The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
17 states report over 1,000 cases each today. Texas 150 record deaths in a day, record 12,000 cases.

Spain's 7 day moving average of cases goes over 700, last time daily case rate was this high - May 24.

India record high 32,000 cases, their case trend has grown consistently exponentially since mid April with no breaks.

Last edited:

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
What is the explanation for the cases growing but deaths dropping for such a long time? Less dangerous strain? Labs using new tests that pick up the common cold as Corona?

At first I thought that such a gap was normal since Corona takes a long time to kill, but now there has to be an explanation.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Dr. Mercola is someone who I really respect. I have not read his entire article, because it is quite long, but here is the summary:
STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • Even though the COVID-19 curve has been flattened, mainstream media outlets continue to push doomsday predictions of an impending explosion of deaths
  • According to Stanford University's disease prevention chairman Dr. John Ioannidis, the COVID-19 fatality rate for those under the age of 45 is "almost zero," and between the ages of 45 and 70, it's somewhere between 0.05% and 0.3%
  • So, the fact that young and middle-aged adults are testing positive in droves is not a warning sign of an impending onslaught of deaths, as the risk of death in these age groups is minuscule
  • According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the COVID-19 mortality -- which had declined for the last 10 weeks straight -- "is currently at the epidemic threshold," meaning if it declines just a little more, COVID-19 will no longer be considered an epidemic
  • The sharp increases in "cases" are not proof of disease spread but, rather, the spread of testing

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
What is the explanation for the cases growing but deaths dropping for such a long time? Less dangerous strain? Labs using new tests that pick up the common cold as Corona?

At first I thought that such a gap was normal since Corona takes a long time to kill, but now there has to be an explanation.
I am dogshit tired of the let's wait and see, but 7 day average of deaths was at a low of 500 a day on July 4 and now has crept up past 700 per day.

Florida just had another record day of deaths today.

Johnny Rico

Sparrow
I'm new to the forum so its probably already been said - Anyone who dies with COVID in their system, in most jurisdictions, is added to the COVID death list. If you go sky diving and your chute doesn't open and you splat but test positive; even though your death certificate will say accident you may still go into the stats depending on the locale. They basically just do a test of all dead people, regardless of the cause of death, and put it in the CDC daily report.

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I'm new to the forum so its probably already been said - Anyone who dies with COVID in their system, in most jurisdictions, is added to the COVID death list. If you go sky diving and your chute doesn't open and you splat but test positive; even though your death certificate will say accident you may still go into the stats depending on the locale. They basically just do a test of all dead people, regardless of the cause of death, and put it in the CDC daily report.
Also if a person encountered Covid and even if they didnt get sick, such as their bodies immune system slapped the virus away without it creating a serious infection in the body, pieces, fragments of that virus still exist in the body.

Tests that amplify whatever is in the body can find those fragments and give a positive result. Those are many of the “no symptoms positive”. This test was good simply to find where covid went for tracing its path. It’s everywhere now so this test is worthless because millions of people encountered covid, didnt get sick, but fragments of the destroyed virus float around. They test “positive” but they were never sick, nor a threat to pass it on to anyone.

Who gives a shit about covid honestly. I haven't read the rest of this thread, but anybody that is willing to destroy the entire country or cower in perpetual fear from that virus is a total idiot. What a scam.

What's next? Maybe they can declare the flu a public health emergency too and just institute masks and lockdowns forever now. And I'm sure all the bitch made people would accept it. Can't stand up to your corrupt public officials, too scary.

It's now a misdemeanor crime with up to one year in prison and a hefty fine for not even wearing the mask one time in public areas like grocery stores where I live. Which is not even in a liberal area.

Needless to say I have not and will not be wearing the mask. The police can come try to arrest me if they want.

kel

Pelican
Anyone who dies with COVID-like symptoms, even. So, if you had trouble breathing as you were dying....

Jestx

Robin
Well, except for George Floyd. He had COVID-19 and had trouble breathing even before the police placed him in a choke hold, but he died of police brutality -- not COVID-19.
Floyd was actually actively using several other illicit substances in his system at the time, but i see your point.

Salocin

Sparrow
It's now a misdemeanor crime with up to one year in prison and a hefty fine for not even wearing the mask one time in public areas like grocery stores where I live. Which is not even in a liberal area.

Needless to say I have not and will not be wearing the mask. The police can come try to arrest me if they want.
Seems like a pretty bad idea. Wearing a mask is no fun, but it's not something I'd be willing to risk incarceration to rebel against.

And may I offer a friendly piece of advice? If the police come and try to arrest you, I strongly advise you to not resist.

Sometimes keepin' it real goes wrong...

I didn't say it was smart or anyone else should do it.

I'm not wearing the mask though. I'm a very prideful rebellious and stubborn person. So far I have actually gotten away with it.

At this point you're basically a criminal if you're a man with a functioning ball sack anyways, so might as well embrace being a outlaw.

Easy_C

Crow
Idea...

well, my bike has been mothballed since I’ve been in this shithole, but I should pull my leathers out of the closet and try going around without the mask on.

Im willing to bet that most people around here won’t dare to say shit to me.

Possible explanations for low death rate

- The median age of the infected now is much lower than in March, April as most of the old folks are still hiding at home, and the young could not not socialize. Also the protest is mostly under 30s. Naturally you have a lot of infection with very few death.

- Better treatment protocol. Remdesivir and Decadron, although not game changer, are clearly effective. Also use of non-invasive ventilation allow some patients to recover without the ventilator.

- The surge is not as overwhelming as NY, NJ surge. In NY, NJ ophthalmologist, orthopedic surgeons were called to treat covid patients. Many nurses were flown in from out of state. I am sure they were very well qualified, but being thrown into the ICU of a new hospital and forced to work at 150% effort can lead to a lot of treatment errors. They were basically in triage mode, many patients who could be treated were not due to lack of man power and resource.

- Increased testing. We are testing much more, of course we'll have more cases. But bases on test/positive rate, the actual cases are most likely still much greater than before.

- Death lags diagnosis. Many of these patients sit 3-6 weeks in the ICU before they die.

- Virus mutated into a less lethal strain. Hopefully this is the case. Evolutionary it makes sense - the strain that kills or severely disable the host will not have a host that move about and spread the virus. The strain that mildly infect the host, the host will be healthy enough to goto parties, work and spread the virus.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
It's hard to imagine the deaths per day getting back to average 2,000. Today was 1,100. It's been said deaths most likely should rise for next 3 weeks. I am going to guess it will be gradual as it has been to a 1,500-1,700 range and fall.

Guessing each reopen cycle will have a lower death high average. Maybe the next one in September or October could be in the 1,000-1,200 range. I think once enough people get infected by next spring things could stay a 200-400 death a day range and most things would be pretty normal.

I think the most telling thing will be how places like Spain, Italy, New York, and France fare and if they really have everything over with. They all just have so many tourists and are all such social places it is difficult to see how they will accomplish this.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit about covid honestly.
Apparently you do; as you have made quite the series of testaments regarding to how you intend to stand up with such bravery against such a non-issue.

I didn't say it was smart or anyone else should do it.

I'm not wearing the mask though. I'm a very prideful rebellious and stubborn person. So far I have actually gotten away with it.

At this point you're basically a criminal if you're a man with a functioning ball sack anyways, so might as well embrace being a outlaw.
So this is about being some sort of romanticized Icon, now?

Hmm; what can I say?
I, too, was a flippant 'in your face' teen at one time.

The problem is that there's a substantial mountain of difference between "the 'Tude" & 'alpha'-posturing common to these forums, versus real-world application.

You will do what your feelings say you must; but be forewarned that the outcome will not turn out remotely as glamorous as you have currently mislead yourself into believing.

Last edited: