem. He isn't shooting up a Tampa gay bar. Neither is black lives matter.

This one goes to far.

Aloha!

BLM is a little too cozy for comfort with The Nation of Islam, but that's just a black supremacist hate group that happens to be Islamic. They're not mainstream Muslims and a distinction needs to be made there.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member

GQ's editor:

Breaking+Bad+NY+Premiere+2013+After+Party+bx63MLGf-jDx.jpg

Jim Nelson, with his partner, John, a dancer

Seems Esquire Philippines has gone no soy:

B-2NkibVEAEOOZY.jpg

Atlanta Man said:
The man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?

To put the shoe on the other foot, imagine J.J. Watt had been taking a knee during the national anthem to bring attention to how less than 13% (black Americans) of the U.S. population commit 52% of homicides* and about 40% of violent crime.

My guess is if he did that, he would be fired, his career would be over and it would a struggle to be able to show his face anywhere ever again. But you could say he is just standing up for facts; Coppernick is standing up for his opinions.

Kappernick has joined the trend promoted by a large portion of the mainstream media that there are police (seemingly including black police officers) that deliberately kill people because they are black and for no other reason. To my knowledge there are no recent open and shut cases as such. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In terms of homicides (and presumably other violent crime) America has 4-5 times more than what you find in most European countries. The US also has 4-5 cities that are in the top 50 for homicides in the world and this occurs disproprtionaltey in black areas. This means the police can be in tense situations/environments and there is going to be collateral damage, people are going to die when it could have been avoided. The other alternative is to go European and go so far as to ban pepper spray and put people in jail for attacking burglars.

Then there will be some bad apples, people who use excessive force because they are bad people who enjoy hurting people. I am not expert, but this does appear to be a problem. Yet as far as I know there is no evidence of people being killed by police because they are black; though it could have happened.

The frustration with Kapernick, as I see it is two-fold:

1) Anti-Americanism, which has become rife in the MSM news, Hollywood and music. Sports seem to have a much more patriotic following and was until recently, free from politicisation, particularly political correctness and grievance politics

2) White people are becoming increasingly tired of day after day being told they are inherently bad and responsible for all the bad in the world as well as the double standards as to what they are allowed to say and is allowed to be said about them and what other races can say while not being acceptable to say anything bad about

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member

Atlanta Man said:
Damn his wife to be is a fine woman! The haterade is strong against Colin, the man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?

Kaperneck is a charlatan, this is the issue. He started his protest with no coherent reason. Many speculated that it started in protest to SF 49ers Owner Mr York that was running the team (and Kaperneck and his career ) into the ground, other words came it was directed at coaching staff also. It then morphed into a Anti-crusaude that Kap could not define nor willfully become the leader for. What doomed Kaperneck and the rest of the NFL players is they never defined they outrage and never fumbled the actions towards a set of measurable action items. All those are hallmarks of a legitimate counter movement, lack those and all you are doing is engaging in a attention whoring excersise. It is no different then the feminists who edge that men are toxic but never articulate how this can be fixed in a unified manner. You get some feminists who think all men should be castrated, while others must want equal pay (which already exists) -- and you see how the public does not respect your movement if you can't find structure and leadership towards it because minus that you are just noise and not anything tangible. Nobody likes a noisy situation that is noisy because it ain't is, and not because it has to be.

This is the issue where you get a lot of privileged, well compensated, wealthy men who have the brain power of a pot of a boiled potatoes. Because what started with Kaperneck became Micheal Bennet (who for the sake of attention crested a police situation story that turns out was not true to his story) and then a majority of rosters all proceeding to disrespect symbols of a young nation that is held loosely together by said nationalistic symbols. These men, few came from much and it shows, because even if you don't come from a military background you should know some who do.

I'm Canadian of a similar background to these football guys, but I have friends in the military and I respect them for doing a service that I have the freedom not to partake in. I make sure I show respect to veterans when I see them, I donate a little money I can to the Leigons and I wear my poppy up here proudly. I'm am just aware that is important to respect the hustle of those men because it allows me the ability to be free and prospor.

Majority of people have similar views and it is the NFL users who are out of touch and could not read this from their position of high class and privilege. "Knowing your audience" is key as those players are well compensated entertainers and should not confuse this. This would be the same as a major theatre company coming out as anti-LGBT as we all know "Big Theatre" and all the major stage and Broadway groups are run by gays. That company would be crussfied and chocked off quickly. This is essentially what Kaperneck and the players have done with football and tossing shade at American symbols.

Your average NFL fan is a simple dude from Ohio that works with his hands. He sweats for a dollar just like his favorite players do but he does not get the 8-figures for his effort. This man cares deep for his country as it gives him the freedom to take his son to one Eagles game a year and he keeps that going as he remembers how his dad did that but he lost his dad to Vietnam and mad sure his son didn't follow that same path but is still deeply patriotic. That is the story of millions of men and it shows the out of touch nature of NFL players who proceeded to insult that Ohio man and the rest of the NFL fan base at large.

Folks also don't jive with the players as looks all phony and forced because....

Where were the game checks being donated?
Where was the players walking off?
Where was the users union being used as a central voice and center to lead action; where was the union taking a cut of checks to donate?

You notice these players didn't put a dime or money or a ounce of sweat towards what they claimed was the biggest injustice they faced (yet could not define). When it came down to money all stated in line like the subversent cattle they all are, groveling for that paycheck (St Louis Rams had actual action items when the Furgerson situation was at its peak, they even threatened to walk off the field and not play, whole, lockeroom was in board, they were out giving time and money to try and help -- curiously the NFL union did not fill this whole when the team moved to Los Angeles - one example of many).

The players crusade now has morphed into a tantrum for three fallen brother Kaperneck, in many cases has become the maryr for the players. Kaperneck isn't good for the football brand so even if be was talented enough to make an NFL roster (he really isnt. People over estimate how good he was and forget he was compete trash when he got fazed out of the league.), and when he did his aggressive girlfriend spoiled it for him on two occasions. So the players are mad that Kaperneck does not have a job. But again none of these players will truly do anything impactful as they don't want to end up unemployed like Kaperneck... Of course (where are the star athletes who are saying they will give up there roster spot for Kaperneck. The star player is immune to getting cut, of course - none will jeporize their own money, of course, for the greater good of the "movement"). But even Kaperneck with his millions made knows he can't do anything meaningful aside from throw a pigskin and is desperately trying to get back in the league so he can make millions again and get back doing being that suave dude who did rich-man pictorials in GQ. I'm on my phone but please somebody show the pics of Kaperneck being a suave 1%er flaunting his wealth and playing up his thug image all far cry from his humble background as a kid raised by white folks in Wisconsin or some shit.

Overall it's all a damn farce. I give kaperneck some slide as he is the only one paying for this, and is not esting his crow. Yet, as others mentioned his ability to be vocal on issues means that others have the freedom not to agree with him. Still yet to this day Kaperneck has never once articulated or defined what targeted issues he is attempting to fix and what means or methods could be a solution. Only thing I've seen is Kaperneck have his 'Motherland moments' where a genetically black, yet white American raised man is going back to Africa to find his roots. Nothing wrong with that but I hope he then starts to speak up on the injustices over there. Once he learns how people get treated over there he will soon realize that America, with its faults and issues is like the Ritz versus the freeway motel if you talk about personal freedom and personal vitality versus much of Africa.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

anicca said:
Agree. Unfortunately a lot of members here simply have "certain" views about the world and "attitudes" towards certain types of people that are.... not shared by people like you and me (and most people in the world). I won't delve into this or say anything further about it, but I think we all know what I'm talking about. It's a reason why I mostly just stick to the Travel section....

You better check your micro aggressions bro... I don't like Colin K, go ahead and call me what you insinuated with your post. I am literally Hitler right? The forum is filled with white power loving Nazi's right? I don't give a fuck if Colin K was white or fucking Asian...he is a drama queen who is a talking head for his girlfriend. He opted out of his contract early for whatever reason. He started this current shit show in the NFL. An because I don't like him I'm just a racist cracker huh? Don't come in here posting that passive agressive shit. If you got something to say fucking say it or keep your mouth shut.

See you guys in 7 days

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member

gework said:
GQ's editor:

Breaking+Bad+NY+Premiere+2013+After+Party+bx63MLGf-jDx.jpg

Jim Nelson, with his partner, John, a dancer

Seems Esquire Philippines has gone no soy:

B-2NkibVEAEOOZY.jpg

Atlanta Man said:
The man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?

To put the shoe on the other foot, imagine J.J. Watt had been taking a knee during the national anthem to bring attention to how less than 13% (black Americans) of the U.S. population commit 52% of homicides* and about 40% of violent crime.

My guess is if he did that, he would be fired, his career would be over and it would a struggle to be able to show his face anywhere ever again. But you could say he is just standing up for facts; Coppernick is standing up for his opinions.

Kappernick has joined the trend promoted by a large portion of the mainstream media that there are police (seemingly including black police officers) that deliberately kill people because they are black and for no other reason. To my knowledge there are no recent open and shut cases as such. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In terms of homicides (and presumably other violent crime) America has 4-5 times more than what you find in most European countries. The US also has 4-5 cities that are in the top 50 for homicides in the world and this occurs disproprtionaltey in black areas. This means the police can be in tense situations/environments and there is going to be collateral damage, people are going to die when it could have been avoided. The other alternative is to go European and go so far as to ban pepper spray and put people in jail for attacking burglars.

Then there will be some bad apples, people who use excessive force because they are bad people who enjoy hurting people. I am not expert, but this does appear to be a problem. Yet as far as I know there is no evidence of people being killed by police because they are black; though it could have happened.

The frustration with Kapernick, as I see it is two-fold:

1) Anti-Americanism, which has become rife in the MSM news, Hollywood and music. Sports seem to have a much more patriotic following and was until recently, free from politicisation, particularly political correctness and grievance politics

2) White people are becoming increasingly tired of day after day being told they are inherently bad and responsible for all the bad in the world as well as the double standards as to what they are allowed to say and is allowed to be said about them and what other races can say while not being acceptable to say anything bad about

No need to make it about you. Also, yes you are not en expert.

I don't sympathize much with the "muh white" crowd either. Many of the ailments that are structural cooked into Black America are the same issues that will eventually plague White America as it all by design. Too much of the "Muh white" crowd does not want to read about history to learn lessons about the tactics and methods of the past that took a group of people that were modest, self-sustaining, church loving and had the highest rates of marriage in America to a population rife with family and community issues.

Kaperneck is a moron but no need to drag to grabage going on in Europe into this.

Black America has issue but Kaperneck did no body favours taking his agressions of play calling and salary into the avenue of poltical discourse and driving it and parking it in the middle of America;s largest entertainment platform.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member

Atlanta Man said:
Damn his wife to be is a fine woman! The haterade is strong against Colin, the man stood (or took a knee) for his beliefs-why the hate?

I dont hate Colin but I do feel that what he did was violation of the public's trust. In a way I liken what he did to some of the sexual misconduct cases we hear about now. Imagine a poor congressional aid or assistant producer showing up to a congressman's or entertainer's room or apt under false pretenses only to get an unsolicited towel drop and subsequent eye full of a fat guy's dick.

Personally I think protesting the things we sincerely see as wrong with our country and/or society as the most patriotic duty. Wanting America to be better is what every patriotic American wants. (The definition of "better" is a completely different topic of discussion)

But force feeding one's beliefs on others under the guise of another reason to have their attention is uncool at best. If I tune into an NFL game I want to see some highly tuned highly paid physical freaks of nature do some extraordinary physical shit...not bait and switch me with their political stances.

"Bitch thats raping my time"-Patrice Oneal

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member

Consistancy is another thing. I respect freedome fighters who havea cause and are willing to put in the walk to match the talk. It takes big balls to pur yourself out there like that. In Kap's case though he was radcalized purely due to pussy. His reincarnation as Latte X is puzziling because he was just fronting as a wannabe thug to get in with the street crowd with his branding. Only after he started smashing his (very hot) gf who is a nutcase did he decide he was going to be a freedome fighter. Don't ever let pussy change your virtures and your convictions because the woman will never be as invested into as you. Kaperneck is the one missing income and enorsements while his GF gets off untoched.

Repo

Hummingbird

He keeled without saying a word and without causing any delay to the game you tuned to watch. . . .that is a far cry from force feeding you his beliefs.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member

Repo said:
He keeled without saying a word and without causing any delay to the game you tuned to watch. . . .that is a far cry from force feeding you his beliefs.

He knowingly co-opted the stage he was provided to platform for another purpose. That's duplicitous

As I said I dont think he's a bad guy. I dont think he expected the media to take this as far as it has...but he knew they were watching after the first time he did it. I also dont think he expected it to annihilate his career...which is a shame

Thomas Jackson

Woodpecker

We see this all too often in biracial people - they have an identity crisis and to prove themselves and they go off the deep end in one direction. Colin was the product of a white mother and black father (who deserted him) and adopted by a wealthy white family. He has never laid out a logical coherent issue or method of tackling it besides muh oppression. He has spouted numerous Marxist talking points like he just got out of a freshman sociology class, but clearly doesn't understand the underlying issues to any high degree.

EndsExpect

Kingfisher

Atlanta Man said:

You know that old saying about Hos and Housewives? This chick got passed around the locker-room like a party favor, and Colin was the the last stop on that train.

Colin-Kaepernick-Nessa-Aldon-Smith.jpg

People hate Colin for several reasons, the first being that she openly shits on Veterans... the Second being that he is Terrorist sympathizer... the Third is that he pretends to speak for black people despite not being black. I could add some more stuff about how he hates on good cops without bothering to call out the bad ones, but what's the point?

anicca said:
Agree. Unfortunately a lot of members here simply have "certain" views about the world and "attitudes" towards certain types of people that are.... not shared by people like you and me (and most people in the world). I won't delve into this or say anything further about it, but I think we all know what I'm talking about. It's a reason why I mostly just stick to the Travel section....

Right... because anyone who doesn't like him HAS to be racist. That's fucking horseshit and you know it.

Here is the deal. We know that Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, and Philando Castle where straight up murdered. We know these things happen, and justice infrequent. However, to pretend that it only happens to black guys when most of people killed by police are white is pure RACIST BULLSHIT. Last time I looked in 2015 the people shot by police 732 were white, and 381 were black.

So, as to why Kaepernick rubs me the wrong way. He is a millionaire athlete that grew up spoiled and pampered like a bitch... and he acts like it. I have personally faced more ill treatment at the hands of police than him. Fuck him.

Bottom line. It's not the message I'm against... it's the messenger. When this comes from a guy like Micheal Bennett who has had issues with police I'm willing to listen. If a guy like Russel Wilson or RG3 brought up this issue... I would not disapprove. However, fuck Kaepernick. If you want to suck him off, then be my guest, but don't pretend that just because people don't have your same bisexual fantasies that they are racists.

YossariansRight

Ostrich
Gold Member

Cr33pin said:
anicca said:

You better check your micro aggressions bro... I don't like Colin K, go ahead and call me what you insinuated with your post. I am literally Hitler right? The forum is filled with white power loving Nazi's right? I don't give a fuck if Colin K was white or fucking Asian...he is a drama queen who is a talking head for his girlfriend. He opted out of his contract early for whatever reason. He started this current shit show in the NFL. An because I don't like him I'm just a racist cracker huh? Don't come in here posting that passive agressive shit. If you got something to say fucking say it or keep your mouth shut.

See you guys in 7 days

:potd:

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member

I don't think this is about Kaepernick.

GQ is owned by Condé Nast, which also publishes Teen Vogue, The New Yorker, and Vanity Fair. This is about (another) big corporation sending the message that America is racist and oppressive. They're just using Colin to make those points.

You could go into almost any city in the U.S. and find successful African-Americans making a difference, running businesses, or working in the public sector. Off the top of my head I know about five at my old college alone, plus one in PR, two in the medical field (one of whom is a genius surgeon), one former editor, and several friends of my family.

If GQ wanted to focus on African-Americans, why wouldn't GQ pick any of these people as Citizen of the Year? Or why not Oprah or Herman Cain?

Because that would put forth the worldview that America is a fair place where almost anyone can succeed. This isn't the what Big Media and corporate American want to get across.

So the question now becomes: Why does Big Media want to make everyone think America is a hotbed of racism and we need people to stand up against "oppression," when the success of countless minorities tells a different story?

EndsExpect

Kingfisher

Days of Broken Arrows said:

Because that would put forth the worldview that America is a fair place where almost anyone can succeed. This isn't the what Big Media and corporate American want to get across.

So the question now becomes: Why does Big Media want to make everyone think America is a hotbed of racism and we need people to stand up against "oppression," when the success of countless minorities tells a different story?

I worked in Democrat political campaigns for over a decade. I'm pretty sure I know this answer. What motivates the majority of white Liberals is moral exculpation. Harvey Weinstein for example... he rapes and abuses women, but then supports feminist causes to "wash" his sins away. This is how he convinces himself that he is a good person. This also gives Liberals the feeling of moral superiority. This gives them the false sense that they are better people than racist America. That is why they do this on a personal level.

On a political level, they do this to keep black people in their place. They convince the nation that 5,000 mentally deranged Nazis are a huge threat by conflating Republicans with racists. Then as each election comes they essentially burn a cross in the front yard of black people to make sure they don't get a mind of their own.

The secret is that Democrats refer to black people in the US as "Captured Voters". This allows them to give lip service only to black concerns like over policing, and shitty schools, while keeping them as a near enslaved voting block. The only real choice black people have is to vote Democrat or not vote.

Obama got them really excited... as he should. He was also a big letdown because he just sucked off the white liberals the whole time. There is a reason people who actually give a shit about the black community were upset with him. However, if the Democrats run another black person... or perhaps anyone of color they have been conditioned to vote this way, and that person will win.

If you look at the demographics, Trump won because of low turnout specifically among black folks. They voted for him by not voting. Democrats realize this and thats what the whole Charlottesville episode was all about in the media. If they can convince black people that Trump is racist they will vote against him in 2020.

Does that make sense?

Gradient

Kingfisher

EndsExpect said:
Days of Broken Arrows said:

I worked in Democrat political campaigns for over a decade. I'm pretty sure I know this answer. What motivates the majority of white Liberals is moral exculpation. Harvey Weinstein for example... he rapes and abuses women, but then supports feminist causes to "wash" his sins away. This is how he convinces himself that he is a good person. This also gives Liberals the feeling of moral superiority. This gives them the false sense that they are better people than racist America. That is why they do this on a personal level.

On a political level, they do this to keep black people in their place. They convince the nation that 5,000 mentally deranged Nazis are a huge threat by conflating Republicans with racists. Then as each election comes they essentially burn a cross in the front yard of black people to make sure they don't get a mind of their own.

The secret is that Democrats refer to black people in the US as "Captured Voters". This allows them to give lip service only to black concerns like over policing, and shitty schools, while keeping them as a near enslaved voting block. The only real choice black people have is to vote Democrat or not vote.

Obama got them really excited... as he should. He was also a big letdown because he just sucked off the white liberals the whole time. There is a reason people who actually give a shit about the black community were upset with him. However, if the Democrats run another black person... or perhaps anyone of color they have been conditioned to vote this way, and that person will win.

If you look at the demographics, Trump won because of low turnout specifically among black folks. They voted for him by not voting. Democrats realize this and thats what the whole Charlottesville episode was all about in the media. If they can convince black people that Trump is racist they will vote against him in 2020.

Does that make sense?

I have to say, EndsExpect, that sure makes blacks sound like they literally do not have the ability to understand that they are mindlessly voting themselves back on the "plantation" election after election after election.

Certainly you are not suggesting that the DNC (and Democrats in general) believes that blacks are incapable of thinking things like this through. Seems a little insulting.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member

EndsExpect said:
People hate Colin for several reasons, the first being that she openly shits on Veterans... the Second being that he is Terrorist sympathizer...

Its just wrong to keep calling Colin Kaepernick a terrorist, terrorist supporter, terrorist sympathizer, or anything like that.

I absolutely agree that there is a big push by media people to make everyone believe America is a giant racist hateful place. That is not true. I just went there. No cops shot me. Some people did try to speak Spanish to me, and really only one white lady got an attitude, but that's for another thread. The idea that there's some type of race war going on is just not the case.

But there's the other side to it. There's still a little bit of the push that everyone that isn't white is a terrorist. Its still hanging around from the George W Bush days. Its all flame-fanning nonsense. "Look at this terrorist kneeling during the national anthem" that's just wrong. Its part of the same rhetoric that pumps up the race war idea.

There are actual Americans dead because of terrorism. Terrorists kill people. There are also a lot of Americans who stood up and went to war to fight terrorism.

If shitting on veterans is something people dislike about Colin, realize you are doing the exact same thing when you associate him with terrorism in any way. It isn't right to trivialize the sacrifices many people made for this political nonsense.

Its a quarterback kneeling during the national anthem in a country who's main principle is freedom. He's not beheading kidnapped oil workers during said anthem and putting it on YouTube.

Aloha!

Cr33pin said:
anicca said:

See you guys in 7 days
Triggered. It's all cool. I have my beliefs and you have yours on what types of people are on these forums.