The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

How are viruses and illnesses usually spread? The general public isn't picking them up because they're hanging out at hospitals for prolonged time.

Going for a walk outside? Of course you don't need a mask. Going on public transit or any other area with dense amount of people? That's where respiratory illnesses are being spread.
You are assuming that everyone is equally susceptible to the virus whereas the current data proves otherwise.

BetaNoMore

Woodpecker
Every single one of these posts uses one sleight of hand that does not appear to me to be arguing from good faith.

First what I posted. Let's see if anyone can spot the difference:
You're quibbling now and picking a part semantics. I assure you that I have no reason to not debate in good faith. Perhaps we should clearly define what we are talking about and what types of masks.

Easy_C

Crow
Both the Interview and study I linked very clearly said "cloth masks". No further clarification than that should be necessary.

BetaNoMore

Woodpecker
You are assuming that everyone is equally susceptible to the virus whereas the current data proves otherwise.
Depends on what you mean by "susceptible." You mean as in adverse outcomes? You're right: the majority of people are seemingly ok. There's the whole thing about asymptomatic transmission though so the ok people can make the 20% or so who are susceptible very ill.

Easy_C

Crow
Furthermore most of these "mask laws" seem useless, written to make people feel safe rather than actually keep people safe. For example every single one I've seen says that small children are exempt from it...which renders the mask law useless for everyone in the family because those kids can still carry and spread it, and in fact (assuming everything we've been told about the virus is true) is practically guaranteed to happen.

Roosh

Cardinal
Well, I don't take Fauci's statements as gospel, seeing how his advice (and WHO's and that of most major scientists) has been all over the place and a great example of IYI-ism that I described above. I just try to make my own conclusions from the available data using common sense, which I believe can even be seen visually:

View attachment 23005

As I said before, it is likely that he said this in order to save face over the following national embarrassment:
Only 3 countries in the world wore masks??? What does "Masks" even mean... what percentage of the population wore them? And shouldn't at least China be on there? They always wear masks, or would putting them on the graph cause the correlation to disappear?

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
I would love to put China on the graph, but we all know that Chinese data is garbage and can't be used for anything. Their real number of cases could be 180k, 800k, 8 million... who knows? Same for their deaths and disease progression and curve. I also wouldn't include shady undeveloped countries like Indonesia, Thailand, African countries (or Sweden, which announced that it will be censoring its data), etc. - because let's be honest, who has the foggiest idea what's really going on in those countries?

I also wouldn't put USA in the comparison simply because its data seems to be subject to lots of fudging between one state to another, plus it's so enormous and it would make any comparisons between others impossible.

I selected UK, France, Germany and Italy because they're medium-sized western countries without masks comparable to medium-sized eastern countries of Taiwan, South Korea and Japan with masks*. And all of those countries are highly developed, stable democracies with fairly transparent and detailed reporting, so they make for a fair comparison.

* = At least it seems to me that most citizens of those countries diligently wear masks and mostly surgical ones at that, judging from local reports - while the people in western countries seem to have an intense aversion to wearing anything at all. I know that most people in my country avoid them like the plague.

Last edited:

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
1,500 deaths in the US yesterday. I think things are at the point in the reopenings where in about 3 weeks we will know if there will be a turnaround in deaths. If we have majority days under 1k deaths over the next 3 weeks I think the country will push to open faster and faster. If we start seeing more 1500-2000 death days I think there will be push back to close more. I think the psychological number of breaking 100k deaths and eventually 150k will start getting to people as more people know someone that died or got hospitalized.

I'm going to guess 500k deaths is where pretty much everyone would know someone through an acquaintance that died, so if we held steady at 2k-3k deaths a day that would happen relatively quickly, under that and it would take too long to happen for people to care really.

Brazil all time high 1,100 deaths, 16,000 cases yesterday rising quickly.

Last edited:

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
1,500 deaths in the US yesterday. I think things are at the point in the reopenings where in about 3 weeks we will know if there will be a turnaround in deaths. If we have majority days under 1k deaths over the next 3 weeks I think the country will push to open faster and faster. If we start seeing more 1500-2000 death days I think there will be push back to close more. I think the psychological number of breaking 100k deaths and eventually 150k will start getting to people as more people know someone that died or got hospitalized.

I'm going to guess 500k deaths is where pretty much everyone would know someone through an acquaintance that died, so if we held steady at 2k-3k deaths a day that would happen relatively quickly, under that and it would take too long to happen for people to care really.

Brazil all time high 1,100 deaths, 16,000 cases yesterday rising quickly.
In terms of COVID-19 deaths, we seem to be experiencing some type of cyclic waves with lower highs and lower lows -- in other words an overall channel-trend in the right direction. That retroactive spike of 6,140 deaths on April 14th remains a mystery, although I have not researched it.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
Cuomo announced results of a 8k antibody test sample in NYC. The average was 20% across the city positive. Up to 40% in a few zip codes.

Taken at face value that is very good news. It means probably the absolute max deaths NYC could look at if they went for herd immunity is another 20-30k deaths max if no one did any real precautions. I'd say now that people are aware of the virus and people probably take it seriously if they get symptoms and get early treatment death toll will be dramatically less. NYC may only suffer another few thousand deaths barring any virus mutation.

If there are a few handful more of widespread antibody studies in major metros and we find 50%+ antibodies by mid summer things could change quickly for the better.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Cuomo announced results of a 8k antibody test sample in NYC. The average was 20% across the city positive. Up to 40% in a few zip codes.

Taken at face value that is very good news. It means probably the absolute max deaths NYC could look at if they went for herd immunity is another 20-30k deaths max if no one did any real precautions. I'd say now that people are aware of the virus and people probably take it seriously if they get symptoms and get early treatment death toll will be dramatically less. NYC may only suffer another few thousand deaths barring any virus mutation.
^And exactly what treatment is that?

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
^And exactly what treatment is that?
There is an entire thread devoted to that topic. There are many natural "cures" that cut short the symptoms: Vitamin D, Vitamin C, ozone treatment, hydrogen peroxide treatment. I successfully used all of those natural remedies to ward something off about a month ago. Although it was quite stubborn, with this natural protocol it never progressed beyond the level of a sore throat and a slightly swollen tongue.

In most cases, it is unnecessary to use chloroquine (as an ionophore for zinc) and azithromycin, much less any noxious anti-viral drugs or vaccines. As with most things in life, those who educate themselves will prosper at the expense of those who would prefer to revel in their ignorance.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Assuming this is correct and not another case of bullshit test that produces a false positives, it implies that the death rate is 1.8% (28k deaths compared to 20% of 8 million = 1.6 million infections instead of the 363k officially recorded infections), pretty much as expected.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
^ Handjobs from the 2% of nurse women that are attractive.
The Queen of England goes on a tour of a psychiatric wing of a large NHS hospital.
The doctor is showing her various patients through their windows when they come upon a patient who is masturbating in full view of everyone.
"How horrid!"
"Yes, it is very sad, Your Majesty. Regrettably, we at NHS do not have enough staff or funding to control everything that the patients do, so incidents like this happen."

The tour continues and, after a few dozen other patients, the group comes upon a patient receiving oral sex from a beautiful young nurse.
"And what is going on here?" the Queen asks.
"Well, Your Majesty, this patient has private health insurance."

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
There is an entire thread devoted to that topic. There are many natural "cures" that cut short the symptoms: Vitamin D, Vitamin C, ozone treatment, hydrogen peroxide treatment. I successfully used all of those natural remedies to ward something off about a month ago. Although it was quite stubborn, with this natural protocol it never progressed beyond the level of a sore throat and a slightly swollen tongue.

In most cases, it is unnecessary to use chloroquine (as an ionophore for zinc) and azithromycin, much less any noxious anti-viral drugs or vaccines. As with most things in life, those who educate themselves will prosper at the expense of those who would prefer to revel in their ignorance.
I'm well aware of whats in the treatment thread. (Other than Simeon Im on the record as probably the earliest Vit C, D and Zinc advocate on the forum)

Im also well aware that the mainstream still says theres no cure.

But Im not aware of ANY mainstream medical facility that is openly treating anyone with natural "cures".

That said and the handjobs not withstanding how would seeking "early treatment" affect...anything?

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
That said and the handjobs not withstanding how would seeking "early treatment" affect...anything?
As Travesty originally stated, early treatment would prevent most deaths -- and it would also allow the economy to open. Of course, people must actually use their brains to do so. Probably too much to ask.

People are actually walking around outside, and even running, while wearing masks. Those who thought that the pandemic might end Clown World were dead wrong. It proves my thesis that we should require a simple test before people are allowed to vote.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
In related news, Trump's had enough of the stupid lockdown and is ready to leave.

...If he gets to travel, why don't we?
I think this sentiment will only build after memorial day.

Today, Cambodia lifted their restriction on travelers from the US and a few other countries; more will follow. Airlines will either be allowed to resume at least partial operations or face bankruptcy, never mind the continuing job losses at every airport in every US city. Throw in the genuine self centered mentality of women who want to get back on the instagram/travel/look-at-me circuit as soon as possible and I can see the dam breaking very soon.

The DNC won't be able to keep the head of the US economy underwater through November to put boomers at ease and nobody is blaming Trump for the virus. Biden also can't hide in the basement forever and campaign season appearances will begin with or without him. If Trump makes even one of his famous rallies, it's over.