The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Athanasius

Kingfisher
Oh also, of the 125,000 CV deaths reported in the US, I asked him how many does he think have actually died from CV. He said about 10% of that--- about 12,500 deaths. The rest are just inflated and phony fake attribution, when people actually died of other things.

That would make it about what, 1/4 or 1/5 as deadly as the flu in an average year.

infowarrior1

Ostrich
Coronavirus causes cells to create tentacles that forcibly infect other cells. This is some serious Resident Evil sh*t:

The cell equivalent of turning into zombies and forcibly infecting other cells.

Salocin

Pigeon
Earlier in the year when I saw what was going on in China, and then S. Korea, Italy, Spain, Iran, etc. I thought this was going to be something akin to the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Then as time passed, say by the time May came around I definitely began to feel like it wasn't actually going to be that bad. I thought we were looking at essentially just a worse than average seasonal flu, and the whole thing had been blown out of proportion.

Well, I don't know what to think now. I live in Texas, and the number of cases, percentage of positive tests, hospitalizations, and deaths are all beginning to rise quite substantially. The hospitals in some of the hotspots are reportedely getting dangerously close to capacity.

Is the data being put forth a lie? Are the governor, the mayors, and other officials all in on a conspiracy to destroy the economy, and our freedoms? I'm not being facetious, but I am having a hard time putting on my tin foil hat this time.

That doesn't mean I think Covid-19 is going to kill hundreds of millions, or that everyone should be forced to stay inside their homes. Life must go on.

However, I do believe this pandemic is real, and it is reasonable to take some precautions. It is not all or nothing. There's a huge gulf between "It's an extinction level event!" and "It's all just a hoax".

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Is the data being put forth a lie? Are the governor, the mayors, and other officials all in on a conspiracy to destroy the economy, and our freedoms? I'm not being facetious, but I am having a hard time putting on my tin foil hat this time.
The U.S. has 125,000 of nearly 500,000 COVID-19 deaths worldwide? The U.S. has one-quarter of all cases worldwide, with less than fiver percent of the world's population? I think not. Obviously, data is being manipulated. I would not be surprised to learn that most of the world is underreporting while the U.S. is overreporting (both for financial and political reasons).

Salocin

Pigeon
Other nations not performing testing for Covid-19, and thus having few confirmed cases to report is a certainty.

That only furthers the point that this pandemic is real, as the actual numbers of cases is certainly much higher than reported.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Earlier in the year when I saw what was going on in China, and then S. Korea, Italy, Spain, Iran, etc. I thought this was going to be something akin to the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Then as time passed, say by the time May came around I definitely began to feel like it wasn't actually going to be that bad. I thought we were looking at essentially just a worse than average seasonal flu, and the whole thing had been blown out of proportion.

Well, I don't know what to think now. I live in Texas, and the number of cases, percentage of positive tests, hospitalizations, and deaths are all beginning to rise quite substantially. The hospitals in some of the hotspots are reportedely getting dangerously close to capacity.

That doesn't mean I think Covid-19 is going to kill hundreds of millions, or that everyone should be forced to stay inside their homes. Life must go on.

However, I do believe this pandemic is real, and it is reasonable to take some precautions. It is not all or nothing. There's a huge gulf between "It's an extinction level event!" and "It's all just a hoax".
I agree, no one seems to have a 'moderate' response. I am treating it as such...as in its an illness that would not be enjoyable to have, as such take some reasonable precautions in high risk environments.

Now that I can wear a mask acceptably in public, I am going to enjoy wearing one every time I fly on an airplane as I get sick with some sort of junk every time I fly it seems.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
I don't really know who to pay attention to at this point. Seems like any guy with real integrity got purged and censored a long time ago. All that remains are jackasses like cernovich.
Now, now.
Spare a moment for poor ol' Cerno.

He used to be able to get ahead of most social media trends.
Yet now?

2020 has been so crazy, with so many unexpected outcomes.
That ol' Cerno. doesn't know what to promote or get ahead of.

Troubling times for a social media junkie...

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Coronavirus causes cells to create tentacles that forcibly infect other cells. This is some serious Resident Evil sh*t:

The cell equivalent of turning into zombies and forcibly infecting other cells.
Didn't the Wuhan lab have a psuedo Umbrella corp. logo...? :hmm:

The pandemic has been spreading for 6+ months now. Any time now its going to kill everyone, just you wait!

Has anyone even tested the covid test? where's simeon lol.... This world is finished if people are still buying the horseshit killer flu narrative this far down the line.

Salocin

Pigeon
The pandemic has been spreading for 6+ months now. Any time now its going to kill everyone, just you wait!

Has anyone even tested the covid test? where's simeon lol.... This world is finished if people are still buying the horseshit killer flu narrative this far down the line.
Do you know the Spanish Flu pandemic lasted 2 years? Are you aware the first wave wasn't particularly deadly, and it was when the second wave hit in the Fall 6-9 months after it began which is when the majority of the deaths took place?
Do you believe the Spanish Flu was a hoax as well?

We've already heard the comparisons 6 months ago buddy, people were screaming until they were blue in the face. If you show me a disproportionate amount of healthy young people dying, then we can start worrying.

You probably wont watch this, but maybe somebody else will

Last edited:

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Scary headlines!

Cross posted from the "criticism" thread

Does anyone put the published numbers in context?

Florida for example

Florida population 21.48 million

Florida "confirmed" cases 133K

133,000 /21,48,0000 = 0.00061

Florida "confirmed" deaths 3,389

3389 / 21,480,00 = 0.00015

So 4 mos in and its literally caused less than 1 in 10000 deaths in the state that has "opened the most aggressively" and has one of if not the highest population of vulnerable demographic (elderly)

How is this even still a thing ?

Do you know the Spanish Flu pandemic lasted 2 years? Are you aware the first wave wasn't particularly deadly, and it was when the second wave hit in the Fall 6-9 months after it began which is when the majority of the deaths took place?
Do you believe the Spanish Flu was a hoax as well?

Did you know that the Wuhan virus can survive for hours on hard surfaces...such as a keyboard?

You should take a break from your online fear mongering cause Im pretty sure youre going to infect yourself. There's a study that says hand to magina transmission is spiking globally

Focus on the facts: Do you know anyone who contracted this illness? Did anything bad happen to them? For a long time I knew no one. I finally know one friend who found out he had it through testing, and had to stay quarantined for 2 weeks, even though he never felt ill. I know of no one else who has even caught this. Do you? Has anything bad happened to them, other than regular flu (feeling grumpy and bedridden for a few days)? Yes, according to "media reports" this thing is going hog wild in my state as well. I'm not concerned.

As for the attribution to conspiracy, governors, mayors, and yes, Donald Trump himself, have no clue what's going on here. They are just doing what (((advisors))) or (((media))) tell them to. Remember the governor on Tucker Carlson who couldn't answer where his authority to shut down businesses came from? "That's above my pay grade" he said. Hmm...

The point is, don't focus on it being a grand conspiracy or a coordinated brainwashing. It's simply a lie. The same way the communist threat was a lie. The same way al Queda was a lie. And IsIs was a lie. And Iraq having nukes was a lie. And Russian collusion was a lie. The same way black racism is a lie. People aren't choosing to tell us a lie. They are repeating lies that they hear, and they are not bright enough to discern the truth from lies. It's as simple as that. This is just another chapter of Adam Curtis' Power of Nightmares: The Politics of Fear.

Yes, there was that president of Tanzania, who tested the corona virus test by sending in samples of a papaya and a goat, both of which came back "infected." He promptly threw The W H O out of his country.

Focus on the facts: Do you know anyone who contracted this illness? Did anything bad happen to them? For a long time I knew no one. I finally know one friend who found out he had it through testing, and had to stay quarantined for 2 weeks, even though he never felt ill. I know of no one else who has even caught this. Do you? Has anything bad happened to them, other than regular flu (feeling grumpy and bedridden for a few days)? Yes, according to "media reports" this thing is going hog wild in my state as well. I'm not concerned.

As for the attribution to conspiracy, governors, mayors, and yes, Donald Trump himself, have no clue what's going on here. They are just doing what (((advisors))) or (((media))) tell them to. Remember the governor on Tucker Carlson who couldn't answer where his authority to shut down businesses came from? "That's above my pay grade" he said. Hmm...

The point is, don't focus on it being a grand conspiracy or a coordinated brainwashing. It's simply a lie. The same way the communist threat was a lie. The same way al Queda was a lie. And IsIs was a lie. And Iraq having nukes was a lie. And Russian collusion was a lie. The same way black racism is a lie. People aren't choosing to tell us a lie. They are repeating lies that they hear, and they are not bright enough to discern the truth from lies. It's as simple as that. This is just another chapter of Adam Curtis' Power of Nightmares: The Politics of Fear.

Yes, there was that president of Tanzania, who tested the corona virus test by sending in samples of a papaya and a goat, both of which came back "infected." He promptly threw The W H O out of his country.
I just watched several Adam Curtis documentaries.... definitely gave me pause.

Troller

Woodpecker
Source:

"A few hours ago we have now exceeded the number of 10,000,000 infected worldwide, a little more than 0.1% of the world population (1.3 people in 1000).

I made this image for a perspective perspective.

I have warned several times in recent months that we are far from being out of the woods.

The only possible solution would be an extremely effective treatment, but none exists to date, whatever some say, apart from slight improvements in the mortality rate far from sufficient.

It is also one of the reasons why the second wave is inevitable, whether it is in peak, or elongated like the image that I rest below.

It is also for this reason that even the "experts" saying that the 2nd wave was a media fantasy now deny having claimed it .."

Attachments

Troller

Woodpecker
WHO: "We all want this to be over. We all want to get on with our lives. But the hard reality is, this is not even close to being over."

“Although many countries have made some progress, globally, the pandemic is actually speeding up.”

(WHO's Director statement on Monday)

WHO warns coronavirus pandemic is speeding up as countries ease lockdown rules: 'The worst is yet to come'

“Individuals with a viral co-infection — that is, infected with the current Wuhan virus, as well as another virus, such as influenza — were more likely to require ICU support than those who were found to be infected only with Wuhan virus, according to a large study of children and adolescents published in The Lancet.

The findings from 82 participating health-care institutions across 25 European countries have implications for the coming winter peak for seasonal flu when the incidence of influenza virus infections is set to increase.”

(The Lancet: Child and Adolescent Health)