The decline of functioning society - What's going on?

You're not alone - come early evening, when I'm sat in front of the TV, streaming a Euro-crime drama, I also wonder why I even bother to leave the house, apart from buying essentials. Certainly, on a day to day basis, my world is gone.
This is why you must get out of your house and re-connect with nature, closer to God. Start looking for a Church that isn't woke or promotes the demonic agendas. You're not the only one with one foot in the mire and one on the marble. Don't watch dramas, watch documentaries, banned ones in particular. Watch or listen to sermons. Then go find another couple of guys who also do this stuff and reach a new level of wisdom by relaying what you've learned between the group. The big picture of the jew world order is a sticking point for a couple of people I know who are more on the Alex Jones side of viewing history, but there are too many crossovers and I find it enlightening to take the coerced burden of the holobunga off of them. Everything stems from that lie in the cultural and historical sense, and everything else stems from the lie of those who turn away from God in the soulful sense. Our efforts are not in vain, but if you keep backpeddling and are unable to see a living world, then you must excise the dead from your view.

ISR92

Sparrow

Do you know any adults that still live at home with their parents? If you are like most Americans, you probably know lots of them. Sadly, that is because the percentage of young adults that are living with at least one parent has been trending upwards for decades. Of course the cost of housing is one factor that is driving this phenomenon. At one point in 2022, housing was more unaffordable than it had ever been in the entire history of our country. So the truth is that many of the multi-generational households that exist today have formed due to economic necessity.

But in other cases, “kidults” that simply refuse to grow up have moved back home with Mom and Dad because it is easier than trying to live independently.

Thanks to the “kidult” trend, approximately half of all U.S. adults in the 18 to 29-year-old age bracket are currently living with at least one parent…

So what do parents think about all of this?

Well, some like it, but even more don’t like it

Overall, the Pew survey discovered that Americans have very mixed feelings about this phenomenon…

Of course every story is different.

Some adults are living at home because they just cannot afford homes of their own.

These days, millions of young people graduate from college with massive amounts of debt, and when all of that debt forces them to go back to living with their parents they are referred to as “boomerang kids”.

If you are a young person that has been financially crippled by student loan debt, I certainly don’t blame you for trying to save money so that you can turn your life around.

Ultimately, trying to get out of debt is a really good thing.

But of course there are millions of other young adults that simply refuse to grow up.

In fact, they have become so numerous that the toy industry has created a special term for them. They are called “kidults”, and these days they are spending billions of dollars on toys

Have you ever met an adult that has a special room for all of his Star Wars collectibles?

If so, then you probably have a really good idea of the type of person that I am talking about.

“Kidults” are shelling out so much money for toys that toy companies have actually begun to create “product lines just for these consumers”

I am all for having fun.

But this is getting ridiculous.

Sadly, men are much more likely to be “kidults” than women are.

Needless to say, this is one of the reasons why many women find it so difficult to find someone suitable to marry.

The labor force participation rate for men has been trending down for decades, and meanwhile the labor force participation rate for women has been trending up for decades.

Of course the systematic emasculation of the male population is another reason why this has been happening, but that is a topic for another article.

Once upon a time, it was extremely unusual for an able-bodied male to be doing nothing if he was capable of working.

But now we have millions upon millions of men that have simply dropped out of the labor force completely.

Some of those men are now living with their parents, and that isn’t good for our society.

Unfortunately, as economic conditions deteriorate, even more young adults will move back home with Mom and Dad. According to a Wall Street Journal poll that was just released, approximately two-thirds of Americans believe that “the nation’s economic trajectory is headed in the wrong direction”…

The coming year is definitely going to be quite rough, and the outlook for beyond that is even worse.

As the economy crumbles and global events spiral out of control, we are going to need men to be men.

But a lot of the “kidults” out there simply don’t want to be men, and that is extremely unfortunate.
"Over a third of Americans (36%) say that more young adults living with their parents is bad for society, while 16% say it is good for society. Nearly half of Americans (47%) say it doesn’t make a difference."

These results are nearly as worrying as the "kidult" trend itself.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
"Over a third of Americans (36%) say that more young adults living with their parents is bad for society, while 16% say it is good for society. Nearly half of Americans (47%) say it doesn’t make a difference."

As the "dream" of retirement (which is more of a boomer entitlement idea) wanes, people will start to accept that this is the wave of the future, like it or not. In certain ways it is good since it is actually better for people emotionally and works against isolation. That is, IF they aren't at each other's throats all the time or nagging since they believe it shouldn't have happened, and the family members are an annoyance.

Iacobus

Robin
Orthodox
Multi-generational households are the norm for the vast majority of human history, the idea that the mark of a successful [single] adult is moving out of their parents' home is part of the modern scam. It drives up rental/housing prices, encourages degenerate/childish behaviors, atomizes families and gives a short shrift to both the elderly and the children.

MRBR1908

Robin
Other Christian
My take on it is this, the only time men get love really as adults is transactional and the last time they (if they were lucky) got unconditional love was when they were a child, and maybe that is part of it too. That being said, having children at home who are useless freeloaders, and having children at home that contribute, interact and are responsible in all other ways other than having their own house is two different things.

Rush87

Ostrich
Catholic

It’s largely economic. You can’t buy a place with a couple years wages anymore.

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I think we will see a lot more layoffs in 2023 ergo many of the people living at home will not just be recent college grads and struggling millennials. With the drop-off in marriage and the ballooning spinster bubble I think you will see more and more women in their 30s, 40s and 50s being forced to move home or in with friends.

I have two female family members (late 40s, early 50s) who are unmarried and living at home with their mothers. The Bible talks about living with a contentious woman but what if there are multiple women living in the home? Mother/daughter scenarios with the mother being the property owner and resenting having to support the child? In both cases they are struggling. The "children" dislike being treated as though they are still teenagers and the mothers feel as though they are being disrespected in their own homes.

I think many of these living situations will lead to more anger and resentment and regrettably do more to damage already frayed familial relationships.

Easy_C

Peacock
UPS, FedEx, and USPS all seem less reliable than before. I've had packages marked as "undeliverable" and sent back to the seller with no explanation. If a small bit of snow rolls through on your estimated delivery date, forget about it.

I've noticed this as well. I feel like USPS hit a high point in 2019 right before the pandemic. At the time I had to order most of my hobby supplies by mail which meant a decent number of small orders every month. It was almost entirely reliable in spite of being in blue state hell at the time.

Now it's not that. I've had a lot more delays and invariably the delay occurs in some blue city hub.

Holymanaspen

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
I'm 34 in January but have always been a bit less mature than my age.

I'm so tuned out of culture today- literally don't care about anything outside of me and what I'm doing.

Ironically I'm in a very peaceful, happy place. I was tormented with addiction and mental health issues in my 20s, and for the first time in over a decade I don't feel a hole in my soul.

I'm just on my spiritual path, trying to live with purpose. I desire very little in the physical realm. If I am celibate for the rest of my life, I actually wouldn't mind. I think many men will come to this conclusion in the coming years. (no it's not due to lack of opportunity).

Even the 'based' and 'redpilled' stuff on my twitter feed makes no sense to me anymore. I just don't care. It's meaningless babble, like everything else in society.

Very unique and interesting time, actually. An opportunity to detach from all that controlled and brainwashed me my whole life, and live totally at peace.

teodort

Sparrow
Orthodox

I'm so tuned out of culture today- literally don't care about anything outside of me and what I'm doing.

Ironically I'm in a very peaceful, happy place. I was tormented with addiction and mental health issues in my 20s, and for the first time in over a decade I don't feel a hole in my soul.

I'm just on my spiritual path, trying to live with purpose. I desire very little in the physical realm. If I am celibate for the rest of my life, I actually wouldn't mind. I think many men will come to this conclusion in the coming years. (no it's not due to lack of opportunity).

Even the 'based' and 'redpilled' stuff on my twitter feed makes no sense to me anymore. I just don't care. It's meaningless babble, like everything else in society.

Very unique and interesting time, actually. An opportunity to detach from all that controlled and brainwashed me my whole life, and live totally at peace.
If you are at this detached stage while still an inquirer, I can't imagine how much more alien all these stuff will seem to you if you decide to eventually enter the Church. Wish you all the best mate.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
With the drop-off in marriage and the ballooning spinster bubble I think you will see more and more women in their 30s, 40s and 50s being forced to move home or in with friends.
Yes, this is going to happen. It is part of a natural cycle of economy, though. The part that isn't historically normal is of course the intentional disregard or delay of marriage for women in their younger years.

faithlifter

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer

I have a theory...only a theory because I am a fallible man...

Imagine two roads in opposite directions. One is called Material Road...the other is called Christ Road...and this one actually is a one way road...but you can't tell at first.

When you enter Christ road...you can still look back at material road...you can see the big houses and fancy sports cars...but as you keep going down Christ road...the objects of Material road become smaller and smaller...and eventually they just look like specs of sand.

Now...as you continue down Christ road...the mirages of material road still come in your view...but slowly and eventually they are gone...now they don't make sense anymore. They are like a foreign language and you can't even read them anymore...you don't even remember that you existed. Just an analogy and how I have felt...

Akaky Akakievitch

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Multi-generational households are the norm for the vast majority of human history, the idea that the mark of a successful [single] adult is moving out of their parents' home is part of the modern scam. It drives up rental/housing prices, encourages degenerate/childish behaviors, atomizes families and gives a short shrift to both the elderly and the children.

I would tend to agree with this statement, however for some people I believe it's often better they move out, it's very dependent on circumstances. I know this from personal experience. Some parents, especially those in the UK/US etc. where these type of households are not the norm any longer, tend to mollycoddle their children and/or not allow them to contribute significantly in the household and can actually stunt their development (not always). Is that something parents and children should work on together to resolve? Perhaps yes, but often the easier solution is to move out and establish distance. If this individual goes to Church and is faithful, then they're already on the right path, although I wouldn't promote the bachelor lifestyle of course, there are many parameters to consider.

So moving away could be the preferred option sometimes, but in an ideal world, I think we should all be content living together with our families, it is much more natural that way. It's only modern technology and the convenience it provides which creates the artificial means of self-sufficiency anyway, we're far more dependent on one another than we think.

Waziristan

Pigeon
Muslim
My take on it is this, the only time men get love really as adults is transactional and the last time they (if they were lucky) got unconditional love was when they were a child, and maybe that is part of it too. That being said, having children at home who are useless freeloaders, and having children at home that contribute, interact and are responsible in all other ways other than having their own house is two different things.

What's your take on secondary education?

In the US the culture of moving out and exploring yourself starts as 18, right conveniently when you go to college.

College dorms are a scam and are very unclean with diseases such as MRSA being widespread.

MRBR1908

Robin
Other Christian
Despite having gone through school and gotten an MBA, which I might as well blow my nose with as a white man in today's world,
plus not born into connections, and so on, I do think there should be some secondary education. HOWEVER, all teachers/campuses seem inundated by woke commie marxists who indoctrinate children who's brains haven't formed fully even at that age into becoming woke commie marxists. I think more expectations of children should occur around 14 or so (and back in the day it was even earlier) when traditionally they started going into apprenticeships, and if they don't do that then start working on entry level college stuff at 15 to 16, and when they are 18 they are already at junior level and just working on their "major" courses. Maybe if they are expected to earn and they see what taxes do, and how business works they might not be so eager to vote for take take take?

At 18 moving out and exploring and coincides with exploring. I suppose if we changed the age, it would just change the age of moving out and exploring whether 16 or 20... Why does finding yourself seem to be sexuality, drugs and alcohol? All the things that parents try to keep kids from being stupid with. This is the time period so many die accidental deaths, and you know what maybe exploration needs some tempering. I don't know. it's a mess and our culture does everything it can to destroy human morality.

I can't speak to college dorms as my entire college career I worked full time and was a commuter, so I don't have that degenerate experience many have when they go to college. For me it was focus, and leave, and back to work.

I do think that many of the younger generation are coddled, but throwing them out to the wolves is not necessarily the answer. But how do we get them to respect and obey parents anymore? How does one try to keep them on a good path? It's not an answer I have to give to parents and those who have them in the future.

Easy_C

Peacock
I can't speak to college dorms as my entire college career I worked full time and was a commuter, so I don't have that degenerate experience many have when they go to college. For me it was focus, and leave, and back to work.

I do think that many of the younger generation are coddled, but throwing them out to the wolves is not necessarily the answer. But how do we get them to respect and obey parents anymore? How does one try to keep them on a good path? It's not an answer I have to give to parents and those who have them in the future.

For that one I'm a big of what A&M + NGCSU's cadet programs used to do back in the day. The more regimented lifestyle helps

Towgunner

Kingfisher
We all can sense or see that we're moving in this lowest common denominator sort of direction. As critics of "equality" and certainly "equity" we know all too well that we're in a race to the bottom. As this has had an enormous impact on people like us, namely men, I sense this is starting to affect others as well. I think about the "cool kid" female, who's got the physique, looks, and genetics. With all this emphasis on destroying "normative" "beauty standards" or "unrealistic beauty standards" and the new "fat acceptance", this erodes the street value of highly attractive women. If there are no objective standards for beauty then an ugly female or obese female or obese and ugly female has the same value as an 8-10 female.

Being a male in the West for the last several years has been very difficult. It seems as though we were being "reimagined" into some kind of abomination none of us ever asked for and certainly wanted. The impact of equalization, if you will, was most pronounced with men at first, presumably, because the male ideal was so dominant, effective, and successful. But, now I think this horrible thing is moving on to others, which shouldn't be surprising. One of the most terrible aspects of equality is the necessity to bring certain cohorts of society down to the level of others. In the case of feminism, this is done but stunting males in order for females to move up. The effect is men are relegated to a revised station in life that is beneath their capabilities...and that is inexcusable.

Women of all stripes rejoiced in this artificial intervention because they were vain and full of themselves. The worst of all of these people were very attractive females. To hear an 8-10 female lament and drone on and on about privilege and put down "patriarchy", which is nothing more than a merit system, was grating. Such people enjoy life, regardless of their wealth or status, which is impossible for most men and people to ever know. So, hearing about how she's a victim and entitled is too much. But, to demean patriarchy or, better put, merit, is most unnerving, because it makes no sense. Under, normal conditions, i.e. meritocratic, they enjoy the fullness of their 8-10 status. Today, now that radical egalitarianism is so entrenched, this faux reality is coming home.

The 8-10 female is now no better than a 1 or a zero. Sympathy comes later, for now, its important for the high-value females to understand they've been downgraded to a place they don't deserve to be in. And they need to fully appreciate the gravity of being reimagined into a lessor human.

GuitarVH

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
We all can sense or see that we're moving in this lowest common denominator sort of direction. As critics of "equality" and certainly "equity" we know all too well that we're in a race to the bottom. As this has had an enormous impact on people like us, namely men, I sense this is starting to affect others as well. I think about the "cool kid" female, who's got the physique, looks, and genetics. With all this emphasis on destroying "normative" "beauty standards" or "unrealistic beauty standards" and the new "fat acceptance", this erodes the street value of highly attractive women. If there are no objective standards for beauty then an ugly female or obese female or obese and ugly female has the same value as an 8-10 female.

Being a male in the West for the last several years has been very difficult. It seems as though we were being "reimagined" into some kind of abomination none of us ever asked for and certainly wanted. The impact of equalization, if you will, was most pronounced with men at first, presumably, because the male ideal was so dominant, effective, and successful. But, now I think this horrible thing is moving on to others, which shouldn't be surprising. One of the most terrible aspects of equality is the necessity to bring certain cohorts of society down to the level of others. In the case of feminism, this is done but stunting males in order for females to move up. The effect is men are relegated to a revised station in life that is beneath their capabilities...and that is inexcusable.

Women of all stripes rejoiced in this artificial intervention because they were vain and full of themselves. The worst of all of these people were very attractive females. To hear an 8-10 female lament and drone on and on about privilege and put down "patriarchy", which is nothing more than a merit system, was grating. Such people enjoy life, regardless of their wealth or status, which is impossible for most men and people to ever know. So, hearing about how she's a victim and entitled is too much. But, to demean patriarchy or, better put, merit, is most unnerving, because it makes no sense. Under, normal conditions, i.e. meritocratic, they enjoy the fullness of their 8-10 status. Today, now that radical egalitarianism is so entrenched, this faux reality is coming home.

The 8-10 female is now no better than a 1 or a zero. Sympathy comes later, for now, its important for the high-value females to understand they've been downgraded to a place they don't deserve to be in. And they need to fully appreciate the gravity of being reimagined into a lessor human.

It's mind boggling to read this post and know that it's accurate. It could drive one to insanity.