The Coronavirus Pandemic thread III

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Yes, England has got another glorious month of lockdown, as if the first one didn't do enough damage to the socio-economic structure of the country. Every week, I go into town at the weekend for a cup of coffee and a read of the paper, and every week I see that the premises of another independent business have got the doors closed, and the fixtures and fittings in a pile in the middle of the shop, ready to move out. This weekend, it was a high end cake company, of the sort that you see on reality TV. They've not opened for a few weeks now, and I imagine that the restrictions on social gatherings from multiple households killed their business stone dead.

Meanwhile, a woman living close to me has been driven to the brink by it all, and I do worry about her.

On the culture front, music acts seem to have written 2021 off already, and are posting dates for 2022.

Covid measures will be seen as 'monument of collective hysteria and folly' says ex-judge

"Jonathan Sumption, former British supreme court justice, slams ‘cavalier use of coercive powers’ and ‘loss of freedom’"

234567.jpg

MRAll134

Kingfisher
Gov. Witless is utilizing ever more Draconian measures to ruin the lives of business owners, parents (daycare) etc. in Michigan. The latest - a few excerpts:

-requiring restaurants, barbershops, tattoo parlors, recreational facilities, and entertainment establishments to record the names, contact information, and visit times of all customers to “aid with contact tracing.” Any establishment that does not comply is threatened with a maximum $200 fine, a misdemeanor charge punishable with up to six months in prison, and a $1,000 civil fine for violating the state’s emergency orders
-In addition to scaling back the number of people at gatherings at indoor venues from 500 to 50, the order also advised against shouting and screaming at events, claiming that cheering could spread the virus in the air 30 times more than speaking
-the newly announced restrictions also emphasized and extended the use of face masks, including on children as young as 2 years old at daycare, school, or “similar indoor settings”

Full article: https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/0...s-dont-surveil-customers-for-contact-tracing/

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Today at work, I spoke to a young woman to find out how her boyfriend, away at university, was faring. She told me that he had been home for a few weeks now, but was finding remote study extremely taxing, on account of having no support.

Far sadder, she went on to say that she had been speaking to a girlfriend of hers, who is studying at Manchester University. She was told that, in recent weeks, there had been four suicides. She didn't know any more, but I think its fair to say that all of them would still be alive, were it not for the hysteria that has been created by Covid-19.

On getting home, I looked at the Daily Mail website, and found this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nts-Manchester-claim-penned-metal-fences.html

Four young people who, a few weeks ago were, no doubt, looking forward to a new chapter in their lives, now dead, and for what? Doubtless, this is just the tip of the iceberg, and we are hearing nothing about it.

Angry? You bet I am.

I am living in Budapest for a few months as an exchange student.

Although I am a fan of the Orban regime (immigration hardline policy, perservation of Christian culture), I am kind of disappointed in the new rules that are in place here in Hungary.

Now we have to wear masks in restaurants and pubs (besides shops and public transport which was already in place when I arrived). I went to a restaurant yesterday and you can only take the mask of when your drink is served (the virus apparently is tame from the moment your drink is on the table). I went to the bathroom without a mask and the girl behind the bar looked at me like I killed her family.

Overall, it is still better than Western Europe (i.e. no mandatory masks in streets, altough compliance rate is 30-40%)

Most shockingly though, Viktor Orban declared that “The ultimate solution will be a vaccine, but this is within sight now. We must hold out until a vaccine is developed,”
I always thought that these Central/Eastern European countries were more based in dealing with the virus as they suffered from communism and could put a pretty mild virus in perspective... Who would have thought that one day I would wish that Hungary could learn something from Sweden concerning certain policies...

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Well, it finally happened. My Church shut down all public masses because they couldn't comply with the bullshit restrictions. Fuck this scandemic from the top to the bottom. Now there's talk of another shut down because of a rise in coofid cases. A fucking flu

Nordwand

Kingfisher
It appears that this thing is going to run, and run. I spoke to a City worker at the weekend, who is currently working from home. He told me that he won't be returning to his office for another 18 months.

On the economic front, was a report on the TV a few days ago about Luton airport which, for you guys outside the UK, is a London offshoot, about 30 miles north of the capital. That day, there were only 7 flights, with a grand total of 400 passengers. No-one is going to be getting fat on figures like that.

kel

Ostrich
Besides the sun, what are sources of vitamin D that don't have a lot of vitamin A also? Egg yolks, cod-liver oil (and liver at large), etc. all come with a lot of vitamin A as well, I'm worried perhaps too much vitamin A.

Dutes

Chicken

I don't know if this is posted before, but this is a much watch.

I remember Roosh talking about how he used to be a microbiologist or something and how this kind of vaccine was never tried before and how it would alter your DNA or something.

This guy said the same in 2014.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Besides the sun, what are sources of vitamin D that don't have a lot of vitamin A also? Egg yolks, cod-liver oil (and liver at large), etc. all come with a lot of vitamin A as well, I'm worried perhaps too much vitamin A.

What’s the problem with supplement?

President Xi Forgets To Remove Made in China Tags From Coronavirus

article-5823-1.jpg

fiasco360

Kingfisher
I know someone who says she had Covid several months ago, and is still unable to smell or taste anything.

This guy eats an onion and garlic paste, and, drinks lemon juice.

That's not COVID exclusive. I had the same problem in 2017.

I fasted for a while, exercised, took multiple vitamins and senses started to come back after a few months.

jarlo

Woodpecker

Fauci: Masks, Social Distancing Still Needed Even After COVID-19 Vaccine

Optimism (and the stock markets) exploded last week when reports emerged that a new COVID-19 experimental vaccine was testing at 90% effectiveness. But Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday said even after it’s widely available, Americans will still need to practice the precautions now in place, like wearing masks and social distancing.

“I would recommend to people to not to abandon all public health measures just because you’ve been vaccinated,” Fauci told CNN anchor Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

“Because even though for the general population it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don’t necessarily know for you how effective it is,” said Fauci, an immunologist and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who served on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.

Fuck this guy.