The Dave Chappelle thread

King of Monkeys

Kingfisher
RE: Dave Chappelle Red Pill Stand Up. 2000

@philosophical_recovery

His voice got much deeper. It's like he went from a high baritone and dropped straight down to a heavy bass. I'm glad he kept his act civil. Bill Burr had a similar bit on Conan recently about the election.

I noticed he's really paying attention to the crowd's reactions too. I think he's got a good gauge on how the audience feels as he goes through his routine.

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member

That was by far the worst monologue I've ever heard by chapelle. It had maybe one or two funny moments. What a disappointment.

I don't know why he'd bother trying to revive his comic career if he was just going to bitch about the election most of the time. He could've reminded everyone how funny he is, instead he spent it sounding like a downtrodden cnn Hillary supporter. He's better than that.

LeoneVolpe

Pelican
Gold Member

Honestly, I can't believe "Saturday Night Live" is still on the air. It's become a shell of a shell of its former self, its cancellation is long overdue.

Tenerife

Kingfisher

Some funny moments but then he ended with some schmaltzy PC crap. Could have been more edgy but he went for the safe ending. Must have been from the backlash he got calling Trump "white Malcolm X". Probably didn't want to take the heat.

Safe to say the casting couch got Chappelle. :mad:

Thirsty asses over there in Hollywood, wanting free sex because they were taught to not get any. Too fucking Victorian, if you asked me.

philosophical_recovery

Hummingbird
Gold Member

BUMP

giphy.gif

RIslander

Hummingbird

^Thats the perfect gif for the fourth video. Started off with the "prison fags" joke :laugh: then cucked out.

Huey

Kingfisher

Just get Netflix. It's definitely worth it, if even for his special. It's kind of pointless watching these videos because everything is out of context.

Huey said:
Just get Netflix. It's definitely worth it, if even for his special. It's kind of pointless watching these videos because everything is out of context.
Netflix is worth $10 for Narcos alone.