The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
In a small midwestern town, in a state that has very strict lockdowns. A gym is open with a large flashing, CLOSED sign on the outside.

No masks required in the gym. Each person gets a spray bottle and a fresh towel to wipe down stuff after use. They did have a lawyer write up a multi-page waiver that must be signed.

In places where no one has died in that county, nor in the surrounding counties from Covid, local police dont care. Businesses are making deals with the police to live and let live.

On the flip side in that same small town, some places are putting up even more strict measures than the state already has. Which put themselves out of business as nobody has time for that. One store had a limit of 3 people inside at a time, could only stay 15 minutes. Dont touch anything you dont want to buy.

Economics 101 on display. Incentives, decisions, concern for customer preferences.
It has been interesting to watch some businesses dig their own graves. BC never really had any 'lockdowns' but a lot of businesses went full on into it anyways. Then when things opened up back to 80%, these same businesses have all sorts of insane rules above what the health officials recommend.

Part of me wants to slap them back to their senses, but the other part of me just thinks that a better suited entrepreneur will fill their vacancy in short order.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Credit to Budoslavic in the criticism thread

Per CDC : 6% of fatalities actually died of Covid 19. So around 9210 in the US to date

Can we please ffs finally agree to rename this thread ?

"Scamdemic thread"

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
You're saying this killed a small fraction of what the flu does every year? The remaining deaths were people attributed with Covid but actually died of something else?

Very interesting, but the problem is normies have an explanation for anything. Just like the anti-civil liberties Neo-con crowd will say the reason we haven't had a major Terrorist attack in the US is because of the minimum wage TSA goons taking your water and deodorant at the airport and spies listening to all our communications; likewise, they will say the masks saved us from more deaths from coronavirus.

It's a strange narrative. I've noticed that all the rioting and iconoclasm hasn't stopped our police from shooting black men :hmm:

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Something is starting up with the media machine again. They are trying for another coronavirus panic hail mary.

An older cop in my state 'contracted corona on the job and died' and now the governor is flying the flag at half staff (a democrat). There is this reinfection stuff in the news, and tests are up.

Also, as another anectode, a 50 ish lady at my church got the corona and died from pneumonia complications. She would also be a high risk flu patient. She was overweight and had that husky, no neck, powerlifter type of build that I see on a lot of people when they make the news as a flu or corona death.

Interesting times,

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Credit to Budoslavic in the criticism thread

Per CDC : 6% of fatalities actually died of Covid 19. So around 9210 in the US to date

Can we please ffs finally agree to rename this thread ?

"Scamdemic thread"
NY Post just put out an article about it. :hmm:

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
NY Post just put out an article about it. :hmm:

So now that its crystal clear to even left schilling propaganda rag like NYP, shouldn't the guidelines then be changed from:

"Shut down / wear a mask / social distance"

To

"Eat a fucking vegetable occasionally / get off the sofa / lose some weight you fat phucks"

?

kel

Pelican
While it's obviously not true looking at it, the Post has the reputation for being on the right. Which compared to the NYT it probably is.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member

The state is working on a "resort bubble concept" for inter-island travelers. The state calls the program an "enhanced movement quarantine" that each county can develop to give residents and visitors the ability to travel between islands without a 14-day quarantine.

Officials reviewed an idea that would allow tourists to roam freely on resorts while their movements are tracked via a wearable monitor to ensure they stay inside the boundaries of the facilities.

The “resort bubble” concept would keep the tourists within a “geofence” that tracked their movements, West Hawaii Today reported.

Aloha!

andy dufresne

Woodpecker

The state is working on a "resort bubble concept" for inter-island travelers. The state calls the program an "enhanced movement quarantine" that each county can develop to give residents and visitors the ability to travel between islands without a 14-day quarantine.

Officials reviewed an idea that would allow tourists to roam freely on resorts while their movements are tracked via a wearable monitor to ensure they stay inside the boundaries of the facilities.

The “resort bubble” concept would keep the tourists within a “geofence” that tracked their movements, West Hawaii Today reported.

Aloha!
In other words you're prisoners. Whoopee.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Something is starting up with the media machine again. They are trying for another coronavirus panic hail mary.

An older cop in my state 'contracted corona on the job and died' and now the governor is flying the flag at half staff (a democrat). There is this reinfection stuff in the news, and tests are up.

Also, as another anectode, a 50 ish lady at my church got the corona and died from pneumonia complications. She would also be a high risk flu patient. She was overweight and had that husky, no neck, powerlifter type of build that I see on a lot of people when they make the news as a flu or corona death.

Interesting times,
More happenings. My local county just changed one of its data metrics. They used to report on the total number of people currently in hospital, now they changed it just to show new hospitalizations. The whole point of the lockdown originally was to 'ease the strain on hospitals' so knowing the total in hospital was good data, now its just panic data like 'new cases' that doesn't show active or recovered.

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Not sure if this was posted in here. From a few days ago.

Information is showing that many testing sites are calling a person "positive" no matter how small the amount of covid scrapes found in the person's body. They are not sick, could not possibly infect other people and were probably never sick (had symptoms) themselves.

I personally have been working out in a gym for a while now and have not gotten sick. Friends in China show they were at huge functions, salsa dancing, working out in packed gyms, on the subway.

At this point there is zero risk and probably has been the case except for a couple weeks, 6 months ago.

The sports team in my region found, shockingly, that almost the entire team was positive for covid. It turns out the tests were being sent to a testing center across the country. When the players were tested again, all the positives, were found negative. That testing center and many others are giving out very high rates of positives. With no oversight. And all the other people, not famous, who got positive results were not retested because they were nobodies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rus-positivity-rate-high-tests-sensitive.html

Up to 90 per cent of people diagnosed with coronavirus may not be carrying enough of it to infect anyone else, study finds as experts say tests are too sensitive
  • Up to 90 percent of people tested for COVID-19 in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada in July carried barely any traces of the virus, a new report says
  • Experts say it could be because today's tests are 'too sensitive'
  • In the US PCR testing is the most widely used diagnostic test for COVID-19
  • PCR tests analyze genetic matter from the virus in cycles and today's tests typically take 37 or 40 cycles
  • Experts say this is too high because it deems a patient positive even if they have small traces of the virus that are old and no longer contagious
  • They suggest lowering the number of cycles, which would hone in on people with a higher viral load and who are more contagious
  • Today there are 5.9million cases of COVID-19 in the US and there have been more than 182,000 deaths

https://www.algora.com/Algora_blog/...tagious-every-stat-about-the-disease-is-bogus

CORONA VIRUS
Up to 90% of people who test positive for Covid barely carry any virus & are not contagious. Every stat about the disease is bogus
SEPTEMBER 3, 2020 ALGORA BLOG LEAVE A COMMENT
By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics

It has been revealed that the standard tests being used in the US to diagnose Covid-19 cases are far too sensitive, with the vast majority of people marked down as being positive actually turning out to be negative.
Top US virologists have been stunned by revelations about the laxity of the US Covid testing regimen. It turns out that tests that deliver a simple binary“positive or negative” result are not fit for purpose, as they tell us nothing about the contagiousness of each person.
Data from three US states – New York, Nevada and Massachusetts – shows that when the amount of the virus found in a person is taken into account, up to 90 percent of people who have tested positive should actually have been negative, as they are carrying only tiny amounts of the virus, are not contagious, pose no risk to others, and have no need to isolate.
This means that only a fraction of the daily “cases” being reported so hysterically in the mainstream media are actual, bona fide Covid-19 sufferers, and need treatment and to separate themselves from others.
It’s a sensitive issue
So how could this have happened? The answer has to do with the sensitivity of PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) tests for Covid, which it turns out can be ramped up according to the taste of the testing companies. Most testing companies have chosen the outrageously high sensitivity limit of 40 PCR cycles – meaning that the DNA in a sample is exponentially increased 40 times in order to amplify its signal.
Just wait for a vaccine? First confirmed REINFECTION means there may be no way to eradicate Covid
But using such a ridiculously sensitive test means that the faintest traces of a dead virus, or even leftovers from previous infections, can result in a positive. Professor Juliet Morrison, a University of California virologist, said that even a limit of 35 PCR cycles is too high, let alone 40. She said she was “shocked that people would think that 40 could represent a positive.”But apparently, pretty much everyone in the US Covid brain trust took exactly that on faith.
So the scale of the pandemic ‘problem’ is actually much smaller than we’ve been led to believe – about a tenth of what all the politicians and media have been using to justify the lockdowns, the quarantines, the mass testing. Some may be shocked that the scale of the problem is so much smaller than assumed. But for a seasoned ignorer of any and all statistics that contain Covid ‘cases’, there are no surprises here. The truth is, there was never any reason to be confident in such figures. The FDA has only now been forced to concede that they have no idea how different testing companies determine which the positive and negative tests are: they just accept whatever data they are given.
What these findings bring is absolute assurance that the testing to this point has been an utter waste of time, and that not one statistic concerning this pandemic – from cases to deaths to infection rates – can be believed. But it should not have taken some journalist to ask the right question to discover this: a bit of common sense would have been enough. What is it going to take for these professional virologists to drop their assumptions and models, and just start acting based on the facts at hand?
Scrap test and trace
It’s a virus so deadly, you need a test to tell whether you have it or not. So goes the refrain of many lockdown skeptics, Covidiots and anti-maskers, of whom I am an indignant supporter. Something has gone… not just wrong, but totally haywire… when the might of the world’s scientific establishment is trained with the zeal of a Witchfinder General on one particular microscopic particle. Not even a particularly dangerous particle; the latest data show it is the eighth most common cause of death in England, and it doesn’t make the top ten in Wales.
Meanwhile, in Wuhan, the original source of this disease, the pool partiesare in full swing. They don’t seem to be too worried about PCR tests or contact tracing, or even the virus itself. The Chinese government says that their supreme lockdown was so awesome that they now have zero Covid: a biological impossibility. Maybe they just stopped testing, and decided to get on with their lives. Everyone else should take a leaf out of their book.

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member
I saw that info about the amplification on Peak Prosperity and some other places. Hard to tell if this is worse than just sloppiness by the CDC. Yet another massive institutional fail.

MRAll134

Woodpecker
British Columbia is getting a surge in cases.

What changed?

We now have drive through testing facilities. Just in time for the gangster teachers union to ramp up their demands again. No work, more pay this time around. Hospitals are empty with only 4 people in the entire province in the hospital with covid, but that matters little when our corrupt MSM gets involved.

BC is a strange place at the best of times. Part fascist, part communist, plenty of hippy-rednecks, some true hippies, and the rest are pretty much easy living conservatives. Its the perfect mix to wind people up for any manner of tricks; From lockdowns to full face diapers.

Happy to report that even with a surge in cases, I would say masks are still around 5%. Higher among Asians, 5% among whites. Pretty much zero among brown.
I am on Van. Island. And, I would say there are 50% wearing masks over here, mostly boomers and old women. You would think boomers could show more leadership and less fear, but no.

Quick update from Albania.
After being one of the very first country in Europe to have a heavy quarantine for a bit more than a month ( sending sms to be allowed to go outside) we now have a great situation here compared to many.

-Masks are mandatory in buses , which is the only thing i have no problem to comply with.
-In most shops such as phone shops (to recharge your credit etc) only 2 persons can enter at one time , which is not such a big deal.
-In all supermarkets it s written that you have to wear a mask , but only in one supermarket i was told something by the security agent. Most little shops do not have security agents since there is no delinquency here. I keep going to the 2 supermarkets i regularly go to and they let me go -without mask without any problem.
-Around 20% of people wear a mask outside , mostly old people and a few teenagers , or employees of supermarkets/banks etc.

Life is as normal , nothing is closed , bars/cafes/parks are full , people play football (=soccer) , and so and so on.

International travel is almost as normal with Turkey , and there are regular flights to Germany , France , Belgium etc . From someone who has just returned , there is nothing else than a quick temperature check. I will ask embassy staff which i will meet in a week or so , if it s possible to travel to your home country ,let's see what he will say. What I want is not to be tested.