The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Infectious diseases don't spread randomly. I'm glad that a lot of you don't know anyone with a COVID infection, or know someone who only had mild symptoms, but that doesn't mean everyone was similarly lucky. It is known that NYC had one of the highest amount of COVID cases and COVID deaths anywhere in the world, so it's not like it's some random American city. It's by far the most densely populated American city, has some of the highest reliance on public transportation, and is among the highest amount of foreign-born population. There's a number of reasons why NYC may have been hit harder.

And I mentioned this extensively a while back, although Excalibur seems to have been quicker to reply (and is completely on point as well), but those patients placed on ventilators are also not random selected among COVID patients but only those who are the sickest and already at the highest risk of dying. Intubating someone and connecting them to a ventilator includes putting a plastic tube down a person's throat, between their vocal cords, and into their windpipe (which is done most often by direct visualization). It has got to be about the highest risk procedure a healthcare provider can do in terms of exposing themselves to COVID, and one not done lightly.

And Roosh, I never said that you personally claimed it was a hoax, but "many people seem to think that COVID is a hoax," or are at least minimizing it's significance. I'm not sure exactly what about my prior post you think is emotional, and I can certainly understand a bit of skepticism towards anyone online claiming they are a doctor, but I'm also not going to dox myself, so it is what it is I guess.
No one has said the existence of the virus is a hoax.

But the coordinated mass global panic orchestrated by mass media and governments as an exceedingly needless disproportionate response was and still is seemingly without a doubt the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on humanity.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
And Roosh, I never said that you personally claimed it was a hoax, but "many people seem to think that COVID is a hoax," or are at least minimizing it's significance.
It is certainly not a hoax, but it is now being used as a political weapon and a means of controlling the populace. Even conservative politicians are being duped. Ron Paul cited one such example just today. We cannot live in a safe, free society with biased science and idiot experts.
Thanks goes to Collin County Judge Chris Hill for blowing the whistle on what appears to be a move in mid-May to redefine what was a "COVID" case to open the door to a massive increase all to match the mainstream media line that a "second wave" was on the way.

In a Commissioners Court hearing for Collin County on May 18, it was revealed that while previously the determination of a COVID "case" was a confirmed test result, the definition was suddenly changed to count "probable" cases as "cases." At the same time, the threshold for determining "probable" was lowered to a ridiculous level.

As Judge Hill said at that May 18 meeting, "If you have a subjective fever and you have a headache and you live in Collin County, you now meet the qualifications to be a probable COVID patient. It is remarkable how low the standard is now."

Even worse, once a "probable" case was determined based on possibly unrelated subjective criteria, up to 15 people in possible contact with that "probable" case were also listed as "probable cases." And "probable cases" were considered cases.

Repeat that farce across Texas and is it any wonder there was a "spike" in "cases"?

Also, Gov. Abbott’s claim that hospitals were being over-run by COVID patients was refuted by the Houston hospital directors themselves, who said they were nowhere near actual capacity and in fact were about the same level as they were last year.

The basis for Abbott’s unconstitutional "executive order" has been shown to be false.

Radoste

Pigeon
Now that it seems like COVID is becoming increasingly passé, how probable is it that the elite roll out a new public health crisis like this G4 swine flu?
Experts believe most people would lack immunity against G4 viruses, and despite seasonal flu vaccines protecting against the 2009 H1N1 virus, G4 viruses are different enough that seasonal flu vaccines would be unlikely to provide protection or prevent onward human-to-human transmission.
If "experts" are right, this is a lockdown fanatic's dream come true. Or perhaps one pandemic was enough to get things where they needed to be.

You're a fallacy machine. I didn't say it was a hoax or that it's not real. You are unable to deal with the facts at hand, and respond in an emotional manner. Personally, I wouldn't want a doctor who can't keep his cool on an internet forum, assuming you really are a doctor, of course.
This is the truth of Covid.

Mid last year (or even earlier) something flu like started floating around the world. Who the hell knows where it started. In the US it expressed itself through an increase in vaping related deaths and nursing home deaths. Gates, the globalists and China immediately seized on an opportunity to push Agenda 2030 early. Working with China the propaganda machine started pumping out 'killer flu' stories in January. The Wuhan market story is horseshit. But using the Bloomberg map and Hopkins they legitimatized this Plandemic and scared the hell out of the population.

Some links:

Here is a link to a story from Japan from last January:

People started getting scared and this thing became more prevalent in the US and abroad but it was really just another flu. But the globo controlled MSM kept doubling down on the horseshit and we are where we are now.

Covid is the perfect tool for the globalists. You can't really successfully test for it and you can't prove that you've had it because there are no valid antibody tests. So the question remains how can you possibly ever create a Vaccine for it?

Bill Gates knows and he's had his 'Vaccine' ready for years.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Now do other cities. NYC is not the United States. The city is responsible for at least ~25% of deaths in the entire country. No other city are close. There are factors specific to NYC that is causing 6x deaths that is not happening anywhere else that can't solely be attributed to coronavirus. NYC is not the only dense city in the nation.
Nursing home death tolls is one of the factors specific to NYC's high number of deaths, thanks to Gov Cuomo's baffling directive to nursing homes last March. We will never know the true number of nursing home death tolls in NYC because of manipulated data & stats.

New York hospitals released more than 6,300 recovering coronavirus patients into nursing homes during the height of the pandemic under a controversial, now-scrapped policy, state officials said Monday, but they argued it was not to blame for one of the nation’s highest nursing home death tolls.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration, which has taken intense criticism over the policy, instead contended the virus’ rampant spread through the state’s nursing homes was propelled by more than 20,000 infected home staffers, many of whom kept going to work unaware they had the virus.
New York’s report came more than a month after The Associated Press did its own count finding that hospitals around the state released more than 4,500 recovering coronavirus patients to nursing homes under a March 25 Health Department directive that required nursing homes to take recovering coronavirus patients.

The directive was intended to help free up hospital beds for the sickest patients as cases surged. But several relatives, patient advocates and nursing administrators who spoke to the AP at the time blamed the policy for helping to spread the virus among the state’s most fragile residents. To date, more than 6,400 deaths have been linked to the coronavirus in New York’s nursing home and long-term care facilities.

Edit. Forgot to add one more thing: Cuomo signed into law a bill that would give immunity to hospitals and nursing homes from COVID-related lawsuits.

Is This the Reason Cuomo Gave Immunity to Nursing Homes?
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo received a $1 million donation just before Election Day in 2018 from a big healthcare group that included nursing homes and hospitals.

Last month, Cuomo signed into law a bill that would give immunity to hospitals and nursing homes from lawsuits stemming from the coronavirus.

The donation and favorable legislation are not surprising. But given Cuomo’s disastrous policy regarding coronavirus patients being moved into nursing homes, causing thousands of deaths, the granting of immunity to a favored campaign contributor might be construed as a quid pro quo.

Guardian:

Critics say Cuomo removed a key deterrent against nursing home and hospital corporations cutting corners in ways that jeopardize lives. As those critics now try to repeal the provision during this final week of Albany’s legislative session, they assert that data prove such immunity is correlating to higher nursing home death rates during the pandemic – both in New York and in other states enacting similar immunity policies.

New York has become one of the globe’s major pandemic hotspots – and the center of the state’s outbreak has been nursing homes, where more than 5,000 New Yorkers have died, according to Associated Press data.

That’s not the only favor Cuomo granted the healthcare industry.

Those deaths have occurred as Cuomo’s critics say he has taken a hands-off approach to regulating the healthcare industry interests that helped bankroll his election campaign. In March, Cuomo’s administration issued an order that allowed nursing homes to readmit sick patients without testing them for Covid-19. Amid allegations of undercounted casualties, the governor also pushed back against pressure to have state regulators more stringently record and report death rates in nursing homes.

And then came Cuomo’s annual budget – which included a little-noticed passage shielding corporate officials who run New York hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities from liability for Covid-related deaths and injuries.

Last edited:

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
Texas has had 10,000 cases the last few days which is what NYC had at its height which lasted for about 3 weeks at that case rate. If Texas stays at or above the 10,000 case mark for the next few weeks it would be a decent comparison.

Texas also had an all time high of 85-100 deaths yesterday depending on the source. NY was reaching around 1,000 deaths a day at its peak.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
New York during that time was testing 25,000 a day at a 30-50% positive rate. Texas is testing 50,000 a day at a 15% positive rate.

So a random guess New York could have been having more like 20,000-30,000 cases at the time to compare to Texas if they were testing the same amount as Texas. So may have to wait another month or so for Texas to catch up to that case rate.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
Arizona usually has 500-600 open ICU beds available statewide. There are now 145 beds available, expected to run out by end of next week.

Arizona Covid Dashboard

U.S. all time high cases over 60,000. California all time high deaths in a day over 140.

Last edited:

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
Covid Estimates

I hadn't seen this estimate before, if you scroll to the bottom for daily infections this data estimates that the U.S. was having 250,000 actual cases a day back in the end of March peak by extrapolating from less testing with higher positivity rates. This does put where we are at daily deaths into a better context going forward. The estimate also guesses we are having around 80,000 new cases a day right now in actuality due to testing limits.

So things in these spread out car cities and states still aren't near the level of NYC spread in packed subways, elevators, taxis, and venues.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Famous YouTube travel v logger and former (?) Roosh forum member Bald and Bankrupt apparently just had the fight of his life over this

That’s the thing, even if this disease is taking folks at no more than half a percent, the stories you hear in the media of random young folks battling makes the disease more salient to me, for whatever reason

Mojambo

Pigeon
Famous YouTube travel v logger and former (?) Roosh forum member Bald and Bankrupt apparently just had the fight of his life over this

That’s the thing, even if this disease is taking folks at no more than half a percent, the stories you hear in the media of random young folks battling makes the disease more salient to me, for whatever reason
I'm just going to quote myself from the other thread since this video is spreading, and thus injecting more emotion than rational thought in the current discourse:

I'm not going to doubt [individual cases] right away. There is no need to. And I feel sorry for anyone that has had a bad response to the virus, at the same level I would feel sorry for anyone young suffering from cancer, or a terrible car accident. It is bad luck.

But looking at statistical anomalies is fearmongering nonetheless. A video like this being spread and for some reason getting its own thread demonstrates survival bias or selection bias: selecting the handful of cases that stand out, misrepresenting the now known statistical improbability of being harmed by the virus.

If you show us videos of people winning the lottery, or anecdotally saying "I know a friend of a friend that won big", does that make the lottery any easier to win? It sure does convince a lot of mathematically challenged that it does.

Videos showing those committing suicide due to financial ruin, social isolation, and those dying from causes as a result of avoiding medical care due to the COVID scare don't make interesting Reddit or YouTube material. And for every one of these videos of a "popular" YouTuber getting the trendy Corona, there are countless other tragedies as a result of Corona policy that simply don't get the same attention, not forgetting to mention all the existing statistically more probable events affecting the young such as cancer, murder, automobile accidents, etc.

Troller

Woodpecker
Since beginning problem is hospitalization rates not mortality if your bellow 60. Even if you survive do you want to spend one week in a hospital bed? The response was disproportionate from governments. Some things were made to exacerbate the problem. The MSM took advantage of people suffering like the cheap whores they are. A news reporter will bang a cameraman just to have more 3 seconds of showtime. They make lines to sniff coke in bathrooms. Worthless.

Today my significant other went to Mass, the first time in over four months, due to the lockdown! We would always go together, before the church was closed, and services went online. She got up early, to go to a Mass starting at 630 in the morning. They practiced social distancing, and everyone had to be at least six feet away from the other attendees. The building has a capacity of around 1,200, but due to social distancing, they only allowed in 300.