The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
Er ma gawd 9k cases in Florida.

This really is make or break during July to see if we are over the death hump or not.

Texas is backtracking quick like baby oil on a sweaty banana.

All the available evidence continues to suggest that while this may be a deadly virus, the rate at which it spreads is not nearly as contagious as people feared.
U wut m8?

Last edited:

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
39k new cases in the US in one day! OMG!...That means even if the rate of testing stays constant every single one of the 330000000 million Americans will be infected in only 8461 days....or only 23 years!

And of course this is after months of not doing enough and not "really" locking down

Please no lessons in exponential growth rate mathematics...I learned it in high school calculus.

4 months in to this ridiculousness and all Ill see is the flattened curve of some of your vaginas

I think the number of new cases is utterly irrelevant. All the attention should be given to the virus itself in order to answer the one question: "is this virus truly dangerous for the average man?"

5 billion people could test positive tomorrow and I wouldn't stress because the data I've seen indicates that only the most fragile members of society suffer from it. This is the crucial part but it flies over so many people's heads.

I don't have a PhD in science though, therefore my opinion must be wrong. I should trust the big brain PhDs sponsored by Big Pharma instead!

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
I'm going to have to start another death poll soon. Back in March I guessed 75k deaths by 2021. Well in that poll there is a lot of people that don't post much and it was a landslide majority voted for 150k+ deaths.

If I went with my wrong instincts again and guessed 250k by 2021, well that would point to more like 400k deaths. July will be interesting. There are anecdotal reports at hospitals in Florida and Texas that they are diverting people to other hospitals because their ICUs are full.

Going on what happened in NYC, no matter what is done now, deaths should rise over the next month.

This is the crucial part but it flies over so many people's heads.
It's not going over their heads. Here, they're having mental breakdowns over anyone not wearing masks. They sound very hostile. They literally ignore sound data and information. Politicians, businesses, everyone.

I accept they're enjoying this. All of them.

stugatz

Kingfisher
I'm sure someone made this point already - but the riots have probably brought us herd immunity, or something close to it. There's a silver lining to everything.

Trying to find it, anyway, because that's where the latest spike likely came from...but the media, not tracking the numbers in the protests, claims that there is "no evidence" that the riots spread coronavirus even though the lockdown protests were going to kill us all. Honk honk.

myrica

Pigeon
number of cases are totally irrelevant.
whats important is case/death ratio. As of now, its EXTREMELY low in the world.
of course people decide not to see it.

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
https://podcasts.la.utexas.edu/cepa...s&utm_campaign=scott-atlas-covid-19-interview

Hoover institute, highly respected doctor. An hour of explaining how stupid the world covid-19 policy. Every point you have to worry about covid-19, he explains why its bullshit.

One example: Schools are closed, yet doctors still are having trouble finding many cases that children transmitted covid. Children are basically immune and almost never get very sick. Closing schools is idiocy, and even more is weird bubbles for kids, or keeping kids far from each other. There is no piece of data, anywhere, that would make closing schools the right choice. Zero.

Yet here we are.

If you are over 80 and have diabetes, then you might consider wearing a mask, maybe. But probably better to just keep away from people coughing, sick, and spreading some issue. Mask might be hurting them in normal situations.

For people who are healthy (no diabetes, lung issues, heart problems) and under 70 your threat to catch covid is extremely small. Your chance of death is even lower.

People dying: obese, with diabetes, over 70

kel

Pelican
number of cases are totally irrelevant.
whats important is case/death ratio. As of now, its EXTREMELY low in the world.
of course people decide not to see it.
Also case/test ratio. Cases going up as more people are tested is not surprising, we need to know the denominator of that equation.

Even that is unreliable, though, as we know that cases were counted multiple times, once for each test that registered a positive. So, the same person who got three tests one day and comes back two weeks later for another three tests and they're all positive increased the numbers by six.

The most frustrating thing about all this is just how unreliable everything we hear about it is. Bottom line is no one knows anything.

myrica

Pigeon
Also case/test ratio. Cases going up as more people are tested is not surprising, we need to know the denominator of that equation.

Even that is unreliable, though, as we know that cases were counted multiple times, once for each test that registered a positive. So, the same person who got three tests one day and comes back two weeks later for another three tests and they're all positive increased the numbers by six.

The most frustrating thing about all this is just how unreliable everything we hear about it is. Bottom line is no one knows anything.
True, agree with you there.
A friend of mine(filipino) got stuck on a cruise ship for a while now and he was telling me that while they are onboard, they thought no one had virus since no one showed symptoms.
Then they got to port, got tested and about 21 people turned out to be positive. They were surprised since no one showed symptoms on his ship.

Also tests are NOT reliable.

I dont believe case/test ratio is relevant. People wanna know how many people got infected and how many people are dead so that media can push more fear. As of now, that ratio is very low, hence they are pushing the *infection* rate fear.

This is an overrated virus. As of now, im %100 sure EVERYONE already has this virus(if it spreads this easy, airborne and shit). I got it in indonesia at the end of february, 2-3 days of light cough, loss of taste, felt slightly weak and that was it. I dont do gym, dont really eat healthy, got a bit of fat, etc. I think it primarily depends on how well your immune system developed when you were a baby>kid(i had 18 months of breastfeeding -apparently that affects A LOT, played on the street for years end).
Many *gym goers* and *healthy food freaks* got totally fucked by this virus as well.

So my feelings are this is totally overrated and media is just pushing a new fear agenda based on it. It was terorists since 9/11, apparently public got bored, so they need a new *enemy*.

stugatz

Kingfisher
Just wondering - we know the media is proudly denouncing reopening & any lockdown protest as "dangerous" while also saying that our current large-scale riots are just fine and not spreading covid. Even if anyone acknowledges that large gatherings are a risk (this is rare) they'll back it up by saying "well, racism and police brutality are a pandemic too, and that means that this is a serious enough problem where our protests are worth the risk".

Have any normies even questioned this insane line of thinking? Of course anyone on the right will, but there have to be a number of bandwagon leftists and centrists who think this is bull.

Personally - I have some minor health problems that put me at risk if I contract this. I'm just so angry at the lopsided enforcement of lockdown at this point, and I don't care anymore.

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Consider a scenario. Bear with me:

There are invisible boogeymen outside your home. These boogeyman can kill you. But you can’t see, hear, or smell them. When these boogeyman try to kill you, you may not even feel them - most people wont in fact - they won’t show any symptoms. But believe me they are nonetheless attached to you and you pose a risk to other people.

You can protect yourself however by wearing a trash bag over yourself with eyeholes poked in it. Although the CDC once dismissed this as ridiculous they now say it’s proven to protect against the boogeymen. City and state politicians are now mandating that everyone wear trash bags with eye holes to accomplish this. The media and local governments are also shutting down businesses and in person gatherings due to the boogeyman.

A unique exception however are gatherings of tens of thousands of people to rally against racism by looting and rioting. These do not contribute to the spread of these boogeyman because, well, reasons. Racism is another boogeyman that needs to be eliminated. We won’t tell you how right now since it will spook too many people, but trust me, we know. However I just want to reiterate that these boogeymen spread prolifically in churches specifically.

To reinforce the obvious fact that race riots do not spread these boogeymen but any activities by law abiding citizens do, big bad numbers for conservative states that did not have significant race riots but tried to reopen early (and are also experiencing scorching hot temperatures which we’ve been told boogeyman don’t like) are being published. The obvious answer to this obvious fact is to wear more trash bags and mandate them, and to halt any reopening.

Just a different perspective ;).

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member

Cernovich says people who don't want to be forced to wear masks are 'lowest common denominator trash'. Why does cernovich act like such a little punk these days?

If I want to listen to pro mask, pro gay, pro women, pro black anti white propaganda, I already have CNN for that.
Cernovich has been a flip flopping emotional tool for a while now. I don’t pay attention to anything he says.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
It's depressing to go to the grocery, as I did today, and see 75% of people wearing masks in a state where it isn't required. It was more like 50% 1-2 months ago.

A famous fake news outlet was on at a restaurant today talking about an "uncontrolled" spike in a southern American city. So I contacted someone who is a nurse at a hospital there. He said there's been a spike but most people are showing minimal symptoms, morbidity is super low, and it isn't uncontrolled at all. He said that morbidity has always been low but they call any death CV death making it seem higher than it is.

In other words: nothing new.