The decline of functioning society - What's going on?

ivalyosha

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
I'm in Australia

Yes in my city there are a number of Orthodox churches, I looked it up a couple of years ago.

Not sure which one to go to as my racial makeup is....confusing. My parents are from a country where we look nothing like the people (and I mean nothing), and have ancestry from another country. I would fit in with those other people better, but I have no connection to their culture/language etc.
Don’t worry about your racial background at all.

Visit the churches in your area to get a sense of the vibe. Some will feel like ethnic social clubs (many Greek churches can be like this but not all) but others will be very welcoming and probably have some converts from other backgrounds.

Some online research can help too. When I was looking for a church, some of their websites weren’t even available in the local language of where I live. Big red flag as being too ethnic focused. Online reviews can also be helpful. People wrote reviews of my church explicitly mentioning several nationalities attend services including local converts.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
View attachment 53011

My experience of working is that there are about 10% of people who are good workers, the other people not really. And that there's maybe around 1% of people who can just get things done, having a number of traits like work ethic, motivation, ability to carry out one thing, observation, ability to read how things relate to one another, not procrastinating, compromising base on resources, etc.

My guess is that much of that 1% has gravitated online - crypto, affiliates, SaS, advertising etc. These people are, of course, almost all men. The corporate environment is specifically hostile to them and comes with a lot of downsides. It's an uncomfortable environment. I suspect that by 2030 it will be obvious there is endemic decline built-in to the corporate world in the US. In the same way we see the complete ownership of universities by the left has driven the prices through the roof, filled them with fat administrators and "underpaid" assistant profs, churning out useless degrees, taking on people who aren't smart enough for higher education etc.

Your comments are certainly true under any circumstances its the 80/20 rule or as you've observed it 90/10. That said, something else is going on today. I very much agree with the tweet above. This is due to diversity and affirmative action.

Laner

Hummingbird
Protestant
Gold Member
View attachment 53011

My experience of working is that there are about 10% of people who are good workers, the other people not really. And that there's maybe around 1% of people who can just get things done, having a number of traits like work ethic, motivation, ability to carry out one thing, observation, ability to read how things relate to one another, not procrastinating, compromising base on resources, etc.

My guess is that much of that 1% has gravitated online - crypto, affiliates, SaS, advertising etc. These people are, of course, almost all men. The corporate environment is specifically hostile to them and comes with a lot of downsides. It's an uncomfortable environment. I suspect that by 2030 it will be obvious there is endemic decline built-in to the corporate world in the US. In the same way we see the complete ownership of universities by the left has driven the prices through the roof, filled them with fat administrators and "underpaid" assistant profs, churning out useless degrees, taking on people who aren't smart enough for higher education etc.

This is what I see taking shape as well. I live pretty much in the downtown of a big liberal shithole on the west coast. I no longer see the chad's in their sharp suits and pleasant smiles walking to work. I mostly notice attractive women in pencil skirts staring into their phones as they shuffle off to work. The office culture has been trying to make a comeback, but I would be willing to bet the hold outs are going to be 1) What you mentioned in regards to men not feeling comfortable in the office, and 2) Women who are not cut out for office culture but were sold into the career and now just want to sit at home in her jammies and snack and peck at a keyboard all day.

In the early part of covid, a friend of mine who runs the marketing dept for a big video game company, told me that the company sent almost everyone to work from home. Then the key people used the office. He said it was like going back to the early 2000's again. No HR (women) and the guys who kept the company running could just focus on that instead of the minefield of having HR deal with some problematic autist who happened to tell a girl all about Orange Pekoe tea in an awkward conversation.

Mr Freedom

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
I can see corporate offices in the big cities go down the Elon Musk route & fire all the worthless woke diversity hires & feminists with their sleeping rooms & 2 hour latte breaks & replace them with Asians.

Unfortunatley due to diversity rules they cant replace such people with competent straight white men but I guess thats the only way to circumvent these workplace rules in order to bring back actual competency & business growth. However seeing the woke crowd take L's upon L's will be pretty funny though.

It was bound to happen. 21st century woke policies are causing corporations to lose alot of money & effeciency. The economy is not getting better & the fat will have to be trimmed down eventually.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
All of this makes shorting the market that much more obvious, as I've stated in other threads, especially when you realize that the Fed now realizes that inflation is worse than they thought and/or they can't actually do anything about it, just try really hard. Trying that hard is a guarantee that they will crush everything else to get that one job done. Especially equities markets and the wealth effect that is so troublesome for them. This has been a bizarre moment of stupid contrarianism and fighting the FED, just the other way.

Holymanaspen

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Well, tonight I just came to a realization. I think I am an Orthodox Christian now.

I've been having huge internal struggles for over 2 weeks now- something was gnawing at me. Barely slept, had no passion to leave the house. Activities that I enjoyed only a couple of months ago- lifting weights, saving money for holiday, trying to find a 'committed relationship' etc....just started becoming extremely meaningless to me.

Tonight I said to myself "you've almost lost the will to live".

I've been reading a bunch of spiritual texts recently- non-Christian- but they weren't helping. I was still possessed by rage at a lot of things going on today- the state of people/women, the ultra-materialism, even the betrayals within my extended family.

I've been bunkering myself away because I thought it would hide me from Satan. But in that state, my mind itself is possessed by Satan.

Only a connection to God, and not living for this world anymore, will keep me alive.

Just been reading the 'Edifying quotes from Orthodox saints and elders' thread, and I feel relief for the first time in weeks. I feel I could live still live in this world if I take this path.

I've been searching for a faith for the past 7 years- I've looked at many- but was always too juvenile and avoidant to choose one.

I think that time has come for me. The situation in the world and, more importantly, within myself, has reached that point where my life depends on it.
Hi guys, just wanted to share something that happened today, for anyone who saw my post last night.

Well, firstly, I woke up and prayed before work. It was very natural and instinctive- I just didn't want to get lost in the tasks and obligations of my job, get stressed about them and lose myself in the world. I listened to an Orthodox speech in my car on the way to work.

After work, a weird thing happened. I remember getting my hair cut randomly at a place near work about 6 weeks ago. It was by a Persian/Spanish woman at a little stall in the mall nearby. I hadn't been thinking about getting my hair cut, but today I noticed my hair was a bit fluffy and unkempt, so I thought "why not get it done".

I go there and she has a few customers waiting- she says "I have to have a meal after this, can you come back in 30 mins". While she said this she looked into my eyes and seemed to be staring intently. She's in her 50s by the way.

I go mess around for 30 minutes and come back. She's still with a client but tells me to sit. I sit and, after a while of getting restless, I read the 'Edifying quotes' thread from the Orthodox section. I felt calm. During the haircut she looks over at me a few times, very noticeably.

When it's my turn to sit in the chair, the first thing she says when I sit down is "Are you from the Church nearby?"

I'm not kidding. I say "sorry?" She just says "I thought you were from the Church." We go onto discuss God and Christianity for the whole haircut. She said I had "peace in my eyes" and she thought "this is a man of God". She is a Christian who goes to a non-Orthodox Church nearby. I told her about my great inner struggle the past few weeks, and my basically becoming an Orthodox Christian last night.

Funny thing is that 6 weeks ago when she first cut my hair, we didn't discuss anything like this- only commonplace things.

As I left she clasped her hands and said 'God bless you'. I clasped my hands as well, with all the shop-goers around us.

I've already told my sister of my path. There's so much to do- reading, finding a church- I feel overwhelmed but in a good way.

I'm sorry to hijack the last page with my story but I just wanted to share that.

Thanks to those who PM'd me, I will reply when I have a moment free!

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
A little peak behind the curtain of the decline of a functioning society.

media%2FFluntieXECgl_V9.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

It's resentment again.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
A little peak behind the curtain of the decline of a functioning society.

media%2FFluntieXECgl_V9.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

It's resentment again.
Let's have some banter and dissect this.

''Misogynyst'' comes from Misos and Güne, or in other words, Greek terms for Hate and Women. If you extrapolate this you see 2 perspectives:

- 1. The first perspective is the mainstream perspective, that wants to turn women into men, by making them have masculine traits such as dominance, aggression, competitiveness, go getter, assertiveness, while putting them on a masculine life path, with education and career. What has this achieved? Women's happiness has gone down precipitously since the 70s. Especially, we see a dip since 2012, the advent of social media. The least happy demographics? Professional women, who followed the programming and the masculine lifepath, without families, having professional careers. 20 to 25% (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) of US women is on antidepressants. Women's happiness comes from people: serving a family and a man they love, admire and respect. That's been all taken away from them, so misery is what remains, with the typical Netflix nihilism, whine addictions, antidepressants, pets etc. There's no typical female lifecycle involved with kids, taking care of them, following their lifepath, being taken care of when you're old, all the appreciation, love and respect that comes with it.

- 2. The second perspective is let's simply say, that of in this example Peterson and Tate, let's summarize that as the traditional view on female - male relationships. In this perspective a woman marries in her early 20s with a man a few years older than her, she gets children, the is fully in her feminine energy and can truly be who she is, as the man takes all the responsibility for her and her children, and the authority that comes with it. And the latter is very important, for women long for especially 1 thing in men first and foremost: leadership! He has to be a leader. A general who has the responsibility and authority over his troops (his family) to guide them succesfully through battle. A trainer who trains them to be the best athletes they can be. In this situation the woman gets what she wants: a man she can look up to, children and family to take care of, she can be who she is namely fully feminine, all the stress of the world is taken away for the man takes the responsibility and leadership aka authority, and she is appreciated by the people alongside her, going through a normal female life, namely getting children, then taking care of them, then taking care of the grandchildren, and her old parents, and so on.

In our clown world, scenario 2 is deemed HATING WOMEN, while scenario 1 is PRO WOMEN. Is there anyone after reading these 2 scenarios who can still not see that this is the number one Satanic inversion that has been ever made in history? It's truly a perspective level of inversion that Satan pulled off through all the -isms he invented.

Let's continue.

So Peterson and Tate are ''unhappy'' people. Here first of all we see the secular myth of happiness: everything is about happiness! And what is this happiness? It's a childish, inane, giddy, feeling like you're an 8 year old for your entire life. Everything to escape the fact that you're now an adult with responsibilities who faces a top to bottom difficult, challenging, competitive, often unreasable and unfair world where pain, misery, malintention, suffering, things not going your way, life questions, among other things, are common place. As Peterson said, and he truly hit the nail on its head there, life is malevolence and suffering. Pretty good summing up of the world.

So we can say Peterson and Tate acknowledge these facts about the world, and warn against perceiving the main goal in life as to being ''happy'' which once again is an extremely childish, feminine, new age perspective on how to view the world. Especially for men, you're supposed to face the world head on and take all the storms that will inevitably come your way. As a child or woman you can get a pass to some extent, but even then, the meaning of life and the realities of this world are 1000 fold heavier and more serious as outlined.

Now Peterson and Tate, who don't even acknowledge ''happiness'', are the unhappy people. But what do we see in reality? The people on the side of the writer, the -ism-ists, who want to destroy everything, they are utterly miserable to the bone, which is evidently clear from their actions, their literal hate against everything of the traditional old order, their breakdowns, their triggering. They live in a perpetual state of confusion, self hate, hate of the world, total lack of knowledge and understanding and insight about why they're here and how the world works, and they hopelessly try to gain some stability by aligning themselves with the -isms of today, so they can feel some sense of meaning and belonging, which obviously is merely short termed, followed by the need of a new hit of consumerism, entertainment, demonstrating, protesting against whatever, writing new Twitter messages to get that hit of dopamine and energy, and so it continues.

So bottom line THEY are unhappy, not Tate and Peterson.

Next point, it is a dead end ideology. As outlined, if anything is a dead end ideology it is the mainstream ideology. At least Tate and Peterson are on their quest looking for truth, and are touching the final Truth sphere, namely the religious sphere. Once they truly hit that, the path towards traditionalism by no means is a dead end way. Saying that ''even if you get everything you want you'll remain bitter, insecure and hateful'' depends on what that everything you want is, eventually finding truth in God shouldn't leave you with any of these traits, while they're inevitable to have in the mainstream paradigm. Also I've literally never heard Peterson and Tate speak anything that resembles being ''bitter'', that's just a complete joke and false statement, furthermore ''being insecure'' that's a typical feminine shaming tactic to make you cower as women try to psychologically shame you or guilt you into doing what they want since they don't have the capability of physical, masculine violence. Once again total nonsense statement. And lastly, I think we've addressed the ''hate'', I've never heard Peterson nor Tate speak ''hateful'' things, but surely they're critical on the mainstream system, but as addressed we know who the real people with abundant hate are, and it's not the traditional side.

Bottom line of all this stuff is that the mainstream normies, who vehemently try to destroy everything in order to gain to the happiness that they've been promised at the end of the rainbow, have a worldview that is so easily dissected, assaulted and broken, that it's truly a laughing stock, and tremendously sad at the same time. These people cannot write literally 3 sentences without giving enough ammunition to write an essay about the inconsistencies and delusion in their world view.

Time for a beer :).

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Earlier this week, there was a computer malfunction at the FAA, which grounded all flights in the US. Expect to see more of this going forward. Airline pilots and air traffic controllers are prestigious careers. These people are generally held in high regard in society. The image of an airline pilot, tall, brave, skilled, and dashing (and male) means social engineer bean counters will be all over them. Can't have a confident male strutting down long airport corridors being admired by young boys and fawning women. As such, United Airlines declares henceforth half of all their new pilots must be female and "diverse". I saw a similar report recently with the typical headline "air traffic controllers are too white and male". And so, arbitrary action must be taken in order to equalize these professions.

Translation: don't hire for competency but only for attributes like race and sex...and all the rest. Flying has been pretty much perfected over the last 100 years and, yes, commercial planes pretty much fly themselves, but, competency and cool-headedness are vital whenever something goes wrong. After all, planes fly at >600 MPH at 30,000 feet in the air. Hundreds of lives depend on these pilots and controllers. You'd think merit and competency would reign supreme here, but no. And, we shouldn't be surprised, since, the same thing happened in medicine. Just like with ATC controllers, the title "doctor" demands respect, especially when it's dropped at a nightclub. And if it gets admiration in a nightclub then it's got to be equalized, after all, we must ensure all hedonistic females getting ready to do drugs and engage in promiscuous activities show up with impeccable professional credentials so they can look down on everyone else (particularly men).

If medicine, being perhaps the most obvious of all professions to maintain a commitment to merit and competency, can be "reimagined" into embracing equity and inclusion, both anti-merit forces, then no profession however critical to life or safety is safe from this.

Months ago I wrote a post discussing the various vectors of decline and catastrophe facing the US and The West. One such vector was entropy. The nature of entropic suggests it will unfold in a sort of slow and steady manner. I contend our situation is different. Entropy as we are seeing it is caused by the elimination of merit in favor of equity and inclusion. This isn't the same thing as neglecting a building. Instead, it's more like this - an incompetent airline pilot is facing multiple system failures at cruising altitude mid-way across the Atlantic with hundreds of souls onboard. As we "diversify" our labor force, with a keen eye on the most prestigious professions, we should expect to see more and more dysfunction. In short the buses, trains and planes are going to start to see regular disruption. As we saw earlier this week, this is starting to happen.

Kurchatov

Pigeon
Orthodox
As far as education is concerned, here are some that, at least as far as I know, there are almost no normal parents and in general a person with healthy values who likes them and wants to entrust their child to them.
Among their "solutions to transform education": Greening Education to get every learner climate-ready; Connecting every child and young person to digital solutions; Advancing gender equality and girls’ and women’s empowerment, which sounds to me like "for every child - a personal digital assistant with artificial intelligence that takes into account their climate behavior, including their personal carbon footprint, and monitors their correct attitude to transgenderism".

So, I suppose that no sane, thinking, and even more so for a believing person, likes them, and I know for sure about some such Russians who have also a "Commissioner for the protection of the traditional family"to their organizations. One publication from russian alternative press from October, last year (I put it in a quote to save on the length, and the clip - separately, after the publication). They had very serious hopes and believed that they would break with the rotten globalist organizations, but, as so often happened to them after the events in Ukraine, their hopes were systematically undermined by reality.
13 October 2022
“While our soldiers are shedding blood in the war with the collective West on the territory of the former USSR, fighting with Ukronazist soldiers who have been brainwashed for 20 years with the money of Soros and other “partners”, writing history textbooks to them, introducing them to “universal values”, organizing pederast parades and carrying out anti-family laws that reduce the population (strictly within the framework of the UN SDGs), the Minister of Education of the Russian Federation Sergey Kravtsov offers to actively cooperate with these guys and adopt their experience.

He compliments the organizers of the UN/UNESCO summit “Transformation of Education” and undertakes to follow their agenda.

Do we need such a minister in the midst of a war of annihilation against Russia, when the majority of public figures and patriot experts are just calling to get out of the structure of the globalists – UNESCO, which molests children with its sex education manuals? Do we need a course for a permanent transformation of education within the framework of the SDGs, which is followed by the Ministry of Education? This is, of course, a rhetorical question.

The UN Global Summit on the Transformation of Education is a permanent event that will be held, apparently, until all schools and universities of the world become part of the global “digital ecosystem” (according to the report of Pavel Luksha, a foresight specialist from Skolkovo). And “our” Minister of Education this summer, in the midst of the war, addressed the UN with another welcoming speech – an assurance of friendship and partnership, where he broadcast about the importance of teaching children to work with the digital sphere and not only. We emphasize that the appeal was to the structure, the Secretary General of which officially considers Russia the aggressor in the conflict in Ukraine, the only guilty party. At the initiative of the UN leadership, a summit was going to be held at which Russia was trying to pacify, force “stop aggression” and legalize sanctions against our country.

Sergey Kravtsov, Minister of Education of Russia:

“We once again reaffirm our commitment to the long-term goals of sustainable development in education, youth education, child support … loyalty to the principles set out in key UN documents. The Russian education system has always been and remains focused on universal values.

No matter how strong a foundation education and society itself are built on, modern problems put us in front of the need to change. We need to think about what needs to be done to make the child feel confident in a world saturated with information. Of course, technology opens up new horizons for us. For many children around the world, the digital environment is becoming almost the only opportunity to gain access to high-quality knowledge. We have experience in using digital technologies in education, school management, and additional education, and we are ready to share it.

In the conditions of international tension, I think it is important to say that the school should instill respect for other peoples, their traditions and languages. I propose to discuss the introduction of such courses in our schools.

Dear friends, I would like to note that Russian education is changing at a faster pace, relying on the best world practices and traditions of Russian teachers, we are achieving high results. And of course, we are always open to cooperation. We believe that education should remain outside politics, that only in constant, close cooperation is it possible to move forward”

Here it remains only to clarify – on behalf of whom Kravtsov speaks when he declares “we believe that education should be outside politics.” On behalf of parents, active citizens of Russia who demand withdrawal from UNESCO, whose activities are aimed at the collapse of traditional national education? Against the background of a special military operation, taking into account the geopolitical situation, it looks like outright work for the enemy. And how else to understand the fact that education, according to Kravtsov, should not educate children taking into account the current political realities?

It should be noted that the UN “Sustainable Development Goals”, to which Kravtsov swears allegiance, provide for the upbringing of children in the spirit of “global citizenship” and “gender equality”. The UN General Assembly resolution “Transforming our World: the Agenda for Sustainable Development” for the period up to 2030 prescribes:

– “by 2030, ensure that all students acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to promote sustainable development, including through education on sustainable development and sustainable lifestyle, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, world citizenship and awareness of the value of cultural diversity and the contribution of culture to sustainable development”,

– “we are committed to promoting intercultural understanding, tolerance, mutual respect and ethics of global citizenship and shared responsibility.”

Those who studied the topic are well aware that “sustainable development” – this expression migrated to the UN agenda from the report of the Club of Rome (founded by J. Rockefeller) “Limits of growth”. To put it quite simply, its principle is “fewer people – more oxygen”, as well as the complete destruction of hydrocarbon energy and related industry. And that’s when the world will become very “stable”. Actually, according to recent amendments to the Constitution, we have only two sexes, there are no “genders” there. And the National Security Strategy does not have such a goal as teaching “global citizenship”, but on the contrary, the emphasis is on preserving one’s culture and values.

It is very characteristic that Kravtsov’s speech cannot be found in the news or on the website of the Ministry of Education – it is posted only on the YouTube channel “National Commission for UNESCO”. After all, UNESCO is at the origin of the Incheon Declaration on Education (written jointly with the World Bank), according to which it is enough to teach the people of the planet to count and write, and it is also necessary to digitize. It is UNESCO that promotes the disgusting “gender” homosexuality among children and participates in the development of methods for molesting children from birth (together with WHO, see the analysis of such UNESCO homophobia for the youngest from 2018 on the our website).

Back in March 2022, immediately after the start of the SWO, the Vice-speaker of the State Duma, Pyotr Tolstoy, rightly spoke about the need for Russia to withdraw from UNESCO, but a month later, in the official documents of the Ministry of Education, we again found plans for Kravtsov and Co to interact with this structure. Now it is already obvious that the Ministry of Education not only does not want to turn towards the sovereignty and national security of the country, but openly works for our enemies, who are fighting against Russia right now.

By the way, let us note that despite the spread out in front of the “partners”-globalists, there were no speakers from Russia in the program of the UN/UNESCO summit on the transformation of education in New York (September 17-19, 2022). But what “wonderful” topics were promoted by the globalists at this event: “Passport of learning: a digital future for every child. An equal approach to digital transformation: How Microsoft, UNICEF and governments work together to ensure that children and young people are ready for a digital future.”

Naturally, here we are talking about the introduction of a digital portfolio – an electronic passport of a schoolar, for which the corresponding dossier will be constantly maintained and without which it will be impossible to move up the educational ladder. This is a complete analogue of covid passports or “immune passports” of vaccinated people, which have been successfully implemented in the EU and many other countries – it is important for digitizers of people to enter from key social spheres… But we want a bright, healthy and real future for children, not a digital one… Isn’t that right, Mr. Kravtsov?

All concerned citizens can ask “our” Minister of Education why, in the conditions of a hot and information war with the collective West, he swears allegiance to the key structure of our enemies (UNESCO), and also demand that Russia withdraw from this organization. And actually – the leadership of the department, which does not correspond to the realities of our time, it’s high time to resign!”

(with English subtitles) Kravtsov – serious, concerned and despondent, at 1: 13 min.:
Most recently, the pandemic has changed the routine of our life, along with our education

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Society will not improve, until cycles of abuse are put to an end...

Voxday :

Pedos on the Police Force

Someone call Jordan Peterson! The Metropolitan Police need him to explain how any suggestion that the authorities are engaged in systematic child abuse and sex trafficking are just baseless conspiracy theories indicative of psychological imbalances. Again.
An investigation into a suspected paedophile ring within London’s Metropolitan Police force has taken a dark turn, with one of the suspects found dead the day he was due to be charged.
Chief Inspector Richard Watkinson was supposed to present himself at a police station to be charged with conspiracy to distribute or show indecent images of children, making indecent photos of a child, misconduct in public office, and voyeurism the day he was found dead in his home, The Telegraph reports.
“Chief Inspector Watkinson was facing extremely serious and concerning charges, as the result of a painstaking and thorough police investigation,” explained Commander Jon Savell, described as “Head of Profession” at the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards.
“Before this matter came to light, we had no previous information about these allegations or to indicate the officer posed any risk to the public,” Commander Savell claimed.
“He had not faced any other criminal or conduct matters during his Met career. He had been suspended from duty since his arrest,” he said, adding: “Two other men were also arrested during the course of the investigation and have been charged, their matters will now progress through the courts.”
These men, a 63-year-old former Metropolitan Police firearms officer now based in Scotland, named as Jack Addis, and a 62-year-old former Metropolitan Police officer, named as Jeremy Laxton, are due to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court on February 9th, which will almost certainly refer their cases on to the Crown Court.
If you consider how many establishment, entertainment, and authority figures have been revealed to be pedos over the last four decades despite the entire weight of the government and judicial system in multiple countries being invoked to sweep it under the rug, the only rational conclusion is that every single rumor and conspiracy theory related to the subject is not only true, but is a conservative estimate.
And isn’t it remarkable how such a high percentage of individuals charged with pedo-related crimes manage to “commit suicide” or be “found dead” before they are forced to testify about their criminal connections?

paternos

Kingfisher
Catholic
Society will not improve, until cycles of abuse are put to an end...
Well this won't end because we are all of a fallen nature.

“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8)

What we see though is that who commit the gravest sins, like murder or child abuse are the most troubled souls on earth.

Rom. 6. [23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That we see a lot of suicide / death among these sinners is just logical. It happens exactly as it has been told to us.

Sin = Death

The sad thing is that modern society, with all its psychologists, makes us believe that we're free from sin. That deep down we're good people. In our heart we're very good. There is nothing wrong with us. We just have to accept ourselves. And that all we need is a few more laws and more taxes to prevent child abuse. More phone numbers, more doctors, more laws, more lawyers, more judges and then everything will be fine.

God sees everything.

When we deny our sins, we deny God.

We're basically taking a multiplier. I think that this is why we live in a society full of sin. Just as Jesus walked among smug scribes and Pharisees.

Modern society is a greenhouse for sin.

People cannot go to a priest to confess, repent and start a new way.

We're stuck with our sins and self-denial, which leads to more sin.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Well this won't end because we are all of a fallen nature.

We're stuck with our sins and self-denial, which leads to more sin.

While I don't necessarily disagree.
You'll note I said 'won't improve' as opposed to 'become perfect'.

As the one who started the Clown World thread; I can assure you, I do not expect perfection from glorified walking meatbags, nor do I suspect that glorified walking meatbags are ever capable of perfection.

That being said.

When it comes to cycles of abuse specifically.
Granted the following two circumstances were Divinely resolved.

Yet the society that was around Noah prior to the great flood, with all its cycles of abuse.
Along with Sodom & Gomorrah, with all their cycles of abuse.

Those cycles of abuse did end. They did end indeed...

paternos

Kingfisher
Catholic
While I don't necessarily disagree.
You'll note I said 'won't improve' as opposed to 'become perfect'.

As the one who started the Clown World thread; I can assure you, I do not expect perfection from glorified walking meatbags, nor do I suspect that glorified walking meatbags are ever capable of perfection.

That being said.

When it comes to cycles of abuse specifically.
Granted the following two circumstances were Divinely resolved.

Yet the society that was around Noah prior to the great flood, with all its cycles of abuse.
Along with Sodom & Gomorrah, with all their cycles of abuse.

Those cycles of abuse did end. They did end indeed...

Hmm, pondering on here, thinking about it in the spirit of Jesus.

Aren't the extermination of Sodom and Gomorrah and the great flood not rather an act of God's grace?
And not a dark voice act.

By giving people a new beginning? A clean slate, as after a confession.

Btw It's also interesting how the worldly rulers connected CO2 with sea level rise. CO2 = sin. Too much CO2 leads to the great flood. Every human breathes 2.3 pounds of carbon dioxide per day. Just by breathing we sin for our rulers.