The decline of functioning society - What's going on?

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
The nonsense isn't going away, it would be like if we're in ~500AD hoping for a return of the Roman empire, or if we were in ~1500AD hoping for a revival of the church, or if we were in ~500BC complaining about having to maintain crop fields & hoping for a return to foraging.

I have come to spread & discuss the message of Lord William Rees-Mogg. Self made oligarch, author of borderline visionary books such as The Great Reckoning, Blood in the Streets, Sovereign Individual.

Violence as a commodity is currently trading at an all time low, no one holds a monopoly on it anymore - it's borderline worthless. The microprocessor has led to the collapse of the industrialized welfare/nation state. There's a reason the USSR banned most tech.

I mean not to sound cynical but I would recommend you view antiquated ideas like "my fellow citizen" or "a good community" as relics of a time bygone & prepare for the new structures emerging.
What else? I'm intrigued.

Things can clearly go on longer than anyone thinks ... just look at monetary repression and fiat trickery, bad female behavior, cultural rot and other lies ... there is no doubt.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer

Things can clearly go on longer than anyone thinks ... just look at monetary repression and fiat trickery, bad female behavior, cultural rot and other lies ... there is no doubt.
I'm surprised every day that I see cars on the street, lights on, trains on time, people showing up at work. One would expect the system would've fallen apart already but apparantly people are dutiful enough to keep playing their tiny role in the slave machine.

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
I'm surprised every day that I see cars on the street, lights on, trains on time, people showing up at work. One would expect the system would've fallen apart already but apparantly people are dutiful enough to keep playing their tiny role in the slave machine.
I used to feel that way too. I no longer think a Mad Max scenario is coming though, just a slow, steady decline. Most likely the US will look a lot like Brazil the later 21st century, just with colder weather and uglier women.

My wife is from one of the poorer, more violent parts of Latin America. They have cars on the streets. The lights are usually on, although much less consistently than here in the US, and people lucky enough to have a job show up to work. That's probably our future too.

iguanagreen

Chicken
Other Christian

If you're interested to know more - then read the books I mentioned. Very complicated stuff - I'll try to summarize... my apologies for length.

2 things shape human development - information & violence. Each of the 4 human transitions, 1. hunter gatherer - 2. agriculture - 3. industrialization - 4. information happened because of changes in the organization of violence & information.

To understand our current transition, 3-4, we look at the previous transition, 2-3. Feudal times, pre industrialization.

Violence - In feudal times violence was the most valuable asset/commodity one could obtain, a master of violence was a knight, the returns on violence were very high. Economically, 1 night was about 10's-100's peasants.

Information - in feudal times, each church used to have a guy who'd handwrite the word - the scribe - this was your only source of info. If the scribe writes it - you believe it - period. The church controlled what people believed.

This is how human society was for a long time. Feudal - decentralized. From the eastern dynasties to the middle east caliphates to the European feifdoms. They all follow this pattern, with slight variations. For ~1000 yrs, everything is predictable. Everyone knows their role. There is stability.

Then BOOM, all of the sudden, very quickly, 2 major technologies emerged around ~1500 & changed it all.

Gunpowder. It centralizes the knights into the nation state, eliminating the old feudal structures. The presidents & soldiers now look more like Rome than they do of the dukes & knights.

The printing press. It allows for any old peasant to start getting his thoughts out there. In an age where heresy could be met with death - the free flow of information is a big problem for the church, they start trading ideas more in common with the Romans, than the church.

You've got all these people now, they don't know what to do. Out of work. They're whipping themselves in the streets trying to repent, the scribes start writing heresy, feasts are cancelled, the popes are having orgies. Sound familiar?

The books go into great detail on how for since the invention of fire, technologies have had deep, negative societal implications. Chaos.

Humans reorganize & the same people control both violence & information - the nation state - leading to industrialization. For about ~500 yrs everything is predictable. Everyone knows their role. There is stability. Then BOOM, all of the sudden, we get the microprocessor...

Present day - The nationstate no longer controls it's 2 most valuable commodities. Violence today is worthless, information is decentralized. The nationstate is collapsing - deindustrialization. When reorganizations in violence & information occur, human society changes.

Charlatans like Klaus Schwab try to present this idea as his own - go to the source - read it there. The Great Reckoning, Blood in the Streets, The Sovereign Individual. It's very, very likely that the structures emerging will be what they describe in the book.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
The books go into great detail on how for since the invention of fire, technologies have had deep, negative societal implications. Chaos.

Humans reorganize & the same people control both violence & information - the nation state - leading to industrialization. For about ~500 yrs everything is predictable. Everyone knows their role. There is stability. Then BOOM, all of the sudden, we get the microprocessor...

Present day - The nationstate no longer controls it's 2 most valuable commodities. Violence today is worthless, information is decentralized. The nationstate is collapsing - deindustrialization. When reorganizations in violence & information occur, human society changes.
True, especially the first part - the archetype has always been that humans can't handle technologies and evildoers or demons always give them to the humans and/or tempt them with all of it.

As Herb Hunter says in an amazon review, one must have a more complete picture. Why? As he suggests, we now have devolved into central powers aligning with the "information" behemoths that have effectively created a fascist state. I saw that Peter Thiel loves this. But he's also part of the cabal and defense ministry of the US three letter agencies, as twitter, amazon, microsoft, apple and google are.

Herb said:
I read this book because so many people in the crypto currency community think this author called a lot of things correctly and will continue to be proven correct as the crypto currency world gets adopted. They're only partly right. Overall I think this author suffered some from major libertarian blind spots. Here are my quick takes on what he got right versus wrong nearly two decades later:

CORRECT: The gig economy, transnational ultra-rich people, the value of information, and the desperate attempts of the old financial guard to try to hang onto their power.

As to that last point, we are currently witnessing the legacy finance influences in New York push their influence in Washington DC to try to get decentralized finance operators and crypto miners saddled with ridiculous and unrealistic regulations that serve no purpose other than to hobble their fledgling industry. The author was correct even before crypto currencies were invented - legacy finance will not go down without a fight.

INCORRECT: "private passports," the death of corporations, the end of major war, governments being obsolete, police departments giving way to private security, and the general notion that all bad things come from government. He also had a few factual errors.

To that last point, he keeps blaming Bill Clinton for creating the exit tax, when it was LBJ who initiated way back in the 1960s (though there were enhancements done during the Clinton administration) He also takes at face value dubious stories about the medieval Catholic Church (see the lurid details about the so-called Chestnut Ball - totally unverified details, though there was a party that took place).

Overall there is a general naïveté that it's always governments doing the bad while private enterprise equals utopia where everything is contractual, free and no bad influences whatsoever. Ironically he suggests near the end of the book by going to Amazon to get copies of books on how to learn skills, not ever imagining that it's places like Amazon, Google, Facebook etc. who become some of the most powerful corporations in the world with the ability to silence your views the minute you go off the reservation. The author grew up with the idea that governments were the ones most likely to take away your right to free speech, but realistically if you can't use the modern platforms to speak, or if you do and they decide to cut you off, what rights do you really have? The government sits on their hands while the big corporations the author thought would not exist now dominate and survey every aspect of our lives in this dystopian preview of 1984 coming into reality. The author didn't see "deplatforming" coming or who would be doing it, and if you went back in a time machine to tell him he's probably one of those libertarians who would never believe you.

He coos at how wonderful democracy is, forgetting we're supposed to be in a democratic republic, not raw democracy, which at its base is really nothing more than mob rule.

Hilariously, one of the few recommendations made by the author to the aspiring young career seeker was to not go too far into computer programming (as it was called back then) since artificial intelligence will make most of that useless and you don't want to be trained in the wrong skill. Well, most software developers learn more than one language, and the good ones can make pretty serious bank. Got to wonder what a software developer at Amazon/Google/Facebook thinks about that silly prediction nowadays.

Finally, he dabbles a bit into the idea of morals being essential for society to function, and voices concern that a world run by atomized well off people are going to have children growing up morally illiterate with no religious or other education. A) What else did he expect in his libertarian fantasyland? and B) If he does not like it, what is his preferred solution? Alas, he didn't go there.

Overall I was glad to read it, but it's hardly the earth shatteringly accurate book I was told it would be.

iguanagreen

Chicken
Other Christian
The book makes many angry & invokes borderline emotional responses like you posted. That's not the 1st I've seen. I'm not going to bother to point for point dissect the response but it's incorrect - Mogg goes into a lot of detail about loss of freedom technology will cause & correctly predicted much more than what you posted. Look at it like this...

Masters of violence, a knight, lived quite well in feudal times. They were rich, high status. Imagine telling a knight in 1490 that their new job as a master of violence in the nation state in 30 years is going to be as a relatively poor, low status, soldier/police. They wouldn't be too happy & would speak similarly to that review, saying feudalism isn't going anywhere, giving you every reason to believe otherwise, etc.

iguanagreen

Chicken
Other Christian
As he suggests, we now have devolved into central powers aligning with the "information" behemoths that have effectively created a fascist state.
In general, I'd say the only functioning nation states left are EU, US, China, Russia. This is what... maybe 30-35% of the world's population? Leaving most of the world in decentralized, almost feudal state. In 1800-1900, during colonial times, the vast majority of the world was a nation state. The market share of the nation state model is shrinking & the decentralized model is expanding.

Last edited:

Arturo80

Sparrow
Orthodox

Just more public school rot.
And I don't even need to explain the hypocrisy if it were a few white girls beating the snot out of a black girl. You all know the deal.

The thing i always find quite chilling with this and the million and one other videos of mob handed blacks attacking single whites, and all piling in for headstomps, is imagine this group wielding any kind of power.

Even if this impulse is diluted from the ghetto hood rat to the local councillor or diversity hired position of authority,. I suspect It's still there deep down.

If and when SHTF truly, expect to see Haiti levels of violence, in some locations at least.

The orcs will be eating liberal whites for food, and any unfortunate non-brainwashed whites still in proximity who can't defend themselves. The hell coming to this world will make many despair beyond recovery. Steel yourself with the armor of God, but be prepared to defend your lives and those you love at the cost of another's if you do not move away. It will not be an overnight one and done, this is meant to wear out the last of us, year by year, decade by decade. Only in this corrupted earth could a disease like this fester.

iguanagreen

Chicken
Other Christian
The orcs will be eating liberal whites for food, and any unfortunate non-brainwashed whites still in proximity who can't defend themselves. The hell coming to this world will make many despair beyond recovery. Steel yourself with the armor of God, but be prepared to defend your lives and those you love at the cost of another's if you do not move away. It will not be an overnight one and done, this is meant to wear out the last of us, year by year, decade by decade. Only in this corrupted earth could a disease like this fester.
I don't think there will be any massive Russian incursions, if you read the Great Reckoning they successfully predicted the collapse of the multi ethnic USSR, when other investors were laughing at them.

Speaking of Russians, I have a good Russian friend who fled some Slavgorodsky backwater place in Ukraine, a few months ago he sent me a video of after the Russians came in, what they do is they find a local blonde to sing Viktor Tsoi's Kukushka. They do this in all the towns they enter. If you hear Kukushka, it means you just got invaded. I thought that was weird, Viktor Tsoi is the Russian Nirvana, it's stoner music Russians listen to in bars - not war balads. So I researched, Polina Gagarina did a remake of it for the movie, Battle of Sevastopol. A female voice remake, because the movie, a major hit in Russia, was about a young female who was told she'd never be anything, but she overcame all the trails & tribulations of being female to become a top battlefield sniper. The message was clear to all the young Russian women - you too can become a top battlefield sniper. I said that because I can give many other examples like this from when I went to Russia & I see a lot of false info from these superslavZ telegram channels - folks need to be careful what they believe. Russia is a multi ethnic nation state that fights for ideals like social justice, equality & women's rights (this is straight from Putin's mouth). If you don't like the US - you won't like Russia either. Russia is most definitely nothing religious.

This is the song & it's extremely popular in Russia right now -

Anways, Wars are likely to continue, but on the scale of the crusades, stuff like Operation Barbarossa is unlikely to ever happen again. Slavs are still going to slav, they'll likely lob various forms of flying explosives at each other all day long, but large scale military ground confrontation? Unlikely. But I do agree with you that protection is important, but it'd be more prudent to implement ring based personal protection measures as opposed to any type of battlefield/war stuff.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Russia is a multi ethnic nation state that fights for ideals like social justice, equality & women's rights (this is straight from Putin's mouth). If you don't like the US - you won't like Russia either. Russia is most definitely nothing religious.
Wrong.

Your categorization is incorrect, even if partially true in some circumstances. There is no coherent worldview from the people that run the US currently, while this is not true for the Russians and their history, and homeland.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
We've been saying this for years and have been wrong.

As much as I agree with some here and elsewhere, I'm an anti-sensationalist. The type that takes precautions and sees things as they are, and also the type that has been proven correct in not falling for the "despair beyond recovery".

Grigori

Banned
Other Christian
I'm pretty sure that Russian Federation troops will not be literally eating liberal whites for food, nor any unfortunate non-brainwashed whites. The soldiers are there literally for fulfilment of combat duties only. They are not going around hunting for people to kill. Of course some civilians might still get killed accidentally, as happens in all wars.

Lawrence87

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Burocracy is a huge problem. There are so many pointless managers that are distant from the actual job at hand that they just end it a self congratulatory circle jerk that continues irrespective of whether the quality of the service delivered on the ground deteriorates or not.

They have this euphemism of "making efficiencies" which means "how can we spend less money?" And they devote their time to figuring out how to do so without any idea the actual effects of their ideas because they are totally detached from the people doing the work.

They will then chastise and castigate the folks on the ground for the deterioration they have caused with their profoundly damaging efficiencies. "We've cut the workforce in half, why aren't you guys doing twice the work?"

When I think about how the streets used to be cleaned for example. Back in the day you'd have a guy who was delegated an area and his job was to go around with a barrow and make sure everything in his area was maintained and kept clean. There would have been hundreds of people employed to do this per city. These days they expect the same level of work from maybe twelve people. Needless to say it doesn't happen.

This is a major reason why despite apparent advances in technology or whatnot, things seem to be falling apart majorly.

Edit: And another part of the issue is that there is so much burocracy that there's never a single individual to blame, the decisions were always handed down by someone else

Last edited:

iguanagreen

Chicken
Other Christian
Wron

Your categorization is incorrect, even if partially true in some circumstances. There is no coherent worldview from the people that run the US currently, while this is not true for the Russians and their history, and homeland.
From my time in Russia, I'd say they're about equal or worse in terms of SJW, feminism, etc as a place like California. All nation states are, they all represent the same thing, Russia, China, US, EU, etc. The rainbow flag is the modern Bolshevik flag - they're the same thing.

I said that because I see a lot of borderline delusional stuff on here about Russia, promoted by English language slavstrongZ type accounts. Christian ethno states never have existed, nor will they ever. There never has been "a religious community". Religious authorities have historically existed as part of a feudal structure in the absence of the nationstate. The only reason peasants did what the church said, was because the church was the largest land owner & had the most fief, not because they loved/feared any deity.

Apologies for my rant, that is directed at anyone who thinks Russia is any different than the US.

Easy_C

Peacock
Someone else might know more about this general area, since I have little direct corporate experience.

I am in the process of selling something to a company. It's been two and a half years since they first contacted me.

I've just registered my details with them to be able to be paid.

It seems they have an employee whose job is simply dealing with new suppliers and clients. Registering them, getting their documents.

This is a NASDAQ company. And my experience of dealing with such companies is they are extremely slow. While with small companies tend to be quick. I do almost everything myself and I get to anything quickly.

Since I've not worked in corporates I can't say if this is something that has got worse. But no doubt it has with increased regulations and SJW infestation.

Yes. They were always extremely slow.
For a lot of them it's gotten extremely slow due to poor work ethic (see: my other story about a friend of mine who is a strategy consulting manager, and is complaining about his new hires needing to take hours long breaks to make Tik Tok videos), and work from home that amplifies these issues.

Plus they hire a lot of slow, "do the bare minimum" types (and to be fair most of these places aren't managed in a way that incentivizes employees to do otherwise).

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
From my time in Russia, I'd say they're about equal or worse in terms of SJW, feminism, etc as a place like California.

I don't see how anyone could come to this conclusion. There are certainly a lot of rootless people in Russia, who were spat out of communism into oligarchy. I have encountered some leftists types there - communist, feminist etc. It's certainly increasing with the educated tech-class, who are pretty well paid. But I've found Russians are overwhelmingly against feminism, immigration and in particular transgenders. Being an open feminist or BLM is going to get you disrespected. You'll be down with the troglodytes. I've even met vegan-hippy types who are very pro-family, against divorce. In general Eastern European politics doesn't make much sense to Westeners - Russian probably the most. I've met numerous Slavs who I thought would lean left by their appearance, but they are very far to the right.

Plus they hire a lot of slow, "do the bare minimum" types (and to be fair most of these places aren't managed in a way that incentivizes employees to do otherwise).

It seems to be a big problem. There was the leaked Veritas video of a beta-communist from Twitter who said he worked about 2 hours a week. I imagine that sort of culture has come about from lax hippy management like Jack Dorsey not being able to put his poof down and picking people who enable it up the food-chain. These are people getting paid $100-200 / hour, but with their loafing are up in the range for $1,000-4,000 / hour of actual work. It's unfathomable for me to see how this could be accepted by management. And it's a terrible mark on such people's characters that they would behave in such away in their far-left safe space companies that treat them with kid gloves. Their repayment is to treat them like blood bags. Elon seems to be quite sharp as a man-manager. Hopefully he brutally culls these demons.

I've recently hired a new guy. He's working remote and his work has gone from slow to slower. He's now working at a pace 10% of my speed on the same job. This job is measured systematically and paid by the hour. He knows I have full access to what he's does. I can't see how anyone could work like this and find it acceptable or that no one would notice. Needless to say, the guy will be gone in a few days when his payment runs out. When I first noticed his slow speed, I didn't bother to tell him. If you need to be told not to be a thief, you are a thief.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
media%2FFfXbHfNaYAIKmon.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall
View attachment 49741

Good grief, these people act as though this made-up fantasy world is actually real, so, they start referring to it as such. They really really really want to believe this. Its very sad to see otherwise serious people resort to this level of delusion. wakanda is a fictional city that never existed. There's no real technology there because this is not real.