The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

I'm no longer sure what to believe about Dr. Fauci, especially since coming across this photo. Since I've seen this across various various I'll believe it's authenthic but then that only means Fauci is a globalist pawn. Are his recommendations actually meant to help the general population or advance the agenda of his masters?

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Troller your thoughts in someways point to a herd immunity strategy from the beginning being best don't they? Because if a second wave is a near guaranteed event, and only the strongest most virulent strains survive through the first round of lockdowns and the first summer, you are essentially making the strongest virus strain the last man standing then letting him off the leash when first lockdowns unlift and weather gets colder and drier.

Whereas if you let all the strains go apeshit at once the biggest baddass strain is only a small % of the infections across the population.

Time may tell with Sweden I guess. But even they aren't 100% herd immunity with distancing. UK was until they cried uncle.

I know the Taiwan ultra lockdown early and track and trace, wait for vaccine is probably theoretically best, but vast majority of countries I think are past the point of no return.
One of the problems I think with all of this is that people believe that we have the ability to control, in the end, how this progresses and COVID-19 has probably spread so far and wide that it is no longer possible to totally control the spread. I expect that eventually everyone is going to get this unless one goes into complete and total isolation from other people; which is simply not practical for most people.

At last count there are 119 companies working on a vaccine and none of the trials seem to be really going anywhere fast. At best it will take 12 to 18 months, so by the time that MAYBE a vaccine is ready COVID-19 will have already gone through the first wave, a second wave and maybe the final third wave. (assuming the spread of COVID-19 follows the same course as the Spanish Flu of 1918.)

I have noticed that what people are focusing on seems to change and is limited with COVID-19. As an example, people and wearing masks. I see people out for a walk wearing masks who are by themselves or driving along in a car wearing a mask; a complete and total waste of a mask. People also are being encouraged to make their own masks plus clean and reuse mask to make surgical masks last longer; which is something that would have been considered malpractice pre COVID-19.

As bad and irrational the 'Karens' are all now, I expect they will come completely unglued in the fall if (when?) the second wave of COVID-19 starts up; especially since it will probably be a factor worse that what there is now. One 'good; thing is that my estimate of a second wave of COVID-19, assuming it increases the same amount as the Spanish Flu did in 1918; is that it should be less than the first wave of that pandemic. So as bad as things get, it should be easily possible to keep things running. The problem will be people's reaction to any second wave and not the second wave itself.

One thing I would strongly recommend to everyone, is that as it looks like this first wave ends is to take the time to get ready in case there is a second wave of COVID-19 in the fall. If possible, stock up on things that last a long time. If there are things that you need done; haircuts, dental cleanings, any medical problems; get them taken care of this summer once the first wave seems to be over because if there is a second wave in the fall the lockdowns may return and it may be almost impossible to get things done then.

If you have any ability to work remote, get setup for that. As a side note, anyone that can work remote should be doing that, COVID-19 or no COVID-19. Having thousands of people driving in hour or more computes to an office is just not rational and a waste of time and money. A person spending an hour each way each day is spending ten hours per week in their car or 500 hours per years. That is almost three months of work, assuming 40 hour weeks.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Zero new cases in Croatia, only one today. It's unbelievable how unscathed we came out of this. There are still social distancing measures in force, but the borders are starting to reopen. We might even get a tourist season going (accepting only tourists from other nations that are doing very well) while everyone else is still closed!

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
One thing I am concerned about is a 'third disaster or problem' taking place in the middle of all of this.
Last 2019 the financial markets, already way over inflated due to cheap money, was having problems and the Fed Reserve pumped in 500 billion to keep the markets up; then COVID-19 and the shutdowns, both of which had some negative effects on the other plus the irrational responses making both worse.

My 'fear' is that something else comes along, hard to say what, and while as bad as this third thing would be on its own; all three act on each other and make things much worse than if each situation had happened on its own.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
One thing I am concerned about is a 'third disaster or problem' taking place in the middle of all of this.
Last 2019 the financial markets, already way over inflated due to cheap money, was having problems and the Fed Reserve pumped in 500 billion to keep the markets up; then COVID-19 and the shutdowns, both of which had some negative effects on the other plus the irrational responses making both worse.

My 'fear' is that something else comes along, hard to say what, and while as bad as this third thing would be on its own; all three act on each other and make things much worse than if each situation had happened on its own.
That is a distinct possibility. For example, think of all the things that could cause a conflict with China. And the EU is on the edge of economic ruin.

And what if we never discover a vaccine (which almost no one talks about)? Everyone discusses it as a forgone conclusion. No vaccine for any disease has ever been rolled out in less than four years. It might never happen. SARS-Cov-2 is one of seven known human coronaviruses, none of which has a vaccine. Where is the vaccine for AIDS?

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
That is a distinct possibility. For example, think of all the things that could cause a conflict with China. And the EU is on the edge of economic ruin.

And what if we never discover a vaccine (which almost no one talks about)? Everyone discusses it as a forgone conclusion. No vaccine for any disease has ever been rolled out in less than four years. It might never happen. SARS-Cov-2 is one of seven known human coronaviruses, none of which has a vaccine. Where is the vaccine for AIDS?
That is one of the interesting points, the or a vaccine. The 'Karens' are all going on and on about mandatory vaccines and some kind of certification that a person has been tested and has a vaccine, etc. They are all assuming that a vaccine will be developed, but, as you point out, IF a vaccine can be made it will take so long as to not be needed. My estimate is at least 12 to 18 months to make a vaccine, but I would not be surprised to see 4 years, and really expect it will probably be never. From what I have read of the various vaccine efforts it looks like the companies are just trying anything and everything to see if anything works. Of course, the companies are all doing secondary stock offering on 'maybe' so what do they care if it works or not; they will have a job for years working on a vaccine?

As an example, there was a study just published on Remdesivir, which was one of the treatments thought to work. As it turns out, the drug only helped those on oxygen and found the mortality too high as a standalone treatment; basically, does not work anywhere near what it was being promoted as.

Remdesivir for the Treatment of Covid-19 — Preliminary Report

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member

Its unlikely there will ever be a safe and effective vaccine for this. Corona viruses are notoriously difficult to vaccinate against (yet easily thwarted with correct early treatment protocols)

Just look at what happened with the Swine Flu (H1N1) a decade ago. That panic made a rush to vaccine that ended up causing brain damage among other things) and they eventually gave up trying as the fear subsided

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
U.S. big drop off today down to 600 deaths which is a stark different from the 1,500 or so average had over the last week or so. The two weeks from now metric is overused, still probably the best though to see two weeks after this long weekend with crowds hitting the beaches, BBQ get togethers, and churches opening if anything happens. If not that puts the country I think in a really nice position.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
It looks like Bolsonaro in Brazil will get impeached because of his handling of the virus
Yeah their numbers if they already tried doing their hardest lockdowns are going to get extravagant quickly. At this rate by 4th of July I'd expect to hear news everyday about Brazil in U.S., more than the coverage of Italy at its worst. Brazil is about 3 weeks away from having the 2nd highest death toll.

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Pelican
Gold Member
I'm predicting that not only will Bolsonaro not get impeached, but that he will win a decisive re-election. He got 55% of the vote. Brazilians are tired of the parasites ruling over them like the petty Stasi bureaucrats they are. If they move to impeach the military and his supporters will protect him.
Also, viruses are mainly seasonal and don't fare well in warm weather. That's why the numbers are dropping in the US. It will be the same in Brazil. I don't care what numbers the Brazilian media report. Coronavirus is a bad cold. No one should lose their rights or have their business or livelihood destroyed.
Promoting this idea are only those who are fully enmeshed in the decadent culture of the time and have no historical or spiritual perspective. Rights are won through blood, sacrifice, sweat, and war. To acquiesce those rights is dishonorable and would never have happened as little as 30 years ago and especially not 100 years ago. They have been acquiesced because too many in the population are divorced from reality and live in an alternate fantasy land that has been spoonfed them their whole lives through an entertainment and media complex, which, seeks to maintain this fiction as a means of conquering the population and re-enslaving those populations of the world whose ancestors had significant freedom and dignity.

I don't see Belarus, Sweden, or Arkansas keeling over from not locking down.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
Coronavirus is a bad cold.
Within the last 3 days I met someone who's aunt's friend early 50s died of rona, and a guy who's 63 year old uncle died. Last month I met someone who's work shut down and elderly patients had some die, and someone who's mom in her 40s was in bed for 3 weeks and had to be taken care of hand and foot.

I don't the know number it will take but something tells me around 250k-300k in the U.S. should do it before everyone knows some directly.

KorbenDallas

Pelican
Gold Member
I have two family members and a high school friend who died of Fentanyl overdoses.
70,000 people a year for the past 10 years have died of opioids. It's an epidemic.
Yet..the illegal fentanyl coming in from China, from Mexico, has never been shut down. There's hardly been a peep from the media concerning this very real and possibly nation ending epidemic. I mean look what it did to China in the 1800's. It destroyed them for a century. The solution is pretty easy too considering now we know the lengths are government is willing to go in order to stop an epidemic.

Stop the drugs from coming in and death penalty to the pushers just like in China. The government wouldn't even need to suspend the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

Look, I don't care how many people die of Corona. It's irrelevant. The government is using Covid-19 to eliminate the freedoms that my ancestors died for. The kicker, is that elements of the United States Government is likely behind the release of the virus.

What do most deaths have in common according to a recent study? Vitamin D-3 deficiency. Vitamin D-3 whether in pill form or in the form of sunlight is sooo effective against virus's. It was true with the Spanish flu and it's true with Covid. So, why has the government doctors and WHO doctors never pleaded with the public to get Vitamin D-3 in their system as well as Zinc and Vitamin C when all these things are proven and cheap methods to prevent Covid and to help treat it?

Because their agenda is not protecting you. Their agenda is to make money off of you, to corral you like cattle (that's how they view you) and to lead you to a future where you have no rights. They are doing things they could never get away with in a non-crisis.

Canada has banned guns. France has put an end to the yellow-vest revolt. The US has given trillions more to Wall St overtly and covertly transferred trillions more through taxing the middle class via inflation which will suck even more of the Wealth of the nation to the top.

The USA is getting gutted and locking everyone in their homes via executive fiat in order to ensure they get away with it.

Wake the fuck up. There is more to life than not dying. "Living" locked in your home, face pale from lack of sunlight, forced to carry a "Immunity Passport" to go anywhere (whatever form that will be) allowing the State to quarantine your kids if they feel like it because a "Contact Tracing App" gives government goons the power to take them from your home, wearing a silly mask and listening to overhead speakers drone on about keeping your distance and washing your hands, and being forced to be a part of a global Medical Experiment in receiving the first ever mRNA vaccine that can admittedly (according to Moderna's chief medical officer) permanently alter your DNA, is not living. It's subjugation. It's submission. It's soul death.

And every self-respecting man on this forum should look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they're going to continue to go along with this program or they're going to stand up and speak out. Not just for themselves, but for the future of our species.

This is where the rubber meets the road. The next ten years will set the course of humanity for the rest of the century and possibly for thousands of years to come.

Will freedom ring or will we be herded into a "Scientific" tyranny of forced injections while a tiny clique controlling all wealth will live while the rest of humanity exist as their servants?

I want my kids to have the same freedoms I had and more. I want them to be able to rise in society based on their intellect and ability. I want their to be competition, to have festivals, parties, sporting events, barbecues, swimming pools, neighborhood kid gangs, and the rest of it.

I will fight for this until my last breath. Covid-19 is a joke to the media behind closed doors. They don't take it seriously. They laugh at how easily they've cowed you. They find it hilarious that when they say jump you say how high.

bucky

Pelican
I went out grocery shopping yesterday (yes, breaking the Sabbath) and noticed that black people aren't wearing masks anymore. Lots of black people in my area, and I didn't see a single one in a mask in the fairly crowded supermarket. Good for them. I pulled down the bandana I tie over my nose and mouth in shops to avoid people accusing me of wanting to murder grandma and continued with my shopping.

Easy_C

Crow
I’ve noticed mostly the same thing. You tend to see a few older black ladies wearing them but the men are almost openly scornful towards the masks.

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
One of my fears, and it could be the 'third disaster'. is that this all devolves into 'civil disorder' We have 40 million or so out of work plus people (Karens) running around forcing people to wear masks and such. While the typical mob can't have a stand up fight with an organized army or probably even a police force, since they would be outgunned; individuals in the mob may decide to simply go into hiding and at times firebomb various government facilities or other infrastructure.

I remember an incident in New Hampshire, I think, where a guy that had been run through the wringer in family court was about to go to jail for $2,000 in alimony/child support that he simply could not pay and decided to set himself on fire on the steps of the court house. In his last letter he made mention of while working in Massachusetts someone burned a wing of one of the schools simply by soaking the outside door with charcoal lighter fluid which then flowed under the door and lighting it on fire. That simple fire cost several hundred thousand in damage. In another case there is a FASTLANE (auto toll system for the Turnpike, you get a transponder you put on your car and it deducts the cost from your balance) office in Auburn, MA and someone, apparently angry with them, firebombed the place in the middle of a Saturday night. In both cases the people were never identified.

In Worcester, MA there was some idiot going around a few years ago and lighting dumpers on fire in the middle of the night, usually on weekends. No idea who or why. It only stopped after the man made a facebook posting bragging about one of his fires being in the local paper.
Police make arrest after 40 dumpster fires in Worcester
If the guy had not felt the need to brag he could have kept doing it for years.

Out in California there as someone going around and shooting out electrical transformers in the middle of the night in 2013.
Metcalf sniper attack
These could have been a disaster, since most transformers in these substations are custom manufactured and could have taken months to repair or replace. If they had damaged enough transformers they could have put parts of the state into the dark for a number of weeks which would have been a disaster in its own right. Everything in modern society runs on electricity and without electricity you are basically back to the late 1800s as far as living standards; no communications, no HVAC, no utilities, no light after dark.

My fear is that the two problems we are going through now; COVID-19 and financial problems/market swings/40 million unemployed, cause civil disorder as people feel 'the system' has taken everything from them, or people feel the need/want to retaliate at how they are being treated.

While many people do not like the $2 trillion plus another $3 trillion in government aid being done, especially the extra $600 per in unemployment until July 25, 2020; the case could be made that it is keeping people from striking out and causing civil disorder. Most people seem 'ok' as long as they have some money coming.

The problem is what happens after July 25, 2020 and these payment are not being made anymore; or people are forced to go back to work when they do not feel it is safe to do so?

Even this late into things it seems like there is still no overall idea as to how things are going to go with COVID-19; where as if we did have an idea then everyone would know what to expect and could plan.

As for myself, I am planning that the current state of things goes on into the middle of next year and things do not go back to normal until 2022.

There are some reports of vacation reservations jumping in states that reopened but I can't see how those are going to be anywhere normal with 40 million people out of work st the moment.

Easy_C

Crow
I think there’s one major factor you’re missing in that analysis:

It wouldn’t take many pissed off people to turn off the grid for a major metro area for two weeks. Imagine what happens if you combine that with house arrest laws, the general panicked mindset they have right now, and the brimming over racial tensions in any blue city.