The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
The Lancet...The same POS outlet that had to retract the "study" on hydroxychloroquine's being ineffective if not dangerous a few weeks ago

Meanwhile

And

Im sure once the monetary negotiations are complete between The Lancet and Gilead (Remdesivir manufacturer) there will be the appropriate study showing the drug's effectiveness

When Neil DeGrasse Tyson was interviewed about the coronavirus 3 months ago, he said - This will be a test of how much humanity trust the scientists.

Science is not intuitive, especially when dealing with something new. In conspiracy theory you decide on your story first then pick and chose your date and evidence to create a neat perfect story that makes sense. A good scientist does have a theory, but will be ready to admit he is wrong as he accumulate new data. And the best part is discovering the unexpected. Also a big part of science is dealing with things that you cannot see. Electron microscope to look at virus. Mathematical equations to predict black holes, quantum mechanic, string theory. Non of these can be seen with naked eye.

Flat earth believers do not have a scientific mind. What they see is what they believe. If they don't see a round earth, it is therefore not round. If I don't see anyone around me dying of coronavirus then it is not real regardless what epidemiological models predict.

This pandemic is very complicated. In the midst of chaos it is natural to seek solace in a simple explanation. However it is naive to simplify it as in everyone is lying, it's a quest for power by the globalist. It's just the flu.. Are there those in authority riding this opportunity for some kind of power trip? Sure. Was the media sensationalizing and exaggerating the tragedy? Of course. Was inconsistent reporting of CDC and the government causing mistrust among people? Yup. Does it have characteristics of a flu? Of course. But it is called Novel Coronavirus for a reason. It is a new disease. It causes thrombosis, stroke and other damage that are different from flu. The severity of presenting hypoxia is very different from flu.

It is a messy equation of biological, economical, political, and psychological variable that we are struggling to solve.

I know I am appealing to a scientific audience which is only a fraction of the member here. Even among my close friends who are not scientist, it is difficult to see eye to eye on this topic. But hopefully we'll all agree to disagree - It's complicated, at least in the global sense of how much of a mess this virus has created.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
When Neil DeGrasse Tyson was interviewed about the coronavirus 3 months ago, he said - This will be a test of how much humanity trust the scientists.

Science is not intuitive, especially when dealing with something new. In conspiracy theory you decide on your story first then pick and chose your date and evidence to create a neat perfect story that makes sense. A good scientist does have a theory, but will be ready to admit he is wrong as he accumulate new data. And the best part is discovering the unexpected. Also a big part of science is dealing with things that you cannot see. Electron microscope to look at virus. Mathematical equations to predict black holes, quantum mechanic, string theory. Non of these can be seen with naked eye.

Flat earth believers do not have a scientific mind. What they see is what they believe. If they don't see a round earth, it is therefore not round. If I don't see anyone around me dying of coronavirus then it is not real regardless what epidemiological models predict.

This pandemic is very complicated. In the midst of chaos it is natural to seek solace in a simple explanation. However it is naive to simplify it as in everyone is lying, it's a quest for power by the globalist. It's just the flu.. Are there those in authority riding this opportunity for some kind of power trip? Sure. Was the media sensationalizing and exaggerating the tragedy? Of course. Was inconsistent reporting of CDC and the government causing mistrust among people? Yup. Does it have characteristics of a flu? Of course. But it is called Novel Coronavirus for a reason. It is a new disease. It causes thrombosis, stroke and other damage that are different from flu. The severity of presenting hypoxia is very different from flu.

It is a messy equation of biological, economical, political, and psychological variable that we are struggling to solve.

I know I am appealing to a scientific audience which is only a fraction of the member here. Even among my close friends who are not scientist, it is difficult to see eye to eye on this topic. But hopefully we'll all agree to disagree - It's complicated, at least in the global sense of how much of a mess this virus has created.

The problem is that politics and greed have corrupted the medical and scientific establishments, which is why the public's level of trust in those institutions has eroded. The medical and scientific establishments complaining about a lack of trust from the general public is like a child killing his parents and then complaining that he is an orphan. The damage is completely self-inflicted and they have no one to blame other than themselves.

I could present hundreds of examples, but if you do not already know this basic fact then why should I bother?

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Whats "novel" about this is the hype.

For example look at the article below from 2018.

Now imagine it had been presented as

"Flu causing heart attacks!"

Meh....The morbidity rate is about the same even if there are anecdotal differences in presentation.

We have enough data now. Its a nothing burger

bonkers

Robin
The problem is that politics and greed have corrupted the medical and scientific establishments, which is why the public's level of trust in those institutions has eroded. The medical and scientific establishments complaining about a lack of trust from the general public is like a child killing his parents and then complaining that he is an orphan. The damage is completely self-inflicted and they have no one to blame other than themselves.

I could present hundreds of examples, but if you do not already know this basic fact then why should I bother?
do you apply the same standard to the Church? There have been countless episodes of paediphilia, corruption, hoarding of wealth by the Church - all of which goes against the teachings of the Bible. But overall the work of the Church is good. Same could be said of science - we have all benefited from the progress made by Science

myrica

Pigeon

Non stop.
translation : *people stop fearing/got sick of corona, so we have to find another virus to keep the fear up*.

also i suggest EVERYONE to watch this video VERY carefully;

Look at his body language when he talks about countries who won against corona and how he smirks.

Rockym

Pigeon
Source:
The only possible solution would be an extremely effective treatment, but none exists to date, /QUOTE]
It is free for poor people .
Mortality rate due to Corona virus in India is less than any other country in the world .

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Science isn’t science if it’s corrupted by motivations other than the honest pursuit of a search for the truth based on evidence.

It’s also not honest if it doesn’t admit it’s own limitations.
Here is an example of politicized science from today:

"Study Links Trauma of Racism to High Blood Pressure in Black Americans"

Let's face it, any kind of stress can cause high blood pressure. I am waiting for the study that links high blood pressure to the victims of looters and rioters -- or to any color folk who live in neighborhoods with mostly black hoodlums. I will not hold my breath.

For all those who apparently think there we tons of patients showing up to emergency rooms with pick-axes in their skulls whose deaths were being attributed to COVID. Basically it say the all cause mortality rate for 2020 is up 18% over an expected year, and New York City deaths was almost 3 times higher than expected. Maybe they all died from CO2 poisoning from wearing those masks... :rolleyes:

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
Or maybe they died from increased stress, heart attacks (a friend's healthy father just died from one last week), and mental health problems associated with the lockdown.

If they died from physical causes, the lockdown also cannot be ruled out as a factor. Almost everyone is physically weaker when they are all locked up at home, with gyms and beaches closed, and our immune systems are functioning well below their potential, when a strong immune system is the one single thing that could prevent you from being harmed by this flu.

We are not measuring the WuFlu deaths accurately. Measuring the negative effects of the lock down is so far outside our abilities.

infowarrior1

Ostrich
Here is an example of politicized science from today:

"Study Links Trauma of Racism to High Blood Pressure in Black Americans"

Let's face it, any kind of stress can cause high blood pressure. I am waiting for the study that links high blood pressure to the victims of looters and rioters -- or to any color folk who live in neighborhoods with mostly black hoodlums. I will not hold my breath.
Weaponizing minorities and other peoples against us is what this is transparently about. Just like feminism weaponized women. And Marxism weaponizes the lower classes to achieve their will.

Troller

Woodpecker
Source:

"One of the mutations (mentioned in the message above in April) gave birth to a new branch, and to a mutation called D614G.

At the time, this track was not mentioned anywhere (because not taken seriously) and I had even received messages through friends present on the group of experts who told them that what I said was not not credible.

Bette Korber, theoretical biologist at the National Laboratory of Los Alamos and main author of the study, however specifies: "The variant D614G was brought to our attention for the first time at the beginning of April, because we had observed a diagram Strikingly repetitive. Around the world, even when local epidemics have circulated many cases of the original form, shortly after the introduction of the D614G variant in a region, it has become the dominant form. "

Small evolutionary explanation of a virus. A virus, like any biological entity, is subject to natural selection. When you confine, all of the less contagious strains of the virus disappear. Then it's hot, so all the strains ...
Also, I have warned on several occasions of the second wave, something also not taken seriously, but which is verified now, this having started in Central Europe and in other countries, while we are still in full first wave in North America (cf: USA).

I warned here of the mechanism that makes viruses more complicated to eliminate when they return (see message cited) because no media or anyone seemed to speak of this mechanism."

Regarding the mutation:

Geographic information from samples from GISAID's COVID-19 viral sequence database has allowed us to follow this very recurrent pattern, a change in the viral population from the original form to the D614G variant. This change occurred at all geographic levels: country, sub-country, county and city.

Two independent sources of experimental evidence that support these early results are included in the study. These additional experiments, conducted by Professor Erica Ollmann Saphire, Doctor of Philosophy, at the La Jolla Institute, and by Professor David Montefiori, Doctor of Philosophy, at Duke University, have shown that the modification of D614G increases the infectivity of the virus in the laboratory.

These new experiments, as well as more extensive clinical and sequence data and improved statistical models, are presented in the article on cells. Other in vivo work remains to be done to determine all the implications of this change.

Variant D614G appears to be part of a set of four linked mutations that seem to have arisen once and then moved together around the world as a coherent set of variations, which is very surprising and quite unprecedented in history viruses (and I was already seeing the first signs of this, see also the messages on the subject March / April with the search function, when I posted images of mutation cards, etc.)

One of the study's main experts noted that "these results suggest that the new form of the virus could be even more easily transmitted than the original form - whether or not this conclusion is confirmed, it underscores the value of what was already good ideas: wear masks and maintain social distance. "

Research partners from the Los Alamos National Laboratory, Duke University and the University of Sheffield initially published the work of this analysis on the bioRxiv site in a pre-publication in April 2020. This work also included observations COVID-19 patients from Sheffield who suggested an association of variant D614G with higher viral loads in the upper respiratory tract.

"It is possible to follow the evolution of SARS-CoV-2 on a global scale because researchers around the world rapidly make their viral sequence data available through the GISAID viral sequence database" said Mr. Korber. Currently, tens of thousands of sequences are available thanks to this project, which has enabled Korber and the research team to identify the emergence of the D614G variant.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Still not seeing mass deaths. Its a nothingburger. Those new fancy powers they gave themselves are totalitarian in nature and serve a purpose, just like the Patriot Act.

I wouldn't believe Red states in the US would mandate cuck muzzles for everyone with the threat of fines and jail time for dissenters but here we are, a new normal as they said. A new period of state tyranny is ushered in.

Are there any cities or towns not going along with the renewed restrictions?

We're searching for a new home and want somewhere to raise our kids, somewhere that isn't still acting crazy. Feels like it doesn't exist anymore.

Our church pushed back opening again to mid-Aug, along with many others.

Roosh

Cardinal
For all those who apparently think there we tons of patients showing up to emergency rooms with pick-axes in their skulls whose deaths were being attributed to COVID. Basically it say the all cause mortality rate for 2020 is up 18% over an expected year, and New York City deaths was almost 3 times higher than expected. Maybe they all died from CO2 poisoning from wearing those masks... :rolleyes:

Correlation is not causation. As a doctor, that's one of the first fallacies you learned in undergrad science courses. Why are you using it to shame the forum's opinions?