The decline of functioning society - What's going on?

Towgunner

Kingfisher
It's mind boggling to read this post and know that it's accurate. It could drive one to insanity.

Well, for all this wokism nonsense, people can still tell a dog from a cat. Beauty is independent of spiteful mutants and their machinations. The best thing to do for both men and women is to be their very best selves. That means, workout, look good, do well at work, be successful etc. Yes, all this equality stuff is insane, but, they can't quell this from the human spirit. It's just like truth, but, perhaps even more obvious. There's nothing these people can ever do to stop their own appreciation for symmetrical features.

For instance, I live in a very blue area, but, I still work out every single day. I know that when I walk in public people see a man who's in shape (and decent looking). This sets me apart more than ever since my peers are succumbing to the human tendency of least resistance. That only makes my stock all the higher in value. The people on tiktok saying they're satisfied with their fat selves are lying...its all projection and their way of living with themselves, which is pathetic. They'd choose to be fit and attractive in a heartbeat.

In a way, it's revenge, because, you become the thing these people are most envious and jealous of. They're literally distressed when, for instance, someone posts their weight loss success.

Perhaps we'll see a kind of solidarity emerge between the men's movement(s) and attractive females (what a match). In the sense that we can relate to each other's very bizarre experiences. Insane, yes, but, if I'm right, the cool kids are suffering.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Sadly, the only correction I can even imagine would be the introduction of sober survival realities, as what may happen when more people than you know are dying for whatever reason, even if you don't want to admit why. The only thing that could help a generation of men who are late 20s to 40s, let's say, right now, would be something like the survival reality of "purebloods" if some such thing were to happen. That's the kind of hyperspecific thing that could occur to make a new community that is sectioned off, like the Amish or whatnot. But then you still have problems of modernity like obesity and a cultural issue possibly related to age gaps. Alas, the world will rearrange and re-emerge into something, but for most posters here anything regarding family still only really exists in a healthy way in other cultures, not the west.

chestmilk

Pigeon
Protestant
I think more expectations of children should occur around 14 or so (and back in the day it was even earlier) when traditionally they started going into apprenticeships, and if they don't do that then start working on entry level college stuff at 15 to 16, and when they are 18 they are already at junior level and just working on their "major" courses. Maybe if they are expected to earn and they see what taxes do, and how business works they might not be so eager to vote for take take take?
I do think that many of the younger generation are coddled, but throwing them out to the wolves is not necessarily the answer. But how do we get them to respect and obey parents anymore? How does one try to keep them on a good path? It's not an answer I have to give to parents and those who have them in the future.

Spot on. Look at a couple hundred years ago. You had ten year old midshipmen training to be naval officers, already learning to lead the roughest men you could imagine. While this is on the extreme, we’re now on the other extreme, graduating kids that are soft, fragile, and with very little practical to offer the world. Somewhere in the middle, but more on that bygone era side, would be ideal. For example, I’m an engineer and a more ideal path would be apprenticing under an engineer right out of high scool while taking evening courses. This does a number of things:

1. Starves the indoctrination center universities / adult day care centers except only for students in fields such as medicine and law which might still require on hands on U (which the indoctrination for those would need to be fixed a different way)
2. Forces kids to mature earlier - you need to be ready for the world at 18, not 21/22. This would require a shift in parenting plus other institutions involved in raising young men. It would force a more practical view for sure. Like many of you, I’m open to the fact that modern American style of leaving the parents home after high school may not be the best way, but I do believe after high school it is time to practice a useful vocation, whether you still live with parents or not.
3. Gives kids a chance to try out fields early and see if they like it first rather than sinking a huge sum of money into school and being in massive debt before spending a day in the field

Iacobus

Robin
Orthodox
Spot on. Look at a couple hundred years ago. You had ten year old midshipmen training to be naval officers, already learning to lead the roughest men you could imagine. While this is on the extreme, we’re now on the other extreme, graduating kids that are soft, fragile, and with very little practical to offer the world. Somewhere in the middle, but more on that bygone era side, would be ideal. For example, I’m an engineer and a more ideal path would be apprenticing under an engineer right out of high scool while taking evening courses. This does a number of things:

1. Starves the indoctrination center universities / adult day care centers except only for students in fields such as medicine and law which might still require on hands on U (which the indoctrination for those would need to be fixed a different way)
2. Forces kids to mature earlier - you need to be ready for the world at 18, not 21/22. This would require a shift in parenting plus other institutions involved in raising young men. It would force a more practical view for sure. Like many of you, I’m open to the fact that modern American style of leaving the parents home after high school may not be the best way, but I do believe after high school it is time to practice a useful vocation, whether you still live with parents or not.
3. Gives kids a chance to try out fields early and see if they like it first rather than sinking a huge sum of money into school and being in massive debt before spending a day in the field

Good post, agreed, I think there is no reason for basic "high school" curriculum to go beyond 16 years old. I cringe when I think back to my education and how many hours were wasted (but I had to be *somewhere* as both my parents worked, it's almost admirable how well the modernist scam fits together). This would leave two adolescent years for being exposed to real-world skills and professions in order to identify a path that is conducive to the individual's interests, talents and circumstances. Then you can always make a change later.

A big part of the spell is society selling a huge sense of fear-of-missing-out to the youth, and secondarily even to their parents. Lots of parents don't want to deprive their kids of 'having fun' and 'exploring' and 'enjoying university' etc etc, maybe that is starting to shift a bit but the reality is they should read Roosh's article/thread about "pleasure" vs "joy" - with the right mentality & understanding you wouldn't be deprived of an ounce of joy even if you were working from a very young age, but if you're not calibrated or given the defense mechanisms against society's promises of cheap thrills then it is very difficult to resist.

Laner

Hummingbird
Protestant
Gold Member
Good post, agreed, I think there is no reason for basic "high school" curriculum to go beyond 16 years old. I cringe when I think back to my education and how many hours were wasted (but I had to be *somewhere* as both my parents worked, it's almost admirable how well the modernist scam fits together). This would leave two adolescent years for being exposed to real-world skills and professions in order to identify a path that is conducive to the individual's interests, talents and circumstances. Then you can always make a change later.

A big part of the spell is society selling a huge sense of fear-of-missing-out to the youth, and secondarily even to their parents. Lots of parents don't want to deprive their kids of 'having fun' and 'exploring' and 'enjoying university' etc etc, maybe that is starting to shift a bit but the reality is they should read Roosh's article/thread about "pleasure" vs "joy" - with the right mentality & understanding you wouldn't be deprived of an ounce of joy even if you were working from a very young age, but if you're not calibrated or given the defense mechanisms against society's promises of cheap thrills then it is very difficult to resist.

Fantastic.
The Fear of Missing Out has essentially steered Western culture for the past 40 years. We were primed and ready for social media, and when it came out, it was like a warm blanket on a cold morning.
Children should be taught about delayed gratification as much as possible. Even in the smallest tasks it can lead them down a path of process. By the time they are teenagers, there will be so many competing interests that following through on things will be a challenge for a good portion of teens. So much of child rearing is preparation for the teenage years when they go through explosive growth.

grenade001

Woodpecker
Catholic
Well, for all this wokism nonsense, people can still tell a dog from a cat. Beauty is independent of spiteful mutants and their machinations. The best thing to do for both men and women is to be their very best selves. That means, workout, look good, do well at work, be successful etc. Yes, all this equality stuff is insane, but, they can't quell this from the human spirit. It's just like truth, but, perhaps even more obvious. There's nothing these people can ever do to stop their own appreciation for symmetrical features.

For instance, I live in a very blue area, but, I still work out every single day. I know that when I walk in public people see a man who's in shape (and decent looking). This sets me apart more than ever since my peers are succumbing to the human tendency of least resistance. That only makes my stock all the higher in value. The people on tiktok saying they're satisfied with their fat selves are lying...its all projection and their way of living with themselves, which is pathetic. They'd choose to be fit and attractive in a heartbeat.

In a way, it's revenge, because, you become the thing these people are most envious and jealous of. They're literally distressed when, for instance, someone posts their weight loss success.

Perhaps we'll see a kind of solidarity emerge between the men's movement(s) and attractive females (what a match). In the sense that we can relate to each other's very bizarre experiences. Insane, yes, but, if I'm right, the cool kids are suffering.

The truisms about "spiteful mutants" are the most accurate way to describe their worldview, and 99% of high value men and women rightfully denounce the spiteful mutants' worldview in their deeds.

"Gamer girls" were never the 8s or 9s among their age cohort, they were merely 6s who benefitted from the inherent scarcity of other females in an otherwise male dominated space.

A true high quality female holds their value regardless of the environment, and 95% of guys can readily agree on the assessment. No amount of social engineering would alter the true assessment of their value.

Assortative mating is as true a concept now, as it has been throughout the history of mankind. Anyone seeking to usurp this is playing a fools game.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
The truisms about "spiteful mutants" are the most accurate way to describe their worldview, and 99% of high value men and women rightfully denounce the spiteful mutants' worldview in their deeds.

"Gamer girls" were never the 8s or 9s among their age cohort, they were merely 6s who benefitted from the inherent scarcity of other females in an otherwise male dominated space.

A true high quality female holds their value regardless of the environment, and 95% of guys can readily agree on the assessment. No amount of social engineering would alter the true assessment of their value.

Assortative mating is as true a concept now, as it has been throughout the history of mankind. Anyone seeking to usurp this is playing a fools game.

Agreed. As said in my post above, "there's nothing these people can do to stop their own appreciation for symmetrical features". We all know beauty when we see it.

One of the more grating and disgusting manifestations of the spiteful mutant is their thinly veiled intentions, which amount to the ordinary temptations we all know all too well, such as pride, but apropos, lust. Of course, they disguise these intentions with all of their feel-good platitudes, such as, "denying my humanity" and so on. These people ultimately push a misleading, dishonest, and utterly pathetic survival-mating strategy. Notice how it all comes to these people seeking intercourse...with everyone. Soon after "trans" was imposed on us, there were calls for men to sleep with them and for lesbians to sleep with men (pretending to be women). With fat acceptance, there have been similar calls for normal people to sleep with obese people. Just the other day the ny times said we should have sex with short people. No offense to shorter folks, but, I can't help but see the dysgenic direction here.

This gets under my skin, because, sex isn't blase or "free" as the left wants to believe, but, rather a significant act, that we must respect and honor. People want to procreate with the best, we see that with hypergamy, for sure, but men are the same. Women may go for the Chad but we go for the 20-something later on. Its how we truly progress. There was a study that predicts a person's political affliction based entirely on their ability to discern (or not discern) disgusting and repulsive things. The left has NO such filter. Surprise-surprise. That makes perfect sense to me.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant

I believe Edward Dutton came up with the term "spiteful mutant" in reference to all the weird/weak people who lived to be adults in the west, completely based on modern medicine and would have normally died as children before modern medicine.

If you listen to Edward Dutton, then you will be very informed on this topic. Edward goes very deep into genetics, way beyond just racial, but down to different tribes within the same ethnicity. He sums it all up nicely with this term and these very weird/weak people who are destroying the west.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
8a678a894e95cfb0.jpeg

My experience of working is that there are about 10% of people who are good workers, the other people not really. And that there's maybe around 1% of people who can just get things done, having a number of traits like work ethic, motivation, ability to carry out one thing, observation, ability to read how things relate to one another, not procrastinating, compromising base on resources, etc.

My guess is that much of that 1% has gravitated online - crypto, affiliates, SaS, advertising etc. These people are, of course, almost all men. The corporate environment is specifically hostile to them and comes with a lot of downsides. It's an uncomfortable environment. I suspect that by 2030 it will be obvious there is endemic decline built-in to the corporate world in the US. In the same way we see the complete ownership of universities by the left has driven the prices through the roof, filled them with fat administrators and "underpaid" assistant profs, churning out useless degrees, taking on people who aren't smart enough for higher education etc.

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Factory in the military industrial complex I work for has about 100 people, probably 70% are long-termers with something to lose and the rest are the ever-replenished, high-turnover, entry-level newbies. We got bought up by a larger group whose CEO came out to give us a quick power point on joining the family, lol.

"Some small things will change, but nothing that important, and most things will get better, like you'll have a few more paid holidays."

Later in the day there's some papers that include a blurb about a 20 hour bonus. "Wow, that's cool. Didn't expect that."

Weeks later, no bonus and no explanation. So I guess this was just a manager's trick, a spoonful of sugar to help the take-over go down smoothly. Totally unnecessary, but that's globohomo for you.

Easy_C

Peacock
The 8-10 female is now no better than a 1 or a zero. Sympathy comes later, for now, its important for the high-value females to understand they've been downgraded to a place they don't deserve to be in. And they need to fully appreciate the gravity of being reimagined into a lessor human.

Except they're not actually. So we have this weird dichotomy where everyone pretends the lady who causes the ground to shake as she approaches is just fine, but they don't ACTUALLY find her attractive and give preference to women who fit into whatever conventionally attractive type is that guy's type.

It's one of many splits between dogma and reality that adds up to drive people insane.

berserker2001

Robin
Protestant
I think more expectations of children should occur around 14 or so (and back in the day it was even earlier) when traditionally they started going into apprenticeships, and if they don't do that then start working on entry level college stuff at 15 to 16, and when they are 18 they are already at junior level and just working on their "major" courses. Maybe if they are expected to earn and they see what taxes do, and how business works they might not be so eager to vote for take take take?
Right the outdated institutionalized, factory-model of schooling which came from Germany into the US in the early 1900's fails in that it is a one-size-fits-all approach to children who have myriad personalities and backgrounds. It is well documented that this system will discriminate against even the most talented students (as well as the special needs students), potentially put them at disadvantage starting their careers (which gets even worse in college when students are expected to parrot the rainbow flag, ESG, climate change etc. leftist talking points).

One great example of a loophole which parents can help their children exploit is to have them drop out and get their GED at 16. Not only is it basically the same equivalency on a job application as a HS diploma, but with a GED you can go to community college at 16, which is far cheaper and similar quality to gen-ed's at a university. It is also far easier to get into a bachelor's program at a good 4 year school with an associate's degree and good GPA (and get scholarships), than a highschool diploma and good GPA which universities don't respect as much. This is the exact route I took (by mistake, mind you, but still), and I had my A.S. at 18 when all my friends just had a HS diploma.

Just one example of how you can think outside the box if you have a kid who doesn't fit into this mind-numbing, robotic academic system we've concocted. And I ended up getting a M.S. in Data Science and then not using it because I make much more flipping houses than the corporate world. Go figure, just gotta follow your nose and ignore conventional wisdom... I wonder how many Millenial adults look at college as their biggest regret? Probably would be mine. I should have just became an HVAC guy

Holymanaspen

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
If you are at this detached stage while still an inquirer, I can't imagine how much more alien all these stuff will seem to you if you decide to eventually enter the Church. Wish you all the best mate.
Well, tonight I just came to a realization. I think I am an Orthodox Christian now.

I've been having huge internal struggles for over 2 weeks now- something was gnawing at me. Barely slept, had no passion to leave the house. Activities that I enjoyed only a couple of months ago- lifting weights, saving money for holiday, trying to find a 'committed relationship' etc....just started becoming extremely meaningless to me.

Tonight I said to myself "you've almost lost the will to live".

I've been reading a bunch of spiritual texts recently- non-Christian- but they weren't helping. I was still possessed by rage at a lot of things going on today- the state of people/women, the ultra-materialism, even the betrayals within my extended family.

I've been bunkering myself away because I thought it would hide me from Satan. But in that state, my mind itself is possessed by Satan.

Only a connection to God, and not living for this world anymore, will keep me alive.

Just been reading the 'Edifying quotes from Orthodox saints and elders' thread, and I feel relief for the first time in weeks. I feel I could live still live in this world if I take this path.

I've been searching for a faith for the past 7 years- I've looked at many- but was always too juvenile and avoidant to choose one.

I think that time has come for me. The situation in the world and, more importantly, within myself, has reached that point where my life depends on it.

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Well, tonight I just came to a realization. I think I am an Orthodox Christian now.

I've been having huge internal struggles for over 2 weeks now- something was gnawing at me. Barely slept, had no passion to leave the house. Activities that I enjoyed only a couple of months ago- lifting weights, saving money for holiday, trying to find a 'committed relationship etc....just started becoming extremely meaningless to me.

Tonight I said to myself "you've almost lost the will to live".

I've been reading a bunch of spiritual texts recently- non-Christian- but they weren't helping. I was still possessed by rage at a lot of things going on today- the state of people/women, the ultra-materialism, even the betrayals within my extended family.

I've been bunkering myself away because I thought it would hide me from Satan. But in that state, my mind itself is possessed by Satan.

Only a connection to God, and not living for this world anymore, will keep me alive.

Just been reading the 'Edifying quotes from Orthodox saints and elders' thread, and I feel relief for the first time in weeks. I feel I could live still live in this world if I take this path.

I've been searching for a faith for the past 7 years- I've looked at many- but was always too juvenile and avoidant to choose one.

I think that time has come for me. The situation in the world and, more importantly, within myself, has reached that point where my life depends on it.
Do you know any Orthodox Christians with whom you can talk?

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Is there an Orthodox Christian church near you? Use this web site to find them in North America because there are places calling themselves Orthodox, but who are not.

ivalyosha

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
No. I'm from a very secular background. Most people I've ever known in my life- family, school, Uni, work- have all been very non-religious
You sound like me. I suggest devouring as many Orthodox books as possible and start looking into churches near you. Check out a Divine Liturgy for even a few minutes if you can. If you like it, stay longer next time.

Book recs: The Orthodox Way by Kallistos Ware, Beginning to Pray by Anthony Bloom, and The Longer Catechism of the Eastern Orthodox Church by Philaret of Moscow.

For fiction books with an Orthodox ethos, The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky and Laurus by Vodolazkin.

Holymanaspen

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Is there an Orthodox Christian church near you? Use this web site to find them in North America because there are places calling themselves Orthodox, but who are not.

I'm in Australia

Yes in my city there are a number of Orthodox churches, I looked it up a couple of years ago.

Not sure which one to go to as my racial makeup is....confusing. My parents are from a country where we look nothing like the people (and I mean nothing), and have ancestry from another country. I would fit in with those other people better, but I have no connection to their culture/language etc.

Holymanaspen

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
You sound like me. I suggest devouring as many Orthodox books as possible and start looking into churches near you. Check out a Divine Liturgy for even a few minutes if you can. If you like it, stay longer next time.

Book recs: The Orthodox Way by Kallistos Ware, Beginning to Pray by Anthony Bloom, and The Longer Catechism of the Eastern Orthodox Church by Philaret of Moscow.

For fiction books with an Orthodox ethos, The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky and Laurus by Vodolazkin.
This is exactly what I'll do. I want to read as much as possible. I will start looking at churches in my city.
Thanks for the recommendations, I will try to get them.